Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Vax posted:

Did they stealthbuff MarandaCoast Explo? Lightnings that before the update were not even close to in danger are now dead for sure if I dont heal them up / use tent. What happened?

Usually my accidentally grind deaths are because the ONE scorpion in the first zone landed poison and I didn't notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

I HAVE BEEN TOLD but cant confirm that particular materia does not stack with cheer/embolden/focus so it does not actually seem worth it

it has its uses, notably:

Arena: If enemy goes first, your Cecil turning that on mid-beatdown would help make him take even less damage.
Buff durations: After it is triggered, it never expires. It can be dispelled, but if overridden by a buff, it returns after the greater buff fades.

I think it's not bad to stick on a tank, really, in case something happened to buffs.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

if i got a vaan i could chill on trying to pull 5* base characters and not feel so bad. my roster is OKAY but i don't have a single actually great unit, like redia/cecil/cod/exdeath is all right but there's no serious firepower in there

edit: like i could farm four excaliburs but why am i even farming two :I

Refia/Cecil/CoD/Exdeath is literally my party. (well, okay fine, I *do* have Lightning on top of that, but hush.) That is a super solid team.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

i actually want to play this game and need to collect some of the lapis from completing the achievements in the zones and i still need carbuncle but also i am 2% away from my first dualcast and its driving me loving nuts to not grind it out immediately

also i don't know what to do with my new trust moogle now that i am tm grinding. should i use it to boost one of the things im grinding up. doublehand? blade mastery? take excalibur from 20-30%?

Doublehand is only good for Garland, or as a stepping stone to tide you over until Dual Wield. Not worth a moogle.

Excalibur is alright, but worthless in arena. Will be better obviously when Orlandu is out, but not moogle-worthy.

Blade Mastery is one of the strongest not-Dual Wield things to have, especially if you have a Sakura backing it up. Even just a Murasame makes it better than any other weapon.

You could just save the moogle in case you get a Zidane/Gilgamesh, though.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

:smug:

But no, I kitted her out like this for your Antonella needs (I have a second Bracer), feel free to gimme a yell on Discord if I don't have you added and I'll make room.

And yeah, I actually don't have anything better than Demonic Life yet. Working on Maxwell and Karl.

e: and she's on Ifrit for another Plant Killer.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 30, 2016

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

The ATK +10% recipe is in the water temple silver chest.

Yeah, I know, but I've been busy TMing. It's not that important when I have Maxwell and Karl coming down soon.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Armitage posted:

Bleh, arena reward summon ticket today? I don't even use the arena, my team isn't up to snuff.

Beat ADV Gilgamesh, used ticket and got another Leo. Is his Aegis Shield any good that I can grind for multiples or is it safe to combine?

Arena tickets are for summoning loot like stat pots, getting ten is really good, no actual arenaing required.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Every time I flipped to Discord to talk to people (hey people join the Discord) I'd lose about 50 ranks. crazy times. I probably got about 70-80 runs in.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mile'ionaha posted:

One for your tank and one for your healer.

If your healer is Refia, she doesn't need Aegis, give her the fat chocobo Force Shield instead. She's already immune to petrify.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Armitage posted:

Time to do awakening dungeons for crystals for my exdeaths...

*sees one monster instead of the normal two* *gives up* what a waste of energy.

Why does that happen anyway? Really, isn't there supposed to be two monsters per round in these dungeons? Every time there's one monster, I only get one item and it's never a crystal.

EDIT: looks like PRO is fine, maybe that's the best source for these crystals now? I liked the energy efficiency of the INT level, but if it's gonna be like that, well, guess PRO it is then

Why give up? you lose the energy either way, may as well shoot for the moon.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

Is anybody else still grinding away at the gears? I got the fist weapon and talisman and I should have the last of the summon tickets later today or tomorrow. I should be able to get the 30k moogle sometime into next week but unless they add a fight that drops more gears and activate Lightnings bonus, that's probably going to be it for me. I'm saving the gigantaurs to see if I can snag waifu #2.

Don't do the moogle. the math on it is literally so bad, that you can get over 10% on FIVE UNITS by spending the same energy.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Tagichatn posted:

I meant one specific character cause there aren't many characters that would use L&A other than Exdeath. 30% mag is good for any mage just like bracers are good for any physical attacker.

Actually it's almost a point in his favor, if you think about it the other way. Exdeath gets crazy high magic power WITHOUT dipping into the mage pool of gear. So you can gear two mages out incredibly well without gear shuffling.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I pulled. Golden Vanille'd.

I was hoping for a good non-banner character like Garland or Exdeath though.

Gonna get me those tickets and maybe...

gimme your Vanille. GIMME.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shark Tower posted:

New trials on wiki.

Use attack abilities? You're boned.

Use black magic? Also boned.

Don't use either? Every 4 turns, one chara gets straight up boned.

Better hope you've got refia plus good autoattackers.

ATTENTION GOONS: I have prepared. Yell at me on Discord if you have not got me on your list, this is probably one of the best ways we can get through this poo poo trial.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shark Tower posted:

Wouldn't a ribbon be better than one of those bracers? Trial boss's got a 50% paralyze attack he'll use normally, and a threshold 100% area of effect blind (plus silence) attack that'll likely happen three times unless you really blitz him down.

Otherwise, that's a pretty sweet lightning no doubt.

I figured the damage/HP bonus from the bracer was worth Esuna-ing her every so often. I do HAVE a Ribbon, though, so if that is necessary I can put it on her.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shark Tower posted:

I guess it's hard to say. My general approach to trials tends to favor surviveability over damage racing, which has served me pretty well so far. It's up to you of course.

No, I'm generally the same way about this, and usually have the ribbon on her. But this jerk is a damage race because of the 5-round guaranteed death, so I'd rather waste half of Refia's turn on an Esuna then lose the 30 attack that might be needed. Plus most everyone has CoD or a healer with Esuna by now. I think.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
riiiip, another four hours, WHAT DID THEY EVEN DO

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Daily Pull: Vanille! Huzzah, I was trying for her.

Dragon Trip report: Guys, I seriously encourage you take take my Lightning. I four-rounded the bastard, he got one attack off.

Party - Lightning, CoD, Refia, Cecil, Fenrir's Lightning
Round 1: Failed to Aura Ball (I guess he's immune), Embolden, Cheer, autoattacks of doom. Did enough damage to cause him to trigger Boost.
Round 2: Tried Deprotect (also failed), autoattacks. Tanked through Release (did about 3000 damage to everyone)
Round 3: Comeback, Dualcast Curajas, Sacred Guard, Autoattacks. Triggered his Boost again.
Round 4. Autoattacks, he dead yo, Grand Helm get.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Added you. Anyone have tips for killing Anetolla? Currently have Cecil, CoD, Rydia, Arc and Terra maxed. Could swap in an Ingus for full break if it would help.

Your team makeup is... less than optimal for the plant, because you want to single target and kill each part one at a time, starting from top right and working clockwise. Aura Ball on CoD will help you out a lot. You really need some good physical damage, though.

e:

Evil Fluffy posted:

You need to boot people. :(

Only running exdeath lead atm but feel free to add me if you get a free spot: 155,948,655

I booted someone and tossed you an invite!

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Dec 9, 2016

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Random urge to burn a ticket.

That'll do, game, that'll do. (My first one, I've been chasing him for quite a while.)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

ApplesandOranges posted:

Daily got me my third Exdeath.

I mean I guess I can retire my two Arcs now? Except that urgh the effort needed to get my second and third Exdeaths up to L80 6* for Doublecast. I still have a second CoD I haven't even started raising, and Refia isn't even 6* yet.

Prioritize that Refia, man, it's a gamechanger.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Aaaand noctis abilities out, and he's loving DUMB.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Palleon posted:

Over/under: 10% chance maintenance ends at originally scheduled time.

Everyone loses, Maintenance is over, THIRTY MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED TIME. No one would have bet on that.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Skyridge posted:

Burned all 23 summon tickets because I really want a Chizuru and Noctis seems stupid good. Highlights include:

2nd Locke (first was yesterday in my daily half-price pull)
5th and 6th Zidanes (seriously, what the hell)
3rd Hayate (that makes three in like 1 week)
2nd Snow (the bonus from Champion's Belt doesn't stack, does it?)
14th loving Arc
3rd Xiao
3rd Bartz
and nothing else of note.

the bonus from Champion's Belt DOES stack, actually.

also I got a Noctis! :toot: Took four tickets.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Lightning, your carry days were great, but sadly, I need your stuff. :(

And here's the dang jerk thief that has stolen your spot on the friend list (gimme a yell if you need an add):

e: Also the moogle is not always above the door.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Dec 17, 2016

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

this is the banner of me spending 250 lapis every day on 5% trust moogles that exclusively work on charlotte!

you say that, but that type of Trust Moogle actually does exist in JP, apparently. 5% but only for a specific character. Which I don't really get but eh.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Dec 18, 2016

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Made some room from people who haven't logged in in forever. Add me and get that sucker! 472,211,176

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

I had my wife's account send you an invite. If a few other whale goons (or anybody really) could also send her an invite, she would be grateful.

Added! I'm not a whale though, just lucky. HARUMPH. (also I spent wisely on TMs instead of on pulls)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

I would be the biggest whale if this were a thing.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Hardbody posted:

It being base magic is arguably better in the long run. Its already better on exdeath with L&A. Its an insane mage TMR.

gently caress this banner. I will not even daily pull. Cerius is super niche and green mage sucks because with a little bit of research you can just give Cecil the appropriate Bar- spell and dualcast it. If he is any good at all it will be for very few things. Medius is going to be crap. You cant salvage that. They both exist to eat your pulls.

I am pretty excited about the christmas raid though.

it's not base Magic, it's just Equipment Bonus magic, it doesn't get multiplied by % bonuses.

That said, a fully potted Exdeath gets 51 magic off Vanille's 30% Accessory. So this is pretty much better than the best in slot for mages. Enjoy. :(

e: The only time a stat from equipment is multiplied is Doublehand, which multiples any flat Attack bonus (does not multiply % bonuses)

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 19, 2016

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

KDdidit posted:

Finally got around to killing the plant. Took Dana's Noctis because it still had plant killer on it, well that and the 770 attack. Brought my 2 Lightnings, Agrias, Cecil, and Refia. Glad I waited until I finished up the dualcast TM for Refia. Cecil would get curbstomped pretty often and was nice to raise him and throw a curaja out on the same turn. Wish I had a CoD to give the mace too, but when Butz isn't trying to gale barrage petrify people with the Golem staff he can use it.

You made me do a doubletake, because I knew I hadn't ever put Plant Killer on Noctis, went to go look, and remembered he was sitting on Ifrit so that's why he had it. Phew.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Captaindirtnap posted:

There IS a macro for it, and it changes everything for me. Imagine checking Memu every few hours and having the pleasure of just applying a shedload of Cactaurs to your unit of choice.

Also, your idea makes me want to drop money for the second time in this game. I'd get so many TMs progressed with 100 refreshes.

Having done this myself, you would get 5 done, assuming all were solo ones.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
:frogsiren: Fenrir got Noctis, you can resume hating him now. :frogsiren:

:toot: Grats Fenrir. :)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Shingouryu posted:

Managed to get my Moogle thanks to Dana's ridiculous Noctis. Her final magic barrage killed everyone in my party except Noel who, while useful for drawing flares, can't do crap for damage to her and Dana who had a couple 100 HP to spare. One warp break later and I have my moogle. Thanks Dana!

Hooray! You are welcome, glad to hear people are still getting mileage out of my friend unit.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Yun and Ling's self-attack buffs assumedly only work for autoattacks (it says next normal attack).

Yun innately has two-hit combo, the Twin Lance/Aurora Scarf passive.

Ling could make actual use of Aurora Scarf (never thought I'd say that)

Both would benefit from 20-sided Die (Ling moreso to stack her dodge to a whopping 60% without ANYTHING else), and the huge crit bonuses (to buff their already super high crit and more chance to make the autoattack crush)

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 25, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Randi is currently a 98/100 after enhancements in JP, and is considered part of the top-tier new meta Doublehand users. If we follow suit, our version of Randi might be tippy-top tier since he's coming out of the gate with more stuff.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

m.hache posted:

Welp game crashed during ELT Captain and now it won't load. Dandy.

Someone on Reddit had that problem and had to Restore the app, but that fixed it supposedly.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Nuebot posted:

Which stacks with her TM gun. But I think what they mean is in JP you can equip multiple double hand materia and be god-king of damage.

I hear that JP's only lets you stack to 300%, which most of out double-handed type units can hit easily when we get that jerk Cloud.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

HGH posted:

The Arena is still crashing my game every time I try to enter even after using Restore Data. What do I do? Delete the game and redownload it all?

Unfortunately, you are straight up screwed for this week. Your arena points are miscalculated since you crashed during the victory adding. You can send a ticket in, but I almost guarantee you they will not fix it before it fixes itself. Next Friday on reset. :(

(this happened to me a while back)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Varance posted:

Edit: If you were around for Big Bridge, he can use Twin Lance to hit twice with Hyper Dive, no dual wield required.

This does not work. Had Twin Lance on, Hyper Dive only hit once. Why must you get my hopes up like that?

• Locked thread