Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I've read a fair bit but I have a question about which units to concentrate on. My current team is

Vann 5*, Demon Rain 6*, Bartz 5*, Rydia 5*, White Witch Fina 6*

I have pretty pish equipment (I only started playing a month or so ago) and they're still 20 or 30 levels from maxing out. In terms of other significant units I have Arc, Refia, Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness, Black Cat Lid, Zidane, Tellah, Faris.

Am I missing some kind of 'must have' types or can I build a strong team with a combination of these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Chen Kenichi posted:

You have a pretty strong team there. Demon Rain/CoD/(Vaan for break or 6* Bartz)/Refia/ExDeath is certainly good enough to get through anything we have had so far with a good friend joining you - this includes any of the events.

Mrit SA posted:

Dump WWFina for Refia immediately. Depending on the team you want to build, the rest of your squad is decent. Though I'd use CoD(so good on humans, great utility), level BC Lid(Hex Strike is broken, not joking, its actually broken), and Arc/ExDeath(Arc is easier to get to good, but ExDeath has far more potential)

Thanks for the advice. It'll take a while to get them awakened properly but that's what I was after - a goal set to aim for.

BC Lid is fairly well along since I got her in the first few days.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
The last two events have been enough to get my whole team (Bartz, Demon Rain, CoD, Refia, Exdeath) to 6*. I'm using left over gears to buy catuars in order to level them now.

After they get to max level, should I go for equipment or concentrate on espers for a bit?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
When combat starts in an exploration area (or this maze thing), the game does that horrible zoomy effect. Is there any way to shut that off? I find it really annoying/visually disturbing.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I was going to try using Memu to get TM rewards but I've run into a snag. I don't use facebook (hate social media) and it sounds like they ban fake accounts pretty regularly.
Is there any other way to get my account from the tablet into the emulator?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

PDQ Law posted:

If you're using Android then you can use the Helium app off the Google Play store to back up Brave Exvius on your tablet, then copy that backup into Memu and install Helium there to restore it. I recently did that and it worked from my non-rooted phone.

The only difficulty I had was that my computer didn't see the backup folder made by Helium on my phone, but I got around that by making a zip file of the backup folder using my phone's file browser, which could be copied by my computer.

Thanks, I'll give this a go tomorrow. I know I could roll a believable facebook account but I simply don't want the time I've put in to be one whimsical ban away from vanishing.

I have 5 or 6 Charlottes now too but since I have Cecil and Demon Rain already, I don't think she'll get much use.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

PDQ Law posted:

If you're using Android then you can use the Helium app off the Google Play store to back up Brave Exvius on your tablet, then copy that backup into Memu and install Helium there to restore it. I recently did that and it worked from my non-rooted phone.

The only difficulty I had was that my computer didn't see the backup folder made by Helium on my phone, but I got around that by making a zip file of the backup folder using my phone's file browser, which could be copied by my computer.

I bought the premium version since it's just a couple of quid (support the devs and so on) and after a bit of faffing about I got it copied over to the PC. Getting the script running in Memu was really easy too so I now have my TM team farming away in the Earth Shrine. Ta again.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Cartoon Man posted:

Love that feeling you get when you fuse a single minitaur and get amazing success to proc.

:argh:

Heh, I got my first ever amazing progress yesterday fusing 5 gigantaurs with Cecil. Kinda nifty since that got her to L98 so no hate here ;)

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I was wondering which would make the better (ie most useful/interesting) companion hero? I have the following as max level 6* units with ok gear

Chizuru
Cecil
Refia
Exdeath
Demon Rain
CoD
Bartz

I've put Cecil up for now but thought I'd ask if one of the others would be more suitable.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

CyberLord XP posted:

DD's are almost always the best "general use" companions. I'd go with Exdeath, Chizuru, or CoD based on which is geared better.

I had a think about it and I recalled using other peoples Chizuru a lot. Mine is fairly decent from the gear side too so I've switched to her.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I finally macro'd my way to my first ever TMR... Black cats hat. She started out at 45% from all the dupes I rolled into her so my useful ones like dualcast and dual wield are only halfway there.
Why they had to put such a lovely mechanic into this game I will never understand.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I didn't even realise there was something going on. I tried to log in and get the macro started as usual but it's done nothing but crash and burn.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Kegslayer posted:

I was Bediddled! :argh:

I burnt 40 tickets trying to get Olive or Shine but now luck so far. I'm wondering if its worth burning the remaining 40 since Orlandu will never come.

I used the 4 tickets I had and got 3 Shera in a row followed by Shine. Then I hit the half price summon for giggles and got a rainbow Lightning (Which is superb because I didn't have one yet).

Some nice luck for me which I'm sure doesn't make you feel any better but w/e ;)

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
My half price summon today was a rainbow which got me rather excited. It turned out to be Marie, a unit I've never seen before but is 6* capable. The web pages I found suggest she's a niche shielding unit good for bosses with elemental attacks.

Is she worth prioritizing to level up and equip or just add to the todo queue?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I have luka and WW Fina for 6* heals atm and no tm dual cast

Sounds like I should wait till I have refia maxed and that dual cast materia before I'll stand a chance

Oddly enough I got my Refia the dual cast materia recently but I'll be buggered if I can figure out how it works. For example, hitting DC then curaja lets me select the target as usual and the red 1 appears on it but hitting it again (or any other valid spell) seems to clear the DC and make it work like a normal spell again. It's probably something really obvious in the UI but it escapes me.

On the plus side though I read the last few pages and realised the unit I got from the half price summon yesterday is a good one - Soleil. Of course all the rare tickets and other pulls were junk.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I bring you a tale from the luck side today. One of those "I thought it could never happen to me" moments.

Doing my daily log in tasks I flipped over to summon for the daily. It threw me a blue crystal as usual and I thought "ho hum, another Fran?" and tapped it. It turned into a yellow crystal. "OK", I thought "this is unusual. Maybe it'll give me something handy". So I tapped it and it turned into a rainbow crystal. I kind of stared at it gobsmacked for a couple of seconds then thought "Meh, it's just teasing. It'll be some garbage or other". I tapped it, it swirled and up came a unit I'd never seen before and frankly not even heard of (I don't really bother chasing the news or scanning spreadsheets). I thought I'd better look this up and see if it's any use, swiped back to the summon banners and there she was looking at me. "Oh, I pulled the main banner unit..."

:stonk:

There's even a bundle to get her to 6 star. So keep on hoping guys, it CAN happen and one day, it might happen to you.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Cartoon Man posted:

Don't fall for this ever, it's a Lapis trap. Wait till the next King Mog event, there's one every month.

Yeah I figured it might be and as you say, the next event won't be far off. I'll probably spend the rest of today chuckling to myself and humming 'Come on Aileen...' from that cliche 80s song.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
My Lightning finished her TMR today and I gave the scarf to Chizuru who has DW, the ATK from katana one and another ATK booster. Or would the scarf be better off on Lightning after I gear her a bit?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Tipme posted:

Tm grinding for the scarf is questionable but if that's what you got, between chiz and lightning, I'd say lightning, she would generate more LB crystals. And if blade mastery is on your chiz, I assume she has more atk and you want to be doing more higher attack moves.

That makes sense, phantom blade is something I'd want more than the base attack. Is there a list somewhere sorted by TM usefulness. I've put off going through the units to figure out an order for ages. I find the UI pretty tedious and I'm not familiar enough to know at a glance which blobby picture is which.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

PaybackJack posted:

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Trust_Master_Reward

Sad to say that Aurora Scarf is near the bottom of the accessories list.

Thanks. I've done a couple of the good ones but I'll sort what I have into a queue now based on that and swap them in when someone finishes.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Khisanth Magus posted:

I was Bediled!

Also used 7 total tickets, all blue. Extra Kain and Firion(which I realize now I shouldn't have merged that Kain into my existing Kain cause I will probably get enough moogles for 2 TMRs from him), another Ignis so I guess yay for another Letters and Arms. Rest complete trash.

I used 6 tickets I had saved up: Guy, Kain, Rosa, Bedile, Reberta - Ding, ding - all stop there thanks.

And the special free pull was Zidane which is welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Nuebot posted:

Yeah I just did, works fine now. :shrug:

The new version of Memu is a real swine to update to (the 2.9 I had didn't recognize 3.0 as newer so I had to backup the OVA, uninstall, install new, restore) but so far it's completely solid. The reddit guys TMR macro runs without crashing or going out of FFBE too.

• Locked thread