Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Yo new ff mobile bros, just started this game and pulled olive from the daily. How good is olive? Should I save the rest of my rare pill tickets and lapis on other pulls coming up? OP says Orlandu is the gold standard, and I do love me some orlandu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Anyone able to tell me if the new banner coming out in a few days is any good?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Hey guys, I'm a new player that just started last week. So far my team is Olive, Butz, Terra, Kefka, and Duane. None of my team is enhanced so far, all of my characters are 3* apart from Olive.

As far as farming goes, should I focus on cactuars till I get max level, or phantom things, and if I get enough phantom things what should I focus on purchasing? I only have a few good swords, so the good sword seems good value, but I'm unsure as to the rest. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Also which TM should I focus on with moogles?

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 3, 2017

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Anyone have the rough drop rates for phantoma in the ELT or PRO levels? Are people seeing nimbus more often in one or the other?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

From what I've seen, ELT gives 203 without bonuses. So Pro is a *little* more efficient, but then you have to fight another full battle round every time you reach 30 energy.

Edit: If you run into a golden bomb it bumps over 400 phantoma, so ELT almost certainly avgs higher/stam.

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 4, 2017

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

ELT is always better if you can run it because the bonus enemy rates are higher. Or they're supposed to be. :shrug:

Right now I can only run ELT or PRO when I have a top tier companion (and probably only Noctis since the rest of my weak weak team is bound to die, and the companion needs to heal himself :smith:)

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Cry Havoc posted:

what's your friend code i'm sure those with pimped out friend units will be glad to help

I am 174,957,037

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

So pretty much all the generic units below 3* are worthless right? What's the best thing for me to do with those? Enhance them into other units or just sell them?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

For me it's the settings and the art direction that pulls at my nostalgic heart-strings, every time I touch the game I feel like I just fell into final fantasy vi all over again.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Picked up Queen today, that puts me at 2 FF w/e IDC units +1 friendo for the bonus. I was avging 300, now I'm up to ~550.

Also holy gently caress, one bomb adds a 3x multiplier 1500 phantoma :suspense:

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Nuebot posted:

So that's how bombs work? I thought it was just a flat 250?

It'd be nice if I saw any anymore. I haven't seen a bomb or nimbus in ages.

I think so. I have only done PRO and ELT runs, and the one run where I had 3 FF-0 chars and found a golden bomb my score bumped drastically.

On runs where I haven't seen the bomb, I avg anywhere from 300-600 depending on drops on both PRO and ELT.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

If I have Queen, is gate of destiny worth farming for from the moogle king? I don't have any other characters to use other than Queen that can be 6* yet apart from Bartz and Luka, who are both 5* and 4* still.

I guess I can count Terra Kefka and Garland, if they are getting 6* soon.

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 12, 2017

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Anyone that have Gate of Destiny, can you tell me if it is useful to have on Queen? I'm trying to figure out whether I should spend the time to farm it from the Moogle King . . .

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

It's better than DK Cecil's best darkside-like by a significant margin, in both damage and HP cost, and if you're feeling comboriffic, with dual wield and her shiny new auto-rez, you can have her kill herself and auto-rez into her 200% ATK buff. It's a lot of trouble for a character who is pretty much as bad as a 5 star base can get, though.

Hm I see. Unfortunately for me I only have one other 5* base. I guess I'll have to bite that grind then, thanks!

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Lucky you, I have 6, and confirmation bias tells me that they definitely skewed the drop rates to curse us with Sheras

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 14, 2017

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

This needs to be at the top of the OP.

Sitting on 134 tickets and 29k Lapis. Still leaning towards a 10+1 on the player's choice and maybe some tickets. I know I won't luck out and get Noctis (or Greg) but another Zidane or 3 would be cool.

A team of Olives with an extremely tanky unit (or two) can be a pain in the rear end in the arena because if you don't one-round them and they got to go first on round 1 you're probably going to get murdered by the bombardments because their 3 turn counter seems to count down on both player turns.

But bombardment isn't learned until lvl 88 at 6*, and that guy had two that were 5*. Really that fight should have been an easy win.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

So I am still farming the demolition event, but I've gotten all the good items, all the cactuars, enough mats to upgrade another 2 chars to 6*, some rare tickets, and both the ATK and gate of destiny materia. Should I farm star quartz, or finish buying out all the 6* mats?? I'm barely at the third continent story-wise, but it looks like you can buy some pretty useful things with star quartz later on.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Awesome, thanks Cartoon Man!

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

So I've also been trying to figure out what to do with my team as well. Currently I have Bartz (6*), Olive (6*), Kefka (5*), Terra (4*), Luka (4) Queen(5), Garland (3), Nine (4), Gaffgarion (4), and Vanille (4).

My plan was to pull hard on the upcoming banner, and basically wait until Kefka and Terra's 6* come to upgrade them, and have my base team as Bartz, Olive, Kefka, Terra, Luka until I get better units. Is this the best plan? Should I plan on using Queen instead of Kefka permanently until I get someone to replace Queen? Should I start investing in Garland since he will also be getting an upgrade sometime soon?

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 16, 2017

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

hagie posted:

Trying to decide if I'll be sorry for not getting the last 3 summon tickets on this demolition banner...

9 tickets in the barn, and 2k lapis.

900 King items

I gave up on the 6k rare tickets. I can't stomach the thought of grinding out another 18k.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

15 rare ticket pulls, not a single good unit except Zidane :flaccid:

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Is keeping 50 million Tancreds even useful? I'm getting tired of burning lapis on more unit slots :(

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Pick a Thancred, feed 20 other Thancreds to him for his TMR and afterwards sell/fuse the mastered Thancred. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Farming PRO means getting around one Thancred TMR every two days so you'll probably have half a dozen or more of his 10% hp/atk materia when the event ends. More if you're able to farm ELT instead.

Gonna be nice to get rid of a bunch of 10% atk (and maybe some 10% hp) materia when this is over. Should end up with a couple of Minfilia's TMRs with any luck, though if they can't stack with themselves that's unfortunate.

Ahhh I didn't realize fusing units gives a trust bonus at lvl 1. Thanks!

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

37 pulls and all I've gotten is Luka and some Cecils and Zidanes . . . . my dreams are crumbling :negative:

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

The lazy route would be to just hit up the friend spreadsheet on page 1 and have a buff SA goon carry you to victory (Olive, Noctis). I've been playing about a month and can reliably farm pro that way.

Also see this page:
http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Unit_Rankings#Numerical Ratings

TLDR; your best team is probably COD, buttzzzzzzzzzzzz, cecil, ling/minifila and exdeath I believe (not sure who Dick bicycle is?)

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 20, 2017

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Lmao wtf, how did that ever even end up being a thing in a FF game (even if it is mobile)

The darkest timeline is upon us:

http://imgur.com/a/6j9jC

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 20, 2017

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Rates shouldn't change based on making a larger pull. I've been exclusively doing the multi 5k coin capped pulls, and at a little over 400k points haven't pulled yshtola yet.

It may be psychologically a little more pleasing/disheartening to see the pulls in that format based on your outlook though.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

For those of you that TM grind, do you wait till the day rolls over to run the macro? I forgot about the notifications pop up before I went to sleep yesterday, woke up to find my macro had run for like 45 minutes before the pop-up halted it :(

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Would I ever need more than one Luka TMR?

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Are people's raid summons seeing diminishing returns?

:barf:

Ubiquitus fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 21, 2017

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Whoop guess I just needed to complain

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

I've done 3-11 pulls, all the dailies, and I've gotten 4 zidanes, 6-8 cecils, a Leon and Seven, but no GIlgy or Noctis :negative:

I guess I can't complain too much though, my first daily ever was an Olive

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

One day I will be part of the club . . . :shepicide:

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

dangerous.hotdog posted:

On the other hand, sometimes one pull doesn't hurt...

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

Another 20 egg summons, another 8 Freija moogles that had to be sold.

Gumi is giving you the needles, now you just need the heroin . . .

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Mr. Swoon posted:

The compensation lapis pushed me over 5k so let's waste it all! ...Wait, is that a rainbow? Why hello there Fryevia!

So now that I have a chainer, would you guys rather I set her up as a friend unit or keep my dodgetank Noctis?

Grats man! Personally I prefer Noctis, fire flask is clutch for so many fights

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Ghostnuke posted:

Is it one of the levels in particular or just any of them?

Pursuit

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Just bought some extra slots for new goons or whomever:

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

hagie posted:

Correction: I just did ELT with my chain set up (Sohze Fryevia Firion Chizuru Chizuru friend Fryevia) intending to do a lapis raid refresh.

I got him to 1/3 health remaining.

Tumult took care of everyone.

PRO it is

Also got Yda and Troy Palamalu that last run with the 3k coins I had

Take a friendlandu
Crush weapon
????
Profit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Skyridge posted:

Is the Titan trial doable at all without Orlandeau-level chaining?

Yup, I've been doing it with one damage dealer and a buff friend Orlandu

• Locked thread