Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
have we acknowledged yet that every "unpopular opinion" thread on the internet eventually crumbles into dog whistle racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I believe the NFL should have a zero-tolerance policy for domestic abuse and rape. Players should have their contracts terminated and gently caress off to find a job in some lovely arena football league. I have a moral issue with supporting a team that employs human garbage. This goes for the NBA and all other major American sports leagues.

This is a very controversial opinion with almost all sports fans, as I've figured out.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Collateral Damage posted:

So did I until they started shoving 3D garbage down everyone's throats.

This is a bonus, tbh. Forces theaters to use more screens, and the 2D showings are usually less crowded, especially on opening nights. It's really a blessing if you like first showings like I do.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Going to see a movie when it comes out is also pretty much what you do if you have friends that all wanna see the movie.

Makes a lot more sense to go "let's all meet at the first showing and go get food after" rather than "Yeah, let's wait until the DVD release at an indeterminate time, where half of us will have already seen it"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Buzzfeed is a good website, and BuzzfeedVideo has likable characters in an easy-to-digest video format.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

On one hand I do really hate kinkshaming, on the other hand, poo poo like raceplay exists

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

oldpainless posted:

What's your kink?

stability and emotional support

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Finding a hair in your food at a restaurant isn't a big deal. It isn't like a severed finger or a band-aid.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think Sommeliers could probably tell the difference. But here, have a clickbate video showing whiskey reviewers trying different whiskeys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhdlSpfzPvo

As a Buzzfeed fan, I'm very disappointed they didn't have them try Old Crow, official whiskey of poor people and me.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

People who keep reptiles as pets are loving weird

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Even like a ferret is pushing it. Get a loving dog or cat like a normal person

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

all late-night shows are trash

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I don't smoke, but I actually sort of like the smell of (fresh) cigarette smoke. It reminds me of fun nights at concerts and festivals. I don't really get people who tell people to stop smoking in outdoor spaces, unless they have asthma or children or something

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I vastly prefer flat, deflated pillows to brand new ultra-fluffy ones. New pillows just seem to flop around and slide away from where they're supposed to be, and obnoxious softness makes me sleep worse.

There is no greater friend in this world than a lovely, futon-esque pillow you've had for 5 years.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

All those cute little videos where people harass and mess with telemarketers aren't funny. They're not excited to be cold-calling strangers, but it's obviously something they need to do to support themselves and their family. And as far as I know, most work on commission, so all you're doing is taking money out of their pockets and putting them at a greater risk of losing their jobs.

The same goes for people that do pranks on drive-thru employees.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Jastiger posted:

I mentioned this a while ago too: You should always answer your phone even if you don't recognize the number. It takes literally 3 seconds of your life to figure out if its important to you or not.

If it's actually important they'll leave a message.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

wind is bullshit.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Trying to remain totally faithful to a book when adapting it to film or TV is absolutely ridiculous, and it's the reason why so many adaptations are terrible. It's a fundamental misunderstanding about how both mediums work, it's unreasonable and stupid to expect everything that happens in the book to happen in its adaptation with no changes.

The only important thing is nailing down the tone of the book and translating it visually.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Most of the shows in this "golden age of TV" aren't that good, they just have higher production values and have surpassed the pitifully low standards of television thus far.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Video games are a loving terrible storytelling medium, at least as they've been used so far. Barring a few examples, even the best video game plots would be average at best if told in any other medium.

And since gamers have made it very clear that any storytelling more advanced than "Freshman year philosophy and basic moral dilemmas" is SJW cuck poo poo, it's going to stay that way for a very long time.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Game of Thrones also has the token "white fiction author" trope of rape for character development

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

The best thing GOT ever did was show old lady titties to piss off all the fantasy fans who can't handle any nudity that isn't a teenage girl

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

If you want a good drinking game, go to a Game of Thrones forum (Reddit especially), find a discussion on one of the female characters, and take a shot every time they call her a bitch or a oval office

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

And a final lol at GRRM electing to keep "people loving and marrying barely pubescent girls" for historical authenticity in a world with dragons, zombies, magic and no functional economic system :reddit:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

People here stop for school buses when going the opposite direction on a four lane road. I'm almost positive you don't actually have to since there's a median, but people do it anyway. It's stupid.

If your kid is stupid enough to try and cross a four lane road, that's on you, not other drivers.

Also I think school bus drivers are routinely the worst drivers on the road. I've been cut off and almost hit by more school buses than any other kind of vehicle.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Goons saying "____ is for children" isn't the end-all be-all of an argument like a lot of y'all think it is

It's seriously the most lazy and :smug: you can say, and it's another part of the constant need that some goons have to prove that they are more mature, cultured, and cool than everyone else while posting on a loving internet forum like it's 1998

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Rhett and Link are good are Good Mythical Morning is too

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I hate people that don't use U-turns regularly while driving.

Apartment complex on the other side of the road? You could stop in the middle of a four-lane road and wait for the traffic on the other side to make room for you, endangering the drivers around you because idiots get frustrated and just pull out into the other lane. Or, you could go up about 20 yards and just take a u-turn.

Looking like you're going to miss a turn? No biggie, just keep going and take a u-turn as soon as you can. Don't swerve across 3 lanes without your blinker on because you just remembered the vape shop is on exit 93

Like it solves so many problems for you and the people around you

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

you like that? I got more hot takes. corn on pizza is good. oooooo

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm about to drop a bomb right here. I like corn in chili.

I like corn in just about everything tbqh

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Just do what I do, live a horrible unhealthy lifestyle that makes you feel bad all the time, so you can't differentiate what foods make you sick. You can eat whatever you want! #lifehack

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

The McDonald's burgers are bad and limp. They need to make them as good as their fries.

I don't think McDoubles and the regular cheeseburgers are bad. And some of their more expensive burgers are actually okay, but you could actually go to a local burger joint and get a better one for cheaper.

Even as a chubby dude who eats fast food all the time, I think Big Macs are really gross. That new mega-mac they made is an abomination.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Thunder Road is the best Springsteen song. It is also a top 5 all time American rock song

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I don't think I've ever made a decision on a movie that was based on whether I thought it would be good or not. I just watch movies I'm interested in seeing. I can count on one hand the amount of movies I've seen that I took absolutely nothing from, I think you can learn from and enjoy just about every movie that's released.

Except for Bloodfist VIII: Hard Way Out

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

I Like It, I Love It by Tim McGraw is a good song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

can we just gas the concept of language jfc