Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
*counts*

~1,340 Megacite. That raid a while back really was something special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Only thing better than a triple metal god spawn is getting a second triple metal god spawn on the run right after it. 50 NRG for 37k crimson ore is nice. Just doing my 3 runs per day I'll probably be able to buy a purecryst before the event ends, or a lot of T6 evo mats but I'm already at 100+ of each. :shrug:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Man having to have that chuckefuck Jake go over bestgirl Lid

BOOOOOO

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CyberLord XP posted:

Easter raid gave out 1000+. It was nuts.

For expeditions are the ranks completely random? I've done 10+ now and seen nothing over rank B.

I just got an A. It's kind of poo poo though because the requirements are so high that the only one of my units that gets more than 10% on it is Trance Terra, and even then it's only 12%. The rest of them range from 9%-5% and I'm not giving up my main party for a day to do a lovely mission that has, at best, a 50% success rate.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I suspect the only thing worse than the rarity of S rank expeditions is that they'll probably have a 50% success rate even when using an item to boost their chances.

It's a new mechanics and will benefit from some refinement but If A/S rank stuff is going to be rare then it needs to be something more 'challenging' than "you can't get better than a 50/50 chance of success when these rare things show up."

At least these expeditions mean that holy/sacred crystals will build up over time for people. I rarely have an expedition out that isn't collecting one, or both, of them

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

I suspect the only thing worse than the rarity of S rank expeditions is that they'll probably have a 50% success rate even when using an item to boost their chances.

It's a new mechanics and will benefit from some refinement but If A/S rank stuff is going to be rare then it needs to be something more 'challenging' than "you can't get better than a 50/50 chance of success when these rare things show up."

At least these expeditions mean that holy/sacred crystals will build up over time for people. I rarely have an expedition out that isn't collecting one, or both, of them

Due to the time and difficulty it's not really worth doing the B, A or S missions unless they have a reward you really, really want. This one had a King HP pot.
Like you're better off just spamming cheapo missions for one or two things a pop guaranteed then hoping you'll get 5 after a day of not being able to use your best dudes.

Anyway, question about MAG. Is it worth feeding my attackers MAG pots? I assume Divine Retribution scales off ATK only, not ATK and MAG?

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
So I've rerolled and on this account my first two summons are Ramza and Tilith? Is this worth keeping? If so, should I spend the other three tickets on a different banner or the same one?

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

S ranks have a max of 70% success rate after item use. If you are going for the 160 relics a week the S ranks give less than the required relics to reach them on average. You basically need about 6 relics per day for each slot so about 0.25 relics per hour. The wiki has relic per day rates for all the available missions. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xAMDmWzvCUrxmAZOL6MxgDfM26O658eVob0KJCIRr00/edit#gid=0 this spreadsheet has them in relics per hour and also shows the averaged rate based on max possible success rates. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6iwa7h/expedition_success_rate_consumables_shopping_list/ this has where to get the bonus items also.

I don't think most people can even get max success rates on A and S ranks. I know I have trouble getting max for A ranks and I have plenty of resources to get units up enough for them. Level, star ranking, equipment, and materia all go into the rate you will get. Better equipment also gives better rates. My main party almost always has max percentage but I'm not going to send them out for 8, 12, or 24 hours.

Edit: Looks like the wiki has the what goes into increasing success rates. They have how the stats are weighted but not how its calculated to be able to figure out what you need for maximum bonus. http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Expedition#Success_Rate_Per_Unit I'm guessing if you have a mission that you are trying to get the max success rate out of you should see what the stats it has weighted and just try to maximize those.

Fiss fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 24, 2017

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Highly sugeest you keep rolling until you get one of the top 4 damage dealers on this list
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 24, 2017

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
So Tilith and one of those? Are those also in the brave frontier banner or do I have to roll a different banner to try and get one?

Edit: rolled the rest and got a 3* Exdeath, who's number 4 for magic damage on that list. Is that good enough or should I shoot for better?

Winged Orpheus fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jun 24, 2017

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Winged Orpheus posted:

So I've rerolled and on this account my first two summons are Ramza and Tilith? Is this worth keeping? If so, should I spend the other three tickets on a different banner or the same one?

I would hold on to this and see what you get from coming anniversary summons. Ramza whenever he gets enhancements will be top tier support for awhile (other than Roy in JP there isn't really any other unit who can compare) and Tilith will be arguably the best healer for awhile also. If you get some good DPS with the anniversary summons next week (29th) then you are good to go. If not its up to you since you can usually use a friend unit to carry you and you will have the support to back them up.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Winged Orpheus posted:

So Tilith and one of those? Are those also in the brave frontier banner or do I have to roll a different banner to try and get one?

Edit: rolled the rest and got a 3* Exdeath, who's number 4 for magic damage on that list. Is that good enough or should I shoot for better?

Unfortunately none of those are on any of the banners that are out now, so it may take quite a few rolls. You can automate that process through macros, check the OP for doing that.

Any damage dealer that isn't Trance Terra isn't worth hanging onto IMO, and compared to the top of that list even she isn't great. It really depends on how long you plan on playing this game, the top damage dealers make life immeasurably easier. But certainly keep the ramza tillith roll, you can go back to it later if need be.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Fiss posted:

I would hold on to this and see what you get from coming anniversary summons. Ramza whenever he gets enhancements will be top tier support for awhile (other than Roy in JP there isn't really any other unit who can compare) and Tilith will be arguably the best healer for awhile also. If you get some good DPS with the anniversary summons next week (29th) then you are good to go. If not its up to you since you can usually use a friend unit to carry you and you will have the support to back them up.

I'd honestly keep that roll, since Tilith is the best healer for awhile and is a limited time availability thing, and Ramza is the best support (when his enhancements come) and his Trust Mastery is the best chest piece for physical damage dealers.

Then just hope you roll a top tier damage dealer eventually.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Winged Orpheus posted:

Aileen, Fryevia, Olive, and Orlandeau.

DPS trumps every other category.

If you can wait until the 29th, presumably new players will be able to take advantage of the free 10-1 ticket and that should make rerolling a lot easier, and you'll be able to add Tidus to the list of units to roll for.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Winged Orpheus posted:

Ramza is a great support. He has two good breaks, a buff and in a pinch you can kit him out to do some middling damage until you get a better unit. Tilith is just straight up the best healer, stack MP boosting gear on her since her skills are flat "fully restore HP" sort of bullshits. Exdeath is a solid magic caster who carried me for a good while until RNG smiled and dropped a bunch of crazy damage units in my lap and will help you for nailing the various elemental/dark magic lapis requirements on stages.

Feel free to add me if you want some help; 041,154,328 I just cleared a bunch of spaces on my friends list and have a 1k+ olive friend unit up.

EDIT:

PaybackJack posted:

and you'll be able to add Tidus to the list of units to roll for.

Wait, what?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

Aileen, Fryevia, Olive, and Orlandeau.

DPS trumps every other category.

If you can wait until the 29th, presumably new players will be able to take advantage of the free 10-1 ticket and that should make rerolling a lot easier, and you'll be able to add Tidus to the list of units to roll for.

Of note, however, you permanently lose the ability to roll Tilith, soooo.

Today, my Noctis is supposedly geared for Echidna. I haven't tested this myself, but supposedly everything is dodgeable except Seduce, which must be jumped. (Every 5 turns) Pray for Holy counters to refresh mana, or if desperate use an item after Soul Siphon. (Keep Cover up)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nuebot posted:

Wait, what?

The long awaited Final Fantasy 10 banner comes out next Friday. Tidus is the rainbow base 5 hard to get pull. He's a great DPS unit, maybe not quit as good as Cid and Aileen, it gets subjective at these high levels. Rikku is the gold base 4 pull and is the real prize of the banner. Her LB has a full party auto-revive for three turns that will instantly bring back to life any killed unit to 80% of their health. It's insane and whole boss strategies are built around abusing that mechanic. Most of us won't stop pulling till we get her.

Wakka is the troll pull, gently caress Wakka.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
446,079,826 if you want to use my 6* wol

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Cry Havoc posted:

446,079,826 if you want to use my 6* wol

Wait....When did he get his 6*?! :psyduck:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Of note, however, you permanently lose the ability to roll Tilith, soooo.

If you plan to roll hard on the Tidus banner unit you got him and Rikku, I'd say 'Sure, take Tilith and Ramza.'

Unfortunately, you'll feel the pinch of not having DPS a lot more than you will not having the best healer or the 1st/2nd best support character.

There are plenty of trials and events that you'll be able to blow right through with a DPS chainer and clone friend unit, and as an Olive user I can tell you that she's carried me through almost the entire story, and numerous ELT events.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Pulled a second Setzer with my daily today, those two along with my fully ability awakened Firion makes me think maybe I can do some trials again. Not as well as if I had a 5* but gotta work with what I have.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"I'll be waiting in the valley ahead" *world map pans from one edge of the screen to the other*
I never liked the icon placement for levels on the map. Sometimes it feels like there's too much dead space.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Someone pointed out that Jake's sprite looks too big, and now I can't unsee it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HGH posted:

"I'll be waiting in the valley ahead" *world map pans from one edge of the screen to the other*
I never liked the icon placement for levels on the map. Sometimes it feels like there's too much dead space.

I love how when they get to Dirnado to find the wind shrine, all they had to do was go north after the Maranda Coast to get there. Instead they go around in circles, the absolute longest way possible.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

The man called M posted:

Wait....When did he get his 6*?! :psyduck:

add me and find out :colbert:

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I'm really starting to feel like they nerfed the Metal God rates since everyone now has access to a 100% bonus unit. I used to see at least 3 groups of 3 a day when emptying out my NRG, now I've gotten a single Metal God appear twice since I got Maxwell yesterday. I just want to see how disgusting a 300% bonus rate looks when 3 appear, dammit. :smith:

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Cry Havoc posted:

add me and find out :colbert:

*goes to add you*
*Sees a Willhelm*

You son of a bitch. :golfclap:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Some thing is definitely different. I definitely used to see a couple every other run. Today I have seen them once in about 3 140nrg runs.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I'm really starting to feel like they nerfed the Metal God rates since everyone now has access to a 100% bonus unit. I used to see at least 3 groups of 3 a day when emptying out my NRG, now I've gotten a single Metal God appear twice since I got Maxwell yesterday. I just want to see how disgusting a 300% bonus rate looks when 3 appear, dammit. :smith:

Ive been saying this for a few days now. On the first two days I had enough currency to buy 3 giancrysts, a bunch of mats and all tickets. Now I'm struggling to get 1 or 2 metal gods fights a day

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I love how we have gotten "metal god odds must have been changed!" By people every other day or so because people who have had uncommonly good luck with them have slightly less luck. I have only seen 2 groups of three ever in this event, a couple days going with not getting any.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

The man called M posted:

*goes to add you*
*Sees a Willhelm*

You son of a bitch. :golfclap:

just wish i had a tilith to full heal all that hp

will likely keep him on most tanking duties for synergy with rikku even when 6* wol arrives

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Winged Orpheus posted:

Ramza will become the #1 godmode support with enhancements and Tilith is arguably the best healer, so while you haven't pulled a top tier damage unit yet, you've pulled top tier healing/support and a ridiculous support.

I'd keep that roll and start building up Lapis for the 10+1 pull in a week with a guaranteed 5* unit (plus the freebie 10+1 we'll get).

If you don't get anything good from those rolls you can consider rerolling at that time, but Ramza+Tilith are two really, really good units.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
To this point I don't think I've passed a single expedition that didn't have at least 90% chance of success, and I've even failed most 90% ones. Beginning to think the numbers may be off on those...

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Winged Orpheus posted:

That's a great roll. There's plenty of strong dps among goons, but good support and healers can be hard to come by. The thing about those 5* dps is that they usually need a ton on TMs to hit the crazy damage. Starting out your best damage option will probably be a dual cast mage like Exdeath or even Sakura. Setzer would probably be your best non caster option.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Khisanth Magus posted:

To this point I don't think I've passed a single expedition that didn't have at least 90% chance of success, and I've even failed most 90% ones. Beginning to think the numbers may be off on those...

I mistakenly wandered into a reddit thread about this looking for the last exploration map and apparently people are failing them at 100%. So either that's a bug or there is a background calculation that might cause you to fail regardless of your percentage.

Also someone posted this, which was too good not to steal. Thread title "what Expeditions were missing".

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

I just want to point out that Ruggles Underground Pass is a great source of light and dark megacrysts, as well as rank xp, especially right now with the half energy thing going on. ~600 rank xp and several megacryst drops for 7 energy and less than a minute per run.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

I mistakenly wandered into a reddit thread about this looking for the last exploration map and apparently people are failing them at 100%. So either that's a bug or there is a background calculation that might cause you to fail regardless of your percentage.

Also someone posted this, which was too good not to steal. Thread title "what Expeditions were missing".

I miss the fft expedition reports.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ramza will become the #1 godmode support with enhancements and Tilith is arguably the best healer, so while you haven't pulled a top tier damage unit yet, you've pulled top tier healing/support and a ridiculous support.

I'd keep that roll and start building up Lapis for the 10+1 pull in a week with a guaranteed 5* unit (plus the freebie 10+1 we'll get).

If you don't get anything good from those rolls you can consider rerolling at that time, but Ramza+Tilith are two really, really good units.

this is just speculation but BASED ON 6* WOL and also when TG Cid came out, i am basically totally convinced Ramza enhancements wont come out until that 4* bard that can do the same thing comes out so his value as a godmode support is WAAAY lower, especially to a new player where he's hard to build and needs a dualcast to really do damage.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

Are you sending units with the bonus stat for the mission equipped? I've never failed a mission yet, even 40% success chance ones, although it's possible I may just have good luck currently.

The bonus stat for the mission does not seem to overtly affect the percentage that a given unit will contribute to total mission success percentage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

this is just speculation but BASED ON 6* WOL and also when TG Cid came out, i am basically totally convinced Ramza enhancements wont come out until that 4* bard that can do the same thing comes out so his value as a godmode support is WAAAY lower, especially to a new player where he's hard to build and needs a dualcast to really do damage.

Based on the wiki, both of the other megabards are 5* as well.

• Locked thread