Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
So what was up with that warning announcement this morning? Are they trying to ban macro users, or are they referring to people who are hacking the game to get TM rewards? Because if they start banning macro users, welp, I'm done with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm really struggling with second round Gilgamesh, anyone have any advice? I'm running CoD/Light/Agrias/Lenna/Tellah, should I pull out Tellah for Dracu Lasswell for more survivability? I just can't hurt him before I get worn down and people start dropping, then it's over.

I'm making a run now with a friend Cecil so we'll see if that helps.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Team cheese whiz!

That would have been an amazing team 3 months ago.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Shoenin posted:

The FF5 event is still good through next thursday correct?

Still gotta beat Elt. The 1st Gilgamesh was easy, the 2nd one not so much.

I believe until the 8th. Hopefully I can get Cecil to 100 by then to try again after about 10 failures on elite.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Finally beat elite Gilgamesh after grinding Cecil up to 100. Survived with Lightning at 40 hp and just enough mp for one hail mary barrage.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've got 50% of trust moogles sitting around, and my TM team is all in the 20-30% range, so I'm going to be able to max out someone soon. Who is the one I should dump to get first?

Agrias - Save the Queen
Cecil - Excalibur
Ludmille - Dualcast
Maxwell - whatever the 30% atk materia is
Arc - Omnirod

My usual party is Lightning/CoD/Dracu Lasswell/Tellah/Lenna, so I'm really leaning towards Cecil for the Excalibur since I think that fits Lightning the best of the two swords, since she needs to keep a katana in one hand since I have blade mastery, and maybe one day I'll get lucky and pull an Orlandeau. Any thoughts?

I used to use Kefka in my party but I moved in Tellah for Arena because of raise, and I do have an Exdeath but he's still 3* level 8 so a ways away from him being viable, but I suspect he'll replace Tellah when the time comes, so dualcast seems a lot less needed for me than it did a month ago. Agrias/WoL/Cecil step in place of CoD or Lasswell as appropriate.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 3, 2016

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cry Havoc posted:

golem staff makes arena so easy

being on the receiving end is not so fun though

need to grind some ribbons out

It was better when I could use dual wield barrage :(

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can confirm stat pot increases stay with units when they awaken.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Any day now Gumi...

Facebook says it got delayed another 4 hours til 9pm eastern

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Compensation:

28 lapis
50 energy
5000 friend points

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Everyone gets a nip slip Shadow.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I finally pulled a Zidane, lets do another 22 hour maintenance tomorrow!

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ApplesandOranges posted:

Can a Lightning solo ELT with a carry? Just asking because I pulled Vanille so I can now run a full bonus team (Sazh/Sazh/Fang/Vanille/Light).

I still didn't get the one unit I wanted (Snow).

I've been able to run Elite with my 565atk Lightning carrying any other Lightning with >575 atk, along with a snow and 3x Sazh.

Round 1: Lightnings both electric blitz, one turn kill
Round 2: Sazh deprotect, one light crushing blow (mine has a ton of mp), low mp light attacks, one turn kill
Round 3: Sazh deprotect, both lights crushing blow or fire blitz, snow and 2x Sazh attack to chain, one turn kill
Round 4: same as above, should take off more than 50% so he charges, turn 2 repeat for kill.

Gets around 1150 gears per run.

Now of course it's not super easy to get a Lightning up to that level in the first place, and you won't always have friend units available with that kind of firepower, but it's absolutely possible.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 10, 2016

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
At any point in the JP version do they allow you to have different equipment loadouts for different teams? It's a gigantic pain in the rear end that equipment is locked to characters, or that if I want to switch my Lightning from an Arena to an event build, I have to go manually change that every time.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If anyone wants a 601atk Lightning for event, I just cleared out a handful of inactives off my list.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tipme posted:

20 Hanging Edge ELT's and I seen maybe 4 or 5.

I've seen four the entire event and I've put almost all my nrg towards it. Lucky to see one a day. Comparable to the BF event, maybe 5% rate at best?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Rigel posted:

Aside from whaling, how the gently caress do you get TM up in a reasonable amount of time? 0.1% 10% of the time you run a quest seems absurd.

Running macros on an emulator overnight/all day.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

rio posted:

Is Charlotte good? Googling around it seems like she is good (I saw a recommendation that she is actually better than WoL?). I don't have a tank on my team and don't know if she is worth swapping in - my team is CoD, Elza, Farris, Exdeath and Lenna.

Oh and I used my free ticket and got another Fang. That is 8 fangs out of 15 pulls for those counting.

You need a full breaker more than a tank, so I'd keep Farris in until you find someone better.

To clarify, other than arena and some of the very recent trials/event bosses, I've found absolutely no need for a tank for any of the content I've run up against. Maybe I'd level up Charlotte if you have your core 5 all maxed for arena purposes but otherwise I think you should stick with what you've got.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 12, 2016

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

rio posted:

Where the heck can I get brilliant rays? I read they are in the pro awakening dungeon and have been hitting it hard - I also needed wicked drops and they are dropping (slowly) but I have not gotten one brilliant ray. There are a few from the king moogle but not enough...I wish I could grind gears for them because unless I am in the wrong dungeon (I hope so) they are absurdly rare or I am just really unlucky.

Wiki says pro awakening is it.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Over/under: 10% chance maintenance ends at originally scheduled time.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Any last minute desperation whaling for her royal pinkness? Come on ... somebody post an 11 pull of fail, we must be entertained tonight!

I had an odd number of tickets so did a single pull and got Kefka number 2. I'm sure whoever pulls next will definitely get a Lightning.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Burned 14 tickets because I was bored, I was going to just use two, but then I kept getting good units so couldn't stop.

Cyan
Exdeath number 3
Refia
Mercedes
Mercedes
Mercedes
Bedile
Artemois
Rydia
Arc number 11
Rosa
Anselm
Fang number 2
Snow number 2

I can definitely live with this. Lot of new units and some decent tms I don't mind duplicating. Refia I really needed.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Would you consider buying lapis to fuel TM macro grinding a wise investment. I'm around 75% on my first DW, which goes up to about 90 if I were to combine my two Zidanes.

Do not combine them. You want as many as you can get. And I burn lapis for my grinding, I have the units i want so what do I really need lapis for? I'm content pulling dailies and burning event tickets.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MrLonghair posted:

I saw some guy ragequit on the brevius twitter after buying 100k lapis trying to get Noctis and not getting him.

That's what, about 500-600 dollars? :psyduck:

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've got about 30 units now I really want to grind tms on, I'm thinking the better investment is to skip dailies and instead do two nrg recharges a day to just get these things moving. TMs will improve my team substantially better than another 5* base character could, even under the assumption I'd even pull another one. I just have to commit myself at some point to ignore these events and just turn on the macros.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 18, 2016

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

This phones autocorrect will be the death of me.

Edit: and/or my fat goon fingers

Palleon fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 18, 2016

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vexrm posted:

I heard something about Nox calling china every so often?

Memu does too so far as I can tell.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I got Locke's TM, and so I have another open sport on my TM team. Currently I have Maxwell/Chizuru/Mercedes/Zidane on it. The best choices I have I think are:

- Hayate (Black Cowl)
- Gaffigan (Bracer)
. Agrias (Save The Queen)
- Karl (Seal of Destruction)
- Arc (Omnirod)

I'm thinking Save The Queen.

I'd go with the bracer, more versatile since anyone can use it so you get some more loadout flexibility. Also there are already a ton of really good swords out there, so if it takes you a while to get it, it may be a bigger relative improvement (as I assume equipment powercreep will also continue).

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is there any reason to keep multiples of Tellah, Firion, or Black Cat Lid? I've got four of each, trying to trim down my unitblidt, and their TMs don't seem so great I'd want multiples, and I also don't think they're so high priority if want to run them all at once to grind them out faster.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Go RV! posted:

Firion gets real good, but he's needs a ton of TMs to be REAL good. It will probably be difficult to gear two well, so I think you're safe to smoosh them. His TM isn't really that good, so there's no reason to keep multiples for that.

Tellah is a good mage, but if you can already field a mage team, like for this event, you probably don't need the multiples. MP +30% is pretty good, but you've probably got a lot more of more value to TM. This one is your call.

BCLid, that's a hard one, because you're likely to never be able to get them again. Depends on how many do you have, I guess? I have two, just in case. I wouldn't smoosh them, because of the rarity and the unique skill

I've got four exdeath and 3 Kefka so Tellah seems super obsolete to me.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah, Tellah needs to be sent back to the old folks home. If he ever gets a sixth star he might compete with ExDeath if you can put a dualcast on him. Raise is always a useful skill to have, especially if you have no Refia.

I just grabbed Refia last week so yeah, that's why I'm struggling to justify the space. I mean, I'll keep my one, he's still useful, but don't need 4. I've got 140 units, I'm never grinding out that TM.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

kalensc posted:

Running out of 6* upgrade materials. Would you awaken a 2nd Chiruzu, 2nd Cecil, or 1st Snow? I don't have any TM gear so I'd be limited to equipping an 80 and 60 atk katana. Chaining the lvl 100 ability seems like it could be awesome though. Snow would get the atk/def fist from the last event, and I hear that Cecil/Snow can combine to make a really good cover combo?

Also I got my first Edgars recently, is chainsaw meta still a "thing"? I have no 5* bases so I'm always looking for ways to create arena and event damage output.

I don't know under what scenario you'd want a second Cecil or even one Snow in a lineup unless you want to have the douchiest arena team ever. Go with Chiruzu, at least multiple strong attackers has a purpose.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Decided it's Christmas, I'm burning all my tickets on the Noctis banner because why the hell not.

Not a single Bedile or Clyne.

Rosalina off-banner
2x Terra (had none before)
Kefka (my third)
WoL (second, this was accidentally a 500 lapis pull because I was moving too quickly, whoops)
4 Charlottes
Ludmille (5th)
Rakshasa gold crystal (first)
Leo (second)
2 Amarants (third and fourth)

Overall, eh, some new stuff, but at this point, unless I pull a 5* base, the only unit I'm desperately wanting is a second Zidane or my first Miyuki, so I guess all things considered that's not a bad outcome. Some decent TM possibilities.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

HGH posted:

I have way too many smart pots, and my Exdeath is maxed on them. I know Kefka eventually gets a 6* upgrade, and all 3 of my Arcs are 3* right now while my three Kefkas are 5*. Should I just dump the pots on one Kefka?

Bedile does hybrid damage so maybe prep a team of 5 Bedile with pot enhanced magic?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I guess I forget how good I have it with my Lightning. Heat blitz, combined with a physical boost, 2 chained firagas from Exdeath and Tellah, along with any AoE physical from a friend with more than 600atk kills the gifts on turn one, and then Frosty is dead on turn 2.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No joke here but the next global exclusive base 5* unit is going to be ariana grande

https://twitter.com/ArianaGrande/status/815691898232848384

:what:

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for the next Global exclusive character, Piers Morgan.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

hey girl you up posted:

Ugh, I hope that never happens. If FF:BE were to turn into some kind of F2P cash grab, I might have to quit.

Turn into?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait until this opens the door for them to charge 10 grand (more?) to make yourself into a character in the game, and then just wait for them to drop another few thousand trying and failing to pull themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Happy New Year Everyone! I've pulled 2 Shadows and a Bedile in my three daily pulls.

• Locked thread