Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The most prescient “dystopian” novel written in the 20th century was Stand on Zanzibar by John Brunner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

hawowanlawow posted:

the "woman with speech impediment sings slow version of __________ in little girl voice" fad will go down as one of the cringiest in history

I have no idea what you're talking about, and I'm kind of glad I don't. >_>

"Dog" people are generally shittier people than "cat" people. I've never heard a "cat" person disparage dogs or dog owners, but I hear plenty of poo poo from "dog" people.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is salsa a soup :confused:

All food can be categorized as a soup, sandwich, or combination thereof.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

mind the walrus posted:

Tarot is legitimately fun and I enjoy doing it sometimes.

Truth. The best part is when you get disturbingly close to divining a person's situation without knowing a thing about them. I had a couple of those hit when I first learned to do a basic Celtic Cross, and it made me take a step back wondering what the hell I'd gotten into. :v:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Apple is a sorely underrated cooking ingredient. Especially Granny Smith apples.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I make a bunch of Japanese curry sometimes and grating half an apple in there is a game changer.

:hfive: Curry bro!

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I posted that, too.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Higgy posted:

Kind of a weird argument to use labels that help to define a spectrum of sexuality as evidence that sexuality can’t exist on a spectrum.

The argument being made is that sexuality isn't a continuous spectrum but a series of discrete points. (How many points is, of course, the big question.) I've heard the argument before. If you smooth sexuality down to the point where you can't efficiently label it (e.g.; "homosexual," "bisexual," "asexual," etc.), then sexuality becomes a meaningless concept.

I don't understand why you would get mad at there being more gradations than you feel are necessary, but I understand the underlying philosophical argument.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Gripweed posted:

I don't like it when a TV show does an episode set in an alternate timeline of dream or whatever where the inciting incident or whatever of the show didn't happen. They always feel like big wastes of time, and usually are just for the purpose of a little bit of characterization that could've easily been accomplished in the regular show

What I'm taking from this is you're not a fan of Star Trek.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

PMush Perfect posted:

People who turn off avatars on SA are fools and cowards.

I've been on this site for over 15 years and never knew that was an option. :psyduck:

Either way, gently caress that noise. I paid $10 so everyone can bask in the glory of Ninja Brian. That means loving everybody. :colbert:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Milk Shakes (+1 for malted) are the superior method for ingesting ice cream. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Pick posted:

I like textured walls and ceilings

For some reason, this post (and this whole loving thread) reminded me of this Michell & Webb skit.