Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Winged Orpheus posted:

How important is rerolling? I just started so I won't really be losing anything but it kinda looks like a pain in the dick to actually do

Serenity now; insanity later.

By rerolling you can essentially choose to start the game with any character you want that's currently in the pool. Namely one of the best, most future proofed characters, that's going to make life really easy and allow you to take on the hardest content with significantly less challenge, or even at all. Some people straight up can't do certain content because they don't have good enough characters.

Of course you don't have to, but you're missing a huge opportunity by not doing it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You will eventually become quite powerful regardless of refilling. You may give up before this point if you don't reroll for at least one 5-star unit to make the journey there easier, though.

Stick that in the new OP, TC.

I'm writing a new OP for the anniversary and the new player section is a giant wall of text telling you to reroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
So if I reroll with nox and get a good start, how do I transfer that to my phone?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

once you get an account worth keeping you attach it to a facebook account and thats how you move your account to your phone or whatever other device

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Winged Orpheus posted:

So if I reroll with nox and get a good start, how do I transfer that to my phone?

If you already linked your current game to your Facebook account then you'll need to make a fake Facebook account and link it to that. From then on you'll login by using that FB account.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I haven't linked my Facebook to anything yet. So should I link my current game to a fake Facebook then log out to delete it, then link the one I roll on Nox to my real Facebook?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

Serenity now; insanity later.

By rerolling you can essentially choose to start the game with any character you want that's currently in the pool. Namely one of the best, most future proofed characters, that's going to make life really easy and allow you to take on the hardest content with significantly less challenge, or even at all. Some people straight up can't do certain content because they don't have good enough characters.

Of course you don't have to, but you're missing a huge opportunity by not doing it.

I'm writing a new OP for the anniversary and the new player section is a giant wall of text telling you to reroll.

Well slap that in there as a TL;DR. They're gonna have a better time if they reroll.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

rabidsquid posted:

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius: EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM 250 LAPIS INTO THE SLOT. ITS BEDILE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, BEDILE

Voting for this for next thread title

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Only 90%.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Explorations are pretty cool if overly basic. They don't seem really keen on letting you get 100%. 300 relics isn't really a big deal, just a matter of how many time since expeditions take like three hours. When are we getting our free rolls and 5* though? That's what I'm interested in.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Units won't get you to 100% but whatever the depart extra expenditure is does. Sometimes it's ethers, x-crysts, tents, and brilliant rays (but gently caress spending brilliant rays on that).

I don't know why the bonus expenditure comes up after you hit depart and not before when you can view your units but :thatsgumi:!

Nuebot posted:

Explorations are pretty cool if overly basic. They don't seem really keen on letting you get 100%. 300 relics isn't really a big deal, just a matter of how many time since expeditions take like three hours. When are we getting our free rolls and 5* though? That's what I'm interested in.

The 10+1 w/ guaranteed 5* is the 29th, one week from today. idr when the free 10+1 is but it'd probably be around then too.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Winged Orpheus posted:

I haven't linked my Facebook to anything yet. So should I link my current game to a fake Facebook then log out to delete it, then link the one I roll on Nox to my real Facebook?

Follow the guide here. but the basic idea is that you make a fake FB account so that you can just log in/out, which will reset the data, without having to flash the emulator/your phone.

edit: You can find some tutorials on youtube as well. Search "Reroll FFBE"

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 23, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Scrublord Prime posted:

Units won't get you to 100% but whatever the depart extra expenditure is does. Sometimes it's ethers, x-crysts, tents, and brilliant rays (but gently caress spending brilliant rays on that).

I don't know why the bonus expenditure comes up after you hit depart and not before when you can view your units but :thatsgumi:!

The 10+1 w/ guaranteed 5* is the 29th, one week from today. idr when the free 10+1 is but it'd probably be around then too.

ive gotten potions as the material for the expedition something like three separate times. yeah thats fine

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you're on Android, and using a launcher that lets you change app icons (like Nova Launcher), and want the original FFBE icon back, here ya go.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Marie is all set for the turbo Maxwell fight tomorrow. I fixed my lovely Carbuncle esper so it now has cura and therefore Marie can roll with a staff of wrath instead of a healing staff.

Hit "Love you all" and send her Light resistance up to 200%, lol.

Cleared some space so send me an invite if you lurk the thread.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
If you haven't collected some of the craft rewards it's now super duper easy. Just set your friend rewards to Water Crysts for a week and make a thousand potions off all the Life orbs you get from the Earth Shrine. Easy Lapis.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I can't do the story character equip missions because I literally have not leveled up my story characters at all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Marie is all set for the turbo Maxwell fight tomorrow. I fixed my lovely Carbuncle esper so it now has cura and therefore Marie can roll with a staff of wrath instead of a healing staff.

Hit "Love you all" and send her Light resistance up to 200%, lol.

Cleared some space so send me an invite if you lurk the thread.

I can do something almost as good with my Marie if this something people would like. I don't have Celestial Gloves or Rainbor Robe, though.

Nuebot posted:

I can't do the story character equip missions because I literally have not leveled up my story characters at all.

You know, one of the benefits to not rerolling back at launch is that I got in the habit of leveling up my story units, out of necessity at first, then as a mini-Cactaur sink.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Nuebot posted:

Same boat. But those aren't going to go away any time soon so the next time I can get my hands on some cactuars (assuming I get nothing good from the FFX banner/free 11 pull/5* 11 pull) I'm just going to power a couple of them up to plow through it. My Rain is already 6* and I just need to work on the rest. I might try 3-manning it as I still haven't gotten past the ship graveyard.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You know, one of the benefits to not rerolling back at launch is that I got in the habit of leveling up my story units, out of necessity at first, then as a mini-Cactaur sink.

I didn't re-roll, I just got lucky and rolled a dark cecil early and he became my cactaur sink.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Wait how are we getting that free 10+1

is it as one of those ticket things?

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

So throughout this banner and the last, I've pulled 6 Camille's from my 1/2 daily pulls. Is there any reason to have more than 2 of her TM? Especially since I have 3 Abel's as well?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Wait how are we getting that free 10+1

is it as one of those ticket things?

the update apparently included a new 10+1 banner with its own 10+1 tickets so i guess they're gonna use it to showcase that off.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

fullTimeLurker posted:

So throughout this banner and the last, I've pulled 6 Camille's from my 1/2 daily pulls. Is there any reason to have more than 2 of her TM? Especially since I have 3 Abel's as well?

her tm is really low priority compared to abel or any other source of dw because it's too restrictive

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Got some open slots for goonbros 174,957,037

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Is it only just Rain, Fina , and lASSwell for their equipment missions this time around?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shoenin posted:

Is it only just Rain, Fina , and lASSwell for their equipment missions this time around?

Yeah.

In other news, I hear that the King Mog raid is not feasible without a Setzer and fixed damage, so if people could put him up as a friend unit once that comes around, I would appreciate it.

e: vvv He does not.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 23, 2017

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I don't imagine Xon does enough fixed damage, does he?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

fullTimeLurker posted:

Well you can grind out 2 copies of her TM and use then together which is nice. I personally just grinding 1 copy and also have 3 Abel that I don't look forward to grinding individually.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in a desperate bid to maybe finally hopefully get tilith, i spend more tickets. blue->gold->RAINBOW

ramzad again

edit: let it also be known that during those eight pulls i got yet another chizuru, i think thats my eighth or so, bedile and clyne. i am like 99% sure i'd rather have had tillith than that ramza

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 23, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

in a desperate bid to maybe finally hopefully get tilith, i spend more tickets. blue->gold->RAINBOW

ramzad again

edit: let it also be known that during those eight pulls i got yet another chizuru, i think thats my eighth or so, bedile and clyne. i am like 99% sure i'd rather have had tillith than that ramza

Yeah, I feel your pain, you definitely didn't need another Ramza, I felt the same way when I pulled Ramza on the Orlandu banner.

Heck, I pulled Trance Terra chasing Tilith with tickets, and I would have happily traded just to save all the lapis I ended up spending to finally get her. (That said, T.Terra is actually pretty nice and if I had to pull any super mage, I'm kinda glad it was her)

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

rabidsquid posted:

ramzad again

On the plus side, Brave Suit is the best chest armor in the game.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
:siren: HALF NRG IS NOW IN EFFECT :siren:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

What's the best way to get Esper orbs in the Maxwell fight? Of course this would be the fight where it's almost impossible to see them drop. I think I've seen one and I've fought her four times already.

EDIT: After 7 tries I finally get her. The fight's not hard but having to stall to get enough esper orbs makes it harder than it actually is because Rune can ruin your day.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jun 23, 2017

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

christ i wish Gumi would write Jake out of the story. what a garbage character.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Armitage posted:

What's the best way to get Esper orbs in the Maxwell fight? Of course this would be the fight where it's almost impossible to see them drop. I think I've seen one and I've fought her four times already.

EDIT: After 7 tries I finally get her. The fight's not hard but having to stall to get enough esper orbs makes it harder than it actually is because Rune can ruin your day.

Dual wield barrage Chizuru/CoD are solid options for this.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You know how early on Rain was hitting on everything up to and including Shiva? But now he's a lot more "hotblooded noble hero man that loves his enemies" with some barely there tension with the two Finas.

It seems that earlier side of the character was written into its own thing as Jake except there's nothing else to counterbalance it anymore so it's just a guy going "Women eh eh?" 24/7 while everyone threatens to kill him.
Whatever semblance of character the Zoldaad story and event added to him are easily ignored thanks to this obnoxiousness.
At least we got drop kicking Lid out of it.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dark summer fina banner came out, and tickets for titan raid. decided to give one last hurrah to tilith banner.

Well, I got a Dark Fina. (i don't think I'm going to be allowed to whine about my draws on discord anymore at this rate)

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

So this happens when I go to buy things from King Mog

That's not good.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Is the first Maxwell battle pretty easy now that it's nearly a year removed?

I am thinking of running this for the 1st version:
Marie
Cecil
WoL
Fryevia
Y'sh

WoL and Fryevia are replaceable. WoL over Rain because he tends to get suicidal with covering. Could do CoD instead of Fryevia... Probably going to see if a friend Orlandu is hanging out somewhere.

Wouldn't mind a free bonus unit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

hagie posted:

Is the first Maxwell battle pretty easy now that it's nearly a year removed?

I am thinking of running this for the 1st version:
Marie
Cecil
WoL
Fryevia
Y'sh

WoL and Fryevia are replaceable. WoL over Rain because he tends to get suicidal with covering. Could do CoD instead of Fryevia... Probably going to see if a friend Orlandu is hanging out somewhere.

Wouldn't mind a free bonus unit...

Friendlandu is a terrible idea because of holy immunity. Fryevia is not replaceable in your lineup

• Locked thread