Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

AegisP posted:

He learns 3 -ga spells, but he also learns Draw Attacks. Everybody knows why he learns Draw Attacks unless they didn't beat the Crystals in the Forest of Moore.

I fixed your post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Went in with VoGoR's Elza and Maxwell went down in round 2, so that's the no KOs mission cleared. I don't think I'll go for the finish with a Limit mission. 10k karma just isn't worth the headache and potential NRG wasted if I fail.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I finally got Maxwell down with a LB thanks to Mylan's Elza. I had to cheat a bit to get it though. Maxwell was low on health and I wasn't sure if the LB would actually finish her off, so I tried to get her as low as possible with Elza's regular attack...which ended up dealing too much damage. I quickly closed the game before it registered Maxwell as defeated, restarted, and I was back at the beginning of my turn. This allowed me to attack with Agrias/CoD, and get Maxwell down low enough that I was sure Army of One would take her out.

I'm about 63k karma right now. I probably will pick up the MAG+15% because why not, especially if I get a couple of metal god fights, and then I'll just spend the remaining karma on 6* mats.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

kalensc posted:

Ahhh of course, thanks for the reminder! Not sure if it's worth the lapis, more of a good lesson on properly interpreting the maintenance times now that daylight savings is over.

The reward for a 100 streak is 500 lapis. Spending 100 lapis to gain 400 lapis is absolutely worth it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I'm still grinding karma so I haven't done any of the new trials. I also remember someone saying the 1200 lapis bundle isn't worth it but as soon as I saw it had 10 Sacred Crystals I bought it immediately. I loving hate Sacred Crystal farming and it allowed me to get Tilith up to 5* so it was worth it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

hey girl you up posted:

(Third was the healer from FF2 whose name escapes me.)

My first thought was "Wait, Minwu is in the game?" But then I realized you meant Maria.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yup I was worried when it didn't say BONUS on the BF units when I went into the event, got 2 metal gods, and got no bonus karma.

What the gently caress.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

For only 200 karma a run, seems like it's just better to quit the stage if you don't see 4 battles right away, it isn't worth the effort otherwise.

Yeah I really hope they give some sort of compensation for this because I was planning on getting the magic materia and I was hoping a couple of metal god runs would give me enough for the HP too, but having to rely solely on the metal god runs now means I have to choose between one or the other, I can't get both at this rate.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 25, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Chen Kenichi posted:

........uhhh did anyone try working the system on this like for Maxwell? Did I completely miss the boat?

Sorry, I meant karma, not lapis, edited my post. But yeah. I'm just entering the ADV stage and going to the menu and if I don't see 4 battles, I just choose to give up. It was worth it when I had 3 BF units for the karma bonus, but only 200 karma a run isn't worth spending time with.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

On the other hand if you have good characters you want to awaken quick, the 1200 lapis bundle has 10 sacred crystals, and gently caress sacred crystal farming. I spent 80 energy on the vortex and got all of one sacred crystal to show for it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I'm still pissed off I ran into two metal god battles during the time period when the karma bonus wasn't active. I missed out on about 12k karma because of that, and the worst part is they're almost certainly not going to compensate us, and even if they do, it'll be like 100 lapis or 30 energy.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It sure was worth staying up until 3 AM for that sweet, sweet 4* Penelo on my half price.

I have two more tickets left to collect this month (one from ADV and one from login) and I have 17 right now, so I'll just spend 4 right off the bat and see if I get anything decent.

Edgar
Kuja
Penelo
Exdeath

So the answer is no, I didn't get anything good.

Okay, Exdeath is good, but I already had one.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

/\/\/\/\ It does say that the Awakening materials change every day. The Sacred Crystal one was worth it to me; this one is not.

Today's bundle was still tempting to me simply because of the Gigantuars but in the end no Sacreds tipped it over to a pass.

I was trying to think of a decent unit I have to use Twin Lance and I don't think I have any. I don't have Elza, and I do have Lightning but I either use Barrage or Crushing Blow with her, neither of which Twin Lance helps out with (in fact, it would actively harm them, because of the lower attack power). I guess there's Maxwell but I don't feel like she's worth using anyway.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Half pull got me Exdeath number 3. Maybe one day I'll even be able to level the other two.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Half price pull got me a Xiao today. I didn't have one, so that's kinda nice.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I got a Clyne. :(

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I annoyed people with this in the discord so I guess I'll annoy people with it here too. :v:

I saw a gold crystal on my half price draw, thinking it was Shadow/Penelo/Lani/etc. Then it reformed into rainbow and I got excited. Could it be? Have I gotten Gilgamesh? Or maybe even Ramza?

...nope. Just Lightning #2. I'm actually sort of disappointed. I don't have enough good gear for a second one!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Lightning had better get a bonus in this event, it'll make having pulled a second one actually worthwhile.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I finally pulled a Bartz on my half price pull today. I know I have a lot of units much better than him, but I love FFV and Bartz is awesome so I wanted him.

Then I spent 4 tickets to try and get Faris so I could have the entire FFV crew. I ended up with a Fran, TWO 4* Lanis, and a Vivi. Well, maybe I'll pull Faris on a future pull.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Took 7 pulls to get a banner character.

Half off: Penelo

3* Rakshasa
3* Kuja
3* Kain
3* Luna
4* Warrior of Light (second one)
3* Sazh

I'll be putting up Sazh as my friend unit shortly because no loving Lightning bonus whoopee.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The Morale Talisman is a good accessory! It gives +10 ATK, and casts Auto-Bravery in battle, which means an additional +20% ATK. Better than a Hero's Ring, slightly easier to get a hold of. I would at least try for this one and maybe tickets.

Morale Talisman is a garbage accessory. You should be casting Cheer/Embolden with your healer anyway turn one, which overwrites Brave. Thus, the Morale Talisman is a glorified Hyper Wrist, that's harder to make than a Hyper Wrist. The only niche case for Morale Talisman is in the Arena when stat buffs are banned, but given that this event is incredibly stingy with event currency, it's really drat hard to justify spending the energy on a Morale Talisman.

Morale Talisman requires 10 Entrancing Tails and 10 Menacing Wings. At 80 apiece, that means you need 800 gears for the tails, 800 for the wings, for a total of 1600 gears. ELT stage gives ~100 gears. If you're lucky enough to have two Snows or a Snow/Vanille, that's ~250 gears. So you're looking at anywhere from 7 to 16 runs for the necessary gears.

The ELT stage costs 13 NRG. That means you are spending 91 to 208 energy for an accessory that's good for one character for one week, and probably not that often, as I assume they've got a lot of arena conditions, so maybe every few months at best?

Yeah, it's not worth it. It's garbage.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

That's, like, just your opinion, man.

Sometimes I don't even take a healer and just spam attacks and I'm doing okay.

Also, some people (not me) STILL don't have "proper" team makeups.

If you don't have a healer capable of casting Cheer/Embolden, then the Morale Pendant is still worthless, because it means you're probably still early in the story. So your energy is better spent doing the story stages, building up lapis for pulls, earning good rank XP to level up your max NRG faster, and getting newer recipes for materias and equipment. If you really want attack, a Hyper Wrist gives the exact same base attack bonus as the Morale Pendant, and requires far less NRG to get the crafting materials.

The Morale Pendant is still worthless no matter where you are gameplay-wise. I mean, hell, if you really want a worthless accessory that bad, I won't stop you, it's your game. But honestly, you're wasting your time, and you could get so much more done if you did other things.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Woah. I just realized the weapons are exclusive to the XIII characters. I was wondering why nobody was looking forward to giving their CoD's a new boomerang. Looks like I'll just be grinding for mats, tickets and cactuars. At least those are still there.

Yeah I was thinking "Man that spear would be nice for my second Lightning" and then I saw it was Fang only so gently caress that.

I'm gonna take this event easy. I'll still do it every day, but I'm not going to be too concerned about drops. I'm really hoping that Lightning will get a bonus next week, and based on the BF event, it will hopefully be 100%, so if I take three Lightnings (and Sazh) then that'll be almost 500 per run (more if I get lucky with Gigantuars), and I'll try and go for the 30k moogle. The 70k moogle, though, gently caress that noise.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I got a Mustadio on my half price pull today. Slightly faster Romandan Pistol someday, yeah!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Oh yeah, my half price pull today was a gold crystal. 4* Bartz.

I never had a Bartz before the FFV event and now I've pulled two in the past week. At least this makes for a faster Doublehand grind and saves me some Sacred Crystals since now I don't have to awaken the 3* one.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The so-called "improved pull rates" is definitely just confirmation bias. I pulled a Clyne on my last two half price pulls.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

My daily pull this morning was a blue crystal that reformed all the way to rainbow. It was Dark Knight Cecil though. Not Noctis, but DKC has a good TM and is a pretty decent character so it's a good pull. Besides, if my luck with Lightning is any indication, I'll pull Noctis on a daily after his banner is over.

But I decided to burn tickets to try and get Mercedes. I only got one gold in all my tickets, and I stopped when I ran out of unit slots. I figured that was a good enough sign to stop. Ended up with:

Alma #2
Miyuki (FINALLY!)
Golbez #2
Cecil #2
Galuf
Roselia #2
Shadow
Maria
Galuf
Garland #2
Medius #2
Chizuru #2 (the only gold)
Galuf
Charlotte #3

Eh, maybe I'll pull Mercedes on the daily, I'm not spending any more tickets on this banner.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I was pressured into doing more pulls by the discord chat. I spent five more tickets. For my trouble I got:

Charlotte #4
Agrias #5
Amarant #3
Charlotte #5
Cyan

I took Cyan as a sign to stop. At least now I can make a whole team of Agrias for when she gets her 6*.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I finally decided I'd give in and download memu to TM grind for me since I have so many TMs I want and will literally never get otherwise.

Sadly it seems like memu won't run on my potato of a computer. It's been stuck at 99% on the startup screen for the last five minutes, and gets stuck at 99% every time I try to start it up again. So, guess that means no macro grinding for me. I'm purely dependent on Trust Moogles and grinding manually.

I'm never going to be any good at this game. :negative:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Mrit SA posted:

What is your processor? If it has a virtualization mode it helps quite a bit to have it on.

I apparently have a very lousy processor (I'm woefully ignorant about computer stuff), system info says it's Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050 @ 1.60 Ghz, 1600 Mhz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processors

I guess I'll give Nox a try though.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Well I tried Nox and had the exact same problem I had with memu. I try to start it up, it gets to 99%, and just stops there. The only difference is after a couple of minutes, Nox puts up a little window that says "Hey startup failed!"

So yep. Guess it's impossible for me to macro. I'm stuck purely with Trust Moogles and manual grind. :( I'm never going to have any guys worth a poo poo.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I pulled in honor of Radio pulling a Noctis. I got a second Ludmille, which is quite welcome, so now my TM team is Cheezx3/Ludmillex2. Unfortunately I'm gonna smush all of them at some point, which I'm sure upsets people in here. :v:

m.hache posted:

Are you trying to start it up using remote desktop? If the graphic card isn't being triggered Nox tends to do that.

Maybe make sure your drivers are up to date.

I don't know what remote desktop is so I'm going to say no I'm not. I guess I can check my drivers though. I'll figure out a way to do that.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

My daily was a gold that reformed into a rainbow. This is the second rainbow I've pulled on a daily pull this banner (the first being Dark Knight Cecil on day one).

IT WAS RAMZA. :woop: I've been wanting him for ages! He's finally mine!

Feeling on top of the world, I decided to burn the ticket I got for login bonus today for another gold. Mercedes! The one thing I wanted most from this banner!

Today was a good pull day. :toot:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Servaetes posted:

So wait should I be afraid to do TM farming on memu? I've only done a little so I'm not really sure what qualifies as need to be scared.

There are a lot of people who have been macroing for months and haven't been banned. There's no proof Kalas was banned for macroing, we have no idea why his account was suspended and there's nothing to do but wait until he gets a response from Gumi and posts it.

Though honestly considering the amount of people who macro and haven't been banned, I'd say you don't need to be scared.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Pokemaster #421 posted:

God this is driving me nuts I'm 4 lousy calamity gems away from a 6 star noctis and all I seem to get out of the maze are calamity writs or prismatic horns. I've got like 30 of each now and throughout the billions of runs I've made I caught 2 gems so far. It's like this drat game knows exactly what I'm going for and gives me everything but just to torture me into doing a bunch of refills to grind like a lunatic. Just give me my gems drat you!

I have the opposite problem. I need 4 more Prismatic Horns to get Bartz to 6* and the maze just keeps dropping Rainbow Blooms and Calamity Gems. It doesn't help that I have failed to get to the last part of the maze for the last 15 runs or so. I mean I need Gigantuars to feed Bartz and Ramza so I'm not stopping maze running but it is getting slightly irritating.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Removed a bunch of inactive goons who'd been gone for over 2 weeks. I now have 6 open slots available.

484 621 892

Currently have up a Luneth with Vernard/Chiji and Diablos. Not the highest attack you'll see (no TMs), but it should be decent enough for those who need a bit of help.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Jesus loving christ, has anyone else had time to look at the actual rank rewards? 5* trust moogle that gives 10% to "all units" (so I guess a full team?) and 10k lapis for first place.

It doesn't give trust to a full team. It says it gives 10% to "all units" because it's a distinction from other Trust Moogles that only give 5% to one specific unit. We haven't gotten any of those yet.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The character-specific moogles only being 5% also makes them functionally equivalent to just pulling a duplicate of the unit itself making them kinda pointless. I mean if it was 10% to a specific character that would make more sense.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Today on my daily pull I met an old friend. Hello, Bedile.

Blessed by the Bedile of Happiness, I used a few tickets to see if I could get anything. My results were:

Santa Roselia
Penelo
Lani
Alma #3
Gilbert #2

Santa Roselia is kinda nice, not a replacement for Refia and I'll probably never use her, but I like her anyway. Penelo and Lani just went to the "5% closer to their TM" pile. Alma helping get a faster robe is nice. And honestly, now that I have a second one, I probably will end up TMing Gilbert. I know, I know, harps suck, but I have Ramza and I still have never pulled an Ingus, and I'm sure as hell not spending 200 quarts for Equip Rod.

Also I met the absolute most annoying Noctis imaginable in the arena today. I won the battle, but I had to waste all 10 rounds doing it. He had at least one of Sazh's TM, maybe more if it stacks. All I know is CoD using Barrage with DW (so 8 hits) could only hit him 1 time at best every time she used it, if she hit at all, so he was obviously stacked for evasion. On top of that, he had a ribbon, or at least gear that prevented poison and possibly petrify. My entire team except Refia and CoD were stopped, and Noctis kept spamming Blizzard Flask. Refia could heal every round, so he couldn't KO any of my team, but I couldn't bring him down either, since he dodged everything and even if I did manage to hit him, he'd just heal up with his counter. I KO'd all the rest of his party members so I won, but it was the most annoying win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I finally pulled a Firion on the half price today. But since he's not very good right now, and doesn't have a 6* coming for a while yet, he'll just take up space on the bench for a while. I got other more important dudes to level.

• Locked thread