Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

On a completely different note, since I think I will be playing this game for the Long Haul, I've been considering the following post:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/182206-final-fantasy-brave-exvius/74168081

I think it might be time to set up some grinding macros for Explorations again. They aren't a bad way of getting XP, and I think I'm going to need quite a number of megacrysts

A note on this is that the 20% drop rate for the exceed ring mats is just a theory. Its more like 5-10% from what some JP players on reddit have said. None of the top whales in JP have them yet and apparently they spent weeks using lapis to instantly craft the other rings. The other rings are still great though so you might as well get the mats anyways just don't expect to craft any exceed rings any time soon. Also to note is that it was recently found out that the max a stat can be boosted is 300% so anything over doesn't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Shark Tower posted:

Going back to exceed ring talk, is there really no one on jp with an exceed ring yet? I mean, there's gotta be someone, right?

Maybe there's some secret check where the more you have of the materials, the less chance there is for the rest of them to drop.

There was this post on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5bh09x/dual_wield_in_all_its_forms/d9ohrxh/ that says no one has them. In there it links to some of the twitter accounts for the top three whales in JP. If this guy https://twitter.com/FF_ChromeHearts/status/797510229554438144 (note two of those are 5* bases and the other is a 4* base) doesn't have any then good luck.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Scrublord Prime posted:

I think this is the second like this. A few levels from Beginner to Elite where the completion reward is trash all the way until Elite-1 which has the unique prize then Elite gives a trust moogle. The other one I remember is a FF4 Giant of Babel dungeon where you fight the four fiends and Golbez who has a party-wide RNG death attack. :rip:

More often it's a grind event: Do the event instance to get event currency that you spend on w/e including 6* awakening mats, some gear and abilities, a trust moogle, and 100 gigantaurs. Exact grindiness varies, last one had heaps of bullshit RNG to get good returns. The upcoming one might be more of the same, it gives bonus currency if you do the event instance with characters introduced on the same day the event starts. We'll have to see when more details become available though.

Generally the events alternate between a King Mog event and a one time clear event. Usually the King Mog events have easier bosses since you are meant to grind them.

rio posted:

Oh, I was wondering where that bell came from since I didn't remember it dropping. Ok, well I'll just hope that something useable comes from clearing pro once my friend list refreshes tomorrow and I choose some diesel Lightning to come with.

If you need help you can use my Ramza. He can solo pro using dualcast drain or you can use focus and fullbreak and two round him with dualcast ultima. 180,156,530

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

AegisP posted:

It is in fact the best neutral fist weapon. There will be a 47 ATK + 30% Confuse fist weapon and 36 ATK + 2x Normal Hits fist weapon after this, but nothing that is neutral with as high ATK.

The new robot trail boss in JP has a 145 atk knuckle as the first time clear reward that I think is neutral.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

When skill enhancements come (which is admittedly a loooong way out), he gets upgrades to his single-target attack (making it 230%/Pierce 50%, a slightly weaker but much cheaper Cut Through)

One thing to note is that the 230% pierce 50% makes it an equivalent of a 460% attack. Luneths cut through before enhancements is an equivalent of 333% attack. Granted now that Luneth has received enhancements his cut through is now a 700% attack or 1050% if his self attack buff is used before it.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

I thought Cut Through was Pierce 50% naturally, not Pierce 25%. :confused:

Yeah it's just a 250% ignore 25%. Would be a bit to overpowered right now to have a character with a 500% attack.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

rio posted:

Where the heck can I get brilliant rays? I read they are in the pro awakening dungeon and have been hitting it hard - I also needed wicked drops and they are dropping (slowly) but I have not gotten one brilliant ray. There are a few from the king moogle but not enough...I wish I could grind gears for them because unless I am in the wrong dungeon (I hope so) they are absurdly rare or I am just really unlucky.

You can buy an unlimited amount of them from king mog for 100 gears each.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Do +%s increase with pots? If that's the case you'd get a few extra ATK out of another Seal.

Pots raise the base attack of a character so +% do increase with the more pots added.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Noctis OP (note that's 30k not 300k damage)
Drainer from blood sword heals for like 8k x2.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah that video pretty much should be used against Gumi to get their poo poo sorted out in regards to the pulls. There is 0 reason to not have the pull dynamics be the same with the japanese version. There isn't something more hosed up than getting a rainbow crystal and it be a loving vanille or rosa.

Thing is though it would of still taken him 600 pulls to get Dark Fina with JP summon changes. JP summon changes didn't change the pull rate of banner 5* he just of would of gotten other 5* bases instead of vanille or rosa or any of the other troll rainbows. Granted getting other 5* bases would of been a lot better than the trolls he got but it's still 600 pulls (~$1500) to get one unit.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Now it makes sense. e: Doublehand does not stack on global, kinda makes one think it was a corrected mistake

That unit also just got this as an enhancement.
+100% ATK/+35% DEF/SPR when equipped with Sword & Equip ATK Bonus +100% when only using one hand

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
Elemental resist is just a multiplier to your damage and has nothing to do whether you are using physical, magic, or hybrid attacks. To get that multiplier you just average the resistances.

For example let's take Vajra and a Noctis with an Excalibur and Chirijiraden equipped using thunder flask. The thunder flask will have all three elements associated with it (Holy, Fire, Lightning).
Vajra has +50% to fire, -50% to lightning, and 0% to holy. This would give you a (50-50+0)/3=0 meaning you would receive no extra damage from your elemental attacks.

If something has over 100% resist it doesn't mean they absorb that element either it just means its a much harder to overcome that resistance.
Like say Vajra has +200% fire, -50% lightning and 0% holy you would get (200-50+0)/3=50 meaning you would do 50% less damage. Anything over 100% just means you do no damage.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Pro solo'd

Elt Duo'd

Noctis on Ifrit, Refia on Carbuncle

Way I did it was to make sure his mag was always broken with Noctis thunder flask and warp break in between. Jumps were used to refill MP during the fight. On ELT Refia was there mostly for healing but was on carb for some bar spells. His damage is very manageable as long as you keep his mag debuffed since his AoE attacks are magic based and even more so if you have buffs up. Also when he preps don't use any types of magic or LBs. If one character dies I think he will spam bloodlust which boosts all or just atk/mag (not sure since on my first try with Ramza/Noctis it was after a prep) so that can quickly make things difficult. If you have a weak team stack up on def/hp and let a strong friend unit carry you. Basically just make your team there to heal and stay alive so bloodlust doesn't happen. For the Pro solo I had the blood sword equipped since drainer from that heals 8k x2 for when I got really low on hp. I freed up some friend slots if someone needs help 180,156,530.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

ELT Solo

Noctis+blood sword OP. Too bad I don't think it would help anyone having trouble with the event since if anyone on the team dies he will start using bloodlust to boost his attack and magic. The boosted attack and magic would out damage the ability to heal with drainer and keep up debuffs.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Kill everyone other than Noctis in a random encounter before the boss, or does the Nian Beast still buff itself if there are corpses when the fight starts?

It's the single battle one not the exploration. Still though I'm pretty sure that he uses blood lust every turn when someone is dead. Tried dispelling it once when messing around and he just recast it every turn. Not sure if he stops using blood lust when everyone is revived but I assume so.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

WebDO posted:

So it got lost in the conversation, do any JP players know what they meant about bonus friend stats based on usage in the update discussion they had recently?

This is the friend unit bonus system that JP currently has. I assume ours will be the same.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/friendlevel

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So is there a best way to outfit Ramza? Is he more of a support unit, or can he do well with magical / phyiscal attacking with the right TMs? I notice he has Ultima.

Is how I have my Ramza set up. Materia is dualcast and 3x letters and arms. Would normally have earrings equipped over the jeweled ring but I need paralyze resist for this event. King Mog events I usually solo with my Noctis and Ramza. For stronger bosses Ramza takes more of a support role with an occasional dual ultima when I can fit it in. For example on elt ifrit Ramza starts off with his mag break (40% for 5 turns) then his atk break on the next turn (40% for 5 turns) then dual casts ultima the rest of the time depending on the friend unit I bring. I can usually kill elt before his breaks wear off or just as they wear off. That's if his breaks land if they don't then I have to switch up my strategy a bit. He's also great at providing a bit of back up healing or cheer buff. Once Ramza enhancements come out though mine will be 7.8k hp 500+ spr and 300+ def and he will just sing forever.

I freed up some friend slots for anyone who wants a 864 atk Noctis with Ifrit and a ribbon equipped for this event. 180,156,530

By the way any goons with dps units as a friend unit please equip some sort of paralyze resist on them if they don't innately resist it and set their esper to Ifrit.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Have people mathd out who chains we with who because I get the feeling Yun must have some good partners

Yun really only chains with Yun. His attack hits too fast to chain with anyone else. If one units attack hits twice in a row it breaks the chain and Yun's attack have like a 3 frame delay between each hit. Most of the chain skills like chainsaw have around a 7 frame delay between each hit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5dbam6/jp_multihit_chain_referencehit_data/
If you want to see what the average frames between hits are. Granted these are JP characters so it doesn't show Yun in there or any global exclusives.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
147/311 for me and I started about a month after soft launch.

Also cleared up some friend list spots. 180,156,530 for a 900+ atk TGCid or if we get Ramza's enhancements a 7k+ hp 300+ def and 500+ spr Ramza.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Well I really just wanted a Xon but I'll take a triple rainbow 11-pull.
Daily, 16 tickets, and 2 11-pulls until Xon. First 11-pull was the triple rainbow and the second had Xon.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
The main bottle neck from what people on reddit say are the mats not the gil. The tier 5 mats can only be gotten during events but its the tier 4 mats that are the worst. Something like ~300 energy grinding in the enhancement mat vortex for them to drop. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/63njse/gl_enhancements_what_you_need_to_know/ for better info.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

AegisP posted:

Max possible crystals drop. Same amount as Olive and Gilgamesh, twice as much as Orlandeau, three times as much as Noctis, etc. The trend seems to be that the fewer amount of hits, the more potential crystals.

The max possible crystal drop is per hit for normal attacks. I think all 6* can drop a max of 12 crystals its just that ones with more hits has that chance split between each hit. For example Noctis's normal attack is 3 hits so each hit has a chance to drop a max of 4 each for a total of 12 crystals. No idea on what the odds are on crystal drops though.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

ELT seems nice and easy now, but I'm worried about how things will be when he gets some more levels in him.

The global level doesn't change the raid fights at all. The only thing global level does is increase the amount of bonus coins you get and the global hp.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
Cleared up some friend slots for anyone who wants an ELT raid carry.

Not sure how consistent it is but I killed him a couple times without any buffs/debuffs with just Fryevia using frost flower blitz in 4 turns. With a MAG buff and SPR debuff should be easily able to kill him in 2-3 turns with Fryevia alone.

Edit: Swapped out a LA for dragon killer and now she solos ELT in 3 turns.

Fiss fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 12, 2017

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Dana Crysalis posted:

Oh no, don't break my heart like that. You might be right. :(

It sounds like its the passive evade http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Evade. You can see in there that Dracu Laswells TM gives the evade skill. Hopefully it is the passive.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Dana Crysalis posted:

Anyone able to put up a super Zyrus? I'm lazy and don't wanna put forth effort in getting that King Burst Pot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpuKXo9J4wQ Shows Zyrus soloing the Bahamut trial.

I set up my Noctis to be able to solo the Bahamut trail. Megaflare undefended does about 6k hp and he has 8.3k. Let the first megaflare hit you so the dragon's roar effect (boost atk/mag/def/spr by 40% under 50%) procs. Lance heals him to full. Just tested the fight out and basically you just alternate between lance and warp break to make it go faster. You can to be safe just only use lance though. If you need mp just point warp or use an item.

Edit: Forgot to set him on Odin for my friends list. Need Odin for lance and the extra dragon killer is nice. Cleared up a few slots so if someone needs a solo carry 180,156,530.

Fiss fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 22, 2017

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Says you're at capacity. :(

Also, is there some kind of whale war going on with the raid event? Suddenly Bahamut's jumped up to level 29 when we were never able to get him passed 25.

Cleared up a couple slots.

dewer posted:

I'd love a carry for the trial. You're out of slots again, 000,144,467 Qkyst. If you have a slot to free and can invite me that would be super awesome.

Sent a request.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I have the heart exposed by turn two. Protega and shellga on everyone. Weapon break on turn one. Most of the time I can get the heart dead just fine even. But other times he'll just spam something that kills my tank, healer and at least one DPS on his first turn despite all the buffs and weapon break.

Are you breaking his magic also? He has a magic based single target attack that can do around 2-3k if he isn't broken. You also have to target the body to reapply breaks when the core is exposed. The core is immune to all breaks. After the core is killed he hits with a big magic based AoE and then all his attacks do more damage also so make sure the body is broken when you kill the core.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Shoenin posted:

Question with Ramza regarding mechanics I should already know but:

Do Song Buff's stack with regular stats buffs (Focus/Embolden/etc.)?

The more powerful buff will overwrite the weaker buff. For example Embolden will overwrite his song for Atk/Def (45% VS 40%) but you will still get the Mag/Spr from Ramza's song. Also when Embolden wears off you will still have the 40% all stats buff from Ramza's song.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

I have Cecil with golem to give him provoke, he is the only tank I have at Max lvl, but his gear is far from stellar.

If you have the DPS to take him down I can throw up my Wilhelm after maint. His LB is maxed which gives a 3 turn 74% def and 1 turn 54% damage reduction. With his counters, all the tumult spam, and his buff that increases atk/mag/lb fill rate it will probably charge at least every 2 turns. Haven't tried him on Titan since I pulled him after I cleared the trial but he did great work for me during octopus trial.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Expedition team ready to go!

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Nuebot posted:

:eyepop: There's no way that Explorer+4 thing is like, an accessory or passive materia. Right?

It will probably be Ring of Dominion levels of grind for it so basically it might as well not exist. There is 4 levels to it from what some of the data mined stuff found from a few patches ago. Starts out as +10% all stats and ends with that +40% all stats.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

I suspect the only thing worse than the rarity of S rank expeditions is that they'll probably have a 50% success rate even when using an item to boost their chances.

It's a new mechanics and will benefit from some refinement but If A/S rank stuff is going to be rare then it needs to be something more 'challenging' than "you can't get better than a 50/50 chance of success when these rare things show up."

At least these expeditions mean that holy/sacred crystals will build up over time for people. I rarely have an expedition out that isn't collecting one, or both, of them

S ranks have a max of 70% success rate after item use. If you are going for the 160 relics a week the S ranks give less than the required relics to reach them on average. You basically need about 6 relics per day for each slot so about 0.25 relics per hour. The wiki has relic per day rates for all the available missions. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xAMDmWzvCUrxmAZOL6MxgDfM26O658eVob0KJCIRr00/edit#gid=0 this spreadsheet has them in relics per hour and also shows the averaged rate based on max possible success rates. https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6iwa7h/expedition_success_rate_consumables_shopping_list/ this has where to get the bonus items also.

I don't think most people can even get max success rates on A and S ranks. I know I have trouble getting max for A ranks and I have plenty of resources to get units up enough for them. Level, star ranking, equipment, and materia all go into the rate you will get. Better equipment also gives better rates. My main party almost always has max percentage but I'm not going to send them out for 8, 12, or 24 hours.

Edit: Looks like the wiki has the what goes into increasing success rates. They have how the stats are weighted but not how its calculated to be able to figure out what you need for maximum bonus. http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Expedition#Success_Rate_Per_Unit I'm guessing if you have a mission that you are trying to get the max success rate out of you should see what the stats it has weighted and just try to maximize those.

Fiss fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 24, 2017

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Winged Orpheus posted:

So I've rerolled and on this account my first two summons are Ramza and Tilith? Is this worth keeping? If so, should I spend the other three tickets on a different banner or the same one?

I would hold on to this and see what you get from coming anniversary summons. Ramza whenever he gets enhancements will be top tier support for awhile (other than Roy in JP there isn't really any other unit who can compare) and Tilith will be arguably the best healer for awhile also. If you get some good DPS with the anniversary summons next week (29th) then you are good to go. If not its up to you since you can usually use a friend unit to carry you and you will have the support to back them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Two more expeditions ready to turn in.

Tavern Cleanup at 45% chance completed successfully, with 5 FF 3 units, and Lost In The Dark at 56% chance failed, because I only had 3 FF 1 characters to send.

The wiki has what goes into success rates for expeditions. http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Expedition#Success_Rate_Per_Unit

This seems especially useful for higher rank missions:
Note: Success rate for an expedition is calculated when the mission begins and cannot be changed after that. However, the equipment on a unit can be removed by equipping it directly to another unit. This can useful if two expeditions require the same stat and you have a trust master item that gives a huge boost.

• Locked thread