Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

NXT's main problem is that they're not getting heat on anyone outside of DIY (helped along by the best heel team on earth) and Tye, who just jobbed, and we've got another two weeks of rematch fever in the title picture at minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Nakamura is the only credible face in the entire division

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Blasmeister posted:

A lot of NXT's recent problems stem from the topcard cull that comes from being developmental (and this applies to the writers too). The revival should be the only people going up in the near future, as the tag division is the only one that's been slightly built back up since the brand split induced strip mining, and in the Revival's particular case they've had two solid reigns on top already and don't need anymore refining. With DIY, Sanity, AoP &TM61 you have a decent base for a division, whereas without Nakamura or Asuka and their immediate contenders, there's only really 1 person in each singles division approaching ready for a title challenge push (Roode, Ember (barely))

I don't agree on the women. Like I said above, I think Nikki Cross is already being portrayed to be on Ember's level. I don't know how good she actually is in ring, but if she's even "solid," then the four girls they're pushing underneath them (Aliyah, Liv and the aussies) are more than good enough to fill out the division. And that's assuming zero impact signings. A group of 6 with two real talents at the top and the possibility of more is plenty of structure to keep things alive if Asuka goes.

You're dead on with the men, although I think Aries would also be ready for a title push if he wasn't hurt, and I don't think it will take much for Roddy Strong or the new heel Almas to get there.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Sanguinia posted:

I don't agree on the women. Like I said above, I think Nikki Cross is already being portrayed to be on Ember's level. I don't know how good she actually is in ring, but if she's even "solid," then the four girls they're pushing underneath them (Aliyah, Liv and the aussies) are more than good enough to fill out the division. And that's assuming zero impact signings. A group of 6 with two real talents at the top and the possibility of more is plenty of structure to keep things alive if Asuka goes.

You're dead on with the men, although I think Aries would also be ready for a title push if he wasn't hurt, and I don't think it will take much for Roddy Strong or the new heel Almas to get there.

Well yeah that's kind of my point. They all have potential but they need time (that they dont have) to establish them and build them up. Nikki Cross has had, what, 2 televised matches and afaik no promo time at all since her debut? That she's close to Ember's established level says more about Ember than her. NXT should seriously consider having Mickie stick around for a few months to either give Asuka more stuff to do or put over some of the newer women to get them ready for facing Asuka.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

RealFoxy posted:

She would be fine on Smackdown but imagine her being stuck on RAW and trying to sell those god-awful feuds and writing.

to be fair, that's true for everyone

especially the people on raw

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Go RV! posted:

to be fair, that's true for everyone

especially the people on raw
Sasha's done a good job at exposing herself for not being nearly as talented as we were lead to believe in NXT. Charolette is doing just fine. I think Bayley is the one who's stuck on the B show.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

NXT's main problem is that they're not getting heat on anyone outside of DIY (helped along by the best heel team on earth) and Tye, who just jobbed, and we've got another two weeks of rematch fever in the title picture at minimum.
DIY had a very smart push to the top, it wasn't all The Revival.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The most amazing thing to me about the Revival is that they're still heels even to the people that go to Takeovers, borrow chants from UK indies and sing Roode's theme and treat him like a top babyface despite every heel trick he uses. It's fascinating that either the smark crowd is willing to boo them to 'play along' or they're such great heels that they're bypassing the 'cool' perception and getting genuine heat.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
If Nakamura's gonna debut I think the best way to do it is in the Rumble. One thing they've never done is have a guy debut in the Rumble and win it, and I don't think they'll have a better opportunity to bring in a certified star and "sure thing" success than Nakamura offers. It's still a pretty crazy thing to do, but the company is clearly willing to strap a rocket to the right person given that they had Balor win the new top Raw title after only about a month on the main rosterm so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
e: this is not the correct thread. this is not it at all!

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Scorching hot take but I don't think Joe/Nakamura have good matches. They're ultimate slow, boring, and poorly paced. It's kind of amazing because they're both fantastic workers but this has been the second takeover in a row where I thought they had arguably one of the two worst matches on the card.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
One of the reasons DIY/Revival was so good is because the second fall wasn't a throwaway at all. Usually in WWE 2/3 falls booking the second fall becomes this 2 minutes long abrupt segment so they can tie it up and go into sudden death one-fall territory immediately. If anything it makes more sense for the first fall to be a quick fluke or a flash pin.

In this match though, the first fall was a lengthy fight, the second fall was about DIY desperately trying to avoid a shutout and got a bunch of time, and the third was more dramatic because of the buildup of the first two. Each fall felt important and could've been a match by itself.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sticklefifer posted:

One of the reasons DIY/Revival was so good is because the second fall wasn't a throwaway at all. Usually in WWE 2/3 falls booking the second fall becomes this 2 minutes long abrupt segment so they can tie it up and go into sudden death one-fall territory immediately. If anything it makes more sense for the first fall to be a quick fluke or a flash pin.

Or worse, the heel takes a DQ loss with chair shots and beats on the babyface to easily win the second fall, and then they just have a normal match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkEguvR-hjI

• Locked thread