Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Finally killed Maxwell while achieving the Diablos and limit burst missions thanks for force close scumming. Ahhh flashbacks of FFRK right there.

And now I have yet another TM that I could reeeeeeeeeeally use, but I'm still a couple of days away from finishing my next 100%, and have a large clump of ones in the 50%-60%s. I should really just enable the 'use lapis' macro and let it fire away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I want to 6* my ExDeath, but he's at like level 13/15 of his limit break at 4*, so I kind feel like I'm in it for the long haul at this point.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
11 pull netted ExDeath #2 and 3, Bartz, and another Agrias. I feel like I have every decent unit at this point except for a 5* and Zidane, so no dual wields for me.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Pro Tip:

If you run down either side of the bridge in the FF5 event, you will skip a large majority of the fights.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Finally crafted a Shining Splendor. Only took god knows how many days of 2x Forest Shrine clears to get enough wood for everything. Thank god it's my 5th strongest attack weapon, I don't know what I would have done without out.

(the power creep is real)

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The last even wasn't so bad, once everyone had their Elzas tricked out...and you weren't going for all of the abilities...or the trust moogle...or all of the tickets. :v:

Basically get the cactaurs, the cheap 6* mats, and get outta dodge.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
drat this event is definitely a "get the cactuars and get out" type of deal. Even with Sazh's weak bonus you're still only getting 1.5 cactuars or one single 'cheap' 6* mat per run.

Terrible returns regardless of how easy the event might be.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Well, now there is definitely no reason to do the Hanging Edge this week if there will basically be another 100% increase in drops starting on Friday.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Someone must have deleted some code or some user accounts or something. Goddamn.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Gears per run with Sazh went from 150 to 300, so that's great. Will be even better once (friend) Lightning gets her bonus.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I was able to grind out the Dragon with:

CoD, Agrias, Firion, Refia, Cecil, and some decently strong Lightning (Dana's was on cool down sadly).

Basically it was a good number of rounds of buffing, auto attacking, and Provoking. Defend on Release, and mix in some reviving, some Comeback when Refia's LB wasn't up for the mass blind/silence, and the occasional Esuna for paralysis. But otherwise, buff, attack, and provoke.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

McSpankWich posted:

Did you watch the dumb cutscene with that chick crying about her dead husband or whatever. You have to take the left exit from town square AFTER the parade cutscene. I missed it too.
Thanks for this - christ that was annoying.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Physical dps is for whales and TM grinders. I've never felt weak as a f2p player with a magic based team, even in arena. 4 casters chaining thundaga and a tank to provoke will put out a lot of damage.
I agree with this 100%. I've never pulled a base 5*, so my physical DPS is pretty lacking. But my magic team is 15% away from four characters being able to all dual-cast Thundaga. I did skip the entire Arena week where Black Magic was banned though - it hurt my monthly rating, but uhh it really just wasn't worth the time.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
First place dude has over 70k points. That's a lot of refreshing.

Too bad the raid rewards fall off so hard after the top 100 or whatever. No real reason to kill yourself grinding after receiving the individual rewards.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Huh, I can't trigger the ADV Aquapolis boss fight or even exit the final screen. Tried exiting the screen and coming back, but beyond that, quit and restart I guess. Thanks Gumi.

edit: I guess I missed the sparkle near the last chest to trigger the memory - whoops!

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 6, 2017

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Cleared March of the Beasts with:
CoD, Bartz, Cecil, ExDeath, Refia, and a friends huge Noctis.

Bartz and dual cast on Refia were key. Entrust and Life Giver made the whole thing possible with Dual Cast bringing him back constantly. Kept Noctis full and happy so he could carry the team.

Still ended up using a full set of Elixirs, Turbo Ethers, and Phoenix Downs. Goodness.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
5* ExDeath hit 20/20 on his Limit Burst, so he got a 6* upgrade. 3350 points for level 21...goddamn. Level 25 is going to take a while. At least I can actually start using him now!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Rainbow from the free pull today. Refia (already have a max). So far my three rainbows pulls have been Refia, Cecil, and Lenna - all duplicate pulls after I have had each of those characters maxed out already. Thanks Gumi!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Cleared all of ELT in one go with CoD, Bartz, Cecil, Refia, ExDeath, and 850 friend Noctis, but boy it was close. ExDeath was constantly dead I the last fight so he would've been better served as anyone else. Dual cast Refia was MVP (as usual), but I think everyone on the team died at least twice through the fight. Bartz being a battery didn't even come into play since there was never a round where Curaja did not need to be cast at least once, so dual revive was out.

Fun event. I still wish I had a Dual Wield anything, but at least Dual cast is putting in some serious work.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Man it sucks that Dual Wield is so neccessary to get any melee unit up to beefcake status. Awoke Firion to 6* today and pushed him to 100. But even with some decent TMs like Excalibur, Black Cowl, Bracer, and Power of Creation (then other average stuff like hero ring and regular atk abilities), he's only sitting around 550 attack. That's not bad, but it doesn't even come close to any DW unit on my friends list.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Bartz and Dualcast Refia (and friend Noctus) again make ELT a one-and-done. Long fight though.

There was no chance of getting the "No White Magic" reward - f that noise. I was doing ok for the first few rounds, then the Captain summoned a full load of 4 Sergeants and I started immediately dual-casting Curaja.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Look at all theses TMs that don't mean jack without Dual Wield.

(maybe Olive's is a good replacement but lol nat 5*)

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Hope, Snow, and a bunch of trash as expected!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Sort by Trust Mastery name is great way to find crappy stragglers to mash together.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Seems like another event where its way faster to take a strong single unit (even a magic user!) and blaze through PRO with as many event bonus units as possible.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Gilgamesh fight is tough. It's hard not running out of MP while keeping everyone topped off and still attacking with most of the elementals.

Then sometimes he confuses the beefy Noctis and that's a wipe. Welp.

Edit: or when he one shots Cecil on transform.

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 9, 2017

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Well, after this banner everyone should have multiple dual wields - hot drat! Fire up dem macros.

Forcing you to deal with Trust Moogles for 4* units that you don't have is kind of annoying though!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I look forward to my friends list filling up with Orlandus as my 70 tickets go towards the other crappy TMs on the banner.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
40 pulls - obviously no TGC, but then no Soleil either wtf.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
NinjaD's Lightning vs ELT Ifrit is like some sort of hilarious screensaver.

Go little Lightning, go!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Of course I roll Y'shtola at 1.1 million points. :rolleyes:

At least she's already at 90% TM I suppose.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

NinjaDebugger posted:

Gil-killer Lightning is up now for those who have me on their list. Just get her past the third milestone, alive and attacking, make sure auto-limit is off, and hit auto. She's equipped with Excalibur and Chirijiraden, and is immune to status ailments, so have fun.
Is there some strategy to cheese this to get to the 3rd threshold? For the life of me I keep wiping between 50% and 80%. Should I just take another support, so it's Cecil, Refia, two attackers for elements (no dual wield) and just grind it out to 80%?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The wiki says higher story dungeons drop more eggs.

Fina's Pysche Frontlines - Power on Power (the last story stage so far) seems to net anywhere from 2.5k to 4k eggs.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The equipment loop for this event is annoyingly roundabout.

World Map locations for metal eggs. Metals summon red/blue/rainbow eggs. Trade Rainbow eggs for recipes. Red/blue craft Chocolate/Great eggs. Chocolate/Great+Rainbow craft Magical/Radiant eggs. Then recipes are a combination of the crafted items and various eggs.

So the Second Knife ultimately costs something like 60 rainbow eggs and ~600 red/blue eggs.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Dana Crysalis posted:

Christ, is there anyone left in this thread who has BAD luck on pulls?
I've been playing since launch and my only nat 5* is Dark Fina. And I didn't get a Zidane until the most recent Player's Choice banner. :shrug:

But I have pretty much every decent base 4*, so that's been enought to clear almost all of the content so far.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Blah. Dark Fina can solo carry PRO, so with a friend bonus unit it's basically more efficient than gambling with a beefy friendly Cid.

Maybe once my Setzer gets some levels he'll be able to help a Cid with a strong chain on ELT.

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 20, 2017

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Finally have a good bonus unit to contribute to this event. Cleared out a bunch of friend slots, so feel free to add me. Setzer can solo PRO and can clear ELT with a friend's beefy Setzer or Trance Terra for maximum bonus fish. And after this screen shot I just threw on an Air Knife, so at least one of his weapons has some elemental damage, but his attack will be a little lower.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Welp. Setzer just Double-Diced (with a fire weapon) Kefka for 3.5 million in the 2nd round. :aaa:

I guess the challenge now is figuring how to stall out enough to summon both Espers before trying to hit the 40% Double Dice damage.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Shoenin posted:

Can Setzer really cheese the Kefka fight?
Yes. As long Setzer has an elemental weapon equipped (and no element on off-hand, if DW). Cast Double Dice when Kefka is weak to his weapon's element, and you have a 40% chance of hitting for 55555 or 77777 damage, either of which will one-shot Kefka with the fight's damage modifier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Equip H Armor (with Demon Mail) can combo with Dark Knight's Soul decently enough for some ATK-based units. Maybe not as good as some other forced combos, but sometimes you gotta take what you can get.

• Locked thread