Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

On a completely different note, since I think I will be playing this game for the Long Haul, I've been considering the following post:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/182206-final-fantasy-brave-exvius/74168081

I think it might be time to set up some grinding macros for Explorations again. They aren't a bad way of getting XP, and I think I'm going to need quite a number of megacrysts

A note on this is that the 20% drop rate for the exceed ring mats is just a theory. Its more like 5-10% from what some JP players on reddit have said. None of the top whales in JP have them yet and apparently they spent weeks using lapis to instantly craft the other rings. The other rings are still great though so you might as well get the mats anyways just don't expect to craft any exceed rings any time soon. Also to note is that it was recently found out that the max a stat can be boosted is 300% so anything over doesn't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Shark Tower posted:

Okay, I've put her up and sent you an invite. Wouldn't say she's the most murdererest (only got 1 rising sun and the pestle vs another goon's 2), but she does bring it.

Worked out A+ Okay, got my Maxwell. Thanks for the help.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

McSpankWich posted:

The prize is the realization of your crippling autism.

ugh, repeat pulls suck

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Hmmm, do I kit out Buttz or do I make Exdeath silly next. So many decisions! My primary team is physical so Buttz is probably smarter, but Exdeath was my MVP unit for so long back when I first started!

MVP units in order:

Garland: first rare pull, carried me through a lot!
Exdeath: first top tier pull. Started carrying once Garland couldn't cut it anymore.
Chorizo: first natural barrage user
Dracu Lasswell: First 6* unit and base 5* unit

Those all have a special place in my heart!

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Niton posted:

(146 base ATK)
Moonblade (+118)
Sword Master (+29)
Sakurafubuki (+98)
Brave Suit (+22)
Black Cowl (+25)
Bracer (+29)
Celestial Armlet (+30)
Ifrit (+51)
ATK +30% (+44)
----
Blade Mastery (+73)
Power of Creation (+44)
Lunge Combo (+29)
ATK +20% (+29)

=767, w/ total +ATK scaling of 2.85 he has +28 ATK from pots so

Power Pot x3
Mini Power Pot x13
--

Fun fact: You can get higher than this. With maxed +ATK from arena and a pair of Infernal Bracers, he'd be a bit under 900.

e: fixed math

Close! I'd give it to ya. No one expects the spanish inquisitionseal of destruction.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Excalibur + Sakurafibuki
Black Hood, Brave Suit, Bracer, Celestial Gloves

Atk 20% and/or lunge combo materias, and blade mastery materia.

And give me his friend ID in the event that a spot opens in their list. :shobon:

Can't, he's gone now. I don't have him on my list either, just saw him out in the wild.

Infected posted:

Worked out A+ Okay, got my Maxwell. Thanks for the help.

Sweet, glad to hear it :)

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Did a daily pull yesterday and got my first Rainbow...Dark Knight Cecil. So with three Arcs(one currently max level thanks cactuars) Refia and Vaan as my main team, should I drop an Arc and throw him in there or make a separate team and start making a physical team.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

deathbagel posted:

Hmmm, do I kit out Buttz or do I make Exdeath silly next. So many decisions! My primary team is physical so Buttz is probably smarter, but Exdeath was my MVP unit for so long back when I first started!

MVP units in order:

Garland: first rare pull, carried me through a lot!
Exdeath: first top tier pull. Started carrying once Garland couldn't cut it anymore.
Chorizo: first natural barrage user
Dracu Lasswell: First 6* unit and base 5* unit

Those all have a special place in my heart!

How nostalgic.

Garland: Initial pull MVP. Only recently got replaced by better damage dealers.
CoD: Initial pull MVP. Second half of team Badguy. I like her so much I have a lovely clone at lvl 95, just in time for a Thorned mace.
Krile and Vivi remained on the A-team much longer than they should have.

In response to your question, go Exdeath. I would 100% if I could ever pull him.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got 5 or so slots left for Goons Only: 634,188,308.

Right now friend unit is a maxed Maxwell for the event, is usually a decent Lightning.

Wanted a Garland today; got Bediled.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

AegisP posted:

They haven't announced Gilgamesh, so they might have wanted to just put up an announcement for all of the Awakenings separately from the actual FFV banner itself.

It would be a bit weird if it wasn't an FFV banner coming, since we'd have all of the FFV awakenings and then some other random banner?

I hope you are right, I really want to destroy stuff with 6* ExDeath and Bartzbros.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Deleted a bunch of inactives and nongoons as well. Currently a 398 Mag Arc, but will be 6* ExDeath tomorrow (working on DW and 3x Letters and Arms as well, so he should be pretty beastly at some indeterminate amount of time in the future)

\/\/\/ - Well he still has built in Dualcast and all the -agas, so depending on how many ExDeaths and Kefkas you have (or if you're one of those people who doesn't want duplicate characters on your team), he definitely is great to plug holes in a mage team. Cecil, ExDeath, Kefka, Arc, Tellah is amazing for arena, even moreso when their 6*'s come out. Cecil, ExDeath, Kefka, Arc, Refia also an aces team. He is your best bet out of all your dudes listed below, except debatably for Krile, depending on what her Mag stat ends up being at 5*

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 21, 2016

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So given that Exdeath is 6* now and 6* Kefka is coming out, is Arc even worth working on anymore?

EDIT: I should say I have Arc, Kefka, Exdeath, Golbez, Kyrile, Rhydia, etc.

Solkanar512 fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 21, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm just happy that with 6* Exdeath coming out, I can move Dualcast off Exdeath and onto Refia where it belongs.

And to figure out where I'm going to fit Bartz into my team, maybe.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Solkanar512 posted:

So given that Exdeath is 6* now and 6* Kefka is coming out, is Arc even worth working on anymore?

EDIT: I should say I have Arc, Kefka, Exdeath, Golbez, Kyrile, Rhydia, etc.

Kefka is coming out in 3-6months.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Reminder: 6* Bartz's level 100 skill is a trap. Hybrid sucks so much, it's honestly depressing. You will never be able to build Hybrid strong enough such that Cyclone Slash does significantly more damage than Gale Barrage, compared to the investment you could have made going straight ATK instead and just crush people with Gale Barrage.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

AegisP posted:

Reminder: 6* Bartz's level 100 skill is a trap. Hybrid sucks so much, it's honestly depressing. You will never be able to build Hybrid strong enough such that Cyclone Slash does significantly more damage than Gale Barrage, compared to the investment you could have made going straight ATK instead and just crush people with Gale Barrage.

Gretchen, stop trying to make Hybrid Damage happen, it's not going to happen.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I think some people were trying to math out Gale Barrage with a maximum hybrid setup - basically Maxwell's TM, two Ingus TMs, something something Enhancer, something something Brave Suits/Hero Rings, blah blah... I believe the consensus was that with ALL THAT you could have Gale Barrage pull ahead, but if you built straight ATK with TMs, Cyclone Slash would still end up really close or better depending on your setup.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I think you mixed up Cyclone Slash and Gale Barrage in there, but yea, I mathed it out a while back when Letters & Arms came out. You can make Cyclone Slash higher damage than Gale Barrage, but only by about ~15% with some absurd gear combinations. Instead, you could simply build ATK and quickly have a much better Gale Barrage.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Thundaga chains with CoD are fun

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Cecil surviving is what makes that gif perfect.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Vax posted:

Thundaga chains with CoD are fun

This time next week we'll be chaining meteors and there will be no survivors. :science:

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Evil Fluffy posted:

This time next week we'll be chaining meteors and there will be no survivors. :science:

Temptation has me wanting to dump cash so I can TM farm my 3 Ludmilles then run ExDeath x 2 + Rydia x 3 all with DC. Ten space rocks should be enough to kill stuff I think.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So there's this... Robot trial(?) in JP right now and I cannot comprehend the nature of that fight. It seems beyond absurd.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Chen Kenichi posted:

Temptation has me wanting to dump cash so I can TM farm my 3 Ludmilles then run ExDeath x 2 + Rydia x 3 all with DC. Ten space rocks should be enough to kill stuff I think.

Only need 2 Rydias! Cecil with Focus provides a larger bonus to damage than the two extra castings (I think)

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

McSpankWich posted:

Only need 2 Rydias! Cecil with Focus provides a larger bonus to damage than the two extra castings (I think)

Well chain number 9 and 10 vs 40% boost to the first 8. Dunno which is better, but more space rocks = more fun so that wins anyway :)

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'm planning on trying to 1-round the new trial with 2x Edgar 3x Exdeath. This will end poorly.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

McSpankWich posted:

It's largely irrelevant since nothing threatening can survive that many (chained) Meteors. Maybe a 6* WoL once we get him but honestly I don't think his passive will trigger enough to matter, and even if it does he'd still be all alone against your party so that'd only delay the inevitable.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

HGH posted:

So there's this... Robot trial(?) in JP right now and I cannot comprehend the nature of that fight. It seems beyond absurd.

You mean the 10 million hp robot, with 4 million hp arms, where if you kill the Right Arm twice it explodes and wipes you, but if you don't kill the Right Arm it heals the main Body in 500k hp increments. Oh and the Left Arm single targets your highest ATK character with a 1000% physical hit repeatedly throughout the fight.

Good times, good times.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AegisP posted:

You mean the 10 million hp robot, with 4 million hp arms, where if you kill the Right Arm twice it explodes and wipes you, but if you don't kill the Right Arm it heals the main Body in 500k hp increments. Oh and the Left Arm single targets your highest ATK character with a 1000% physical hit repeatedly throughout the fight.

Good times, good times.

That sounds...like a thing.

Does it also make whaling noises when it beats you while popups for 100k Lapis packages try and interfere with your menuing?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Dias posted:

That sounds...like a thing.

Does it also make whaling noises when it beats you while popups for 100k Lapis packages try and interfere with your menuing?

I forgot to mention it also on turn 1 casts Reflect on itself and its Arms. Here's a video if you want to watch someone's 6500 hp units get the poo poo kicked out of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVQ0sPERRQY

Also it shows how much I really, really want Rikku.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Daily got me a 3* CoD :woop: I already have a lvl 100 CoD, and a lvl 80 ExDeath and 80 Bartz waiting for their new awakenings later this week. I have not yet completed the Maxwell challenge.

Am I best off cactuaring the new CoD to 100 right away to run both of them versus Maxwell for Omniveil + DPS, and then slowly build ExDeath and then Bartz? I have 25~ gigantaurs from the weekend, plus the 100 to purchase from the current King Mog store.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

AegisP posted:

I forgot to mention it also on turn 1 casts Reflect on itself and its Arms. Here's a video if you want to watch someone's 6500 hp units get the poo poo kicked out of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVQ0sPERRQY

One of the hits he does on the turn that kills the boss's main body was a 7-digit damage number, too.

e: Finally went back and redid Maxwell for the 10k karma.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 22, 2016

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

AegisP posted:

Jesus, Rikku is loving ridiculous.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Fenrir posted:

Jesus, Rikku is loving ridiculous.

Is she the one who was casting auto-res to full everything on almost every turn?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Chen Kenichi posted:

Is she the one who was casting auto-res to full everything on almost every turn?

Tilith was the one in the top right either Full Raising individual people or Party Full Raising when he lost 2-3 people.

Rikku's the one bottom left using her Limit Break every other turn to put up a party Auto-Revive. She has other awesome abilities, but she kind of had to put up a party Auto-Revive every time it was available.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

AegisP posted:

Tilith was the one in the top right either Full Raising individual people or Party Full Raising when he lost 2-3 people.

Rikku's the one bottom left using her Limit Break every other turn to put up a party Auto-Revive. She has other awesome abilities, but she kind of had to put up a party Auto-Revive every time it was available.

Yeah the lower left girl - she pretty much makes a party invincible now doesn't she? Also it was auto-revive to full health AND MP. That is insane.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Right after redoing the Maxwell fight I go run an exploration only to find one of my random facebook friend Luneths has suddenly jumped up to 735 attack with Diablos and wielding a moonblade. :psyduck:

I'm tempted to rerun the fight just to see how much this guy wrecks Maxwell's face.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The Auto-Revive from Rikku is to 80% hp. Shouldn't have been mana restore, but he uses Ramza in that fight to constantly sing, which turns him into a party mana battery.

He probably would have wiped if the boss managed to kill Rikku twice. Then he wouldn't have an auto-revive available which might have allowed it to kill too many characters on the following turn when the shields were down.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

AegisP posted:

The Auto-Revive from Rikku is to 80% hp. Shouldn't have been mana restore, but he uses Ramza in that fight to constantly sing, which turns him into a party mana battery.

He probably would have wiped if the boss managed to kill Rikku twice. Then he wouldn't have an auto-revive available which might have allowed it to kill too many characters on the following turn when the shields were down.

OK at least a little less game-breaking, and it explains what Ramza was doing there.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Chen Kenichi posted:

OK at least a little less game-breaking, and it explains what Ramza was doing there.

Ramza's upgraded hero song is an HP/MP regen for the party in addition to the +100% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR it gives. Upgraded Ramza's crazy party buff machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So has it all been mathed out whether daily pulls or an 11 pull is better?

• Locked thread