Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
MyGod you all sound like seltzer soaked wet blankets. I can't even drink sugar sodas, but you give me a diet ginger ale or a well chilled Fresca peach and I'm in heaven. Tons of ice, soda, sooo good. I get it, you don't wanna sound like a fat, but chill. Sweet stuff tastes good sometimes!

Cream soda is super gross though, totally agree.

A PHUO of mine is any drink that has a lot of bitters in it tastes terrible. I don't understand it.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Jun 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I never claimed my brain was properly developed. I try not to lie.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
That song is amazing, and Kesha is lovely. You're right.

Unrelated unpopular music opinion: Good dubstep is amazing and I love it. It sounds like ED209 falling down the stairs at a NASCAR event in a good way. I don't understand the hate.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I don't understand video games. There. I loving said it. I do not understand playing them for hours. I definitely don't understand watching a screeching moron play on twitch.

No it's not just because I am gently caress terrible at games (last game I finished was Far Cry...whichever one had McLovin and crocodiles). Okay so it is, but I feel left out and I hate it.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's not a question of how people can enjoy video games in general, it's a question of understanding how people my age (early 30s) can still be as enthusiastic as I was about video games when I was a teenager to this day. In other words, is there something wrong with them, or with me?

Exactly this. I feel like I'm missing something by not being banged out about playing games. I don't even do mobile games. I am terrible at strategy in general and have the attention span of a

I once genuinely asked a guy at Gamestop if Metal Gear Solid was a good racing game. In 2015. It's embarrassing being this out of the loop about something almost everyone I know enjoys.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I want that hobby! Where do I go to figure out what games I want to play? I mean this. I have nothing but downtime and I literally know nothing. Where in hell do I go where people can read the list of 12 games I can actually play and then spit out a list of poo poo I might not blow off in 2 hours? This is Goons, there has to be that thread. Except of course there isn't because everyone just bickers about pixels and hexagons or boobs or something and I'll never find a game.

I am very bitter about this.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Anal is great, y'all must be doing it wrong. Also sex is over-hyped and put on a weird pedestal. There's too much stress. If people just relax about it and have a good time sex is just a weird and amazing part of life's journey. Doesn't have to be everything, but when it hits ya right, you feel alive for a reason.

Having sex in public parks is just strange, though. Stop with the dogging, there are innocent ducks about!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
A sunset is pretty, but not pretty enough to have endless photos taken of them that all look the goddamn same. Same for the moon, sunrises, certain animal species, and pretty much all American food.

Tiggum makes good points.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I totally agree, the super-stylized Japanese car culture and Tokyo as a backdrop made that movie pretty as gently caress. Han is also the best Fast and Furious character. By a wide margin.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Barn cats being exempted from these ridiculous rules you guys have for animals needs to stop. Barn cats are hellspawn that only exist to bring ruination upon all living things they see. They're only kept around as "pest killers" because the loving assholes haven't figured out how to eat cows and horses on the hoof.

If you don't believe in outdoor cats, fine. I want to agree. But stop your bullshit if you think barn cats are "working" or what the gently caress ever.

Edit: I want to be perfectly clear. Pets are cool, but I think keeping cats is gross and probably stupid as gently caress if you don't have pests. They're wild animals. Don't believe me, set Furball loose for two days, they'll still be fat when you come home. Cats are not pets. They're generations deep in "Kill things for food and shelter" but they still loving hate you. They will eat your flesh and find it fulfilling. Stray cats are more vermin than what they hunt.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 19:31 on Apr 22, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Are they not killing things that could potentially harm your livestock or crops, aka the things your livelihood depends on? That is serving a working purpose. Should we get rid of livestock guardian dogs too because they aren't "working" by whatever weird definition you are operating under?

They're killing everything, it's great. They also don't get fixed and are treated as working livestock by farmers. That means generations of barn cats that roam for miles and kill every loving thing. And it turns out not all farms are as rural as you think.

All I'm saying is stop exempting barn cats in your "Rules For Cat Having" book. They're evil and as unregistered and free roaming as any other stray.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

fruit on the bottom posted:

Oh good it’s the “cats will eat your face the moment you stop breathing” brigade. Thank god, I hadn’t seen any of you in like three days so I was starting to get worried.

Psst dogs do that too. Also a hamster made a nest in a dead person once, that was weird.

I don't disagree with you. You're arguing with the wrong person. Your cat totally hates you though, if it's in a barn.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Exactly. Your rear end in a top hat might be cleaner and more willing to take a load, but that's still a piece of poo poo in there.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I don't think you guys know what a barn cat is.

Or, in fact, a barn. Or "outside" for that matter.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
You have reached my point. There is no such thing as a real "barn cat". They're strays that people put a cute name on. If you hate stray cats and what they do, you also hate the "working" cats you guys seem to think are unique. They are vermin, stop giving cats in a rural setting a new coat of paint.

All barn cats are feral, and all cats kill for fun. They're the same goddamn animal. Stop making up rules.

Edit: I should say feral and not stray. Where I live there are no stray cats, just one's that have 19 homes. Rural communities have no safe place for cats. Perhaps this is why I have a weird outlook.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 21:49 on Apr 22, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Thank God I worked on a cruise ship once. Totally makes my Hello Kitty tattoo I got from a guy named Robbie-Lee not nazi bouge!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
If a 1am drunk and high fast food meal isn't the best food you've ever eaten, then you have not been drunk or high enough. I once ate a Arby's roast beef 'n cheddar that made me weep with happiness because the tequila 'n cannabis said to.

I will also defend chains like Chili's and Buffalo Wild Wings under the same rules. Get lovely, eat poo poo. It's fun.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
What home business goes through a stupid amount of paper towels? What do you do all day? If you say masturbation I'm just going to be very sad about your lack of creativity.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think it's because the things I dislike about them are what other people tend to like about them.

The fact that Petrucci can play a million notes a minute is impressive from a technical standpoint but it doesn't really do anything for me; I'm sure it probably means something to other people but I just can't imagine what.

It sounds rad.

Chet Atkins is the best guitarist, though.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
You're right. Any list of anyone doing anything is going to be extremely personal and biased.

But Chet Atkins is the best.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

those numbers almost literally mean nothing and you're so stupid for not getting that. literally nothing can help someone who is fat besides a poo poo ton of loving therapy, and the sooner gross people like you clue in and start telling fat people to get therapy rather than like, a million dieting tips that helps absolutely 0, because healthy weight loss happens with a nutritionist, and a personal trainer, and good mental health. Not because you read the made up numbers corporations make up to get you to buy their food.

ask me about losing 100lbs.

E: put 120, but then i realized i mathed wrong.

Well poo poo. I was going to start exercising and not eating like a bear prepping for winter, but I can't do it without an elite team of professionals. Guess I'll just have to wait until a unicorn delivers my bag of leprechaun money so I can afford all that.

You're gatekeeping being healthy and it's weird.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
The only good Christmas songs are made by the Carpenters or Mannheim Steamroller. Everything else is garbage. Just listen to the Carpenter's Christmas Collection on repeat through the season. The Carol of the Bells and Merry Christmas Darling on that album are the best things about Christmas and I am including gifts and glitter in that.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Andy Richter Controls the Universe was the best sitcom and I will die on this hill.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

My reaction would be hesitant enthusiasm, like half of me would think they are just messing with me (which I guess they are), and the other half would be dying to finally get to talk about my secret love of country rap with somebody without a sense of shame.

Country rap is amazing. It's fun as hell to listen to on long drives. But the scene itself is terrifying. Lots of juggalos gone country.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Caufman posted:

It was the best scene in The Wire The Musical, though.

Chess is a metaphor for druuug deals!

No I'm sorry, Bubbs stop doing drugs is the best part of that musical.

Bubbles is the best part of everything.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Seth MacFarlane finally made a Star Trek I want to watch instead of yet another one I watch so I can get all the jokes about Star Trek. I appreciate it.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
You're not wrong but dead dog episodes make me go walk my Ana and give her extra hugs. It's cheating in the only good way possible.

Who's the best TV? YOU ARE, Dead Ratings Grab!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
All coffee ends up tasting like stale and gross coffee once it is precisely 18 minutes old. It doesn't matter if you triple distilled the water and poured it over coffee beans grown and roasted by caffeine worshiping monks.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
What about Danny Dyer? I'm always convinced he's about to stab anyone around him just because of the way he talks. He chews his words expertly.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Straight White Shark posted:

Also all of the albums before that
Oh so I gotta go to bat for Imagine Dragons? Cause they're amazing and if you don't like them you hate fun. Or just arena rock in general. They're the perfect example of listenable rock.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

When I think "arena rock" I tend to think of bands like Queen. I've heard some Imagine Dragons because my brother and sister like them but they usually sound a bit gutless to me. That's fair enough if it's what you like (everybody likes some kind of music) but it sort of reminds me of the time I was listening to BBC Radio 2 and someone called in to describe how they'd been "rocking out to Train" the previous night. (HEY SOUL SISTER :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:)

Serious question: what did people like about Nickelback? What niche did they fill? Surely Foo Fighters were already around to satisfy the audience for competent meat and potatoes dad rock revivalism already when Nickelback showed up?

Eh yeah, I am actually using the phrase "arena rock" wrong, I think. I just mean a band that sounds as good or better live and fill the niche of sounding agreeably melodic while still being loud. 311 fills this for me. So did Linkin Park or Shinedown. Just loud rock that is radio accessible and can destroy a Ticketmaster with presales. Sometimes you just wanna jam out, ya know?

I also don't understand Nickleback but if I'm totally honest I never tried to like them.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

They should be imprisoned for art crimes. Everyone who says things like "you must hate fun" listens to insanely bad music. There are lots of fun bands that are also good.

Nah sometimes people just like poo poo you don't.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Most of the time I am live and let live with music but they make me want to drive a pencil into my ears and the idea of anyone enjoying them is as confusing to me as being a masochist.

Oh okay no I totally understand that. Everything sucks if you don't like it.

But c'mon this makes you wanna bleed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKopy74weus

It is SO BLAND. In a good way.

This is the weirdest meltdown

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Dec 27, 2018

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Music is only as good as you want it to be. If you hate everything popular you're boring.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Sleep is terrible and a waste of time. I'd rather stay awake forever than sleep more than 6 hours. Life would be amazing if sleep was off the table. Think of all the annoying poo poo surrounding sleeping you wouldn't have to deal with anymore. You'd get so much done.

Soon as there's a drug or implant that gives me the ability to never sleep with no side effects I am on board.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Games are boring and ruin parties. All of them, every last one. Games are lame and suck the fun out of everything they touch.

This goes double for Cards Against Humanity.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Why would you say no? That's just silly.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Everything surrounding cell phones and the usage of them is contributing to the downfall of society.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
No one has had ramen until they make it with crushed nacho doritos, some beef sticks, hot sauce, and pickle juice. All boiled up in the Doritos bag in the hot water kettle on the floor of your tank in county lock up.

No really, you haven't had Peak Ramen until you've had spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I'm pretty sure spread only tastes good when you're half starved and remarkably bored. But godDAMN does it taste good when you need it. As a street food I can only see it working outside of the shittiest nightclubs. I'd buy it after too much booze, for sure.