Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

The Beatles were overrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Aramek posted:

I'm sure I've brought this up before in this exact thread but I genuinely enjoyed Ringo's solo career. There's just something that's so Earnest and yet stiff about everything that he does it's so charming.

His son is a very good drummer too, so much so that he played for The Who during their 50 year anniversary tour.

EDIT - He's been playing with them since 1996???!?

Dell_Zincht has a new favorite as of 10:36 on May 31, 2020

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

This only works on people born before 1980

In the UK it's a very unpopular opinion that works on people of all ages.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

BrigadierSensible posted:

Kristoff's song from Frozen 2 is better than Let it Go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8jNbZIsBQU

There are plenty of songs in Frozen that are better than Let it Go, and I don't just mean after hearing Let it Go for the millionth time and getting sick of it.

The very first time I watched Frozen I thought that "For the First time in Forever" was the better song, and I still do.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I'm still amazed Family Guy is an ongoing thing, I loved the first 3 series but I don't think I have ever sat and watched any episodes from later

Season 5 was the last full season I think I ever watched.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm a vegetarian and even I can realize that both kinds of bacon are good you goddam loving goons. As always, Canada remains the best anglo(ish) country because you can get both kinds of bacon easily.

Also I just wanna further confuse the conversation by saying that the thing americans call "canadian bacon" is neither ham nor actual peameal bacon.

Streaky bacon is pretty popular in the UK too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Shibawanko posted:

i was vaguely hoping someone would come in here with a passionate defense of nickelback

girls aloud is a good british band. i also like original lineup sugababes. early 2000s pop was fun

in defense of radiohead vs. oasis the best thing i can say is that at least i've never heard radiohead come out of a supermarket speaker system

I used to chat to original Sugababe Siobhan Donaghy on MSN messenger and knew about her quitting before it went public.

Also you've never heard Radiohead come out of a supermarket speaker system because shopping is loving depressing enough as it is.