Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Dana Crysalis posted:

Also, another reminder to please get your Setzers geared up (Give him a Spirit Slayer materia) and set as your friend units for us poor unfortunates who have none of our own. JP players said the Mog King raid is 100% awful and the only easy way to clear ELT constantly was Setzer cheese, chaining into dice throws.

A heads up apparently Rikku has a 20kish static damage attack so that could be helpful as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Ok, I want to understand the hub-bub of 6* Warrior of Light. Everyone has been gushing about him for months to get 6*, and I legitimately don't know what makes him great. I get he has Full Break.

Does he replace current tanks I have like Cecil or Snow? Or is his utility something completely different?

What will he potentially "break" for me in the future?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We've been speculating on discord on what's in this and how much it costs. Somebody posted that the portal app announced a new bundle with 10k Lapis is coming soon. Historically when they call something the "adamantite" chest of whaling, it means $50 or more. In the normal Lapis store, $50 gets you 8500 Lapis.

Soooo,

I think a good guess is that this thing will come out at $50 for 10k Lapis plus all the items in the picture. Depending on the ticket count (3?) I may pay $60 for it. Not sure about $70 or more. If you're new to the game, wait for us to vet the bundle tomorrow before purchasing, Gumi has been known to make something look appealing when its actually a waste of money.

Edit: It was pointed out to me that the materia pictured above is probably auto-refresh.
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Auto-Refresh

Kinda fits in with the "renewal" theme of the bundle.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 28, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

Ok, I want to understand the hub-bub of 6* Warrior of Light. Everyone has been gushing about him for months to get 6*, and I legitimately don't know what makes him great. I get he has Full Break.

Does he replace current tanks I have like Cecil or Snow? Or is his utility something completely different?

He gets an AOE atk/mag break and a def/spr break, both 45%. He has a 1 turn 100% chance to be targeted move that can be enhanced to 3 rounds. He also has a move that gives him a 75% chance to cover with big damage reduction (I think that might be post enhancement though). I want to say there's maybe a self heal when he guards and a reactive self HP/mp heal.

Edit: nm link appears to be broken.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 28, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

For me it's all about the 100% provoke on a unit that naitvely has good defense, HP, SPR, and can wear heavy armor and use heavy shields. In this regard he completely replaces Snow. His provoke gets enhanced later to have a durations of 2 then 3 turns so while I hate that it's just 1 turn now, it's still great.

Full break is nice but when I need a break I've tended to want it to be the best possible break not just 30% so I'm less excited about that.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Those explanations work.

I don't keep up with the JP side and I don't venture into other communities for this game.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Is Reberta in the normal rare pull pool currently?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Is Reberta in the normal rare pull pool currently?

Yeah, she wasn't a banner exclusive character when she came out and is just another normal 5* base pull now.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Dana Crysalis posted:

Also, another reminder to please get your Setzers geared up (Give him a Spirit Slayer materia) and set as your friend units for us poor unfortunates who have none of our own. JP players said the Mog King raid is 100% awful and the only easy way to clear ELT constantly was Setzer cheese, chaining into dice throws.

I'll just craft some with my 3 Elemental Tears... ugh.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
WoL 6* has four main things:

* He has 100% Provoke for 1 turn.
* He counters magic with a self 25% HP/MP restore. Ie- He laughs at Dark Siren's Osmose. If he counters 4 times in a single round, boom, full hp/mp.
* -45% Breaks on a Tank. Don't need to bring a dedicated breaker or waste turns on your DPS.
* He has an AOE Cover, our first, and otherwise rare even in JP.

Edit: Oh hey, actual confirmation via a facebook post:

quote:

Greetings FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS fans,

We would like to make a clarification on our 10+1 Summon Ticket and 10+1 guaranteed 5-star unit news. Please be informed that Tidus, Rikku and Wakka will be included on the summon pool for the two summon promos mentioned above. However, regular rates apply to the summon pools for these promos. We apologize for the confusion this has caused.

We are packed with exciting events and giveaways on our first anniversary celebration! Login to the game to check the news and be updated!

AegisP fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 28, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!
Ran maxwell for the king burst pot last night. Got her low, chained ice blitz and odin. Had 15 hits in the combo, no esper kill credit. :thumbsup:

PaybackJack posted:

For me it's all about the 100% provoke on a unit that naitvely has good defense, HP, SPR, and can wear heavy armor and use heavy shields.

Give him a good robe and the staff from the easter event as well as some y'shtola TMs and you can jack up his def/spr a ton, too.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Now I just need a WoL. :(

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I'll be able to cash in crimson ore for a week or two after grand gaia is gone right?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Yeah I asked that earlier. He's up for 1 week after the event ends

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Welp. Looks like I've got to push my WOL to 6* to replace Cecil, and push my Rem to 6* to replace Y'shtola. 6*ing never ends, does it?

Also: Sad I didn't get Rem's daggers. But then, it's hard to resist the call of Tickets, and I never thought I'd get Rem...

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Threw one last ticket at the BF frontier, got Maria. That's about 40 pulls including dailies on that banner without even getting an on banner character. Meanwhile once the summer banner started I got swimsuit Fina on my third daily pull :rip:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hagie posted:

First, his attack/mag break are "good enough" to do high end content with (normal fullbreak just isnt enough anymore), so you dont burn a slot just for a breaker if you dont happen to have someone like Orlandu in your party. Second, he is a provoke tank thats beefy, not as beefy as Wilhelm but again, beefy enough to deal with content. Third, AOE physical cover, which allows him to soak the entire damage your party would otherwise take.

He was already the top tank before enhancements, but enhancements just made stronger. His provoke lasts three turns allowing him to concentrate on guarding and breaking if he needs to. His survivability got big upgrades to do Hope increasing all his defenses and resistances immensely at lower health and his cover is almost guaranteed to trigger and soaking the rest of the physical damage given how its usually several smaller hits instead of a larger one. (once triggered he'll soak the rest of the damage)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

BDawg posted:

I'll just craft some with my 3 Elemental Tears... ugh.

Hey, thats better than my 0 Elemental Tears!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

First, his attack/mag break are "good enough" to do high end content with (normal fullbreak just isnt enough anymore), so you dont burn a slot just for a breaker if you dont happen to have someone like Orlandu in your party. Second, he is a provoke tank thats beefy, not as beefy as Wilhelm but again, beefy enough to deal with content. Third, AOE physical cover, which allows him to soak the entire damage your party would otherwise take.

He was already the top tank before enhancements, but enhancements just made stronger. His provoke lasts three turns allowing him to concentrate on guarding and breaking if he needs to. His survivability got big upgrades to do Hope increasing all his defenses and resistances immensely at lower health and his cover is almost guaranteed to trigger and soaking the rest of the physical damage given how its usually several smaller hits instead of a larger one. (once triggered he'll soak the rest of the damage)

i think wilhelm is still a better overall tank than unenhanced wol in global, although as 4* base wol is more readily accesible

but again both have strengths in different fights (st vs aoe)

wonder when the eventual enhancements for both of them will be coming out

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I can't wait to craft a Razzmatazz to put on Lasswell for arena.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
So on the 29th we get a free 10+ summon ticket and on the 28th login in July we get another 10+1 summon ticket? :discourse:

Kheldarn posted:

Welp. Looks like I've got to push my WOL to 6* to replace Cecil, and push my Rem to 6* to replace Y'shtola. 6*ing never ends, does it?

Also: Sad I didn't get Rem's daggers. But then, it's hard to resist the call of Tickets, and I never thought I'd get Rem...

Rem's daggers are usable by anyone too and their stats aren't half bad.

Guessing you didn't get Rem's "let me set your entire team to 0 mp" materia for arena use either? (I didn't, so I'll probably end up pulling her too)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Looking at the 5* units available to pull tomorrow, looks like there are about 11 out of 23 that are generally considered great pulls:

Orlandeu
Wilhelm
Noctis
Olive
Ramza
Marie(?)
Fryevia
Aileen
Reberta
Fohlen
Tidus

I put Marie as a ? because it seems to me that there have been other units that can do her role about as well as she does in most situations.

In the "meh" category where it is an OK unit but isn't really something to celebrate. Typically casters or units that are only wanted for their TMs:
Trance Terra
Rem
Gilgamesh
DK Cecil
Emperor

In the "Why does Gumi hate me" category, units that have either been completely made obsolete by power creep or were just never good to begin with:
Delita
Lightning
Luneth
Dark Fina
Ace
Queen
Seabreeze Dark Fina

That look about right to more experienced people?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I mashed together the FFBE Wiki's Expedition list against the success bonus table to create a big ol' sortable, filterable Expedition spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DmHUF3nqERWktaU6F0RJXUB3hYjjJG0HIVNy1BazqqM/edit?usp=sharing

Good for planning (tag each Expedition you want to plan for as "Worth?" = Y and filter accordingly). Some of those A and S rank missions are definitely never worth doing (unless you have no other options I guess).

edit: WoW Garrison flashbacks.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 28, 2017

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

Dark fina also has a great tm for mages, so does luneth who also gets some amazing enhancements in the future.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Dark Fina is also a fantastic Arena unit. Gilgamesh has one of the best Dual-Wield TMRs, if not the best. Queen's TMR is also nice but yea she sucks.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I guess even if I have Wilhelm, there will be enough situations where WoL shines in for me to want to awaken him?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

My preferred pull would be another Eileen, followed by an Orlandue and maybe an Olive. Noctis, without his JP modifiers, would be pretty low on my desired lists, def not lightning/queen/delita tier but not even above Marie or Gilgamesh. Just very hard to find a fit on him on a team if he cant act as finisher.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I guess even if I have Wilhelm, there will be enough situations where WoL shines in for me to want to awaken him?

Most definitely. You ARE going to need AoE tanks for later content and he's the best physical AoE tank in the game. In cases where you need magic aoe tanking you are going to need Mistair. If you happen to have a boss that just hits like a truck with single target physical attacks then Wilhelm is going to shine.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 28, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Absolutely. His AoE cover is crazy good and will only get better. AFAIK, it's our only source of AoE cover vs. magic until Mistair.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
So for anyone who wasn't quite sure what makes Rikku bonkers, here's a short version:

LB at 6*, level 1 (16 cost):
Increase DEF/SPR (50%) to all allies
Auto-revive (80% HP) for 3 turns to all allies

TMR, Rikku's Pouch:
Enables use of Chaos Grenade, Panacea, Eccentrick
Panacea - Cure all status ailments to all allies (this includes petrify but not stop, iirc) for MP: 25
Eccentrick - Increase LB gauge fill rate (200%) for 5 turns to all allies for MP: 21

Active skills:
Synthesis Enables the following abilities for 3 turns:
Sunburst, Hazardous Shell, and Hyper NulAll
- Hyper NulAll: Increase all elemental resistances (40%) for 3 turns to all allies, damage reduction (30%) for 3 turns to all allies

Passive:
Drive Boost Increase LB gauge fill rate (100%)

Malcania Woods fist weapon:
Override Fist ATK+50
Effect: Double Overdrive (+100 LB fill rate)

So just with the event weapon you'll have her starting with a +200% LB fill rate for her LB that boosts DEF/SPR by 50-74% and gives everyone an auto-revive to 80% hp. Toss in Eccentrick from her TMR and she's now at 400% LB fill rate (so only 4 BC needed to fill her gauge). Hyper NulAll is great despite the turn you have to spend on setup for it but Eccentrick + constant LB uptime is the real winner because you're now not just tanky but also able to revive in the cases where you aren't tanky enough. You also have a full hp aoe revive via Mega Phoenix if necessary (though if you have Tilith as your healer she has one too).

I don't think Wilhelm, even with enhancements, will have the magic/aoe tanking that WoL gets.

e: my hopes for a 5* pull is Ramza, or maybe a 2nd Orlandu. Otherwise either Noctis, a 2nd Fryevia/Olive, or Wilhelm would be cool. I'm going to get Delita #2 or Queen #3 though.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cao Ni Ma posted:

My preferred pull would be another Eileen, followed by an Orlandue and maybe an Olive. Noctis, without his JP modifiers, would be pretty low on my desired lists, def not lightning/queen/delita tier but not even above Marie or Gilgamesh. Just very hard to find a fit on him on a team if he cant act as finisher.

Yeah, if I get anything good out of the 5*(which I do not expect to) they will probably be forcing Noctis out of my party except for Arena. They really need to un-nerf him.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Noctis in my main party lately has been functioning almost entirely for his Cover MP restore. Sometimes also covering Breaks.

In other words, he's the Waiting for Ramza Enhancements spot.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

AegisP posted:

Noctis in my main party lately has been functioning almost entirely for his Cover MP restore. Sometimes also covering Breaks.

In other words, he's the Waiting for Ramza Enhancements spot.

He'll be squeezed out even as early as tomorrow IMO. Tilith covers your MP, WoL covers your Breaks, and Rikku covers your Raise/Re-raise. The only thing missing out of the Holy Trinity is 100% provoke (which WoL will eventually get).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

Looking at the 5* units available to pull tomorrow, looks like there are about 11 out of 23 that are generally considered great pulls:

Orlandeu
Wilhelm
Noctis
Olive
Ramza
Marie(?)
Fryevia
Aileen
Reberta
Fohlen
Tidus

I put Marie as a ? because it seems to me that there have been other units that can do her role about as well as she does in most situations.

In the "meh" category where it is an OK unit but isn't really something to celebrate. Typically casters or units that are only wanted for their TMs:
Trance Terra
Rem
Gilgamesh
DK Cecil
Emperor

In the "Why does Gumi hate me" category, units that have either been completely made obsolete by power creep or were just never good to begin with:
Delita
Lightning
Luneth
Dark Fina
Ace
Queen
Seabreeze Dark Fina

Marie is better than Minfilla in that she has better base stats. She also has dualcast built in which can be paired with Cura for backup healing. She has "turbo" imperil and can buff all elements by 50%. Her only weakness is not being able to buff Light or Dark to 70% like Minfillia can.

Oh yes, her Rainbow Robe TM is pretty much BIS for all robe users.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

He'll be squeezed out even as early as tomorrow IMO. Tilith covers your MP, WoL covers your Breaks, and Rikku covers your Raise/Re-raise. The only thing missing out of the Holy Trinity is 100% provoke (which WoL will eventually get).

Eh, I like the MP over time than having to dedicate Tilith to always doing it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Rem's daggers are usable by anyone too and their stats aren't half bad.

Guessing you didn't get Rem's "let me set your entire team to 0 mp" materia for arena use either? (I didn't, so I'll probably end up pulling her too)

Nope. I sure didn't.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

WoLs provoke is 100%, its just 1 turn.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'd be literally made of salt if I draw an Emperor anytime soon, even though i acknowledge his TM is good.

I got my 100 win streak in arena, finally, and decided to tackle actual good players for a change. Emperor got his lunch money stolen by a magic-based Chizuru with Ring of Lucil :lol:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Reminder to everyone not to whale for Tidus and instead wait for Dark Veritas. [/sarcasm]

Khisanth Magus posted:

Gilgamesh should be on the great pulls list. His TM is not going to be beat since the whale unit didn't come out and he's on the short list for enhancements which will give him a damage increase and very good chaining ability.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 28, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

WoLs provoke is 100%, its just 1 turn.

Oh right. Totally forgot about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Oh, cool. WoL 6* finally.
Oh, what's that Wilhelm? That equip fists materia I just got looks real cool? you're right it does! Aaaand now Wilhelm is a monster.

• Locked thread