Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I tried setting up a Macro for TM farming in Memu and while I got everything to work, none of my Lapis seems to show up.

I think it's because I originally started on an iphone and Memu is an Android platform?

Does anyone know what I need to do, or if it's even possible to get my Lapis to show up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Is it ever worth grinding Rank to increase your energy?

I'm only rank 48, and the story quests so far are taking 13 energy per mission. Which seems a little high.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Scrublord Prime posted:

I rank grind when there isn't an event to blow energy on or I'm caught up with the story. It isn't required but it's nice not having to babysit the game quite so much without losing energy and if you ever TMR grind with lapis you'll get more per refill with more max energy.

Yea I'm getting to the point where I want to start TMR grinding, but I should probably finish the story first so I can Rank up a bit more.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I'm trying to figure out what tank to use. So far I've pulled a:

Snow
Charlotte
Leo

Snow doesn't seem like much of a tank, but then again mine is only 5 stars currently. But all the other tanks on the top 5 list I don't own.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

That's the problem I'm running into currently. Mobs seem to ignore snow completely. I guess I'll start leveling my Charolette since it'll be a while before I'll be able to actually do any hard content.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

is the Dwarves Forge Exploration still the best place to farm for Fire Megacryst to make Hero Rings?

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Thanks Cartoon, I wasn't sure because the OP said Dwarves Forge, so I wasn't sure if there was something special about it that wasn't listed in the Wiki. I guess it's safe to ignore the OP for the most part?

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Looks like I'll be using Xon conpanions since my pulls were crap. At least I finally got another Fran. Sure have been needing more of her. And why do I keep pulling that lovely Soleil. I have so many of her.

Aiden
Soleil
Panelo
Anselm
Aiden
Fran
Garnet
Alma
Jack

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

turnways posted:

Xon basically takes care of ever needing to steal anything ever again with Waylay, plus he can nick buffs from bosses which is pretty cool.

Yea the steal all command alone makes him worth it.

I went ahead and tried a pull 11 and ended up getting 2 of him, nothing else though. But I wanted a Xon, so perfectly happy with that. Wish I could give the 2nd one away to someone else though.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

hagie posted:

I've been doing Fire Shrine when I have Xon friends to waylay mobs, when my Noctis friends are up I go after the 4 bears.

It's been working decent enough for me.

That's exactly what I'm been doing since I'm still too new to handle the bears with my own party. But I've been doing Invincible Exploration since that has a better egg ratio according to the latest wiki

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

One of the previous patches had inadvertently nerfed a bunch of bosses. Looks like they've fixed them.

I feel like they "over" fixed them. They seem way too tuned up. I accidentally left it on auto-fight, and had a 800 dmg Noctis die to the Fire Shrine Boss. Which seems a little too much.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Dana Crysalis posted:

I feel like this game actively wants me to stop playing it, all my friends got 5*s today. I got Soleil.

All I've pulled from this event so far has been 4 Aidens and 3 Soleils... So I feel ya.. Oh and I got a 4* Vanille.. So you know, I win the game right there.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I got another Aiden. Up to 8 now! Think I'll start my own store and start selling Vestments of Mind. To rub it in even more, Gumi decided to give me 38 Trust Moogles for Freya's TM.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Is this Dual Trial even doable for someone who doesn't have Cecil? Currently my max level units are:

Chizuru 396 attack
Exdeath 350 mag
Orlandeau 499 attack
Minfilia
Y'shtola
Xon
Rain
Charlotte

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

who was the person that had a unit that could solo Gilgamesh? I think I need Bushido Freedom to do the dark espers, since every guide mentions that ability and I'm not sure how to self cleanse otherwise.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I was really hoping that today would be the day that my 1/2 pull would give me my Fryevia so I can spend some of the 45 moogles for her TM that I have for her. Instead I got Bedile'd. I think it's a sign to give up on this event. I'll just have to be happy with my 11 Aidens.

Back on topic, when is Setzer coming out?

Does the macro builder chain at all?

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Scrublord Prime posted:

It took me 60 tickets to get a rainbow, and that rainbow was Terrible T Terra! :toot: In the process I also got 3 Setzers, a Xon, and 3 Zidanes, not bad luck at all. In celebration I maxed out my friend slots, hook up with your goon pal Buttz @ 479,088,281 for some purple Terra power.

yea it took me 66 tickets to get a rainbow. Then I got 2. Delita and TTerra. Not sure how I feel about this.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Apparently Electric Tower - Pursuit has a high drop rate for both Crystals and also counts as explorations for your daily quest:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/66jkly/electric_tower_pursuit_for_exploration_daily/

so does running this with a Xon + Locke do anything for you? I really don't understand how their passives work.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

So after banging my head against Gilgamesh, I think it's impossible without a Cecil. Every single guide I've read up on seems to use a Cecil as a tank. Which seems really really dumb to lock a boss behind a single character. Leo and Charlette just don't seem to have enough HP. Not sure what to do at this point to try and beat the trial.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

I don't mind putting my Cecil up if you want to give it another run with him. I could give him Dual Wield, then use Excalibur and whatever else you wanted to help cover elements.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I just don't have the characters I need. I have no Noctis, Bartz or Lightning either. And the 6 stars I do have (like Chizuru I don't have any elemental katanas for, so useless)

6 star:
Exodeath
Chizuru
TGC
Minfilia
Y'shtolla
T.Terra
Setzer
Xon
Rain
Ariana

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Dana Crysalis posted:

I look at that list and am angry, you have quite a few units I would kill for. It might be your gear that is the problem, because it's certainly not your units. (I'm pretty sure people one-shot Gilgamesh with dual Orlandu?)

Probably a combination of my gear and me being terrible at this game. The highest I can get my Orlandu is something like 560 attack, I'm nowhere near the 1k other people have, which I think is the requirement to 1shot him.

And as far as the fishing event goes, is it better to grind Elite with fewer bonus units or Pro with all bonus units? I've had a couple elite runs end in deaths, so I'm thinking PRO is a lot safer. But I don't think I'll ever get to 80k fish that way.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

That's it, no more daily 250 draws for me ever again. THREE days in a row of drawing loving Aidens. My total Aiden count now, including draws during the banner, are now at 14. Sigh

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Which healer should I work on leveling up?

Refia
Luka
Rosellia
Garnet (with her 6 star around the corner)

I have Y'shtolla already but it seems like a lot of boss fights require or are at least easier with 2 healers

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Awesome. Thanks guys. Yes I do happen to have a single dual cast that I can throw on Refia. I farmed it up a while ago and kinda just threw it in Terra while I waited around for a better unit to throw it on.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Hey, I just tried to add you from the goon spreadsheet but I get a user not found when I punch in your code.

Oops. Must have fat fingered the code. It should be:

891 565 523

Would someone mind updating that for me? I'm currently on my phone and can't seem to update it from there.

My Orlandu is only at 623 dmg currently. Still working on him.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

So far with my free pulls I've gotten:

Gilbert
Cyan

and with 2 daily pulls I got:

Rosa
Ulrica

Don't think i'm going to go any further with daily pulls for this event. Apparently all the other goons in this thread are taking all the good pulls. :tinfoil:

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

when people max out TM's on crap characters like Zidane, do you just sell them? Or is there any reason to keep them around?

And is it me, or are all the craftable weapons in this event total crap? Most of them seem worse than items you get by playing the story.

fullTimeLurker fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 15, 2017

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

okay if I wanted to try and 1shot the dark espers (Siren/Ifrit) should I use 2 edgars + 4 Setzers, or 3 edgars + 3 Setzers? And I assume I use double dice after chainsaws and just hope for the best?

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

So my inventory filled up earlier, so I had to go and see what was taking up so much space. Turns out I have over 300k raid coins and I don't want to spend them because I know I'll get a million trust moogles that I won't be able to throw away, since the second I do I"ll pull a banner unit.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

This game loves to troll the poo poo out of me sometimes..

So I bought myself a Wilhelm because the only tank I had was a Charlotte and a Snow. On the same pull as Wilhelm I get 2 Cecils. So yay for 2 Excalibur's in 5 months! At least I'll be able to start doing some of the trials now that I have real tanks.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I put up a 780 MAG Emperor with a bit of HP gear so he doesn't keel over to a stiff wind (5k HP). He seems well-built for the Wilhelm fight.

So is magic a better strategy for clearing Elite than using Setzer's double dice?

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Just got beat ELT with all rewards cleared at once. My team was:

Ling, Wilhelm, Refia (and FissSA's 873 Mag Freyvia)

So thank you Fiss, your Freyvia was MVP in this fight.

My Wilhelm has 7200 HP and didn't drop below 5k once in the fight. It was pretty hilarious to watch 2 Wilhelm's beat the crap out of each other with nerf bats.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

If I have 5 Xon's, is it worth it at all to bring all of them to 6 stars just for the increased rare drop rate? I read on Reditt that the effects stack, but it's really expensive to 6 star them. Not sure if it's worth it.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Zyrus is a pretty good mage to have. Up there with Exdeath. Xon just makes life easier for a lot of events, and if built right he can perform light "tank" duties, so always nice to have him around. Bartz is useful to have as a mana battery since you have Refia to full-life him. Minfillia makes a lot of fights easier because of her huge amount of buffs.

Personally I'd go in order of:

Minfillia
Xon
Bartz
Zyrus

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Does Sozhe ever get good enhancements? I really like his character model, but it seems like the game has way better tanks already.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I just opened up a bunch of slots on my stone--killer Orlandeau as well. Only 800 attack currently though.

891 565 523

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Any reason to keep Thancred around after I hit 100 TM? Does he ever get enhancements or upgrade to 6*? Because I've deleted characters before that I ended up regretting later because they got buffs.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

who is Tilith and why is everyone trying to get her? Is she really that good?

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

So throughout this banner and the last, I've pulled 6 Camille's from my 1/2 daily pulls. Is there any reason to have more than 2 of her TM? Especially since I have 3 Abel's as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

After my daily pulls this week I ended up with 5 swim-suit lids. Is anything about her good at all? Even her TM seems pretty meh, but I'm hoping that I'm just missing something.

• Locked thread