Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I haven't seen metal gods in a week, but I did just pull my first rainbow. Weird.

It was DK Cecil, so that's cool. I've got a solid team, is he worth grinding up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

My daily halfster was Gilbert. Gross.

I might as well have pulled with friend points, but I've had really good luck lately so I have nothing to complain about.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I totes bought them both. The way I figure it, I'm swimming in lapis from the arena and the mission rewards, plus only 1600 or whatever they were for cactaurs, quartz, sacred crystals and summon tickets is a good deal.

I'm just waiting for this dumb event to be done. I'm sick of chasing the metal god dragon, but I just can't stop. I hate it. It's like heroin I tells ya.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

CoD with the golem rod has made the arena even more hilarious! Between that and my kefka with boo!, chumps just sit there frozen and get smushed. I love it.

Also, I'm still chasing an Exdeath and Gilgamesh this banner, I've pulled three more CoD's and five more Bartz'. I've got him coming out of my butzhole.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Thanks a ton gumi. The daily login rewards are all just arena rewards this month. Looks like it's gonna be a dry spell on lapis for awhile.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Got a sazh up for this dumb event. It's dumb. I'm dumb. 565 398 787

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Woah. I just realized the weapons are exclusive to the XIII characters. I was wondering why nobody was looking forward to giving their CoD's a new boomerang. Looks like I'll just be grinding for mats, tickets and cactuars. At least those are still there.

God this is dumb. I'm gonna pull my Sazh back off and throw an okay 6 star Bartz back up. I'm f2p, so my stuff isn't that great, but tevs.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Still trying for an exdeath too.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I got my first rakshasha.

Bedile? More like shedile, amirite?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I decided to burn five tickets since Noctis is bailing out. I didn't get him, big loving surprise.

I did pull my first Zidane, which is rad, Xiao, also rad, and a Charlotte, my billionth Galuf, and that wiener Duane.

I don't macro, since I play on my phone, but sooner or later I'll have to start TM farming (manually. Ick.) Earth Shrine is the way to go yeah? My teams are all really solid, I just don't have any super amazing gear or abilities outside of event stuff. My closest TM is 64% on Agrias.

Anywho, grntstmb 565 398 787 for a middle of the road DK Cecil. I can throw up a middling crew of idiots too, almost everyone max level.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I always just bring along Faris to provoke the Vajra's jump, a goon noctis or Gilgamesh to lightning flask or divider the gently caress out of him. Three jacks and a seven net me around 800 doodads. Mirage best on faris nerfs the doublicorn too.

So what I'm saying is thanks goons for having swole units.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

hagie posted:

Is Blizzard Flask not considered magic?

Definitely used it to kill the Lich for my 1st go round...didn't get the reward. I mean this is easy enough to just go back and re-do it, but that's weird.

Flasks are abilities. Been burnt by that before fo sho!

At least this event is pretty easy, exdeath just can't get any more useful, can he? He's a Leatherman wrapped in a tree, wrapped in plate mail. The candy drops are low low low, but I'm sure that'll change, and I haven't seen any Rabites yet either. It's not like I have anything to work on except for tm grinding anyways.

Also, big whoop, I got a Primm. 565 398 787

Tall Tale Teller fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 3, 2017

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

This event is balls because they forgot that the characters who give you a bonus should be halfway decent at the loving thing. I have no idea how I should try to gear Primm to be useful. I have a drat dual wield on her but only the saber attacks get used twice,

Dual sabers are pretty bomb, bruh. If you have primm, a lightning and an exdeath, I can't understand how you're having trouble with anything for this event.

Sure, primm and the other 2 huff dongs, but you should be able to steamroll every enemy by hitting their weaknesses. Especially if you bring along a breaker. I'm rolling Agrias, exdeath, CoD, primm, and Poipoi, who does nothing but diddle his butthole, and really don't have too many issues unless my friend unit sucks.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Cry Havoc posted:

i hang onto at least one copy of every unit because who knows when one might get an upgrade

Meeeee tooooooo

Also because someday a FFVI unit will be worth a drat. MAGITEK ARMOR TERRA, I'M LOOKING IN YOUR DIRECTION.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

More Final Fantasy, less original character do not steals. Yeah, I know those TM's are awesome, but I can't macro, so I don't care, and these Gumi characters are lamewad as f. My poor sad TM grinding team highest percentage is like 4.2 on a zidane, and I've been playing since July.

None of these recent banners have given me anything I want to chase for, so I'm sitting on 94 tickets.

I can't wait to check out the new stuff today though.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

My bitching earlier was unfounded

Refia x 2
Celes
Hayate
Gaffgarion
Fran
Garland
Cecil
lightning! My first lightning!
Locke
Roselia

I didn't have Refia, lightning, or Locke. I'm happy.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Is this dumb egg stuff random? I've run a bunch of earth shrine runs and battles and have seen nothing. I'm locke'd up and everything.

I skipped all the cutscenes in the egg quest retardation, so maybe I missed something?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Is there any point in leveling and awakening the second Ariana I got from the event? I think it said you'd get lapis for awkanening one, but it sounded like only one?

I squished her right into the other dumb rabbit I won't ever use.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Got a setzer right outta the gate. First crystal on an 11 pull, got four more Terra's, a gau, another chizuru and some trash. But now I'm having connection issues and can't log in. I'll slap a Vernard or something on setzer as soon as I can.

565 398 787

Seriously though, why can't I make my magitek armor terra a contender, why why why?

Tall Tale Teller fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Wow, gently caress this event. My whole team of bonus characters nets me a whopping 300 fish a run.

Cram it with walnuts gumi.

I gotta say though, the sprite for the apocryphos is RAAAAAAD.

• Locked thread