Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

silence_kit posted:

Historically this was probably true.

Now Id say that this forum is heavily comprised of posters who are constantly trying to demonstrate to others how virtuous and egalitarian they are, uh oldpainless excepted.

so actual rapists then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Homophobia is the gayest thing of all

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Nice

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

jojoinnit posted:

The last couple of Wolfenstein's have been amazing "Doom-in-alternate-WW2" games but you need to put the difficulty on easy as it's so unbalanced. I didn't mind the heavy handed story. It felt correct for the setting and character. You can have both emotional pathos and cyberdogs.

Play on hardest scrub

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Gripweed posted:

Dams suck rear end. They're absolutely destroy the ecosystem both above and below the dam. They're like environmental atomic bombs. And they create reservoirs, and only bad things happen at reservoirs. Everybody knows reservoirs are bad news. Seriously, which of these sentences sounds natural to you?

"They got married down at the reservoir!"

or

"They found another torso down at the reservoir"

Yup, better burn more coal

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

The existence of agent provocateurs doesn't remove responsibility for burning down buildings

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Also, the destruction of a small business, given the probable lack of riot insurance probably has worse long term health effects than a mid-serious injury

Edit: and don't try blaming capitalism

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Nope. Sooting people trying to burn down your small personal business (not GameStop) is justified tho

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Gripweed posted:

Why not Gamestop? Because it's not a "small personal" business? How big does a business have to be before you think it's not worth more than a human life?

Big enough to have riot insurance and the capacity to absorb the loss of a store. In addition, GameStop contains sufficient capital that even massive damage wouldn't meaningfully hurt the group of people who own it.

Burning down a barber shop is destroying someone's ability to provide for themselves, which represent a very real impact on someones life and health

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Josef bugman posted:

More so than shooting them dead?

The thing about threatening to shoot someone is that they normally leave rather than pressing the issue. Besides, when you're the aggressor you're always second priority

Edit: you are, if course obligated to use the minimal possible force, and a threat display is better than actual violence

Piss Meridian has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Jun 2, 2020

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

mind the walrus posted:

My dude, if you have not watched the videos of the police shootings, you should.

The actions of the police are irrelevant. I support the protestors, but that doesn't include destroying people's ability to feed themselves.

I'm also not supporting any given example of looters being shot, if that is what you are referring to.

Piss Meridian has a new favorite as of 00:14 on Jun 3, 2020

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Gripweed posted:

Ok so you don't support actual people being shot, only hypothetical people. Hypothetical people in a hypothetical scenario. A hypothetical scenario which, to the best of your knowledge, has never happened. Because if it had ever happened you could point to it and say "Yes, this man's life was worth less than that store, and I'm glad he was killed"

Great.

It's hardly unusual, and I'm sure it happened during these riots. Your wounded attitude about not being allowed to burn something is really gross by the way.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Gripweed posted:

If it's so not unusual a simple google search should bring up a person who you believe deserved to die. You could do that, find an example, post it here, clearly and explicitly say "this man, whose name is _____ ________, deserved to die for destroying a store" and then we could argue about whether or not that person's life had greater value than a store.

The unnamed looter who burnt down that guys sports bar deserved to die, if he continually escalated in violence against someone clearly intent on protecting their property.

In that case he was covered by crowdfunding, but we all know that's hit and miss.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Gripweed posted:

Your local public park has free weights and a squat rack?

My old city has fitness trails with outdoor Smith machines. They're great to walk past hungover

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

there's no good reason for smith machines to exist, and they just take up space in decent gyms that could be occupied by more squat racks

also i really loving miss my gym

Yeah but you can't really leave free weights lying around a park

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

how do you weight the smith machine without plates though?

They're captive in the machine and you use a rod to select the weight you want. You'd have to go at it with a wrench to get them out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

fridge corn posted:

Did this show just miraculously get good somehow? I remember watching when it first came out and it was absolute garbage with dumb gimmick characters like the fish and the annoying alien guy

Maybe you just don't like good things?