Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Nuebot posted:

So I have four zidanes total, and two of them are at 50% now. Should I merge them or no? I know exdeath will want a dual wield, but Olive doesn't need it so I feel less importance is put on getting as many dual wields as possible.

Speaking as a player with the kind of luck that will leave me Zidane-less forever, don't you loving dare you lucky motherfucker.

Okay, that was maybe an overstatement on my poor luck, seeing as I drew Bartz, Olive, Refia, and Cecil in the same week, but if the prevailing opinion can be trusted, more dual-wields is more better.

vvvv hi five "Eight is my only bonus unit" buddy!

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Decided to burn a couple tickets since I still have 3 left to buy and like 90k'ish worth of poo poo left to buy that I want. Another Eight and a Cinque. gently caress it, I'll take it.

edit: OP Olive TMR-wise, my Olive is at 6% and my Bartz is at 16%, should I spend the trust moogle on Olive to bring her up to speed with Bartz and go from there, or spend it on Bartz to get Doublehand faster? They're both currently in every party I make to get every possible chance at a trust bump, but which thing would I be better served doing?

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 9, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
I saw Nimbus 3 times in 4 runs on Saturday, and have not seen him since. It'd be nice to run into him or a bomb at least once now that I have some bonus units and queen friends.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

McSpankWich posted:

Yea it's pretty bad. If you're starting now I would actually recommend waiting until possibly next week for the player's choice banner. Right now you have to worry about getting all these lovely type-0 characters clogging up your character slots.

Is the player's choice banner likely to be this soon?

I've got a limited amount of free lapis to spend, and depending on who's featured (please god, Zidane and Noctis please please please) I want to get in at least two 10+1's along with all the half price daily pulls, but I also REALLY want to speed up my farming for Olive and Bartz's TMR's to make elite sections of events doable. Basically I'm asking how much leeway I probably have to do some TMR farming refreshes.

I've already got two Agriases, an Exdeath, a Snow, and the one Bartz for Olive's Doublehand, so I think I might even stop doing the half price pulls on this banner if we're getting Player's Choice on Friday.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Oh man, bit the bullet on finally downloading an emulator to tmr farm overnight and hooooly poo poo is it great to not be wasting energy while I sleep anymore! Hopefully we've got a little break before the next farming event because I want Olive loaded with Doublehand and Sparky when the next one rolls around, and I'd PREFER not to spend many thousands of Lapis to make that happen (but I will. So loving help me, I WILL).

edit: Speaking of the mog king event...

I've got four characters I want to bring to 6* in the near future: Refia, Luka, Warrior of Light, and Exdeath.
I'm using 5* Lenna right now as my healer, but a lot of her MP gets chewed up by Cheer, with 6* Cecil picking up the slack on Curaja spam, but WoL's 6* is supposed to be GREAT and coming real soon, and my current mage is 5* Arc who I wouldn't mind replacing with an evil tree man.

Basically, I have the 6* mats for Luka and Refia ready to go, but I probably won't have time to farm 6* mats for both WoL AND Exdeath. Should I prioritize one over the other, just drop Luka altogether and raise the other 3, or what?

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 13, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Love opening a Ramza from a daily login ticket.

Hi five Daily Pull Ramza buddy! This banner's been pretty good to me; it gave me the Exdeath I needed, gave me Ramza who from what reddit says is almost a requirement for some of the ridiculous trials coming later on, and Mercedes and Celes for their TMR's. Gonna have to throw Ramza and Hayate in my TMR party once Bartz and Olive are done so Olive can have fancy clothes. Now I just need two Gaffgarions and like 4 (or just loving ANY) Shines and I'll have a real monster on my hands.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Coming down to the loving wire grinding this event, but I'm pretty sure with the rank up I just got earlier and the energy I'll have when all my queen friends are available again I can get all the 6* mats I need for a good little while. I've got enough for for Refia, Warrior of Light (when his upgrade comes), Y'shtola (who's going to get what I WAS going to use on Luka, since they need all the same stuff), one of my Exdeaths, Ramza (so he can be a maybe-not-useless friend unit during the FFT event sometime soon), and I'm working on Minfilia's stuff now. So much loving event grinding, but at least the FF14 event uses orbs instead of energy, so I can start making story progress again. I'm not even to the water shrine yet, it's embarrassing.

... Oh wait, scratch that silly story notion, I'm going to be running chamber of awakening for the rest of the year to get all these fuckers to 5* before these mats are any use :suicide:

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
3 11-pulls, 2 zidanes and no chizurus

I have TWO Ramzas now though! :unsmith:

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Just looked at Minfilia's abilities on the wiki and she doesn't have a skill called Pray Return. This is officially the worst FF14 crossover :colbert:

I GUESS I can forgive the game though, since I now have 5 Zidanes and 9 Cecils, and one of them came with a Sparky moogle.

I still have 8 tickets and lapis set aside for one more 11-pull, but I think I'll see what my dailies between now and Wednesday bring before I commit anymore resources to this. I'd like to get at least my first Chizuru though...

edit: holy poo poo, I didn't realize how many Thancreds I had until I got the 'unit list full' popup. I just fused one up to 100% from nothing and the next one's at 60% already. Works for me, I don't have poo poo for attack% materia yet.

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 19, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
What the gently caress is up with all this character-exclusive gear taking 1+ actual days to craft? 3 days to make a drat catgirl shirt. Does her weapon take 3 days too? If so, making two of those is gonna suuuuck.

At least it only took me about 250 raid pulls to actually get Y'shtola though, so small favors.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
the two Buttzes I'm TMR farming are at a combined 95% I can loving TASTE IT, gimme that doublehand.

Olive's at like 55%'ish too, but I don't think I'm gonna keep pouring lapis down the TMR drain this week. Gonna be nice to free up those two Bartz slots for a couple Zidanes though, now that I finally have some!

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Welp, two 11-pulls netted me 3 banner units, all Lawrence, which isn't the worst thing since I have two Exdeaths and Olive that wouldn't mind having that TMR armor (TMRmor?). Also finally got a Gaffgarion and Vanille, so my accessory game is gonna be on point, plus I got to jumpstart them both with two 3* moogles each. My daily trolled me by rolling gold then being a Hope though :v:

Edit: This event is super Olive-carrying-everyone friendly. She just Trueshots everything to death on Pro, do it once then just hit repeat three times. It's also nice to have banner units right off the bat this time, I didn't have any bonus units besides my friend unit for the whole first week of the last king mog event.

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 24, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Welp, spent my first five tickets from the event because I'm a loving pull junkie - two more Lawrences (one too many :( ) , and two gold crystals: Both Sevens. I guess that's cool?
edit: Also my first ever Shadow! In case he's ever good for anything!

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Honestly, if you've got an Olive I don't see why you would. Eventually Agrias will be ALMOST as good, and Olive is a stupid good finisher. gently caress, I can't pull any chainers to save my life (not even loving Edgars or something) and Olive still one-shots basically everything below Elite event bosses.

But, I mean go nuts if you want?

edit: Holy poo poo, I miscounted my Lawrences, apparently I have 7 of them! Hopefully I get one Ovelia for that 15% mp staff before the banner ends, I'm certainly not missing any dailies with Orlandeaux Jones in the mix

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 24, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

NinjaDebugger posted:

My test is still running, but I'm gonna say it now. I rushed Kiyomori from the event shop and now have an Ifrit-soloing Lightning up. She is currently halfwayish through a solo of Elite. It will take a LONG time, but if you want to use her, do as much damage as you can, then make sure auto-limit is ON (her limit breaks defense) and hit auto, then check in on it every once in a while. It'll get you an elite clear, guaranteed.

Ha, I'm trying it out for myself and it's hilarious. It's gonna take like an hour, but she just keeps on truckin' :allears:

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Why stop when it's a magical third currency that still gets you extra rank xp, stat pots and 6* mats? Might as well run it 'til it's not there anymore.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
I am loving the Cids that have 225+ mp for brainless elite runs. I just rushed all the event megacytes too so I can have Demon Killer on Olive for my event team. I'm thinking about rushing the 10% moogle next, Olive is in the mid-70's %-wise, so the moogle I'm about to get from Ifrit + the moogle from the event gets me reaaaally close to Sparky and a huuuuge damage boost. Still not going to pay 10k a pop for those loving 1% moogles though :frogout:

Hopefully that extra damage will cut down on the number of runs I don't one-shot the last boss and have my friendlandu get confused and smack Olive to death in one attack. I am not a fan of those runs.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

dangerous.hotdog posted:

- Enhance view now remembers your position in the list
Jesus, how nice this would have been for all these Thancreds

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

:flashfap: 839 attack with only lovely Thancred TMR's (at this point I'm thinking of tmr grinding my two Cinques for their 20% attack TMRS)

edit: just ran an ifrit to test out her damage; attack scaling in this game is broke as gently caress: Going from 600 attack to 839 made her true shot damage go from 170k to 390k. What's the next breakpoint for :siren: massive damage? :siren: 1000? I wonder if I can hit that with a bracer, two 20% TMR's, a black cowl and the lawrence clothes...

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 29, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
I'm beginning to get all :tinfoil: about the trust moogle rates from the event banner - they seem to be inverse to the rate of getting the character they're for. I've gotten 2 for Aiden, 5 for Xon, and 11 for Freyvia. Come on moogles, I just want one copy of that auto-refresh robe for Refia

edit for positivity: gently caress YEAH BURST POTS! Olive's gotten 3 limit burst levels so far from the event.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Man, all I've done is make two Icy Veins for Olive (920 attack, :toot: ) and I'm already loving done with this event crafting. It is soooo tedious, but I need that bandana for Refia, and that second knife just to have it, and and and...

Also, burst pots continue to be a thing, Olive's up to level 10 LB now!

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

It's always time for TMR grinding. What are you talking about?

I haven't been able to much with these loving purecrysts costing EIGHTY THOUSAND McGUFFINS. gently caress whoever thought that was acceptable. I loving owe it to Ramza to have as many of these support purecrysts ready to go when his enhancements come though. He bothered to show up twice, might as well make the most of him. By my tally my team needs 6 of these things (3 for Ramza, 2 for Cecil, 1 for Refia). A third of the way there! :suicide:

In better news, I got my first Shine today! And perfect timing, since the next two weeks are gonna be TMR city! Gonna throw Hayate and Gaffgarion in the mix too and maybe Olive will break 1k damage.

edit: support purecrysts obtained and 5/7 kefkas got smashed together to make Ram-man a ribbon; can't stop the music, baby!

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 3, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

I really should try and grab one though, before the event goes away because my bonus level is so high and the event is so easy. I've been fairly lucky with my bomb and nepala encounters as well. After not seeing either for 20 runs, now they're coming about 1 in 5.

Lucky. I didn't see either of them for the entire first week :v: I earned that loving support purecryst 800 fish at a time.

edit: this reminds me of the egg event where a bunch of people were like 'lol if u do the event at all you'll get all 800 rainbow eggs' worth of purecrysts' and I got about 500 rainbow eggs total from the whole event, farming the dumb bears when I needed to do it quick, and Invincible Exploration when I had more time :(

Just bad luck I guess.

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 4, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Welp, I dunno if I can field a tanky enough team for trial bahamut, but my Olive's kicking ELT's teeth in. Stacked poach + Odin's dragonkiller is no joke. Gonna get a lot more raid pulls than I was able to on the Ifrit banner, and there's burst pots to be had this time! Eat the pots Olive. Eat them all.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Neat, got my third Exdeath from my free pull this morning! Now I can have my ghetto magic damage arena team: Olive because she's a tanky aoe'er (and mortar), Cecil because he's been loving clutch for soaking physical damage from guys like Luneth and Greg plus focus for that boost to my soon-to-be-two undergeared Exdeaths. Gonna feel good putting out like 7k damage in a single round. He came at the perfect time too, because I'm about out of people worth spending cactuars on. It's just him and Sakura since I think I'd rather use Setzer as a chainer than Chizuru, although I could field two Chizurus by myself + a friendlandu or something - is she worthwhile with/without enhancements or whatnot? Should I get one or both to 6*? I've also got two 5* Agriases just waiting for 6* and enhancements, but that's probably months away; just watch her get them before Ramza :(

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006

Dandywalken posted:

For Sacred Crystals, I should run Awakening - Int right? I need some 5's, just got to the Industrial City and area bosses are kicking my rear end or taking ten minutes to die.

Yep, int for more sacreds, adv for more holy's. I'm currently chain running int so I can 5* Exdeath and all the story characters besides Sakura (she got priority since she's useful beyond some future trials or whatever). Kind of lovely the last King Mog didn't have any sacred crystals for sale. Or megacytes either, but the bahamut gatcha's helping a bit with that.

edit: Hit the friend point cap today, so I'm doing 50 big free unit summons :v

Is there an easy way to display ONLY the friend point units so I can more easily combine and/or sell all these units?

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 13, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
I'm broke out with gold mages today!

Free summon, blue reforms to gold; gimme dat mage, loving gimme dat mage...

Not that mage :(

Well, I've got 29 tickets, let's burn one... GOLD CRYSTAL! Gimme that fuckin' mage!

...God drat it :suicide:

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
On the one hand, it takes Olive two turns to kill this elite boss because she needs to Shattering Shot, but on the other I can only run it half as often as usual, so I guess it all evens out :v:

And it looks like 80k purecrysts are just gonna be a thing, fuuuuuuck. Still gonna snag the support one probably, so I'll have 4/6 I need total. At least I'm set for Ramza's enhancements thanks to Bahamut.

edit: just got the last couple cactuars I needed to field Exdeath #3 in my arena team - tried it out and it is beautiful. I'm pretty sure I can one-turn-ko any character that isn't a boosted Cecil or similar.

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
So I've got a decent'ish 900 attack Olive as my friend unit, but I also have a little babby Elza, should I put her up as my friend unit for the event?

Also, rainbow + Tilith from 10 tickets, the luck.

• Locked thread