Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

So, I know someone said it takes a few days to get them, but has anyone else seen rewards from last week's arena yet? I still haven't. I'm wondering if the tiers being messed up screwed us all out of rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Hmmm, do I kit out Buttz or do I make Exdeath silly next. So many decisions! My primary team is physical so Buttz is probably smarter, but Exdeath was my MVP unit for so long back when I first started!

MVP units in order:

Garland: first rare pull, carried me through a lot!
Exdeath: first top tier pull. Started carrying once Garland couldn't cut it anymore.
Chorizo: first natural barrage user
Dracu Lasswell: First 6* unit and base 5* unit

Those all have a special place in my heart!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Chen Kenichi posted:

Does this mean my next pull will be a lightning?

And mine will be a Ramza?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

SquirrelGrip posted:

yeah i got this today

is it good?

I mean, he's only the best mage that Global will see for a long time. He can dual cast meteor without an TMs. I guess he's alright.

Oh yea, and he gets 30% humans, birds, beasts, plants and bugs killer with all his spells. And his own version of Holy that hits all enemies and ignores 25% spirit, though it is a skill so I imagine you can't dual cast it.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 23, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

AegisP posted:

Once Excalibur #2 finishes, I'm going to have to sit down and figure out whether to keep Dual-Wield on Elza, or move it over to Bartz. Stupid Elza and her weapon equipment restrictions.

I think dual-Excalibur on Bartz is going to out damage dual-spear Elza.

Yea, only having one dual wield is a pain for me too. I think I might build up Buttz and slap it on him, then just put all 4 Spooky Aura's on Dracu Lasswell with my Excalibur and put the rest of the big damage stuff on Buttz (dual wield, blade mastery, Shakirabufuki, Gungnir) then start grinding double hand for CoD.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

AegisP posted:

Hmm, on second running of the numbers, looks like Elza still pulls ahead. Buttz, however, seems to be able to just break 500 ATK with Doublehand on himself and an Excalibur which is much better than I figured it would end up. So I might go that route with him instead.

Once Garland gets his 6* increase, he's going to become my Doublehand beast. One of you math wiz guys tell me what he'd be at with Doublehand, Excalibur, 2x Bracer, Dark Helm, 10% atk x2 (Recipe should be out by then,) Barrage and a Power of Creation. Has to be over 700 at least right? Without Dual Wield.

EDIT: Need a Barrage though, his single target dps would be pretty lacking without it.

EDIT: vvvv Yea, but I only have one dual wield, I can put it on someone else and have two characters who hit harder than a truck.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 23, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

AegisP posted:

Couple things: Your materia on 6* Garland would want to include a Doublehand. Doublehand (materia) stacks with Doublehand (unit passive). It just doesn't stack with itself on GL for some reason, so you can't run 4 copies of the materia.

I'm also not sure you need Barrage. 6* Garland gets a 140% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & AoE 3 Turn -50% Dark Resist attack, which is 280% normalized the first hit, and then at least 25% more damage on subsequent hits if you add Dark element to his attacks (which he has an ability for).

But yes, your setup with Barrage and a Doublehand materia inplace of one of the 10% ATK works out to 705 ATK with a maxed Ifrit.

Edit: And when Enhancements come out for him, he gains +50% more on his Doublehand passive which gives you +97 ATK more, so you could break 800 then. And his attack I mentioned goes up to 180% and -75% Dark Resist which means you really don't need Barrage at that point, so you can stuff more ATK materia on him.

Oh yea, that's right they do stack! I am doing this for sure then. I'll try with and without Barrage I guess! Thanks for the math!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Mile'ionaha posted:

350 is better, but I bought the 1200, too.

10 giant cactuars is ~75 energy.
10 secret crystals is ~100 energy.

Which is about 200 lapis for me.

Summon tickets are 500.

The other stuff is just icing.

Yea, the 10 Sacred Crystals are worth it to me, god I hate grinding for those. I have terrible luck with them and spent probably 300 in refreshes to get the 15 I needed for Refia.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 25, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Servaetes posted:

pulled 15 times with tickets, got 4 Exdeaths, a Bartz, and two Faris. No Gilgamesh but thems the beats. Still gonna half off pull though.

How good is Doublehand, or should I just like TM farm with two Bartz and fuse em? I know Bartz himself isn't terribly special at 6*

Doublehand is ok, but it gets really good if you put it on one of the characters with their own native doublehand, like Garland or Demon Rain since their native doublehand stacks with the materia.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Quick arena question for all of you that know a poo poo ton more than I do.

So I'm currently rocking a team of Cecil cod draclaz arc and exdeath until I can get the mats together for my 3 other exdeaths. In the mean time am I better chaining a double cast elemental like firaga with ex and arc or am I better off doubling Meteor and an elemental? Does the elemental chain add more than Meteor does? It's hard to tell which does more damage because the numbers fly by so quick.

I think the chained elementals do more damage on average but I wasn't certain. Also would it make more sense then to drop draclaz or Cecil for kefka to chain up a bunch of thundagas ? I very much appreciate any advice I can get

Most things die to dual Meteor and Black Mist. Anything you add after that is just gravy. Arc and CoD chaining lightning and Cecil can just hang out since Focus can't be used this week.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Gah how did I forget about black mist. Man I need to pay more attention to the lesser used stuff like that. I suppose I could plug in dk Cecil too for dark cannon black mist Meteor and double lightning. Awesome thanks for the reply that should help a whole bunch

No problem, also, if Dracu Lasswell is dual wielding, Black Mist fires twice, for anyone that didn't know that part!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

It stacks, you just can't equip more than one.

If you have it innately, it doesn't count as having one "equipped", so you can equip one, getting two. If there's ever an equipment that grants it, that'd stack too.

If they give an equipment with it and eventually an esper with it, then you could have 200% equipment bonus which would be fun!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

AegisP posted:

Monthly arena resets, guy at top of my opponent's list at 1.50 ratio with Exdeath lead but only rank 68: 4 FP units and Zidane.

I love free ranking points. Got 4 games off him.

Haha I just fought that same guy I think, had Rizer, Tronn, Liza, Baurg and Zidane.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I wonder if it works for the collosseum for the new players? Would be nice to be able to grind through it real fast.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm still going strong.

Me too, I got an error trying to enter one fight, but then after relogging, it still works and I still have 5 orbs after a couple more fights.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Wait, you mean this isn't just a secret unannounced event? I assume they wanted to stress test their arena system or something.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

The SA naughty list.

Does this mean Santa is leaving me coal this year?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Tengames posted:

lovely OCs. Judging by thier wiki pages they suck.

Soleil gets a 60% buff dance for every main stat, 30% entire party confuse, sleep, blind and silence songs and immunity herself to sleep, paralyze, confuse and petrify. If she can use white magic materia she might be a pretty useful support character, especially in areana.

Lawrence looks very mediocre though, but he does get inherent barrage which might make him useful if you are lacking a Chorizo, CoD, Butz or one of the other 6* barragers.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I got another Sabin! Yes!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I could have had my 2 bracers done by now! This is a bit ridiculous.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I am saying right now that if they give us a free Bedile with a road cone for a hat as compensation, I'm sticking all of my TMs on him and making him my permanent friend unit.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Kitted out Kain to 490 atk with double Dragon Killer and twin lance. He should be very good at killing the 2 headed dragon. I will leave him up for a couple of days so people can use him to beat the trial.

EDIT: Yep, he's good at it. Dragon went down without much trouble and now I have a fancy new hat.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Dec 9, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

kalensc posted:

Cool, thanks again! I'll try relying on resets and items next time.

I just noticed I have 100% in trust moogles saved up. Is there a better option than Ludmille's Dualcast? I don't have a Zidane unfortunately.

Which units do you have? If you have a Refia then Dualcast is really good. If you have an all mage team with some non-Exdeaths/non-Arcs then Dualcast is really good. If you have mostly attackers you might want to look at stuff like Blade Mastery from Chorizo or one of the big weapons (Rising Sun, Excalabur, Save The Queen, etc)

Or you can just save them and keep praying for a Zidane.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 9, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

kalensc posted:

3x ExDeath, Golbez, Vaan
2x Cecil, CoD
1x Agrias, Lenna, Arc, Kefka, Celes, Terra, Chiruzu, Bartz, Maxwell

Off the top of my head they form the majority of my top teams

In tems of future-proofing a DualCast for a great healer is more useful than a great but-mild-upgrade weapon yea?

Yes, though you don't have a great healer to use with it at the moment, so by the time you get one, you might have another 100% in moogles saved up. I am more of a get something that is useful now kind of guy but you do make a good point.

Really though it looks like you are very mage heavy so the physical stuff wouldn't be amazing for you at the moment anyway. If I were in your spot I'd probably just save them for now.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

1/2 price today was Fang, I never mind when I pull a character I don't have yet. I decided to blow a ticket on the new banner (had 31, need to have even numbers!) and got another Cecil. Maybe I'll start working on his LB and eventually replace my 6* one with him AND eventually I'll have a second Excalibur, though I don't place it as super important since every big tough enemy seems to be resistant to holy and I have to take the one I have off of my characters anyway.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

The so-called "improved pull rates" is definitely just confirmation bias. I pulled a Clyne on my last two half price pulls.

No way man, it's real!

*pulls again and gets a gold crystal... Russel*

Ok, maybe it's confirmation bias.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Shark Tower posted:

Christ all you people suddenly pulling 1.5% odds lightnings and Gregs, not to mention multiple Zidanes.

Yea, it's REALLY making me want to do an 11 pull. Must... hold... out... for... Orlandu...

If I'm going to get 11x Bediled, it may as well be while going after TG Cid!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I have been playing since beta and have gotten exactly 1 rainbow crystal. Hopefully my luck is just saving up for Orlandu.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

a licky boom boom down

Infooorma! You know somealana I go blaaaaam.

Nobody will ever convince me the lyrics are anything other than that right there.

I kitted out Chiz and I honestly think Dracu Lasswell was more effective, even though everyone rates Chorizo higher.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Shingouryu posted:

Since I just awakened Chiz and stuffed her face full of cactaurs, it's really tempting to smash together my primary Zidane (89.2 after the 30k moogle) with my secondary Zidane (10.2), though I know it'd screw me over in the long run and I'd probably never draw another Zidane.

Don't do it! I only have one Zidane and I've been playing since beta. You might never see him again...

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I spent 1 last chance Lightning ticket and got my 10th or so Krille.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

50 pulls, 0 rainbow crystals, 1 more Chorizo and 1 more Zidane. Not thrilled, but at least I can get a second blade mastery and a second dual wield.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I know this is only the first day of this banner, but I hate you alllllll.

This. 1000% this.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Son of a bitch. 50 summons and the only unit of note I got from the whole loving lot was a second chiz. Not a single solitary rainbow in what's probably now my last 100 plus pulls. I'm seriously so jealous of all you people that seem to land almost every 5 star banner guy, esp if you've got a lightning and Luneth or noctus. I just want one of those dagnabit. Oh well once I get about five more trust moogles I'll finally have a dual wield I can pop on her or cod. I really wish my dumb babby computer would run that tm grind program but I guess some things are just not meant to be.

On the plus side I did manage to max out my 6 star chiz. Since I don't have any crazy tms she's pretty basic compared to everyone else's stuff, coming in at like 455 Atk. I'm guessing people would still prefer my 450 something exdeath since he has dual cast but if anyone wants to try her out and see what she can do I think I'll put her up there for the next few days

I am at well over 200 pulls, probably close to 300 and my only base 5* unit is Dracu Lasswell. I'm still hoping all my luck is just piling up for Orlandu and I'll draw 5 in a row.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

I've never seen or even heard of Cerius until this announcement. Medius looks cool, what are the odds he gets innate DW? His sprite has two guns.

I have two of each, but the first one I drew of both were within the last month or so. I got my 7th Kefka today for 1/2 price pulls. I already have 3 Exdeaths game, why would I need 7 Kefkas!? I only ever even need 5 ribbons max!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

He'll get Dual Guns, like dual wield but only works for guns.

That would be awesome, it would give me a reason to start grinding these:

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

There is exactly one move Medius needs to be competitive, and that's Dual Wield. If he has baked-in Dual Wield he'll be worth consideration even if he's got Bedile stats.

Yea, I'm still crossing my fingers for "Dual Guns" so I can have a reason to cook all my mustardios.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

If Jonnes is a goon; please set a proper companion character. Your Rain having-ness is risking your rear end.

The moment you get him to 100 he's great enough to be a companion unit until later notice. Utility so mad I threw my healer out.

I like having a Rain on my friends list so that I can use him for all the silly quests that require him as I'm grinding out free lapis.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I used my two tickets I got today and my free pull and got:

Agrias, Ludmille, Celes. I know I shouldn't be annoyed at that pull, and I really don't mind the second Agrias, but I don't think I needed the 4th Ludmille or the 2nd Celes and really think I'm due a 5* game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Bought the special bundle and spent the 10 tickets:

3* Charlotte
4* Chorizo
3* Charlotte
3* Garland
3* Locke
3* Duane
3* Locke
3* Vaan
4* Xiao
4* Clyne

Well... let's do an 11 pull with some of the lapis!

4* Mercedes
3* Charlotte
3* Luna
4* Cerius
3* Charlotte
3* Russel
3* Charlotte
3* Luna
3* Fran
3* Sazh
5*... Celes

Well I can't bitch about not getting 5* units anymore I guess.

• Locked thread