Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ah, i thought one of them was 4*. in that case the timetable is indeterminable, anyways ramza is a very very long view unit. i guess if somebody didnt want to reroll at all a ramza/tillith start would be fine but i'd probably try to find an actual game changing 5* with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I like how many of the expeditions are just memes and movie jokes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Threw Too-Fiddy at the Half Banner.

I don't own Lid, but I now own Black Cat and Summer Lid. If they make 2 more variations of her, I can field a team of Lids by the time I actually get her.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

To this point I don't think I've passed a single expedition that didn't have at least 90% chance of success, and I've even failed most 90% ones. Beginning to think the numbers may be off on those...

I'm about to jinx myself in a big way but I haven't failed any yet including half a dozen or so at 80-90%.

rabidsquid posted:

this is just speculation but BASED ON 6* WOL and also when TG Cid came out, i am basically totally convinced Ramza enhancements wont come out until that 4* bard that can do the same thing comes out so his value as a godmode support is WAAAY lower, especially to a new player where he's hard to build and needs a dualcast to really do damage.

Yeah probably. They've been clear that they want to run Global its own way which means not letting us have the massive power jumps in the same timeframe that Japan got them.

Not that it stops them from releasing meta/god tier GL exclusive units like Olive and Ling, or Xon and his buff stealing shenanigans. :getin:

(I'd still suggest a new player keep a Ramza/Tilith roll and pray for a top tier DPS during the anniversary before they consider rerolling further)

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I decided to keep it if only because I was getting super bored of rerolling and didn't want to burn out on the game before I even started really playing it. I sent a bunch of friend requests to people on the Google doc. Are friend points still the gift of choice or is something else the new hotness?

Also, discord says this banner sucks and save my lapis for the anniversary event, confirm/deny?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
My half price pull today was a Golbez and a 5% to all Moogle. I think that was very worth it.
I have about 190% in trust moogles stocked up right now. I'm really hoping that next weeks pulls get me something great to use them on (like maybe finally pulling a Noctis! I can dream at least)

Winged Orpheus posted:

Also, discord says this banner sucks and save my lapis for the anniversary event, confirm/deny?

Very confirmed. Next week will have an 11 pull with a guaranteed 5*
Also the FF10 banner is a good one to pull on. Rikku is a very big game changing unit. And Tidus is very very good as well.

SereneCrimson fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 24, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Winged Orpheus posted:

I decided to keep it if only because I was getting super bored of rerolling and didn't want to burn out on the game before I even started really playing it. I sent a bunch of friend requests to people on the Google doc. Are friend points still the gift of choice or is something else the new hotness?

Friend points are what you get from others. They're a good choice for a new player in order to get some of the easy friend point summons.

Also yes, this banner is garbage.

Finally, I highly suggest you don't drop any money for a week and reroll some more next week. Tilith is not good enough to take over a good DPS unit.

SereneCrimson posted:

My half price pull today was a Golbez and a 5% to all Moogle. I think that was very worth it.
I have about 190% in trust moogles stocked up right now. I'm really hoping that next weeks pulls get me something great to use them on (like maybe finally pulling a Noctis! I can dream at least)

My 1/2 price today was Kain who I've TM'ed 5 times and my moogle was for Garland who I finished the TM for yesterday. Thanks Gumi!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^ Got Kain 2 or 3 times while chasing Tilith. I currently have 5 gungnirs so... yeah.

Winged Orpheus posted:

1. Just hit send on gifts because it'll give whatever the person has selected (though as a newplayer you might want FP so you can get some of the useful FP unit TMs).
2. The summer banner is hot garbage, and you already have Tilith from Brave Frontier's banner, so save your lapis.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Kheldarn posted:

Threw Too-Fiddy at the Half Banner.

I don't own Lid, but I now own Black Cat and Summer Lid. If they make 2 more variations of her, I can field a team of Lids by the time I actually get her.

I love how shes face deep in a scarface style giant pile of cocaine

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Say hello to my Lid-el friend!

Nailed it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, who has a good friend unit (with Diablos) that I can use to beat Maxwell? She keeps stomping my rear end, and all I wanna do is beat her so I can get the unit. :sigh:

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
So what is the consensus for farming relics?

I heard S and A arent worth it, but im hearing that B isnt worth it eithe. To only go for those if you need or like the reward.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kheldarn posted:

OK, who has a good friend unit (with Diablos) that I can use to beat Maxwell? She keeps stomping my rear end, and all I wanna do is beat her so I can get the unit. :sigh:

I put my cecil on diablos and had tilith just heal through the fight while everyone auto-attacked until the charge was ready. Once the summon was done my olive and friend-olive nuked maxwell so hard she didn't know what the gently caress happened. Cecil has crazy high holy resist.

Shoenin posted:

I heard S and A arent worth it, but im hearing that B isnt worth it eithe. To only go for those if you need or like the reward.

Basically only do it if you either really want the reward, or it's a 3 hour mission you can 80%-100%

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Which vortex dungeon should I run? I get the basic ones but I'm not sure what the event ones do

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Shoenin posted:

Lowest time, best reward, meet all bonus requirements.

Winged Orpheus posted:

Which vortex dungeon should I run? I get the basic ones but I'm not sure what the event ones do

You should be running the story to get all the free goodies. By the time you're done with that, you should know what vortex dungeons to do.

Here is a pro-tip!

Orlandeu can lose 17 ATK if he switches out Excalibur for Apocalypse. Divine Ruination is still a good skill, and does not inflict Light damage on its own, that's where Excalibur or Durandal come in.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Winged Orpheus posted:

Story is half-off for energy and nets you a good meaty chunk of lapis and unlocks a few of the other side stuff to do like trials and espers. Once you unlock trials a solid friend unit can typically solo Intangir without much issue and the sword you get from that is a pretty solid get as is the sword you can get from beating the white dragon in the side chamber of the main vortex plaza, it doesn't cost energy to fight it and it's generally a decent test of how solid your team is for the early content. Hunt down espers as you progress because they contribute a pretty good boost to your unit's stats.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 25, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Look at that. Full House completed with a 34% chance of success. I'm 99% convinced that the bonus skill requirement for units has a hidden percentage boost.

Spelunking Splendor, on the other hand, failed. Need more data on how bonus skills work.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
And I failed yet another 80%, continuing my streak of failing every single expedition not at 100%.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Two more expeditions ready to turn in.

Tavern Cleanup at 45% chance completed successfully, with 5 FF 3 units, and Lost In The Dark at 56% chance failed, because I only had 3 FF 1 characters to send.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Two more expeditions ready to turn in.

Tavern Cleanup at 45% chance completed successfully, with 5 FF 3 units, and Lost In The Dark at 56% chance failed, because I only had 3 FF 1 characters to send.

The wiki has what goes into success rates for expeditions. http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Expedition#Success_Rate_Per_Unit

This seems especially useful for higher rank missions:
Note: Success rate for an expedition is calculated when the mission begins and cannot be changed after that. However, the equipment on a unit can be removed by equipping it directly to another unit. This can useful if two expeditions require the same stat and you have a trust master item that gives a huge boost.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well, I looked at the wiki before I made those last two posts to make sure what the expeditions needed for bonus requirements, the game doesn't tell you after the fact.

The "bonus" highlight doesn't always match what the mission bonus is requesting, especially when it comes to magic types, it seems.

There's something going on here, it may just be a display error. More data is needed.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Someone please tell me not to be stupid, and that even with half energy, farming fire shrine for Megacrysts is a terrible, terrible idea and no one should ever actually try for the Ring of Dominion.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Someone please tell me not to be stupid, and that even with half energy, farming fire shrine for Megacrysts is a terrible, terrible idea and no one should ever actually try for the Ring of Dominion.

I have farmed 10 advanced rings, and haven't seen an uber-material yet. So good luck!

Haha, the wiki says the expected drop rate is 2%.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 25, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/182206-final-fantasy-brave-exvius/75246685

453 Hero Rings:
4530 Fire Megacrysts
4530 Ice Megacrysts
1359 Silver Ore

150 Monarch's Rings
3000 Earth Megacrysts
3000 Wind Megacrysts
1500 Light Megacrysts
1500 Dark Megacrysts

150 Domination Rings:
3000 Lightning Megacrysts
3000 Water Megacrysts
1500 Light Megacrysts
1500 Dark Megacrysts

150 Ruler's Rings:
3000 Light Megacrysts
3000 Dark Megacrysts
1500 Fire Megacrysts
1500 Ice Megacrysts

GRAND TOTAL: FOR 1 RING:
6030 Fire Megacrysts
6030 Ice Megacrysts
6000 Light Megacrysts
6000 Dark Megacrysts
3000 Earth Megacrysts
3000 Wind Megacrysts
3000 Lightning Megacrysts
3000 Water Megacrysts
1359 Silver Ore

Plus or minus of course

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Just wondering since there is no announcement, how is everyone so certain that the FFX banner is next?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The man called M posted:

Just wondering since there is no announcement, how is everyone so certain that the FFX banner is next?

They mentioned it in a live stream.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The man called M posted:

They used this graphic at e3.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Story is half-off for energy and nets you a good meaty chunk of lapis and unlocks a few of the other side stuff to do like trials and espers. Once you unlock trials a solid friend unit can typically solo Intangir without much issue and the sword you get from that is a pretty solid get as is the sword you can get from beating the white dragon in the side chamber of the main vortex plaza, it doesn't cost energy to fight it and it's generally a decent test of how solid your team is for the early content. Hunt down espers as you progress because they contribute a pretty good boost to your unit's stats.

I'll note that the White Dragon is also hilariously vulnerable to most status effects, so a low level party can still knock it out by throwing enough poison and paralysis/sleep at it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So between a pull and an EX ticket, I now have Swimsuit Dark Fina and another Fohlen. I feel like there's a way to take advantage of these facts. If one Fohlen is hosed up, two is probably more hosed up. I guess I'd just replace Reberta with a second Fohlen?

What's the deal with Ultima chaining? Just spin up some mages with it and go to town? Because now I have Dark Fina, Trance Terra, a Terra with <5% left of her TM, an extra Trance Terra, and Alma if I really want to do it.

Edit: Forget Alma, I have an Emperor kicking around for when I get that TM Ultima. A 5 person dual-cast Ultima team does sound kinda fun, even if it probably isn't as good as an element chaining team.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 25, 2017

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Echophonic posted:

So between a pull and an EX ticket, I now have Swimsuit Dark Fina and another Fohlen. I feel like there's a way to take advantage of these facts. If one Fohlen is hosed up, two is probably more hosed up. I guess I'd just replace Reberta with a second Fohlen?

What's the deal with Ultima chaining? Just spin up some mages with it and go to town? Because now I have Dark Fina, Trance Terra, a Terra with <5% left of her TM, an extra Trance Terra, and Alma if I really want to do it.

there's a TM spear later thats wind element, then you can have your two fohlens and Reberta all do some crazy chaining.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Echophonic posted:

Edit: Forget Alma, I have an Emperor kicking around for when I get that TM Ultima. A 5 person dual-cast Ultima team does sound kinda fun, even if it probably isn't as good as an element chaining team.

Ultima only chains if you have their upgrades and T.Terras and Swimsuit D.Fina are a longs way off. And if you are planning on doing magical chain set up the two T.Terras will be better with chaos wave rather than ultima. She's the strongest magic chainer post enhancements right now.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh right, Dark Fina's is that 7 hit thing when she's maxed out. I guess she's a good flexible mage for other stuff, but I'll hold off and save some resources for Rikku.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I have to say, for someone's who's only been back/pulling since the Floating Continent event, your recent 5* luck is absurdly insane, even if said 5* aren't game breaking.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Two doublecast Ultimas is enough to kill 90% of the Arena teams I've encountered in the first round.

Three should be sufficient for 100% 1-round wins.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
they really need to increase friend list capacity

cleared some room add me for sexy times

can't wait for all the goodies we're getting this next week :sotw:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

HGH posted:

I have to say, for someone's who's only been back/pulling since the Floating Continent event, your recent 5* luck is absurdly insane, even if said 5* aren't game breaking.

Oh, I just don't post about all the garbage I get. I've been buying a decent amount of lapis. Stopped spending money on Dokkan Battle, so I guess I started on Exvius?

Anyway, have my Leon at 95%, since I thought the Big Bridge moogle was a 5%. It's a 10%, so now I don't want to waste the extra 5% just to finish his TM. We'll be getting a new event soon, I suppose, not a big deal.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 25, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
whatever happened to that manchester charity bundle is that still a thing

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ability Enhancement/Awakening preview/speculation:

First five batches of JP Enhancements, units that have been crossed out have been enhanced in Global, bolded units have not been Enhanced in Global yet:

Cecil, Chizuru, Delita, Garland, Garnet, Fina, Karl, Krile, Kuja, Lid, Lightning, Rain, Ramza, Roselia, Snow

Dark Knight Cecil, Firion, Kain, Lasswell, DarkFina, Medius, Nichol, Vanille, Refia, Seven

Ace, Agrias, Cloud of Darkness, Gilgamesh, Hope, Jake, Mercedes, Sakura

Bartz, Charlotte, Exdeath, Hayate, Leonhart, Luneth, Marie, Nine, Seria, Soleil

Eileen, Fina, Fencer, Juggler, Popoi, Primm, Randi, Luka, Shine, Thief

There doesn't seem to be a set amount of units that are chosen each batch(GL: 10,11,7).

There is at least 1 base 5* unit, 2 seems typical, though obviously global diverted from this by withholding Ramza from the first batch.

There is at least 1 unit each batch that uses one of the different types of crysts? Confirm/Deny?

Agrias was awakened and then ehanced a roughly month and a week Tidus was released; pushing her Global awakening and enhancement into August.

Based on looking at the upcoming list, the next batch should include some combination of:

Cecil, Garland, Dark Knight Cecil, Refia, Gilgamesh, Sakura, Charlotte, Exdeath, Hayate, Leon, Luneth, Marie, Nine, Soleil, Eileen, Fina, Fencer, Juggler, Popoi, Primm, Randi, Luka, Shine, Thief, and Ramza.

Analysis:

Cecil (3*) - Thumbs up. He's a common unit, there are many better tank choices out there and while Cecil is still very good he's not top of the pile anymore and his enhancements won't change his station too much.

Garland (3*) - Thumbs in the middle. We haven't gotten his 6* yet, presumably we'll get it with Warrior of Light, but if we don't then he won't make the list here.

Dark Knight Cecil (5*) - Thumbs up. Surpirsed he hasn't been already, doesn't seem to be any good reason for him not to be. Maybe they wanted to save his enhancements for after the Maxwell trial so he wouldn't own it? I have no idea, this one doesn't make any sense.

Refia (4*) - Thumbs up. I suspect they were waiting for Tilith to come before making Refia better, even though her enhancements aren't game breaking.

Popoi/Primm/Randi (3*, 4*, 5*) - Thumbs in the middle. These guys are probably being enhanced as a group and I don't see them all on this next banner, unless they bump Gilgamesh to the next one. Possible but who knows.

Fencer/Juggler/Thief (all 4*) - Thumbs in the middle. That's an awfully large amount of 4* slots to waste on a bunch of time exclusive units that a large portion of the player base probably doesn't have.

Sakura (Story Unit) - Thumbs up. The last story unit that hasn't seen enhancement, almost a no-brainer except she's actually a useful character with a strong enhancement.

Charlotte (3*) - Thumbs down. Charlotte was enhanced along with her 6* awakening. I don't see them pairing these two together that early in Global.

ExDeath (3*) - Thumbs up. With Swimsuit D.Fina we have another strong caster, and since casters aren't anything to write home about anyway, I don't see it being a problem that he gets boosted.

Hayate (3*) - Thumbs down. See Charlotte.

Leon (4*) - Thumbs up. There's a lot of enhancements to characters that will never be anything, this is one of them. Just filler so why not.

Luneth (5*) - Thumbs in the middle. Luneth would be a strong candidate if there weren't two other base 5*s ahead of him. He could skip the line but I don't see why he would.

Marie (5*) - Thumbs in the middle. Same reasoning as Luneth.

Nine (4*) - Thumbs up. Another unit whose enhancements don't change the meta or make the character suddenly worth using so why not?

Soleil (4*) - Thumbs up. See Nine and Leon.

Aileen (5*) - Thumbs down. She's probably going to be held off a bit longer given her release was still fairly recent.

Luka (4*) - Thumbs up. Entirely possible we'll see her and Refia both on the enhancement list, to make people that didn't roll Tilith a bit happier.

Shine (4*) - Thumbs up. Same reasons as Nine, Leon and Soleil.

Ramza (5*) - Thumbs down. Pretty clear we're not seeing his guy get his moment in the sun until after Roy comes around. I guess they want people to roll for Roy if they have Ramza and not wait for upgrades? Whatever their reasoning, if we haven't seen him yet, we won't see him next go around either.

Based on that analysis my guess for the next wave of enhancements is:

Dark Knight Cecil, Gilgamesh, Luka, Leon, Nine, Shine, Soleil, Cecil, ExDeath and Sakura.

* Elza has also been enhanced and is Global Exclusive. Not going to speculate on what other GE unit will be enhanced because who the heck knows.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 25, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'd definitely agree with Cecil being in the next batch, since that'd make him compete slightly with Warrior of Light once he gets his 6*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The global sequence of enhancements seems more... balanced for lack of a better word. Ramza being in the first JP batch seems like it might have been a mistake for them that they're severely rectifying in global now.

• Locked thread