Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Dark Souls and its brood are poo poo games. And no, it's not because of the difficulty, it's because of the Souls/Blood Echoes retrieval mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

Please elaborate.

Any game that holds your XP hostage via repetition of an entire sequence, most likely itself repeated several additional times, is poo poo.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

He doesn't like losing his souls when he dies two times in a row without making his way back to where he was. Some people don't like consequences.

veni veni veni posted:

They are bad at Dark Souls therefore game is bad.

poptart_fairy posted:

Git Gud is a perfectly acceptable response to someone's failings in a FROM game.

This, also, is why the games are poo poo. Any series that cultivates a culture of prideful exclusion because not everyone has the patience for rote memorization is not something I want any part of. I played the first Dark Souls to completion, waiting for that Moment everyone kept telling me I would have, and all I got was a resounding Thud of an ending.