Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's number seven on the list of guns per 100 persons. Right behind Serbia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He sets a tree on fire in the hobbit. How would a normal human even do that

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Scarlet witch is op as gently caress. Honestly the idea of a sitcom playing off the traditional fifties model with reality getting warped around it sounds interesting, but it's tied into the MCU which is quite possibly one of the dullest collection of movies ever created.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Printers suck dick, if never let one in my house. You need something printed go to kinkos

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress just bring in liberum veto if you want a huge group of people who get nothing done. It'll save time

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Fun fact: checking your credit score lowers your credit score.

This is a common misconception. There's a difference between a soft pull and a hard pull on your credit.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Probably a popular opinion but schools should be teaching consumer math and economics instead of algebra and calculus. I've greatly underestimated the amount of financial illiteracy among the general population.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I think the credit score people should stop caring about how much credit utilization I have. Yeah I've been at 90% usage for like 10 years, but I've never missed a payment, maybe give me more money so I can keep being consistent instead of lowering my score?

If you're at 90% credit utilization for a decade and haven't managed to pay it down, why would they lend you money when you'd end up paying extra interest and start missing payments

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I looked at the debt consolidation loan letters I am constantly getting in my mailbox but the monthly payment would be more than I pay now (and I pay over the minimum payment on each card every month). I'd need like a 50k loan at this point and the terms for those don't seem very generous.
Please check out the Budget thread and Newbie thread in BFC

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3599364
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3256838

50k in Debt can sound insurmountable, but it's completely doable. The important thing right now is to get serious about tracking your expenditures and reducing your losses.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There's zero reason to buy chicken breast when Thighs are available. They're tastier, juicier, cheaper, and harder to gently caress up.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That's a good point. If you gotta beat your cock thighs might do, but breasts are gonna be a lot better for that purpose.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I can easily, but there's a ton of people out there who somehow manage to gently caress it up even after I give them the foolproof sear on both sides stick in the oven with a probe. I don't even know how you gently caress that up

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Your certainly the only person I've seen with that opinion on the final dungeon

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

yeah i like the lockdown and even the curfew, i like how it's quiet outside when i go to bed

You're lucky isolation has driven my neighbors to constantly scream playing call of duty until 4am every day.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

People posting single tweets should be banned. If I wanted to see what the morons on twitter were doing I'd go on twitter.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Build a fire

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If you think that, wait until you try some vanilla ice-cream, it'll blow your mind!

Homemade Icecream is so good, I almost can't go back to the store bought.

Shibawanko posted:

vanilla is a great flavor and genuine vanilla is much better than anything made with some fruit extract with usually artificial coloring and stuff
Real beans are great in icecream or any dessert that's primarily vanilla, however imitation is perfectly fine for cookies or any other dessert that has the vanilla as an ancillary role. People using pods in cookies is especially egregious to me as the vanilla is only there to add depth to the chocolate flavor, you're ratio of chocolate to dough, and which types of chocolate you use matter so much more than using real vanilla, every time I see someone use real vanilla for them it makes me cringe at the money they're throwing away.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Giving people Salmiakk is hilarious, I actually think it's pretty good after eating it so much

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Badactura posted:

I'll be honest with you, I don't know what fisherman's friend is

It's like an altoid but double.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There are people living in alaska and the Arctic why would mars be any different.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There is no difference

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You guys are seriously underestimating the evolutionary pressure that would be in affect on the martian surface. People that live in the Andes and other places with low amounts of oxygen have adapted just fine. Even the fact that human's breathe oxygen is merely a coincidence, caused by the highly oxygenated environment on earth. After a few generations living on Mars people will quickly shift from needing to breath air to being able to breathe space.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It would also hurt china's feelings

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I mean if the UN security council is supposed to be able to uphold it's prime directive then it need to be able to project power, and currently neither India nor Nigeria can do that.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They also border a dozen countries though, and have the largest nuclear stockpile.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Zapps voodoo and cajun gator taters are the goat for chips

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

Voodoo, sweet cajun onion, and spicy crawfish.

I can't get the onion or crawfish flavors here and it kills me. Even the pickle flavor is a crapshoot

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Pretzels are really good but they dont have a natural dip partner
Mustard my dude

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Yeah but a good strong English colemans mustard or the weaker paler American yellow mayonnaise?

English, Some stone ground, even some honey mustard works, I'd save the french's for hamburgers and hot dogs. You could convince my to try Dijon, but you'd have to be very persuasive

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They're so weird and thin. I think I remember they're actually an extruded crisp like pringles, just cut way thinner

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's like 85% sugar, I wouldn't dip fries in sugar why would I dip fries in sugar mashed with tomato paste

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't bought ketchup since 2014 I know cause I have a bottle of ketchup in my fridge dated 2014, I've used it like once for a sauce. It's a poo poo condiment, and you can always used crushed tomatoes or tomatoes paste anywhere in a recipe that calls for ketchup.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's primarily vinegar, that taste isn't the same as just tomatoes. Also lol wtf ketchup are you buying? It's tomatoes and vinegar.

Are you also going to tell us how much mayonnaise repulses you?

I buy only the finest "That's Nice" brand dollar ketchup First ingredient Tomato Concentrate, second HFCS, third Vinegar.

Naw mayo is fine, I was actually making some the other day and beating the hell outta it cause I loaned my mom the hand beater, after reaching a level in exhaustion that I hadn't experienced in my right arm since the days of my misspent youth I cursed myself for not having the proper tools for the job. As I did so I looked right at my kitchen aid and realized I was an idiot.

The moral of this story is that Miracle Whip > Mayo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It tastes nothing like vinegar. I own at least six vinegars in my pantry and not a one tastes even a single bit like ketchup

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Monkey posted:

Mush up a tomato and add some vinegar, onion powder, and salt. That’s literally all ketchup is.

Do you maybe dislike tomatoes??

You know drat well that isn't what ketchup is. You can go to any grocery in any country and check the label and see that sugar is the second ingredient. Why must you torment me with these tomato based lies.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's the third ingredient in Heinz and the Second in Hunt's the number one and two market leaders in the US.

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-r...2027-2021-02-12

And it's second in my "That's smart" brand ketchup. I'm sorry we can't all afford your luxurious bourgeoisie ketchup, but the majority of people are eating red sugar with fries.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Cats are disgusting, paying to have an animal that shits in a box and makes you clean it up is lunacy. Get a dog, they actually love you, and understand the importance of not making GBS threads in a box in my house.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Don't you have a company to run, zuck

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

it actually needs mayo

If that was the quality of Fry I was getting I'd be putting sauce on it too. Them's some sad fries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's probably also worth noting that GDP per capita in China is still extremely low, which is going to really bite them in the rear end when the previous generation retires. I believe India is similar.