Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Ok, look, this card is obviously a transitional one. Many of NXT's most promising new stars - Andrade, Sanity, Tommy End, Crazy Mary Dobson, Big Damo, etc. - are missing from this card, either having not yet debuted or not having had time to set up a big angle. Meanwhile, many wrestlers who had once been hoped to be NXT-bound have gone to the cruiserweight division instead, leaving it unclear where one roster starts and one begins. You might catch Gran Metalik or Cedric Alexander at a house show, but not on this card.

With that in mind, there's still plenty to be excited about tonight. Nakamura and Joe have their second match in NXT, and if the first one was any indication, it should be awesome. Booby Roode and Tye Dillinger are going to have a catchphrase battle for the ages. DIY and the Revival have a 2-out-of-3 falls rematch that is almost certainly going to be match of the night. Paul Ellering is going to be suspended in a cage above the ring. This will be a fun one.

NXT Championship Match
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Samoa Joe

After Shinsuke broke Joe's jaw in Brooklyn, Joe retaliated by demolishing the new champion and left him in an ambulance. Unfortunately for Joe, this beating left Nakamura in the hospital for weeks, causing Joe to have to wait even longer for his rematch. After running through half the roster (and ruining the long-awaited Blake vs Murphy blow-off), Joe finally got Regal's attention - and got knee'd in the face by a returning Nakamura for his efforts. Now, the two finally get to have their match.

NXT Women's Championship Match
Asuka (c) vs. Mickie James

Okay look, there's no way to sugar coat this: no woman in NXT is ready for Asuka. Ember Moon is the only person who comes close, but she's still just getting started, and even with impressive house show title shots, isn't ready for this match.

So, with that in mind, here's former WWE wrestler Mickie James! I know nothing about her. Is she good? Someone tell me.

NXT Tag-Team Championship Match (2-out-of-3 falls)
The Revival (Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson) (c) vs. DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa)

SAY YEAH! gently caress The Revival. gently caress them. I've never been so mad at a wrestler as I was at them at the end of their Brooklyn match. I hope DIY kicks their loving asses. That's all you need to know.

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals
The Authors of Pain (Akam and Rezar) vs. TM-61 (Nick Miller and Shane Thorne)

Listen, I know, you don't care about this match. TM-61 are talented but dull, and The Authors of Pain have done nothing but big dude beat-downs since their debut. The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic this year didn't hold up to last year's, especially due to disappointing injuries and last-minute replacements. None of that matters.

Paul Ellering is going to be suspended in a loving cage above the ring. In storyline, Regal got this idea from a new WWE toy set.

This will be fun, dammit.

Bobby Roode vs. Tye Dillinger

This match came up from these two having a brief team-up in the Tag Team Classic that ended, well, about how you'd expect. Roode's been getting a lot of face heat in his matches due to his massively-over gimmick, but Tye's certainly going to give him a hell of a lot better run for his money than Cien did.

---

NXT TakeOver Toronto starts at 8pm eastern/5pm Pacific, with a pre-show a half-hour earlier at 7:30e/4:30p. If you're not a Network subscriber, it should be available on Hulu tomorrow at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

Do they usually do a taping after takeovers as well just curious how long post Takeover I need to hang around for.

make sure you get there when the ticket says the show is for pre-show dark matches, they usually tape two. nothing will be after the main event of TakeOver itself though

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

seeing that they (apparently) haven't booked a last-minute 6th match, I suspect the Asuka/Mickie James match is going to be weirdly long, or they're going to add someone's debuting segment to this show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Takeovers aren't three hour shows, generally.

Sure, but I feel like even at two hours they're leaving some time open. But I did forget to account for the 2-out-of-3 so maybe it's not an issue

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

they probably did (that's what's hosed up NXT's last few NY shows) but there's still 10 minutes before bell time, right? it'll fill in, if nothing else from scalpers dumping their tickets (the house show I was at Wednesday rapidly filled up after the first two matches from people buying dirt-cheap dumped tickets on stubhub)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this package is loving incredible

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

welp

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

push tye dillinger to the moon

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this match owns and is hot as hell

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

various Wrestling Thought Leaders on twitter being all meh about this match and I'm glad I apparently haven't watched enough wrestling to hate good matches

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

SHARK CAGE SHARK CAGE SHARK CAGE

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

shark cage shark cage shark cage SHARK CAGE SHARK CAGE SHARK CAGE

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

tonight the role of sasha banks will be played by shane thorne

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

the dusty rhodes tag team classic dies as it lived, with a ridiculous gently caress-up

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

FINALLY ONE ONE

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

oh my god

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

does anyone have a gif of the ending yet

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this match isn't canon right

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

remember that time I was like "the Asuka match is gonna be 20 seconds so I think they might come in under time without another segment"

welp

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

asuka's been a heel yall

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I see Nakamura has brought his formal vest

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

wrestling is good

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Dias posted:

HAHAHAHA DRAKE hosed THE 10 COUNT

a) that ain't drake b) i don't think he did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i'd reopen the nxt thread and update the OP but triple h still hasn't taken a loving photo with samoa joe yet :argh:

here's some good aftermath content

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/800186012597153792

very good Tye promo: https://www.facebook.com/WWENXT/videos/1158216970894532/
Ellering + AOP: https://www.facebook.com/WWENXT/videos/1158233144226248/

• Locked thread