Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I want to know if South Park's whole member berries bit saying "People only watch X out of misplaced nostalgia!" is like, a purposely ironic thing, because everyone I know only ever watches South Park for the same reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

bean_shadow posted:

It's like the saying "money can't buy happiness". I'm convinced it's something rich people tell the poors to keep them down.

I've already done the poor and miserable thing, I'd love to try rich and miserable.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
FFX's story sucked until the very end where instead of any rituals or traditions or other JRPG bullshit, they defeat the grand evil creature by blasting it with a giant loving gun, then beat the poo poo out of it until it dies. That owns.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
PHUO: Chrono Cross was way better than Chrono Trigger

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If you like One Punch Man, My Hero Academia is also fantastic and takes a similar tone

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The Office is basically Parks and Rec before they figured out how to make charming characters or do anything funny. Also the "Assistant TO the Regional Manager" running gag wasn't funny the first time it happened and absolutely didn't need to keep going.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Friday the 13th Part 5 is an awesome movie, and one of the better ones in the series. Also Roy loving owns as a substitute Jason. Dude ate a machete and a chainsaw, got run down by a bulldozer, and STILL had the determination to slash up some nerds. Part 2 Jason recoiled in terror when faced with a chainsaw, Roy just went all Metal Gear Rising and started parrying.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Part 5 was good and you're all so mean :saddowns: Roy was a great substitute considering Jason was too dead to kill any nerds, Also the ending is easily rectified if you imagine Pam turns around, sees the masked Tommy, goes "WOW NOPE", and loving Mike Tyson punches him unconcious. Pam was a badass she could pull it off.

also Jason Goes To Hell is a FANTASTIC movie if you roll the credits after Jason's obliterated by FBI mortar fire. Frankly all slasher series' should be ended by the villian being vapourized by heavy military hardware. A second to late and it all goes to poo poo though.

EDIT: :murder: snipe, but with blue chevrons

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The only good April Fools joke was when Dwarf Fortress released a massive update on April 1st 2012 that was being worked on for years, and the website was hammered so hard that it went down and the people who managed to download it couldn't convince anyone it was real.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:chloe:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Aramek posted:

Rich people are better than poor people.

:thermidor:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Anything toasted is toast, even tomatoes

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah the few trans rights that existed are being eroded in the USA and trans folks are still being murdered for being trans, but has anyone ever considered the feelings of cis people who have to live with knowing a word exists now??????????

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Blue Star posted:

Seriously, you people are so loving online and insulated.

I was about to say how awful the quoted person must feel to have Blue Star agree with them, but lmao you were agreeing with your own post

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I pay 30 bucks a month for a gig and a half, and around here that's a pretty good deal :shepface: Canada's telecom companies loving suck

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yeah, I can definitely see not wanting to raise kids in America. This is...not a good place for kid having. lovely to no parental leave, your medical insurance can become exorbitant, then like you said if the kid turns out to be gay or trans this is not a good nation for that. Plus as wages stagnate and student loan debt becomes crippling a hell of a lot of people literally can't afford to have children.

It's kind of funny that the right is screaming and yelling about millenials not making GBS threads out enough babies when they're deliberately impoverishing them to the point that for a hell of a lot of them it isn't even possible to move out of their parents' house.

That's why you keep seeing these "millenials cant afford houses because <inane thing>" articles cropping up. It's an entire 'journalism' field designed to assuage boomers for destroying the world for future generations

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Imagine dying on the hill of "lol they're not LITERALLY exterminating gay people drama queens" when not only are they literally doing that, but you're saying it to defend eating fast food chicken

God drat, like god drat

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

spit on my clit posted:

nice meltdown over imaginary ninja squads

So are you denying that gay people are getting purged in other countries, or do you think the epic ninja burn is just that sick a dunk

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
PHUO: Genocide is bad

Sorry to get all political

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I liked the Empire in star wars because Tie Fighters were cooler than the dumb alphabet ships.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Saagonsa posted:

I used to be squarely in the "never ever talk or make noise during a movie" camp, but after I actually went to a movie with a super rowdy crown I did a total 180. People hooting and clapping are the best and add a ton to the experience

I agree with this as long as you dont have someone trying to be "that guy", who I've seen a few times trying to loudly MST3K the movie, but nobody can hear his mediocre jokes so it's just some guy incoherently talking loudly.

Conversely, partway through Expendables 2, the entire audience I was in realized collectively that we're all here for the same thing and started losing our loving poo poo every time something blew up :allears: I dont dare rewatch the movie in case it actually was bad and it was just the room's energy that made it amazing

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If you dont find cyborg orcs and aboriginal shamans fighting dragon-based cybercapitalism goofy and absurd then what even the gently caress man

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tiggum posted:

That's exactly the problem. I do find it goofy and absurd but the people writing it don't seem to. They seem to want it taken seriously.

Oh I get where you're coming from now. Almost all of my experience of Shadowrun is with the video games, and a lot of them could definitely benefit from leaning into how weird and goofy the universe is. The genesis one in particular was weird going from a tragic scene recounting the death of your brother to being Pepsiman making GBS threads out lightning at orbs to steal data

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

doverhog posted:

If in the near future a country started a war to force another country to combat climate change, or the EU harsly censured, or even took over, Germany for their coal mining, or a private individual took drastic action, they would be in the right.

It's perfectly reasonable to exact tolls on people who wanna use cars in cities, or even outright ban cars. Use a bus, or how about you walk a few miles.

:qq: "but our bus service is awful! I can't use that!"
Same person ten minutes later
:byodood: "THEY WANT TO SPEND MY TAX DOLLARS TO IMPROVE BUS SERVICE???"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I spent half an hour trying to explain why a tiny Macho Man leading a clown to regular sized Macho Man hiding under the ring was an amazing gambit, even after he saw how Macho Man caught Doink by surprise and laid him the gently caress out

I still dont think he gets it :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Gripweed posted:

Gundam is the best science fiction TV/movie franchise

G Gundam is the only Gundam worth watching

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Pepsi max + vodka :frog:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Plus the law has been turned so convoluted that it's completely inaccessible to the common man, sure I could citizens arrest this guy trying to hurt people but then god knows how much poo poo I could be held liable for, and even if its horse poo poo I have to pay some scumbag to say "he didnt do poo poo" in legalese while he makes hundreds of dollars an hour because his predecessors turned the law into a scam.

Lawyers should be second against the wall, especially corporate lawyers

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
In my experience people that "hate when things get political" are the same people who think someone being gay is political, or having a woman as the protagonist of a movie/video game is political, so I'm inclined to agree.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Pickles own on sandwiches, but I cant stand raw onion on them. They always overpower everything else and make you smell like poo poo. Cooked onion as an ingredient owns though especially in stews

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't know how anyone can eat them like an apple though.

Agreed, although I do this with tomatoes and they're delicious as hell. Everyone else is weird but me <:mad:>

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm sure Nazis wont be able to pedant their way into pretending they aren't anti-semites if you call them that

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I remember someone getting super pissed off because I poo poo on Burch while also having poo poo on him for the same reason a year or two prior (which they remembered but I didnt :shepface:) saying I was clearly obsessed with him, and honestly I'm glad everyone's come around on Burch being both an awful writer and general human being.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I insist on pronouncing Mario as "Merry-Oh" and will correct myself if I pronounce it properly, but only when talking about the plumber

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The best TF2 class is Pyro with that hammer that let's you smash sappers playing hard defense because it frees up the engineer to do teleporter fuckery while you babysit.

Or at least it was like ten years ago when I played last.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

spit on my clit posted:

anyone who likes the hot weather is a dumbass

:hfive:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I couldn't lower the shade because my landlord said the neighbors don't like it

I'm going to need some elaboration on this one

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Cheesy bites still send me into a frothing rage every time I see them, it's literally just stuffed crust except a hundred times more annoying to make and also basically guaranteed to burn to poo poo unless you reach your hand into the oven to pull it out because the crust is pulled so thin.

The only thing I liked about pizza hut was when they """promoted me""" to a manager with no pay raise or actual title change so I could work the morning shift alone, and I always gave my friends and myself free poo poo because it was the only thing stopping me from shoving my head into the deep fryer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
As best I can tell they soak the wings in their mediocre sauces so hard that it hides the taste of the dumpster quality chicken, but since they've been frozen for months before getting to the store, the sauce cant penetrate the wing.

I legit thought I hated buffalo sauce for years because I thought that was just what buffalo sauce tasted like. Pizza Hut is Hell.