Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The mortal kombat and street fighter games were great popcorn movies and are overall great representations of the games.

All the resident evil movies are guff.

Milla Jokovich isn't a particularly attractive women, she's way too skinny and boyish.

I'd bang Melissa Mccarthy and Amy Schumer, hell, I'd pay too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
There are an awful lot of people in the world who really really hate onions.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Tiggum posted:

Is that unpopular? Isn't it how most people watch/read things?

You always get some weird oval office who has seen all the star wars films half a dozen times each but puts aside a weekend to watch them all in sequential time order because star wars has that much importance to them. Its a bit much.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Blue Star posted:

Great Britain is overrated. They have better beer, better pubs, and an overall better "drinking culture" than we do (U.S.), but thats literally about it. We have the better food, better weather, and everything.

I have no desire to ever travel to the US. The country has retarded gun laws, really bad accents (especially in the south), bad weather in terms of extremes, a weird obesity culture for some reason, every American I've met - who would be a tourist by definition - is loud and brash and obnoxious. It would be fair to call it a stereotype if it didn't land so much.

The countries too loving big. I drove to birmingam from Scotland recently and it was 7 hours in a car. 7 loving hours. I was ready for a mental breakdown by the end. That wouldn't even get you through California. There's no need.

The television shows are also exceptionally dire. No wonder so many folk are 5 stone overweight when every yank tv show is 150 episodes of good looking people who can't actually act filling in hours of dead air. Most British comedy is 12 episodes and done. Fawlty towers, The Office, Bottom, Young Ones. There's a reason they are all respected.

As a side, American episodes of British tv shows are loving awful. Stood out the most for me with Gordon Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares where the British one is Gordon quietly discussing a restaurants failings and the American one is loads of shouting and arguing and drama. The Office as well. UK - 12 episodes and 2 xmas specials - brilliantly written character driven drama, US - 201 episodes of bloated goofy slapstick. What the gently caress is wrong with you people!

I don't drink so any drinking culture is lost on me, I'm Scottish so I've seen enough alcohol problems to last a life. You are pretty far ahead of us in terms of weed politics so ill give you that.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Jerry Cotton posted:

A bar that opens at 9 should not turn the jukebox on at 9 because absolutely no person who wants to slam some coins into a jukebox at 9 should be allowed to choose any music ever.

At 9 in the morning?

No-one should be drinking alcohol before 8pm anyway.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Jerry Cotton posted:

Drinking after 20 messes with your sleep so it's a no-no.

E: also a lot of people go to bars for coffee.

good point i didn't consider because I'm Scottish and people put whiskey in their coffee here

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I dont care much for Greenday but Redundant is their best song imo

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

yeah I eat rear end posted:

also the offspring were better than greenday ever was as far as that genre/era goes.

offspring have a good number of brilliant songs

bad religion have two

blink 182 were unironically my favourite band for a time

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Mu Zeta posted:

What is the extreme opposite of selling out. Bands like Radiohead that progressively make weirder and more boring music. Should be a term for that.

Being shite? For the record i love everything up to kid a, even pablo honey. Everything since has not been good music.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

MizPiz posted:

Will Smiths and DJ Jazzy Jeff's Summertime is the perfect summer anthem. There was no point in making anymore after it was released.

loving word

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Fury Road was exactly like 300. Great film to get baked and zone out on but ill never want to watch it again.

They tried a similar format with Pacific Rim but they also tried to add in a plot and it didn't work.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

doverhog posted:

Starship Troopers and Robocop are brilliant movies. Verhoeven was a genious. I try to emulate his tone (and some others too) in my posting.

both incredible films with highly diminished sequels

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I'm with i eat rear end, its a good movie but the hyperbole at its release was bizarre.
I went into it expecting some mind of classic all time masterpiece from all the overblown praise and lol, its not that.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Its a well made tv show that has an over the top fanbase. I got maybe a season and a half in before i lost interest but my girlfriend and work mates all love it.

Westworld on the other hand I lasted about 35 minutes before dropping it. Nothing about that first 2/3 episode drew me in.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I like when games have alternative game overs like in the original Half Life when you kill one of the scientists you need to make a portal jump

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I see what you did there

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I fully agree with that. My girlfriend is somewhat picky in the "i dont like spicy food or fish" kinda way but one of the women at my old work was more the no egg, no red meat, no curries, no mayonnaise, 2 cigarettes and a coffee for breakfast mind of person.

I couldn't help but smirk when she complained that her kid would only eat chicken nuggets or pizza

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Saagonsa posted:

Caring about what other people don't like to eat is an extremely weird thing

A lot of people say "caring about what others think or do is a weird thing" but then they just come off sounding like weird loner psychos who can't feel empathy :shrug:

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

MizPiz posted:

Elton John is overrated

But Elton plus Taupin is a dream team

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I like the idea that human beings on a general level are all hedonistic lazy arseholes. When you put things in the context that thousands of generations of people have lived and died and the snapshot of life in 2018 is still people suffering due to uneven resource distribution, racial differences, sexism, exploitation and the class system its maybe just that we have always been massively selfish cunts.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Rectal stuff is gross as gently caress

Don't eat rectumi

Dont have sex with rectums

Nature making your rectum the part of your body that gets rid of all the stuff that can't be used anywhere else just wasn't a big enough black mark for some folk

I just don't get it

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Danaru posted:

Anything toasted is toast, even tomatoes

:vince:

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I dont like tattoos. My girlfriend has one with her dads name and the Welsh flag which is fine but folk who have random flowers on their ankles or butterflies on their necks, i just dont get it.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

The worst part about reddit isn't really the content imho its the fact that half the time you click on a thread title it takes you to imgur or some other site. Then you have to go back and click on the comments link to actually talk about it. It should at least open links in a new tab.

thats an option in the preferences bro, i mean literally the first option you see

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Jurassic park
Congo
The shawshank redemption

My unpopular opinion is books are stupid and a dying medium. If its fiction then they'll make a movie which will be a better experience and if its factual its probably out of date anyway.

Books are good for power cuts and sitting by the pool on a holiday.

Also people who take pride in still reading books are tossers. If you want to read them that's fine but if you mention it out loud you just want credibility.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Counterpoint: the abomination known as the dark tower movie. How could a movie with that cast be so trash that you can honestly say it would have been better if you stuck closer to stephen king's source material?

I'm not sure mate, ill never read the dark tower books and from the 1:30 trailer I did see i had zero interest in watching the movie so yeah it maybe sucks if you are an invested fan but if you just blink and pretend the dark tower doesn't exist your prolly not missing much.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I've just not bothered with them and never will.

Which is not a dig at LotR, those are incredible movies (and chronically boring books). Don't get me wrong I was interested given I enjoyed the book of The Hobbit when i was 12 but as soon as I heard they were going to make it into 3 films I made a mental note not to bother.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Gone Home was a loving bland boring rear end videogame which I turned off after literally 5 minutes. And it was free.

Life is Strange is a bad videogame that sounds like a lovely tv show from Nickelodeon in the 90s. The language, the writing, the characterization, all awful.

God of War 2018 is a well made videogame. Its probably a fantastic experience if you've never controlled a videogame charachter in a 3d space before but in 5 hours it didn't do much that I hadn't seen before.

Nier Automata is a cool game which gets hyped up wayyy too much by a bunch of nerdorinos who collectively go "this games themes of existence are so profound that I'm going to label it the greatest gaming experience created" while ignoring the fact that streets of rage on the mega drive in 1992 had a more complicated combat system.

Fortnite is loving stupid. Cool design, neat premise even if pubg got there first and does it better. Why are there building mechanics? Why is the biggest game of 2018 so schizophrenic it can't decide if it wants to be Minecraft or counterstrike?

Starcraft 2 is the greatest videogame.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The American office awful, its the typical yank approach of missing the point completely and then doing it for 200 episodes because Americans just don't understand subtlety or humour.

American adaptations of British shows are awful at best so I didn't expect much but its impressive how much they missed the mark with that one.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The thing about the whole Gunn thing is being punished for 9 year old tweets is ridiculous but not as ridiculous as anyone caring about guardians of the galaxy

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
La La Land was a really boring movie and The songs were ultra forgettable. This probably isn't that unpopular an opinion but I usually like musicals so I was pretty disappointed.

If you somehow make an Emma Stone movie unwatchable you done hosed up

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

veni veni veni posted:

I immediately dismiss any musical that was made after the 80's

This isn't terrible advice as long as Mamma Mia gets a pass

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I used to think I was rural because it takes 20 minutes to get a McDonalds

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Solice Kirsk posted:

I have this and I live in Chicago.

Haha laughed out loud at this for some reason.

The town i live in is kinda small (10k or so) and by any measure would be called rural. Its only since new employment forced me to travel into the city that I've really started to comprehend how little truth there is there. 20 minutes for a mcdonalds, 25 to go to the cinema and a 30 minute commute for work. Its just the scale of Scotland is a lot more managable than some parts of America.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Unfortunately the specifics of American fast food chains are totally lost on me but when the small town I live in got a Subway a few years ago it was a pretty big deal.

Its a shame because id love to try all the American eateries that i see argued about on these forums, we did get a Five Guys butv the prices put me off somewhat.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Television programmes are dead to me, I dont get why anyone watches them, I think when I watch something I need to be engaged fully rather than throwing westworld or once upon a time on the telly and glancing up whenever the actor they find most attractive is on which is how most people seem to watch tv programmes.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Yakuza is an overrated game series

they are alright games, but the fans won't loving shut up about them and its tedious

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I can totally get someone not liking the Big Lebowski if they went in with any kind of hype or expectation but I saw it on TV in 2000 or so without knowing a thing about it and I thought it was hilarious so yknow

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I hate the term "cis", its so loving dumb. That's a name no one would self-apply where I come from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Strawberries are lovely, raspberries are vile