Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Good things are better than bad things.

but on the other hand, there is actually no difference between good things and bad things.

Nothing good exists.

Everything you think is good is actually bad. Everything you think is bad is actually bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
We're about to enter a Dark Age for LGBT rights in the U.S. Hope you enjoyed 2014, 2015, and 2016, because that poo poo's going bye-bye in 2017. If you're an LGBT person above a certain age, prepare for the rest of your life to loving suck.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Heavyweights is the best movie Ben Stiller has ever been in, and his character of Tony Perkis is the best one he's ever done. Heavyweights is also better than The Mighty Ducks.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Feminism should 100% concentrate on the betterment and empowerment of female human beings. Feminists and feminist movements shouldn't have to lift a finger for males, whether they're cisgender males or transgender. Biological sex matters. Reproductive rights matter. The fact that female humans are an oppressed class under patriarchy matters. That's ALL that loving matters. Males, regardless of what they identify as, should not interfere or seek to include themselves. They are irrelevant to feminism and should recognize themselves to be such.

Also, cis women should simply be called "women".

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Most of the "tech advances" we keep crowing over aren't that special or interesting. Many of them are just re-packaged versions of older ideas. The real change is just that a lot of this Sharper-Image-esque bullshit is now "affordable", in that they've convinced you that you should own a "smart" water bottle even though that means nothing, no you don't, and you still owe $40K in student loans.

Technology has slowed down in recent decades. In the first half of the 20th century, there were huge technology advances: cars, airplanes, radio, nuclear energy, vaccines, x-rays, television, etc. But recently, there hasn't been jack poo poo. Compare 2016 to 2006: it's pretty much the same except our cellphones have some extra features, and the internet has more crap on it (social media). Technology is definitely stagnating. Like you said, it's all stupid bullshit.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Science fiction is a very silly genre. Almost as silly as fantasy. It's make believe. It's not interesting at all. And it's inherently regressive in its politics.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I feel bad for people who like stuff. You poor, naive, dumb little idiots. Sweet and innocent and retarded as newborn babes.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I disagree that music has been getting worse. Music was never good. Same goes for movies and literature.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Agreeing that VR is pretty much a failure. It's just not something that people really want. And the technology, as it exists right now, still kinda sucks. It's not very immersive and you're still standing in your living room with a dumb headset on. It's not the Matrix or anything like that. So it doesn't even deliver on its promise. I've tried to engage with pro-VR people in the VR thread in Games subforum, but theyre convinced I'm a troll and I get nowhere.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
People with weird fetishes should keep them to themselves. The problem is too many people, especially on the internet, think its a good idea to share them, completely unasked and unprovoked. It's like, goddamn i dont care if you and your SO are into weird poo poo, just don't bring it up for no reason.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think most cis women feminists dont really like or give a poo poo about trans women or gender-nonconforming males, just kinda give lip service to them and use them as accessories or pretend they're so tolerant and accepting by allowing them to be around. I still think feminism should be female-only but i wish everyone would be more honest about this sort of thing. Ive noticed a lot of them will job-shame men ("He works minimum wage! LOL!") at the drop of a hat, which i actually kinda do have a problem with. Male rape victims also get mocked. Also a lot of online feminists are bourgeoisie as gently caress and will happily support capitalism so long as they benefit from it and think nothing of it.

edited to add:

And for something more light-hearted: Encino Man and Waterworld are good movies. So is Congo. I've said as much many times. Also, the Star Wars Prequels are NOT better than the newer Star Wars movies (Force Awakens, Rogue One) but theyve got more memorable and creative stuff in them. I like the long-neck clone aliens on that water planet, i like the monsters in the arena, i like the underwater bubble city that Jar Jar binks takes them to, i like the pod race, i like the nightlife of Coruscant, I like that shapeshifting alien hitman. So far, we havent had anything that memorable or cool in the newer movies.

Blue Star has a new favorite as of 23:09 on Jan 1, 2017

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
We're still many decades if not centuries away from genetically engineering human babies. It's not exactly a pressing concern. This is a problem for people of the distant future.

Medical science is about to take a huge step back, anyway. Antibiotics are being less effective against new strains of bacteria and soon we wont have any antibiotics. Its also becoming harder to discover new drugs, and the number of approved drugs has fallen in recent years. And antivaccination is becoming more popular idea. We're heading towards a decidely less "high tech" world, not a more "futuristic" one.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
White women are absolutely hideous. Pale, bony, thin-lipped, blank eyed, stringy haired, assless, lanky, pointy nosed, ghoulish-looking things that age like milk. White men are ugly too but they arent put on a pedestal as the epitome of beauty. If you are a white girl then just give up now. Dont even bother with make-up, clothes, or anything. Accept that youre ugly.

Also i'm a trans woman so I'm allowed to say all of this.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Video games are silly and anyone who spends their time and money on them is silly.

:)

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anything over 25 hours a week is too much to work. Anything longer than 6 hours is too long to work in a single day. The ideal work schedule is four or five 5-hour days per week. The minimum wage should be no less than $20 an hour to accommodate this.

Also, work sucks and having a job is unnecessary to having a feeling of purpose.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Infinite resources will spell our doom as a species. Think people will sign up to serve like in Star Trek? People will just masturbate all day and binge netflix. Um...

Good. Can't wait.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Being actually real is not a requirement for a good spouse, lover, or good friend.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anything earlier than 10 am is too early. People shouldn't be expected to wake up and do work until after 10 am. And the workday should end before 4 pm. Also we should only work about three or four days a week, max.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
LOL at people saying that having a job is important for personal growth or motivation or whatever bullshit. No it loving isn't, you bourgeoisie fuckheads. Most people dont have fulfulling careers. Most people work lovely jobs to pay the bills, and often those jobs dont pay well enough to even do that. Working fast food and making 7.25 an hour isnt rewarding or fulfilling, and it isnt even important. We cant all be rockstars and astronauts. Many of us can't even be scientists, doctors, dentists, lawyers, social workers, teachers, and so on. Most people do crap that robots should be doing.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

poptart_fairy posted:

Food needs growing, arses need wiping, and engines need fixing.

LOL that you actually think this. :allears:

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Henchman of Santa posted:

Check out this unwiped rear end haver over here

It true. I also subsist entirely on my own boogers and never leave the house (if i can help it) thus negating the need of any enginess

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

poptart_fairy posted:

Farming, nursing and engineering are stable industries tho'.

Nah

:smirks while tilting head back and to the left, shaking head slowly:

lol

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Drugs expand your mind and help you perceive the limitless expanse of the universe. We're all different manifestations of the same ongoing uber-reality that is unfolding constantly, like ripples on the same ocean. We're all stardust. Im sorry that many of you are too limited in your ways to understand this, so complacent or more appropriately too fearful to explore beyond your own everyday comfort circle. Its very sad but I guess if you wanna stay limited and never reach your full potential as a cosmic entity, I cant make you. Oh well

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh, you people are arguing about spoilers? Ugh!!

Spoilers dont matter because fiction doesnt matter. As ive said before: nothing is good. All movies, tv shows, books, comic books, video games, animes, cartoons, etc. are garbage and bad! None of them are good! So it doesnt matter if people spoil them for you because they were bad to begin with!

Star Wars is bad. Harry Potter is bad. Doctor Who is bad. The Hunger Games is bad. Game of Thrones is bad. Stephen Universe is bad. Adventure Time is bad. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is bad. Marvel comics in general are bad. The DC cinematic universe is bad. DC comics in general are bad. Star Trek is bad. Disney cartoons are bad. Pixar movies are bad.

Actually there are a few things that are good: farting, taking huge dumps, and actually that's about it, I cant think of anything else off the top of my head.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

You Are A Elf posted:

1080p is perfectly fine for TV and movie watching. Anything more is just silly.

Most technology is just silly. Silly little gizmos and video game bullshit. That's all we have to look forward to. We're not going to cure AIDS or anything. We're not even going to get any dystopian death robots or cyborgs. Just more stupid phones and apps and video game bullshit.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Reminder that video games are bad. All of them.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

So what? You yourself said that nothing is good. If nothing is good, then it doesn't matter what's good and what isn't. Watch what you want, play what you want, read what you want.

You should partake in nothing. Imbibe nothing. Patronize nothing. Ideally you should sit silently in a pitch black room at all times, quietly waiting for death.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

doverhog posted:

Blue Star must now name some things that are good, or forever be ignored.

I've listed things that are good. Ripping wicked farts is good. Picking your nose and getting a really satisfying booger that's been clogging your upper nostril is good. Taking massive dumps is good. Scratching oneself is good. These are all okay to do in a pitch black room, in silence (except for the farts, those can make noise) while you wait to die.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Science-fiction is inherently reactionary. So is fantasy fiction. Both genres are silly make-believe that encourage people (especially children) to accept regressive attitudes (Objectivism, libertarianism, imperialism, monarchy, racism, magical thinking, etc.). It's also just plain unhealthy to imbibe in fiction that evokes fantastical "neverlands" that can never be real, or wondrous futures that will never come, distracting people from reality. No, not even "for fun" is this stuff any good.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is there anything you actually enjoy

O'course:

1.) picking my nose
2.) eating boogers (any; dont have to be my own)
3.) farting
4.) taking dumps
5.) scratching myself
6.) sleeping
7.) yawning,
8.) scraping psoriasis scabs off of my scalp
9.) standing up close to a mirror and squeezing my nose pores until stuff (not sure what it is) squeezes out

edited to add:

Just thought of another one!

10.) Biting the hardened skin that forms near the corners of my fingernails. Sometimes I eat it, sometimes I spit it out

Blue Star has a new favorite as of 03:21 on Feb 5, 2017

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tropical rainforests (also called jungles) are the coolest and best environment. Oceans are second. Deserts and wetlands are tied for third. Temperate forests and tundras are tied for fourth. Grasslands can go suck it.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Reading about sex slavery and human trafficking and sexual violence makes me weep. It is so imperative that we become energy beings of pure consciousness as soon as possible. We MUST do away with our base carnal nature and purge ourselves of our lower animalistic urges if we are to ascend to a new level of reality. I have already done this and exist purely on the higher cosmic plane, descending only to take wicked dumps and rip farts and eat boogers (the only carnal pleasures that are acceptable, imo), then ascending again to dwell in pure bliss.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Your obsession with dumps, farts and boogers makes you look and sound like an 8 year old, and what we truly need is not those things, but a Demolition Man style world where vulgarity is punished and all sex is virtual. Maybe in that world you can get your boggle sorted out.

no

Anyway, as a trans woman, i'm not really a woman. I cant get pregnant and my boobs are gross fat man-boobs, LOL. I was raised male and dont know anything about what its like to grow up female. I think biological sex matters because whether or not you have one type of body or another determines how you are treated by society. If you have a vagina and uterus, society has expectations of you and pigeon holes you; same for when you have a dick and dangly wrinkly hairy balls. All my opinoons on feminist issues (and all other issues, to be honest, but thats neither here nor there) are worthless. But people, especially feminists, are very nice and accomodating, even if I dont believe for one second that they really think I'm a woman XD .

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It kinda sucks that Peter Jackson's LOTR films have become the official "version" of Tolkien's stories. If you look at various artwork made by different artists, many of them seem to base their own art on John Howe and Alan Lee's illustrations. The Nazgul all kinda look the same, the elves all kinda look the same, etc. Before the movies came out, it seemed like there was more room for personal interpretation. And i'm just talking about visual style, here. Just the look of the costumes and armour and castles.

It really sucks that we didnt get Guillermo Del Toro's Hobbit movie.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think it'd be cool to be Jewish. I kinda wish I was. :(

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Grandmother of Five posted:

I didn't like it either. If you're not really into "world building", then you simply wont like it, I think. Great works of literature transcends genre, I think, and LORT really doesn't. It exemplifies fantasy, for better or worse, which means for worse if you're not specifically into fantasy.

The Hobbit is better than The Lord of the Rings for that very reason. The Hobbit seems more concerned about the actual story that is being told and Bilbo as a character, whereas the LOTR is more about Tolkien's "world" and made-up languages and history.

Story and character should always be the number one thing you are concerned about, if you are a writer. Even if you are writing fantasy or science-fiction. You figure out the characters and the story and themes, and build the world around that. It's actually easier that way, too. I've actually tried to do worldbuilding but i never get very far. Every time i sit down and try to come up with kingdoms, histories, maps, and all that stuff, I can't do it. Because i dont know whats going to be useful for a story. But i can come up with a character and a theme that i want to talk about, and build a little narrative around that. Once i do that, its way easier to come up with background stuff.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

Mauled? By what? Camping anywhere with bears seems way more dangerous than anywhere I've camped in Australia.

drop bears

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

how about you just stop reading poo poo you apparently don't like and leave the people to their own conversations

make me, bitch

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I consider any and all insults directed towards me to be an attempt to coerce me into suicide. Therefore, for me to murder people who insult me should be considered self-defense. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like Jar Jar Binks and i wish he had played a larger role in Episode 2 and 3.