Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's dumb, unlike the much more accurate Fishhook Theory

horseshoe theory is inaccurate, my violence and hatred is v. different than theirs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Henchman of Santa posted:

Hello, new FAROOQ account

There's very little anti-Semitism from the far left but some people do take their anti-Zionism a little bit too far.

Actually I'm a Niggerstomper58 re-reg

Das Boo posted:

If you go way far left, you get race separatists, actual misandry and a privilege point system where you're judged for things beyond your control, same as the right. I really, really didn't want to believe it until I met a living and breathing person who practiced it. She buys her two sons only dresses and dolls to play in/with, forbids them from watching superhero shows (which they watched at my nephew's house, in secret), openly talks about how males are garbage in front of them and criticized my niece for liking little girl things like princesses and mermaids. Her husband left her and she's now dating a trans person solely for the purpose of, in her own words, "supporting the cause." I met her, gently caress me. I actually met this person.

And her logic for feminism and racial support goes so far it looks right back to being misogynistic and racist. Like that women and minorities need things handed to them because they can't accomplish things on their own.

The point is, monsters exist in every group.

Call CPS?

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
humans are flesh golems who exist soley to reproduce

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

steinrokkan posted:

Have you tried coffee enema?

Have you tried dumping a bag of coffee beans on the floor and eating them like an animal you piece of poo poo

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

U-DO Burger posted:

Legalize psychedelic drugs to please the left, leave the drug ecomony completely unregulated to please th e right. Boom, 100% approval, elect me for your next President.

Fellow americans, I stand for one thing: throwing wide the doors of the universe, and letting all the terrible lights flood through us. I stand for an america where every housewife opens their cupboard to find themselves, slaughtered and packaged, ready to serve to their families. I stand for an america where every working man can apply himself to a hard day's work at a factory with no name, filled with choking black smoke.

vote for irreversible change. vote for me.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Blue Star posted:

I find it difficult to believe that people actually have strong opinions on stuff. Like, okay, Hugh Hefferneffer just died, the Playboy King. Okay, and? Dude was 91, he had boobies in his magazine. Some people liked that, others didn't. And then he died. And people are fighting about it.

Same with most other things. You realize its just a dumb thing, right? Why even have a feeling? Sad anger gladness, just fleeting nothing. Ooooh, Star Wars! Oooooooh, listen to this hot new song! Oh a celebrity said a thing. Look, something happened in the world.

Nothing is worth even the slightest emotion, except for maybe taking dumps and picking your nose and eating it. Those are cool. Ooh, and scratching psoriasis scabs. I also like mcdonalds.

star wars collectables?

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Packyy posted:

School is cool.

Ignorant mostly normie here. I think this brings up questions as to the ability of cosmetic surgeons to get the desired result and the subjectivity of beauty. Plastic surgery has never looked convincing to me, but maybe I haven't seen the best work. On the other hand, the idea that anyone would try so hard to be beautiful that they'd be willing to mutilate themselves is to me inherently ugly. And also beautiful, but in a tragic way. And all that probably sounds a bit demeaning, but it's kind of just my perspective and I'm sure other people are perfectly justified by any combination of sentimental life circumstances to feel differently.

privilege.txt

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Wheat Loaf posted:

The woman who made the accusation just sort of disappeared from history afterwards, didn't she? I wonder whatever happened to her.

lol I'm sure absolutely nothing happened to her

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

veni veni veni posted:

I usually don't.

now all you need to do is not post

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
The only reason to support freedom of movement is if you're a pedophile

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

doverhog posted:

Isn't the ability to move at unnatural speeds by definition a luxury, just as talking with radio waves, or creating light with electrons are? We used to live just fine without that stuff.

This tho is the real "answer".

no, you need a car to get to your job. Modern cities are designed around cars.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Tiggum posted:

Deus Ex: Invisible War is a really good game. Human Revolution is better in most ways, but that's to be expected given the eight years between them - and unlike a lot of older games Invisible War is still really fun to play. It's definitely got some problems, but they really don't have that much impact. It even has some advantages over Human Revolution:
  • Grenades are useful and fun and you don't get so few of them that you've got to hoard them like a precious resource.
  • No XP. Upgrading your augs is just based on finding or being given upgrades.
  • Universal ammo means you never have a gun you just can't find ammo for.
  • Ammo doesn't take up inventory space.
  • You can jump super high and climb over practically any obstacles.
  • The cool, fun guns are handed out near the start, rather than right at the end when you no longer have any use for them.
  • NG Resonance.
  • Probably other things I'm not thinking of right now.
Play Invisible War. It's great.

play Deus Ex, it blows the rest out of the water

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Tiggum posted:

There's a very clear tutorial section before the first hub and you're a couple of objectives right away (go check in with the cops and go visit the order church).

I tried playing it when it was fairly new, I tried playing it again after Invisible War. It's a poo poo game.

you're a poo poo game

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Doctor Spaceman posted:

"You can ignore PvP at the cost of losing access to other features" feels like a penalty to me.

Because I enjoy exploration and goofing around with friends, and all PvP is about is having some jerk try and stop me from doing that.

The PvE side of the game is built around punishing the player for not learning from their mistakes (did you think the enemy was going to thrust instead of sweep, despite having seem them do that before? Lose a big chunk of HP) whereas the multiplayer is far more unpredictable and less balanced and I don't like the combination of the two modes.

Trauma Dog 3000 has a new favorite as of 10:06 on Jan 11, 2018

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

doverhog posted:

This really is a ridiculous position unless you deny the divine authority and inherent goodness of the Valar and also Eru. If that is your position say hi to Morgoth in the Void when you meet him.

Eru was a bitch

steinrokkan posted:

I've always agreed with the Soviet review of LOTR that states that it's a propaganda piece in which the leisure nations that make nothing of value and only ever wallow in luxury or follow an aristocratic warrior code defeat the working class people rising up to reclaim the world and spread the creative, emancipatory powers of industry.

Soviet media analysis should have died with the soviet empire

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Unpopular opinion: the fact that farming meat is not environmentally friendly isn't the root problem. The problem is the population. Cut the population by 90% and the pollution added by farming meat to feed the survivors would be negligible.

I think I know a way to solve both problems

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

MizPiz posted:

poo poo, we're doing it to our own children

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.e35716bc78f2

that'll civilize those savages

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Isn't one of the first things you have to do in AA to admit you are powerless over your addiction?

Anyway, I definitely agree the addict isn't entirely blameless, especially if they know their family has a history like with alcoholism. Nobody is born an alcoholic, but if you start drinking knowing you probably will get addicted to it if you aren't extremely careful, then yeah that part is on you. Once you are addicted though, it starts to be less under your control. In the end it will still require your own conscious decision to stop, but most people can't come to that decision on their own while addicted and need some outside motivation - whether that's AA, a friend/their kid telling them to get their poo poo together, something has to override the addiction and become more important than the good feelings that come with whatever drug they are hooked on.

So in summary I think it's right in treatment to focus on the fact that he process of getting addicted was a result of their bad decision making - not to make them feel like a bad person because they aren't necessarily, but to understand what made them make those choices. It's kind of tricky because yes the addicted person is responsible for what they did while addicted (hence why making amends is a big part of recovery), but in personal experience if you make it all about how they're a bad degenerate who should have known better you risk driving them even deeper into it because they think "well my family doesn't even like me so why bother". Like on one hand you can't coddle them and say it was all the liquor or whatever because it wasn't, but on the other I think you have to keep more harsh criticisms restrained, at least in the early phases where they are still at a large risk of relapse.

standard disclaimer of not being a doctor and only speaking from personal experience with addicts/addiction.

AA is structured more like a cult than a treatment program, fostering dependence is part of that

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

hard counter posted:

when gbs 1.0 fell it took with it punctuation and capital letters and i'm glad of it

gbs 1.0 was a bitch

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Blue Star posted:

Unpopular political opinion:

LGBT people dont owe the American Left anything. The Left views us as tools. And they LOVE the idea that we have no choice but to align with them because the American Right is so much worse. They're in for a world of hurt. And a big unpleasant surprise.

everyone who isn't your direct family or friend who pretends to care about you is using you.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Blue Star posted:

I honestly feel really bad for you.

personally, I feel bad for the victims of the holocaust. but you save your sympathy for forums posters.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Blue Star posted:

Why do you say that i "save" my sympathy for forums posters? Is it impossible to feel sorry for more than one person or group of people at a time?

check out this loving white cismale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Aramek posted:

If you feel discouraged and listless (a weak feeling that only affects those on the left) and don't know how to choose who to vote for, I suggest just doing what you are told to do by a strong, authoritative person on the left, that way you still end up doing the correct action despite being a sack of poo poo.

right, off to murder some ukranians

I don't think there's anything special about being a "clean" comic. If you look at like any video of say, brian regan, 90+% of the comments will be raving about how it's nice to see a clean comic. Who cares whether they swear or not? All that matters is if they are funny (and for the record, regan actually is but he's the exception). I feel like people at lower than his tier use it as a crutch where people barely laugh but can say "well at least he was clean, you don't see that much nowadays".

because being a successful clean comic is much, much harder than normal-mode comedy.

Trauma Dog 3000 has a new favorite as of 21:29 on Feb 24, 2018