Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

jetz0r posted:

Use one of the goon Fryevias. Maxwell has really low SPR, and no ice resist, so Frost Flower Blitz absolutely shreds Maxwell. If you bring standard buffs/debuffs, the fight will be short and easy.

I'll have to swap gear/TMs to my Fryevia and grab a buddy next time one is up to see how badly I murder the hardmode Maxwell with blitz chains then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Yeah may I please use a Goon's Fustigator Fryevia to gently caress Maxwell up

I will give you many cheers and thanks on being a scholar and gentleman

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

My Cecil ain't as hot as I hoped he'd be. :smith: Really gotta catch up on trials and TMs then if I'm going to try and help with cheese units!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Hmm, I wonder which expedition I should do next...

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'll have to swap gear/TMs to my Fryevia and grab a buddy next time one is up to see how badly I murder the hardmode Maxwell with blitz chains then.

Oh god, you have a Frye yourself?

Two turns, at most.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Kind of want to get my snow up to 6*(at 80/80 5* right now), but I think I will save my 6* awakening items until I see what happens Thursday when there is lots of summoning going on.

I'm looking forward to the disappointment Thursday. Free 10+1, 10+1 w/ guaranteed 5*, 4*+ ticket, 20 regular tickets. I expect to be trolled horribly.

We are going to need a google docs spreadsheet where we can record how badly gumi fucks us over I think. Need to see how many Delitas, Bediles, and Shadows show up!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, save stuff until after all the sweet thursday/friday pulls. You might get a party changing character that you want up to speed right away. Then when you pull Queen or Lightning you can just do whatever you were originally going to do like throw the game out a window.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

jetz0r posted:

Oh god, you have a Frye yourself?

Two turns, at most.

I also have Orlandu (950atk w/odin) and Olive (1k atk w/ifrit). :v:

I have her setup in single weapon mode right now and she's at about 500atk and 800mag. That'll drop when I give her DW and an enhancer but the overall damage should jump up. I really need to get my 2nd Zidane mastered so I can stop passing around my only copy of dual wield though.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Made some more room. I also have a Noctis that can solo the Gilg trial.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

hamsystem posted:

Made some more room. I also have a Noctis that can solo the Gilg trial.

Sent you a request, maybe I can at least get some rewards out of it, even if not the Maxwell unit.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Will King Mog still be around for a week selling stuff or do I need to get rid of the currency now? Actually wait. Is Vargas a limited time unit?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ugato posted:

Will King Mog still be around for a week selling stuff or do I need to get rid of the currency now? Actually wait. Is Vargas a limited time unit?

The exchange period for crimson ore lasts a week after the event to get them ends so you can wait until ~July 6th to trade them in. Vargas and all of the BF units are timed exclusives and are gone once their banner disappears on Friday. It's one reason why not pulling Tilith is so frustrating is that once she's gone she's gone for good.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ugato posted:

With King Mog events, you typically get an extra week for turn-in. Yes, Vargas is limited time.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Yeah, save stuff until after all the sweet thursday/friday pulls. You might get a party changing character that you want up to speed right away. Then when you pull Queen or Lightning you can just do whatever you were originally going to do like throw the game out a window.

I just got back to the game and Lightning is my only base 5*, so that makes me sad that she's apparently maligned now.

My only other 5* pulls have been Garnet and Kuja.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Khisanth Magus posted:

Kind of want to get my snow up to 6*(at 80/80 5* right now), but I think I will save my 6* awakening items until I see what happens Thursday when there is lots of summoning going on.

I'm looking forward to the disappointment Thursday. Free 10+1, 10+1 w/ guaranteed 5*, 4*+ ticket, 20 regular tickets. I expect to be trolled horribly.

We are going to need a google docs spreadsheet where we can record how badly gumi fucks us over I think. Need to see how many Delitas, Bediles, and Shadows show up!

Snow is pretty drat useful. Draw attacks + provoke ensures that single attacks are not going anywhere else. His only real trouble is his lack of armor choices. I TMd' 2 Firion a few events back and I slapped a heavy armor materia on him and now he rolls with what ever Cecil isn't wearing. It is funny how situation every unit is and how their usefulness changes constantly.

I am holding the exact same amount of tickets with a 4* also.

I have already seen a Bedile this week, and I literally have not seen him in 4 moths or so. That tells me they have already increased his rate. Also had an Edge today...another dumpster unit (TM "ok"), so I am fully expecting to quit after this event. I know it is a little :tinfoil: but it just seems like would happen in one of these games.

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

The exchange period for crimson ore lasts a week after the event to get them ends so you can wait until ~July 6th to trade them in. Vargas and all of the BF units are timed exclusives and are gone once their banner disappears on Friday. It's one reason why not pulling Tilith is so frustrating is that once she's gone she's gone for good.

It's not 100% guaranteed we will get it but there was 1 more banner on JP that had Tilith on it that ran alongside the Runera banner:

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Summon/Japanese_Banners

Ramza, Delita, Tilith, Agrias, Mustadio, Ludmille

It took place about 3 banners after the JP Rikku one, but I'm not sure if it was a voted characters thing since its labelled as a popular units banner. If we do get it though its a fantastic banner since the only real duds on it are Mustadio and to a lesser extent Delita.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

I just got back to the game and Lightning is my only base 5*, so that makes me sad that she's apparently maligned now.

My only other 5* pulls have been Garnet and Kuja.

The gatcha power creep and long animations are harsh masters. Really though, innate dual wield is still really good and with ability awakenings she can inflict -75% lightning resist and take some advantage of it. The biggest problems is she has really tough competition with characters who can execute crazy long chains with copies of themselves for huge damage multipliers or bring more utility to the table. Plus awakening her lightning resist down ability is really expensive when Orlandu can do the same without awakening on a stronger element and the same resist down attack does crazy damage thanks to chaining. She is one of the few characters with magic evade though which might mean something later on like how an evade build was part of trivializing the Gilgamesh trial.

Plus I already have a Lightning and having a second gives me nothing since her TM is bad and she doesn't chain with herself at all. I think a second Lightning would be the worst 5* pull I could get so I'm a bit biased.

e:

Tengama posted:

It's not 100% guaranteed we will get it but there was 1 more banner on JP that had Tilith on it that ran alongside the Runera banner:

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Summon/Japanese_Banners

Ramza, Delita, Tilith, Agrias, Mustadio, Ludmille

It took place about 3 banners after the JP Rikku one, but I'm not sure if it was a voted characters thing since its labelled as a popular units banner. If we do get it though its a fantastic banner since the only real duds on it are Mustadio and to a lesser extent Delita.

Oh, that's good to know! Maybe we'll get something like that and I can throw more tickets into the machine chasing Tilith. Thanks!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

Snow is pretty drat useful. Draw attacks + provoke ensures that single attacks are not going anywhere else. His only real trouble is his lack of armor choices. I TMd' 2 Firion a few events back and I slapped a heavy armor materia on him and now he rolls with what ever Cecil isn't wearing. It is funny how situation every unit is and how their usefulness changes constantly.

I am holding the exact same amount of tickets with a 4* also.

I have already seen a Bedile this week, and I literally have not seen him in 4 moths or so. That tells me they have already increased his rate. Also had an Edge today...another dumpster unit (TM "ok"), so I am fully expecting to quit after this event. I know it is a little :tinfoil: but it just seems like would happen in one of these games.

I fully expect to get the worst possible draws out of this, but also expect some goon to come out of Thursday with 3 Cid's.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
and 4 Rikku's

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

expedition.jpg

Put this in the new OP please.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Japan is getting another FFXII event- Basch and Garbanth are the whale 5*s.

Basch is a hybrid tank thats capable of switching stances to deal with either physical or magic AoEs and he can also break. %s mitigations are going to determine if he's going to dethrone WoL and Mistair in their roles. Garbanth is a hybrid attack and taunter that gains more damage the higher he stacks defense.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
If you do the new maze and make it to the room with only 2 doors with no mistakes you have the option of talking to a moogle to get a fight against 3 cactuars, a burst pot, and I think it was 2 of the big metal cactuars.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

status update:

It is entirely possible to clear Maxwell with a well geared Noctis, and I was able to just have Xon hide every turn until the esper bar filled, and summon Diablos for the mission requirement.

You need to follow a strict turn order of jumping every 5th turn to avoid destiny, but beyond that its just slow, and this took me 73 turns to clear. With a camouflage equipped and a ton of hp boosts, Xon was able to survive the turn he was out summoning Diablos, meeting the no KO requirement too.

If anyone needs this for getting the maxwell unit i can try putting this up, all you need is a unit with hide (you can get some via friend point summon) that can escape battle until its time to summon diablos.
You also need well, Diablos. Since my noctis doesn't have as much light resist as he possibly could, he might need a hi potion if by the end maxwell uses meteor but managed to not trigger a single damage warp, so make sure you got some elixers/ best healing items you can got as a just in case he decides to use it twice in a row (i didn't have it happen so Im not entirely sure if it would kill him or not. )

This could technically clear the ELT version, but his attack is so low in this setup it would be an absolute unending Hell lasting a thousand turns.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Tengames posted:

status update:

It is entirely possible to clear Maxwell with a well geared Noctis, and I was able to just have Xon hide every turn until the esper bar filled, and summon Diablos for the mission requirement.

You need to follow a strict turn order of jumping every 5th turn to avoid destiny, but beyond that its just slow, and this took me 73 turns to clear. With a camouflage equipped and a ton of hp boosts, Xon was able to survive the turn he was out summoning Diablos, meeting the no KO requirement too.

If anyone needs this for getting the maxwell unit i can try putting this up, all you need is a unit with hide (you can get some via friend point summon) that can escape battle until its time to summon diablos.
You also need well, Diablos. Since my noctis doesn't have as much light resist as he possibly could, he might need a hi potion if by the end maxwell uses meteor but managed to not trigger a single damage warp, so make sure you got some elixers/ best healing items you can got as a just in case he decides to use it twice in a row (i didn't have it happen so Im not entirely sure if it would kill him or not. )

This could technically clear the ELT version, but his attack is so low in this setup it would be an absolute unending Hell lasting a thousand turns.

I could probably also set this up, but Noctis is on a cooking expedition at the moment.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Managed to 3 round Maxwell using a 5 man squad of Orlandu, Fryevia, Olive, Tilith, and a buddy Fryevia.

Orlandu was largely dead weight because while he could help build a chain with DR, it was non-elemental (since I didn't think to use an ice brand), but if my buddy Fryevia had dual wield I could've probably one-rounded Maxwell off their chain. Round 1 was Ice Age, Shattering Shot, and elemental resists from Tilith, with Maxwell doing almost no damage the next round. Round 2 my chain took her to about 5% hp and she only healed herself and maybe attacked once or twice. No Endless or anything else. Round 3 was just cleanup.

Only have the Esper requirement at this point so I could always come back with a full squad including DC Refia, Cecil, or whatever. The King Burst Pot would probably be nice for feeding to someone in the future... :effort:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

wol 6* in june :allears:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I have 125 relics but the expedition menu keeps telling me I only have 119.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

rabidsquid posted:

wol 6* in june :allears:

i got your 6* wol right here

if by wol you mean wilhelm of love

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
How hard is it for a friend Frylevia to carry ELT Maxwell? I'm asking for... another friend.

Cartoon Man posted:

expedition.jpg

Put this in the new OP please.

You're never gonna have a successful mission because Best Number One Unit Bedile isn't from FF3.

The secret success percentages are a fickle mistress.

In other news, I did this:

Am I good?

After the next batch of TMRs is done, I will have enough Dual Wields for a full party and a 100% Evade Fohlen.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

FFX units aren't going live until Friday, right? Or does the banner just not go up until Friday?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Skyridge posted:

FFX units aren't going live until Friday, right? Or does the banner just not go up until Friday?

Everywhere is saying Thursday for everything.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

IT IS HERE

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
All the announcements we hoped for and an anniversary Raid. Awesome.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah, Gumi came through on everything. The only thing missing is the Ariana terrorist bundle. And while it still could make an appearance, I'm beginning to believe it fell through due to the logistics or coordination or something.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Also, don't forget that all the current content ends tonight when maintenance hits!

This includes the Brave Frontier banner, Vargas fight, and Maxwell fight. Today is the last day to get Maxwell. If you don't have it yet, I think Tenlade was working on developing a carry Noctis unit that when paired with a Xon can cheese the fight and get Diablos summoned, but I'm not sure if he got it working. It involves having Noctis jump and Xon hiding at strategic points.

The enchanted maze and the Gilgamesh bridge also go away.

Finally, today is the last day to claim any bikini clad waifus that you desire to add to your harem.. They go into the general pool, but their banner goes away tonight.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 28, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
:negative: I thought I was done with those loving butterflies for the rest of my life.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

Finally, today is the last day to claim any bikini clad waifus that you desire to add to your harem.

Incorrect, for SOME reason, the Summer units are permanent pool additions. Or at least, they are in JP.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

Incorrect, for SOME reason, the Summer units are permanent pool additions. Or at least, they are in JP.

Oh cool, I thought it was limited.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Also, another reminder to please get your Setzers geared up (Give him a Spirit Slayer materia) and set as your friend units for us poor unfortunates who have none of our own. JP players said the Mog King raid is 100% awful and the only easy way to clear ELT constantly was Setzer cheese, chaining into dice throws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Also, don't forget that all the current content ends tonight when maintenance hits!

This includes the Brave Frontier banner, Vargas fight, and Maxwell fight. Today is the last day to get Maxwell. If you don't have it yet, I think Tenlade was working on developing a carry Noctis unit that when paired with a Xon can cheese the fight and get Diablos summoned, but I'm not sure if he got it working. It involves having Noctis jump and Xon hiding at strategic points.

it works, you just need a unit with hide and diablos, even the friend point summons will do it.
slight chance maxwell spams meteor twice in a row without noctis using damage warp, hi potion/elixer/jumping should prevent dying.
Spam warp break , jump every 5th turn. remember you start on turn 2 and a jump takes 2 turns. Rune is every 4 turns (4, 8, 12, 16, 20) which can help you keep track.

• Locked thread