Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

HGH posted:

Also ran into a dumb arena team of Cecil, 3 Arc and a Lightning. Didn't seem too bad.
The Arcs knew Meteor. All three of them.

That is awesome and I am jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

McSpankWich posted:

I was just going to post this. I got literally all my espers to max just from doing that exploration for like..... 3 days. It was ludicrous

Phantom Forest is obv not as good, but still solid for esper leveling. I probably should concentrate on it more but so much stuff to do to try and get myself set up right going forward. I can't even TM farm properly because the NRG is going to cactuars right now =/

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Evil Fluffy posted:

This time next week we'll be chaining meteors and there will be no survivors. :science:

Temptation has me wanting to dump cash so I can TM farm my 3 Ludmilles then run ExDeath x 2 + Rydia x 3 all with DC. Ten space rocks should be enough to kill stuff I think.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

McSpankWich posted:

Only need 2 Rydias! Cecil with Focus provides a larger bonus to damage than the two extra castings (I think)

Well chain number 9 and 10 vs 40% boost to the first 8. Dunno which is better, but more space rocks = more fun so that wins anyway :)

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Fenrir posted:

Jesus, Rikku is loving ridiculous.

Is she the one who was casting auto-res to full everything on almost every turn?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

AegisP posted:

Tilith was the one in the top right either Full Raising individual people or Party Full Raising when he lost 2-3 people.

Rikku's the one bottom left using her Limit Break every other turn to put up a party Auto-Revive. She has other awesome abilities, but she kind of had to put up a party Auto-Revive every time it was available.

Yeah the lower left girl - she pretty much makes a party invincible now doesn't she? Also it was auto-revive to full health AND MP. That is insane.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

AegisP posted:

The Auto-Revive from Rikku is to 80% hp. Shouldn't have been mana restore, but he uses Ramza in that fight to constantly sing, which turns him into a party mana battery.

He probably would have wiped if the boss managed to kill Rikku twice. Then he wouldn't have an auto-revive available which might have allowed it to kill too many characters on the following turn when the shields were down.

OK at least a little less game-breaking, and it explains what Ramza was doing there.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Does this mean my next pull will be a lightning?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I am currently in a race to see if I can get the moogle as well - about 23/35 toward it as of this post.....can he do it folks?!?!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Argh waiting on Elza friends to show up in the friend list is making me antsy. 8k away from moogle so hopefully I get a 3 metal god run and all will be well.

Also OMG Baram dat ExDeath is nawice. I will have me one soon enough......well as soon as I pull a drat Zidane anyway!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
WTF if anyone else is running karma still has the friend effect stopped working for anyone else? I just ran it twice in a row with zero additions for friend units.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I needed two more non-metal god runs to make moogle, now that is 4.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

AegisP posted:

Sounds like compensatory lapis to me!

(seriously though, that sucks for people still trying to farm the event currency)

Edit: Oh man, new Arena bans: Recovery Abilities, Status Altering Abilities. RIP Healers.

And helloooooooooo SPACE ROCKS!!!!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Twelve by Pies posted:

For only 200 lapis a run, seems like it's just better to quit the stage if you don't see 4 battles right away, it isn't worth the effort otherwise.

........uhhh did anyone try working the system on this like for Maxwell? Did I completely miss the boat?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Twelve by Pies posted:

Sorry, I meant karma, not lapis, edited my post. But yeah. I'm just entering the ADV stage and going to the menu and if I don't see 4 battles, I just choose to give up. It was worth it when I had 3 BF units for the karma bonus, but only 200 karma a run isn't worth spending time with.

Ahhhh. I was thinking if you force closed when it shows the # of battles maybe you can get a battle reset until you see there is 4 then finish the run.

GOT THE drat 35k - after that unit bonus change I plowed through ASAP out of fear they would close the stuff down early.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

aherdofpenguins posted:

So after this event I think we'll have some time to run something that isn't karma related. What kind of things are worth farming? Mag +10%, Atk +10%, Def +10%, Hero Rings, anything else other than the obvious experience and awakening mat farming?

I need the break from a farming event - since karma started I picked up 4 units that need to get to 6* max and I have zero gigas to assist so Maranda coast/Dwarven forge is where I am going to live once all the bridge stuff gets cleared.

Thoughts on the new bonus-to-the-bonus lapis bundles to buy? The $50 one is best value, but what are the general feelings on it?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Can ELT be a friend carry if I go heavy defensive? I still don't have great DPS yet (Luneth is almost there, 2 CoDs I just pulled like 3 and 4 days ago)

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
How many actions does Gilgamesh have a turn? It feels advantageous to force him every turn to use one of them to dispel on himself.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Shark Tower posted:

You guys ever see some teams and think to yourself about how different your lives would be if you could afford to whale this hard on pixels?

Did you win?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

deltah posted:

For leveling espers am I better off maxing golem first or always getting the 1.5x bonus and spreading the megacites around? It seems like provoke is a go to spell for many boss encounters but my golem is sitting at 15. I'm doing the chambers thing but it feels underwhelming.

Definitely better off getting certain things first like Provoke from Golem, and Man-eater/Demon Killer from Diabolos. Getting even one very powered up character is much better than having 5 good-to-great ones.

Also I should listen to my own advice.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

jaclynhyde posted:

Did my daily pull, I'm up to nine Exdeaths. He's like friggin' kudzu.

Holy..........no really grind some of them TMs up and get some Holy.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Should I be grinding the bridge for Excalipoors? Someone put it out there that there may be an exchange program in the future so I am now paranoid.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

CoD/Greg/WoL/Arc/Refia certainly works, but you could sub in Agrias for WoL. Either way a quality party.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Mrit SA posted:

I had the same problem as a new player. And I'd like to suggest the same approach I eventually took.
Stop trying to beat Veritas.
Go grind levels, awaken your units, don't bother with story progression for a few days. Spend some lapis to run through the Chamber of Experience a few dozen times. When you come back you will find him trivial.

This should be advice for any newbie in general. If you hit a roadblock do something else in the game for a while instead of bang your head against a wall. Whether that be finishing quests or grinding xp/materials/crystals or lapis quests in scenarios it is better than wasting NRG trying a super difficult boss over and over again and losing. I hit a roadblock in the coliseum with ADV Archileuth so I left it for a week+. Came back to it because of the coliseum wins as part of the daily quests and it ended up being trivial because I had powered up so much in that time.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Stop this teasing me bullshit with your Zidane crap. Seriously he does not exist and we all know you guys are just injecting him into your rosters at this point.

That is the story I keep telling myself to keep from crying from not getting one yet :(

Edit: seriously

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 28, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Tall Tale Teller posted:

CoD with the golem rod has made the arena even more hilarious! Between that and my kefka with boo!, chumps just sit there frozen and get smushed. I love it.

Also, I'm still chasing an Exdeath and Gilgamesh this banner, I've pulled three more CoD's and five more Bartz'. I've got him coming out of my butzhole.

I really wish I had more BC Lids maxed out because hex strike is loving LOL in the arena right now. Everybody must get stoned! :)

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Oh my gosh.......guys I need a counselor now due to massive gacha depression after seeing that last 11-pull. Nobody deserves that :(

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

AegisP posted:

I just swipe back and forth in Miranda Coast while reading/watching poo poo on my computer, since there's a good long straight path. Assuming I have the patience for Miranda Coast on that particular day and don't just bother with XP Vortex for the day.

Throw in some Dwarves' Forge so you can craft more hero rings when you get 10/10 fire/ice megacrysts.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Don't necesarily neglect DEF on a healer like Refia. A beefy healer that can take a punch or two is never a bad thing.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

Ok I took everybody's suggestions and came up with dual cast cheat mode Refia 2.0:

She now has three HP+15% materia alongside her dual cast. With the muscle belts, she should be less squishy.

Dat's a good healer yo.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
What we need is for there to be a rod or mace that has some SPR attached so you can ditch one HP +15% for a heavy shield use. A possible 20%+ boost to DEF is probably better than the 15% to base health for not-dying purposes, but not worth it losing that much SPR.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

NinjaDebugger posted:

I'm confused. My Refia has magi staff and heavy shield equipped, why would you need a rod or mace? She's rocking equip shield, dualcast, stona, and melody of life, plus magi staff, flame shield, mystery veil, minerva bustier, 2x muscle belt.

ummmm OK I was unaware staffs are NOT 2-handed weapons. Wow whoops!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

It is entirely possible to be a manual player, here is my A team and I've never once macroed.

But I will admit to dropping cash in the Lapis store once or twice.

Not to mention getting pretty drat lucky with your pulls!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

rio posted:

I finally got my 3 recent 3 star pulls to 5 stars each so I have 4 5 star characters on my team! (CoD, Faris, Exdeath and Elza who was already 5 star). Lenna is still 3 but I'll work on her next. These Black Friday bundles have been helpful.

Question - what are the mechanics of the rewards based on who I am choosing to fight in the arena? If I choose someone lower rank, equal, or higher rank are the rewards different? I am not seeing too much difference but maybe I am missing something. Should I just be choosing the scrubbiest opponent that I have from the choices each time?

Winning >>>>>>>>>>>> losing as you get medals (ratio * 10 rounded down I believe) when you win, one medal if you lose. Also your rank score goes up by (ratio + streak bonus) if you win, 10 pts if you lose.

So cherry pick to your heart's content. This is what I do and it gets me top 30k for weekly/monthly easily. Could have possibly made top 3k this week if I pushed it and did a couple of lapis refreshes, and the highest ratio I fought might have been a 1.10? Most were .80-.90.

Another thing - the streak bonus is pretty important to keep around. Wiping the floor with the guy who has a Rain/Lasswell/Bedile/etc. as their leader over and over again can be very advantageous!

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 1, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Arena is broken for me in a good way. I have full orbs even after running it 5 times and no lapis refreshes!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Since I first said something I have never had less than 4 orbs in the arena and I have continuously been doing battle after battle. About 60 fights so far.

edit: after writing that it appears the arena is back to normal now. I am losing orbs after battle. I jinxed it :(

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 1, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
It doesnt make any sense to run a trap guy in your lead because as far as I know you dont see how many people you trap so no satisfaction you successfully trapped someone.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Wait is this an infinite 20 lapis per run? As in you refresh your orbs for 100 lapis and get it all refunded multiple times over?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Shoenin posted:

Eh, too much effort

Unless it drops me out the 30k's

I am trying to get ahead of the monthly 30k rank for December so I can do other things instead of waiting on orbs since right now infinite free orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm tapping out for the night, can't keep my eyes open any more.

My gosh man 23k+ arena points for December :stare: Yeah a break might be in order.

• Locked thread