Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

Steven Universe fans are one step below bronies. DBZ is a garbage show for five year olds, so comparing your darling crap to it does you no favors.

Well I guess you posted in the right thread! (About Steven Universe. DBZ is honestly kindof dumb, but SU isn't.)

AutumnDDP has a new favorite as of 03:40 on Nov 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
^^^ I can agree with this. The show [SU] is really cute and progressive, but it does feel like it has been dragging a little lately. I hope they end the show on a good note instead of milking it too long.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
I love all sorts of herbs and spices, but Oregano is disgusting. My sister's the same way so maybe it's a genetic thing, like the people who think Cilantro tastes like soap.

\/\/
E: To me cilantro tastes like a citrusy, minty flavor. It's very refreshing.

AutumnDDP has a new favorite as of 03:37 on Jan 7, 2017

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Harvey Mantaco posted:

People should be able to use sick days for pet care if they got 'em.
If my cats vomiting blood I got to handle that poo poo.

I mean, if you need to use a sick day for something like that you could probably just lie about being sick. But I definitely agree with you on principle.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
If I didn't have to work I would probably kill myself due to a lack of meaningfulness so that's worth something probably.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
Hi everyone,

I tried making a grilled cheese sandwich with cheese and banana. It was ok. The previous poster that acted like it was a revelation was full of crap. Thanks!

-Autumn

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
For what it's worth, the banana + cheese combo is pretty interesting. I recommend everyone try it. I'll probably have it again.

It's like peanut butter and pickles: not super great, but certainly interesting and decent.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

I agree with the post that said "Life is unfulfilling without work" is a privileged viewpoint that only applies to certain jobs. I would be tempted to agree that statement initially, but then I remember that my job (a programmer in academia) is exceptionally pleasant and low stress compared to the jobs most people work. If my job consisted of working retail or something I doubt I'd feel the same way.

Admittedly I do find my job interesting and intellectually fulfilling, so I'll agree with this viewpoint.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
Self driving cars are at least a few hundred years from being viable on a widespread scale. The solution to the problem requires close to the AI of a human, which we are ridiculously far from achieving.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Hey my man, these are all quite exquisite things to experience but ultimately pointless. So why do you hate other pointless things like video games, tv etc?

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Catholicism is really bad.

Revise that to (American) Christianity and I agree with you. Americans never follow the Bible, ever. Christianity in it's purest form is an okay religion, but Americans rarely follow it that way. Which is why so many Christians voted for Trump lol.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
Heath Ledger's Joker is dumb as hell.

"You wanna know how I got these scars?" No, not really.

Edit: I should mention that Health Ledger did the best he could given the script. But the script was dumb (and really, superhero comic movies in general are stupid).

AutumnDDP has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Apr 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer
I think I posted earlier in this thread about how The Dark Knight is just OK, through Heath Ledger did a good job with the script he was given.

Superhero movies are bad in general. They aren't even good as mindless schlock you see with your friends. The whole concept of the "superhero" we see in American comics is pretty stupid, and not in a "so bad it's good" way. It's just a dumb fantasy for people to wish that they were stronger than they are and could make a difference. It's kind of pathetic to be really interested in superheroes. Granted, this opinion might not be so unpopular because I suspect that superhero movies will die out within the next 5 years or so anyway.