Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Ok, look, this card is obviously a transitional one. Many of NXT's most promising new stars - Andrade, Sanity, Tommy End, Crazy Mary Dobson, Big Damo, etc. - are missing from this card, either having not yet debuted or not having had time to set up a big angle. Meanwhile, many wrestlers who had once been hoped to be NXT-bound have gone to the cruiserweight division instead, leaving it unclear where one roster starts and one begins. You might catch Gran Metalik or Cedric Alexander at a house show, but not on this card.

With that in mind, there's still plenty to be excited about tonight. Nakamura and Joe have their second match in NXT, and if the first one was any indication, it should be awesome. Booby Roode and Tye Dillinger are going to have a catchphrase battle for the ages. DIY and the Revival have a 2-out-of-3 falls rematch that is almost certainly going to be match of the night. Paul Ellering is going to be suspended in a cage above the ring. This will be a fun one.

NXT Championship Match
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Samoa Joe

After Shinsuke broke Joe's jaw in Brooklyn, Joe retaliated by demolishing the new champion and left him in an ambulance. Unfortunately for Joe, this beating left Nakamura in the hospital for weeks, causing Joe to have to wait even longer for his rematch. After running through half the roster (and ruining the long-awaited Blake vs Murphy blow-off), Joe finally got Regal's attention - and got knee'd in the face by a returning Nakamura for his efforts. Now, the two finally get to have their match.

NXT Women's Championship Match
Asuka (c) vs. Mickie James

Okay look, there's no way to sugar coat this: no woman in NXT is ready for Asuka. Ember Moon is the only person who comes close, but she's still just getting started, and even with impressive house show title shots, isn't ready for this match.

So, with that in mind, here's former WWE wrestler Mickie James! I know nothing about her. Is she good? Someone tell me.

NXT Tag-Team Championship Match (2-out-of-3 falls)
The Revival (Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson) (c) vs. DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa)

SAY YEAH! gently caress The Revival. gently caress them. I've never been so mad at a wrestler as I was at them at the end of their Brooklyn match. I hope DIY kicks their loving asses. That's all you need to know.

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals
The Authors of Pain (Akam and Rezar) vs. TM-61 (Nick Miller and Shane Thorne)

Listen, I know, you don't care about this match. TM-61 are talented but dull, and The Authors of Pain have done nothing but big dude beat-downs since their debut. The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic this year didn't hold up to last year's, especially due to disappointing injuries and last-minute replacements. None of that matters.

Paul Ellering is going to be suspended in a loving cage above the ring. In storyline, Regal got this idea from a new WWE toy set.

This will be fun, dammit.

Bobby Roode vs. Tye Dillinger

This match came up from these two having a brief team-up in the Tag Team Classic that ended, well, about how you'd expect. Roode's been getting a lot of face heat in his matches due to his massively-over gimmick, but Tye's certainly going to give him a hell of a lot better run for his money than Cien did.

---

NXT TakeOver Toronto starts at 8pm eastern/5pm Pacific, with a pre-show a half-hour earlier at 7:30e/4:30p. If you're not a Network subscriber, it should be available on Hulu tomorrow at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

tag title match gonna be the match of the weekend again

the rest of the card is also happening I guess

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Good op. You dotted it with your take on TM61 vs AoP

Should be a fun show although most of the matches seem very predictable. I hope asuka wins in 12 seconds

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Do they usually do a taping after takeovers as well just curious how long post Takeover I need to hang around for.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Its been a fair while since I've wanted to see a heel get his comeuppance as much as I want it for Roode. His betrayal of Dillinger to Sanity was a fantastic moment, and the followup has been stellar. If Dillinger goes over, I really believe he can be pushed to Main Event status off the momentum. The tag title bout will probably be great, the main event will probably be great, but Roode vs Dillinger is what I'm tuning in to see.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Le Saboteur posted:

Do they usually do a taping after takeovers as well just curious how long post Takeover I need to hang around for.

They tape dark matches before the show that are used on TV next week. The next Full Sail tapings usually happen sometime after that episode.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

make sure you get there when the ticket says the show is for pre-show dark matches, they usually tape two. nothing will be after the main event of TakeOver itself though

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

There's that after-party at Real Sports with Miz, Sami and Christian for $100 and - Hahaha no

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I hope DIY wins!!!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I hope DIY and Tye Dillinger win their matches. Not much other investment in any of the other matches.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i want to see asuka hit mickie james's butt with her own butt

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Torch passed https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/800072716623683585

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Nakamura vs Joe is going to rule. I don't care if they've done it before those two are great.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The_Rob posted:

Nakamura vs Joe is going to rule. I don't care if they've done it before those two are great.
It will rule if they go out and try to kill each other since that is what the build has been, hopefully it isn't like Brooklyn II where they spend most of the time grappling slowly.

Honestly except for his promos I'm tired of Joe in NXT, the product has suffered a lot since he's been the main contender for a year now.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

seeing that they (apparently) haven't booked a last-minute 6th match, I suspect the Asuka/Mickie James match is going to be weirdly long, or they're going to add someone's debuting segment to this show

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

It will rule if they go out and try to kill each other since that is what the build has been, hopefully it isn't like Brooklyn II where they spend most of the time grappling slowly.

Honestly except for his promos I'm tired of Joe in NXT, the product has suffered a lot since he's been the main contender for a year now.

It's not joes fault. His work is a constant high mark. NXT has been in a holding pattern for a while now. Also their takeover 2 match was awesome.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Wasn't Almas/Alexander supposed to be a thing? Would've loved to see that tonight. Maybe at the next Takeover, then.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
i hope victoria drives out on a motorcycle and hits asuka in the head with her helmet

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

abraham linksys posted:

seeing that they (apparently) haven't booked a last-minute 6th match, I suspect the Asuka/Mickie James match is going to be weirdly long, or they're going to add someone's debuting segment to this show

Takeovers aren't three hour shows, generally.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I am excited for TakeOver: Toronto because no matter how good or bad the NXT weekly product is, TakeOvers almost always deliver;

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Venomous posted:

Wasn't Almas/Alexander supposed to be a thing? Would've loved to see that tonight. Maybe at the next Takeover, then.

They blew that off on last week's TV. Pretty good match, but I agree it should've been saved for a Takeover.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Takeovers aren't three hour shows, generally.

Sure, but I feel like even at two hours they're leaving some time open. But I did forget to account for the 2-out-of-3 so maybe it's not an issue

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
I look forward to everyone posting about how much better this card was than Survivor Series for the next week.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

It'd be cool if the Dusty match somehow did for TM61 and Authors of Pain what it did for AA/Revival last year and totally make both of them

It won't

But it'd be cool

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Food Court Druid posted:

I look forward to everyone posting about how much better this card was than Survivor Series for the next week.

That would honestly surprise me if it turns out to be the case

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
So many "ten" chants.
https://twitter.com/700ftceiling/status/800120033212911616

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I actually think Roode vs Tye is going to be really fun. I feel like their styles will mesh well together.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm very excited for MOTY(C) Revival x DIY 2/3 falls. I'm excited enough for Nakamura/Joe Dos. I'm intrigued by the murder of Mickie James. It's gonna be a cool Takeover.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/TomBlargh/status/800129207938510849
Scalpers really over estimated the demand of those tickets

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

they probably did (that's what's hosed up NXT's last few NY shows) but there's still 10 minutes before bell time, right? it'll fill in, if nothing else from scalpers dumping their tickets (the house show I was at Wednesday rapidly filled up after the first two matches from people buying dirt-cheap dumped tickets on stubhub)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The ten chants are there to signify how many people are in each section tonight.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

abraham linksys posted:

So, with that in mind, here's former WWE wrestler Mickie James! I know nothing about her. Is she good? Someone tell me.

She WAS a pretty decent worker, haven't seen her in a while so I'm not sure how she is now. However, if you've watched Wrestlemania 22, you'll know she's also a sex offender, which makes her terrible :colbert:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

quote:

Paul Ellering is going to be suspended in a loving cage above the ring. In storyline, Regal got this idea from a new WWE toy set.

Wait I can't tell if this is a joke or not

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

Charley doing pretty good at the preshow desk

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

keevo posted:

It's a pretty cool toy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

keevo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDy6MAXNP1s
Here you go

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
:lol: that's amazing

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Who are we getting sitting ringside in a suit? Most likely just Tommy End but there could be a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

This has been probably the dullest build to a Takeover but I still fully expect the show to be fantastic.

• Locked thread