Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Gumi has an event in thier facebook page where you get a summon ticket and some gigatuars if you're over rank 15 and post a screenshot of your character page. It lasts until 12/8
https://www.facebook.com/notes/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/race-to-rank-15/692786827549867

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I don't have a garland though :(

I guess I'll shove both bartz in a party eventually, as this farm party fills out. One of my shantottos seems to be doing crazy good and is over 5% already.

garland should show up on a banner when he gets his awakening and can finally equip doublehand but that should be a few months away, plenty of time to tm macro doublehand/ collect enough moogles to get one.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dias posted:

I dunno what was up with DS remakes and making the games a lot more difficult than they used to be, because FF4DS (while still being pretty good) can also get pretty nasty.

the games were made for people who had already played the original games so they were made mroe difficult/given gimmicks to change it up. FF4: the after years was made around the same time and some bosses pretty much require you to know how all of ff4's mechanics work to survive even random encounters.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

How do you people not value your free time? Just run the ADV xp vortex and spend those other hours doing something else with your life instead of ensuring you burn out as fast as humanly possible.

I would hope anyone grinding explorations would be using macros to do it. Seriously use macros/switch controls

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nor the whales lifetime apparently, there arent any confirmed cases of anyone ever crafting the ring. This thankfully means you can ignore it and just try to reach 60 trophies for the actually obtainable rings.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

They will at the very least reset the rankings else they feel the wrath of whales who spend money for arena refills screaming that its unfair

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

What's with all the stuff that's Hope/Fang only? Does that mean they're going to split the banner in half like they did with the FFT event?
thats my bet. I would not suggest spending any summon tickets on this banner until the 2nd week, if you really want to at all.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Vax posted:

Daily: 4th Zidane :shrug:

Chen Kenichi posted:

I normally would be angry at this, but today's 1/2 was my first Zidane :toot:

Here to join the daily pull zidane party :toot: Time to grind my 2nd dual weild.
is this secretly a good banner???

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

He's a decent counter tank if you dont have cecil, or a decent arena unit since he counters magic too.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

he gains several skills that make him an amazing tank.
rather then just vaguely describe them let me list the skills he gets on his new awakening.
code:
Hope: 	+100% DEF after HP drops below 30%
Pride of Warrior: 	30% Chance Counter Magic w/] Self Recover 25% HP/MP
Encourage: 	AoE 5 Turn +45% ATK/DEF 	
Brave Presence: 	1 Turn +100% Chance to be Targeted
Armor Erasor: 	AoE 3 Turn -45% DEF/SPR Debuff
Arms Eraser: 	AoE 3 Turn -45% ATK/MAG Debuff
The Light is with Us: 	3 Turn 50% Chance to Defend Allies (Reduce +50% Phys./Mag. Damage)
Note that armor erasor and arms erasor are AoE and reduce more then fullbreak does.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 5, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Thread is dead tonight, it's almost like this event is rear end and the banner is rear end. Usually we get at least 2-3 Bediled and Shadowned posts, but nobody is pulling from this garbage.

Ive been posting in the discord but ive been pulling on dalies and tickets this week and ive drawn:
Bartz
Chizuru
zidane
Arc
Ingus
and sabin, bedile, etc
This banner has been downright genrous to me.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

remember folks, when people in the discord chat pressure you to pull, do it

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

I've read the Orlandu banner is coming up, but who else was on his banner? Did the other FFT units get a rate up? Because while I am not banking on hitting the 6* jackpot out of it, I wouldn't mind a chance at getting Agrias. She would round out my team really well, as well as having that eventual 6* upgrade.

...Orlandu would also help, but chasing the dragon has burned me before in these games.

Gumi has been doing some of the banners out of order and a few with different characters (we actually got a better ff5 banner since the JP one didnt have bartz and exdeath on it )

The JP banner, according to the the exvius wiki had Orlandu, Soleil, Lawrence, and Ovelia, with orlandu being the only base 5. We might see gumi stack it with razma and friends, just to lower the odds since people are gonna megawhale for it.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Who the hell is Soleil and Lawrence

lovely OCs. Judging by thier wiki pages they suck.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I'm going to save my attack pots for Orlandu. Once my exdeath hits 6* I'm going to feed my mag pots to him. Is SPR just for healing?

SPR is also magic defence, so even if it doesnt boost healing that much, it helps make your healer/cecils slightly more durable too.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

rio posted:

Any advice where to get gil and lots of it? I got 35 gigantuars from gears and realized, poo poo I don't have any gil. Should I be getting it in the vortex or is there a better way?

get 5 lovely friend point units that are level 1,one star rarity. get a 300+mag friend mage, and have it carry them through ADV exp vortex. all 5 1 star characters will immediately max out thier level and you can sell them for several thousand gil each.
you can also max out one star units with a single minituar, which is honestly the best use for them as that small amount of exp isnt worth using on the characters you actually want to level especially with the cost of fusing to a high rarity unit.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The man called M posted:

Are there any ways to restore MP other than Ethers and Bartz's Suicide Skill?

they're all character specific like Lance, convert, etc

there's also traffic cone fina's skill but it only gives 10% mp back.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

AegisP posted:

At this point, I'm interested in just how the hell they managed to gently caress up this badly for an update that added a single Trial, preparation for a new banner, and maybe advance Christmas preparation?

that race to rank 15 event ends today, and they got 8.3k comments in thier facebook page for the event where you submit a profile picture. I feel utteraly sorry for the saps working at gumi if it turns out they have to manually check over 8000 accounts and then manually add prizes to all of them.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The man called M posted:

Considering who's on the banner tomorrow, why the hell is everyone wasting their tickets right now?:crossarms:

I was trying for a 2nd snow, as it turns out his champion's belt tm stacks which means a whopping 60 atk+40% if you can equip 2 on him. no luck, but did get another arigas and kefka, and savethequeen/ribbons are always welcome.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Daily Pull: Vanille! Huzzah, I was trying for her.

Dragon Trip report: Guys, I seriously encourage you take take my Lightning. I four-rounded the bastard, he got one attack off.

Party - Lightning, CoD, Refia, Cecil, Fenrir's Lightning
Round 1: Failed to Aura Ball (I guess he's immune), Embolden, Cheer, autoattacks of doom. Did enough damage to cause him to trigger Boost.
Round 2: Tried Deprotect (also failed), autoattacks. Tanked through Release (did about 3000 damage to everyone)
Round 3: Comeback, Dualcast Curajas, Sacred Guard, Autoattacks. Triggered his Boost again.
Round 4. Autoattacks, he dead yo, Grand Helm get.

I took mine and another lightning with excalibur so while the light resist slowed it down, it went about the same but longer. having Cecil, his limit break,+golem pretty much neutred any threat this guy was.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 9, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

There's a hilarious/disturbing bug happening to me in Arena right now. Dual-wield Gale Barrage Bartz will keep hitting people who are dead if there are no valid targets left, including damage numbers popping up. Should I be concerned?

Death is merely a suggestion in the arena, and its common to see your characters attack corpses, and dead/ petrified cecils leap in front of another person to save them.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

What makes you say that? I don't think posts from this thread is enough to assume that.

there's also been posts on the reddit and fanforums suggesting this is also the case. The bediling rate was extremely high prior to snow's banner so its incredibly obvious that the rates have changed. My guess is they did this just in time to make megawhaling for the really good units a lot less painful.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

dewer posted:

FYI, if you emulate you should be able to spin up an amazon VM and get 3 free tickets.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5hjqep/potential_3_tickets_via_amazon/

To explain, the amazon undergrond version couldn't buy lapis so they're giving 3 summon tickets as compensation. you don't need to have previously used amazon underground to get them. If you aren't already using that version in memu/nox, just make a new instance, install the amazon underground app, then open that app and install FFBE into it. If you're linked to facebook, you should be able to log in and snag the free tickets in your mail.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Rigel posted:

How does the crystal shattering into a crystal thing work? If its yellow to rainbow, does that mean its always going to be only a base 4 star but we decided to awaken it to 5 for you, or is there a chance that it could be a base 5 star? When I got lightning they didn't fool around, just straight rainbow crystal.

its just a fakeout. for reference , my dracwell is base 5, but he came from a blue crystal that reformed into gold then reformed into rainbow.
It gets silly when you do an 11 pull because the first one is always garunteed gold, but sometimes it'll sometimes show up as blue which makes it really obvious.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Rigel posted:

OK, how about the other way around. If the crystal shows up rainbow, is that always base 5 or is it sometimes awakened?

it can be something awakened. JP got an update a while back where all rainbows give base 5 and all golds give base 4, but we're still a few months before we reach that update.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

did the only single daily ive done on this banner and got fang. figure id find a use for equip spear, probably for twin lance shenanigans in arena.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

My issue isnt how many rolls you get since they do hand out summon tickets at every event. What gets me is the horrible power creep. Ive had games where getting the best gear can last me a whole year before its time to upgrade, and not only can you just get some bum draws that screw you over, but i cant even see why'd youd spend a ton of money on even the best characters when there's going to be an even insanely better one just a month later?

Evil Fluffy posted:

$50 for every banner character would likely lose them far more money than they'd gain. Whales would spend a fraction of their current amounts while F2Pers would still not spend money and you'd get a few new spends here and there but assuming it'd be a net gain is unlikely.
This is the worst part, these games pretty much dont give a gently caress about f2p, a whale will propably give more payout then 1000 regular players, your job is to give the whales someone to brag to when they finally pull orlandu. Also keep in mind not every whale is a rich person, there are people who throw away life savings on these kinda games because it feeds on gambling impulses and pretty much any game with a lootbox works like this.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 17, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

Sometimes I wonder if these gacha games would be nearly as big money makers if they existed in a world without forums/the internet. If it wasn't for you guys telling me who's good and who isn't, I'd still be rolling through story content with Kuja/Golbez/Kefka/Vivi/Luna. I'd also have no idea that half the characters even exist, and have no reason to spend anything on the gacha.

JP doesnt have the foresight that we do, so they typically just throw thier money at the newest hotness and it seems to work

Tengames fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 18, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

insideoutside posted:

What the gently caress is a "dolphin"?
word people made up for those who spend 100+ USD on a game but arent in the "whale " category of dumping literal thousands to get what they want.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

insideoutside posted:

What did they nerf with Noctis vs the Japanese version?

all of his stats and attacks got dropped in power in addition to his buffs, and they straight up removed one of his abilities, so basically everything.

edit: Here's a link to a thread on the fan forums explaining it, he got nerfed hard to match the current powercurve of the global version. not even his trust mastery survived the nerf.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 18, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Vax posted:

Raise.

"too many TMRs to grind" i guess because he spent all his lapis for refreshes on getting 5 noctis instead #firstwhaleproblems.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

HGH posted:

At 6* level 52, Firion gets Heavy Breaker:
+30% ATK when equipped with Axe & +30% ATK when equipped with Hammer & +30% ATK when equipped with Lance & +30% ATK when equipped with Knuckle

I don't particularly see what the point of the Knuckles is but I'm guessing the options for good hammers and Lances aren't plentiful.
Snow's trust mastery, the champions belt gives +30 atk and an additional +20% if the weilder is using a fist weapon and it stacks with itself. So if you have two belts on firion and a kaiser fist, he's getting a +40% atk in additon to the +60 the belts give, and an extra 30% from his weapon mastery skill so +70% total. And hes still got another weapon to get mastery bonuses with if you dual weild

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

HGH posted:

Is that the closest you can get to the 300% cap on stat bonuses?

the closest you can get is 4 letters and arms , two of vanille's TM accesories, and an enchancer, which would put exdeath at 260% MAG (i dont know if that would include his innate Mag+30% skill, which would otherwise make him 290%)

If you gave Terra all these things, a brave suit, the upcoming festival cap, and if her innate Mag+20% counted towards the total, you'd hit the 300% cap.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

So the banner characters for this event are a elemental resistance buff caster against enemies who ignore elements and just cast instant death. a guy with draw attacks who will draw said instant death, a healer who can't revive people who die to said instant death, and a tank that casts ice and wind magic against an enemy with 80% resist to ice and wind magic. GJ gumi.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 23, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

baram. posted:

did anyone get mismatched product id and have any luck getting in touch with support? sent a ticket the 21st and nothing so far.

i think this is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

I sent email both ingame and via gumi's website and still nothing. if i dont hear anything in one week im contacting amazon for a refund.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

Do you folks drop LB pots on the closest you have to a permanently in all groups character, or are there ones that get so remarkably better than anybody else that they deserve it better?

For me its characters Im going to use for a while, and in the near future. My mag pots were going to exdeath and all my HP and def pots were going to the refia in my party, but instead of dracwell, i was putting atk pots on firion in anticipation for his awakening, though now they're going to lightning atm. in addition now that refia is maxed im putting hp and def pots on WoL since ill replace cecil with him when his awakening comes around (and the current content hasn't necessarily required me using it on Cecil. )

edit: oh limit break pots. I just look at what uses the limit breaks have and typically use them on characters with buffs/debuffs, as limit breaks arent that useful for damage.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 29, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

We already get 90 a day if you include arena.

with the 2 5 lapis missions you can techically get up to 100 a day as is.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

odinson posted:

Thanks Mile'ionaha!

Does the OP's advice of roll till any 5* star with a top rating still apply or should I look for anyone specifically? Maybe a 4* with a great TM or a sleeper card? Still brand new to this

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings
These rankings give a good idea what to reroll for if you want a good group,you can try for someone in the unit rankings by role box and if you get one of those in 1st -3rd (or pretty much anyone in physical attack) youre set.

Alternatively, if you dont mind waiting for friday, you can try the new banner and reroll for dark fina, and have the best mage in the game.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Kongbakpao has their guide up. When a problem comes along....

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/memories-from-the-aquapolis/

quote:

Attacks with Magic Damage (Bioga, Flare, Comet)
At Below 50% HP, it will attack with even more Magic based spells such as Aeroga, Stonga, Meteor, Ultima.
Kiss of Darkness – Confuse, Paralyze, Petrify
Counter Kiss of Darkness by casting Carbuncle
Focus and Full break
Man-Eater
Unleash those Excaliburs!

ultima you say? Maybe its time to clean the dust off the celes in storage.

edit: copy pasted the attacks too for the new page.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Vax posted:

Holy poo poo this cringefest was painful to even fast forward through. Had he only charged his account with 50k Lapis he wouldve gotten her on 50k spent. The algorithm just said gimme your 250k Lapis and so it did. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoDefMq24OE

He's a money hating whale that will burn it all on the next banner , might as well buy it all now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Leo's page has this tidbit at the bottom:

quote:

Don't let him die in this game.

• Locked thread