Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Daily got me a 3* CoD :woop: I already have a lvl 100 CoD, and a lvl 80 ExDeath and 80 Bartz waiting for their new awakenings later this week. I have not yet completed the Maxwell challenge.

Am I best off cactuaring the new CoD to 100 right away to run both of them versus Maxwell for Omniveil + DPS, and then slowly build ExDeath and then Bartz? I have 25~ gigantaurs from the weekend, plus the 100 to purchase from the current King Mog store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hmm, I was on pace to complete the 100 battles before the week reset, but I messed up maintenance timing and now it looks like I'll be at 99 consecutive wins and about 10 minutes from an arena orb when 8PM EST hits. :v:

Does buying a stamina refill for 100 lapis refill the summon orbs too? I could just do it again next week I suppose, but bleh.

Half-off pulled a 4* Karl today, that's pretty silly timing considering I've bought everything except the 15% Mag, Elza skill, and the more expensive 6* crystals. :v:

Edit: 6* CoD, 6* CoD, and 6* ExDeath with Vaan for Focus and Lenna for Cheer is just :stare: in the arena

kalensc fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 24, 2016

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

PathAsc posted:

You can refill orbs by just attempting to do arena/colo iirc to the tune of some lapiz. Haven't done it ever, but I'm sure it's still there.

Ahhh of course, thanks for the reminder! Not sure if it's worth the lapis, more of a good lesson on properly interpreting the maintenance times now that daylight savings is over.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Defeated Maxwell for the Moogle and got the reward for using an LB killing blow, but I'm having trouble surviving until Diabolos can be summoned. It's just Meteor that's killing me, it quad-shots Charlotte who's wearing all the SPR and HP gear she can muster pretty much, and she's dead regardless of her prior action (Defend, Mirage, etc), and then it gets really tough to handle the damage while I accrue more esper gauge.

Any advice? I read through this thread and a lot of reddit stuff, so I know how to avoid the Rune and other big attacks, and I know the threshold % for triggering Meteor and other attacks, but how do I survive it?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

lol that today's 50 lapis are gated behind wasting 3 orbs in the colosseum

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

KataraniSword posted:

It's not a waste if you never finished Colo. :v: I will reach the Defender's Bracer someday...

oh and the blood sword too i guess maybe

I made the sword just before the arena arrived, but I guess it is 3 more towards those impossible achievements. :v:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Do I sell 100% TM'ed FP units? From what I understand, they will ensure trust bonus drops but only for common materials since they're free units?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

How are arena weekly rewards distributed? I feel like I haven't received any to date via the mailbox.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Positive takeaways from this XIII event:

- Record Keeper is a really fairly run F2P gacha game;
- It's a good time to go clear out story dungeons and hit the XP or Awakening Vortices
- XIII maintains it's rightful place as a subpar FF game :v:

Also boy howdy was I pleased to get my dream arena team of 2x maxed CoDs, 2x lvl 80+ ExDeath, and maxed Arc finally set up yesterday. Just in time for no dualcast black magics and no barrages. :ohdear:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Fenrir posted:

This event is bad. No one's arguing that, but it's nowhere near Gravity Rod levels of bad. I mean, seriously guys. We've seen worse.

Considering the backlash that occurred during those lesser events, the fact that this one was released with poor drop rates and higher-than-JP King Mog prices is a bad portent of things to come.

I almost wish I hadn't been fortunate with my mid-summer re-rolls and daily pulls, but as it is I have a solid team as a pure F2P so may as well keep playing, but this event certainly makes it hard to care about BE.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Pulled a Kefka with the daily. That's arguably better long-term than any banner character, sweet.

Kefka, Arc, ExDeath, ExDeath mage murderer's row. :getin:

Hopefully the fallout from this event somehow leads to gumi presenting global with a top-tier holiday banner. *prepares the pig catapult*

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Arena ticket got me a 4* burst pot so now Cecil has a lvl 15 LB and has just awoken to 5*.

Wonder if it's worth waiting for more burst pots and keeping him at 5* or if I should max him out asap. Charlotte's been a reasonably strong tank, but I could def use a 2nd Curaja user plus Cecil's other skills.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

KataraniSword posted:

Lv15 on a 6* Cecil is astounding and honestly I would've suggested maxing him out ASAP even before that.

You could hoard burst pots forever for the Best Cecil or you could get a very good almost-the-best Cecil right now.

As luck would have it I forgot to redeem my daily quests before the day changwd and I tilt-pulled my half-cost daily.

Hello brand new 4* Cecil ready for leveling up while the 5* waits patiently for LB pts. :woop:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Hmm, leaving the final ExDeath battle for the final day may end up costing me :v:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I have a Cecil at lvl 16 Limit Burst. Who should be next? I have a 3* ExDeath but that seems wasteful since most bosses resist status ailments. Just wait for a top-tier healer to pop out of a crystal?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Also Vax I sent a request as KupoKupo toting an adequate CoD. If you have the room I'd appreciate the add. :)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Can someone please provide advice on how to beat Gilgamesh? ELT was going fine until he destroyed me in the final battle.

I had brought Agrais for Full Break, Lenna for Cheer/Heals, Charlotte for Provoke/Defend, and my two maxed CoD's and a CoD friend.

My other characters I could slot in include maxed ExDeath x2, Vaan, or Bartz. Everyone else is stuck at 5* right now, including my two Cecils.

Should I consider bringing a friend Cecil and replacing Charlotte with an ExDeath? Or a second healer (...Fina)?

Thanks for any tips!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Scrublord Prime posted:

Cecil as a second healer and the tank is probably the way to go. Two maxed CoDs should be good DPS. Try to keep Omniviel up for Greg's wind aoe attack, remember to full break every turn, and if you feel that Greg is dishing out too much damage don't forget you can force close the app and hope for better RNG. I beat him with a similar setup: Kefka, Cloud, Lenna, Cecil, Faris, and friend super Cloud and I had a few bad rounds where I had to reset.

That went a bit better but still couldn't keep Lenna nor Agrias alive past the 3rd round. CoDs are only doing 15-20k per hit of barrage and ExDeath was out of MP after 3 turns of Dual Meteor, so lacking DPS as well argh.

How late in an action can I force-quit and reload the app? If I do it as soon as I see if Cecil's cover was successful, i.e. when damage is popping up, will it work?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Scrublord Prime posted:

I couldn't find an exact time when a round was "resolved" and resetting took you to the start of your next turn. There's some point between when the enemy takes their final action and before the animation ends that it locks you in I think. I'd watch to see what the enemy did based on animations, numbers, and health. If I saw Greg do his AoE wind slash and shoot a missile or two at Lenna it was a safe bet she was going down so I'd reset right away. Resetting is free so you can afford to be generous; If things look bad or Greg shot a ton of missiles or your nose feels itchy then reset and hope for better luck. I had reset quite a few times before I got my Greg down.

MP is an issue, without the super DPS of good TMs it'll be a slog. Fill up on Turbo Ethers and Elixirs. I know I ran out on my CoD on Omniviel duty and if Cecil was lucky enough to be the only one punched I coudl top him up with a single Elixir instead of multiple Curajas.

If you have the farplane souls work on crafting some DEF+10%s and load them up on Lenna and Agrias. Crafting Muscle Belts helps too for HP+10% but there might not be enough time for that.

I was also wrong with my setup, I brought Maxwell instead of Kefka because Kefka is loving tissue paper. Maxwell was mostly an item flunky, she wasn't really contributing much to DPS with her moveset but she was durable enough to put off dying. It took... 8 rounds I think? It was a definite slog.

Yeah, the power creep in this game is getting to my party. Lenna explodes way too easily and she's my best healer. I can barely use Kefka for similar reasons.

Cool, thanks again! I'll try relying on resets and items next time.

I just noticed I have 100% in trust moogles saved up. Is there a better option than Ludmille's Dualcast? I don't have a Zidane unfortunately.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

deathbagel posted:

Which units do you have? If you have a Refia then Dualcast is really good. If you have an all mage team with some non-Exdeaths/non-Arcs then Dualcast is really good. If you have mostly attackers you might want to look at stuff like Blade Mastery from Chorizo or one of the big weapons (Rising Sun, Excalabur, Save The Queen, etc)

Or you can just save them and keep praying for a Zidane.

3x ExDeath, Golbez, Vaan
2x Cecil, CoD
1x Agrias, Lenna, Arc, Kefka, Celes, Terra, Chiruzu, Bartz, Maxwell

Off the top of my head they form the majority of my top teams

In tems of future-proofing a DualCast for a great healer is more useful than a great but-mild-upgrade weapon yea?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So, what's a decent strategy for LB farming? I finally got a 3* Cecil and I know he's pretty much the only character worth putting in all the work for. Is it to just run low level explorations and full clear them?

My main Cecil is now at level 18 / 5*, just 2 more 4* Burst pots short of lvl 20. All I did was save LB pots and use them efficiently by consulting tables with the XP per level.

I think those tombstone-like enemies are good to wail against, they have very high Def so they absorb a ton of hits and can let you build up LB gauges multiple times per battle. Grindy though, unless a macro exists.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Phew, took two tries and a full complement of Phoenix Downs and Elixirs but I managed to fell Antenolla. Hope this Mace will be a difference maker for CoD versus Gilgamesh ELT.

When considering friends, how should I compare higher Atk vs lower Atk plus a Killer materia? Unsure if the Killer would apply to just the base stats or include equipment and pot upgrades and whatnot.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 9, 2016

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Woot, managed to take down Gilgamesh. Decided not to use my Trust Moogles yet, will keep hoping for a Zidane to pop out of a crystal. Thanks for the help thread. :D

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

In hindsight I should have dumped tickets into III. Oh well, will be at 125 pulls in tickets/lapis by the end of the year, go go Orlandu.

Just got Sazh #2 from the daily and I have an ELT grinding Q. Right now I run Full Break, 3 DualCast Thundaga, Sazh #1, and friend Lightning for the Imperil Lightning multihit skill, and can "Repeat" my way to a win without taking damage.

Adding Sazh #2 would add 100-110 gears per run (more if cactaur), but I'd be short on damage output without a Full Breaker. It would not be worth it to get him from 3* lvl 38 to 5* lvl 80 just for FB for 3 days of gear grinding right?

There's just no way the extra gears would offset the number of cactuars used by my reckoning, just wanted to see if others agreed. Merci!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Patience has finally been rewarded and I got my Cecil to level 20 LB, and then awakened him to 6* and cranked him up to level 100. :getin:

I know that ExDeath has a scaleable LB that inflicts status debuffs, but am I wrong in thinking that the battles where those effects would land are also battles that aren't very tough to begin with anyways? The majority of the PRO/ELT bosses and Trial bosses are immune to pretty much everything useful, yea?

After Cecil and ExDeath, who's the next 3* base that most people aim to LB-level?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Spent about half of the tickets/lapis I'd accrued since starting in July, but am still without a 5* base, with my only rainbow crystal being a 5* Chiruzu back on that "Player's Choice" banner. While I'm bummed about whiffing on Noctis, the supposed adjustment in 3*/4* distributions seems to be a reality. I'll have to accumulate a lot of crystals and awakening items and cactuars, but asides from a top healer I'm feeling pretty good.

3x Cecil (1 lvl 100)
2x WoL

2x CoD (2 lvl 100)
2x Chiruzu (1 lvl 100)
1x Bartz (1 lvl 100)
2x Firion
1x Maxwell

5x ExDeath (2 lvl 100)
3x Arc
3x Kefka

2x Zidane
4x Vaan
2x Agrias
3x Edgar

2x Lenna
2x Tellah

And then a ton of others where I'm unsure how many to smash for TM and how many to keep for future 6* or TM teams.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Would folks be more interested in a maxed CoD, ExDeath, or Cecil? I have very few TMs so I can't kit them out as well as the top people on my friend's list.

My Cecil is at lvl 20 LB though, so he has 6k hp, 466 Def, 250~ Spr, and his Limit is 69% Atk/Def/Spr for the team. I figure that LB is my version of a super TM, so I'll try that for a bit I suppose?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Cecil/Chizuru/ExDeathx3 is going well, boxes haven't gotten a turn yet. Shouls prob rearrange my espers so Chiz can cast Barblizzara though.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

So I might finally get around to setting up a script thing today/tomorrow, given that this event won't require maximum grinding to earn everything. Dumb question: if I'm logged in on the pc running the Nox or Memu thing, what would happen if I tried to login via the phone app? I presume it would cause an issue? I'm wondering how I could go about having the script run while out of the house but checking in to see if it's working right.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Running out of 6* upgrade materials. Would you awaken a 2nd Chiruzu, 2nd Cecil, or 1st Snow? I don't have any TM gear so I'd be limited to equipping an 80 and 60 atk katana. Chaining the lvl 100 ability seems like it could be awesome though. Snow would get the atk/def fist from the last event, and I hear that Cecil/Snow can combine to make a really good cover combo?

Also I got my first Edgars recently, is chainsaw meta still a "thing"? I have no 5* bases so I'm always looking for ways to create arena and event damage output.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I need help deciding which characters to combine for the 5% TM and which to keep copies of (either for battles or shared TM grind). I pretty much used all 6 months of tickets and lapis I've F2P hoarded on this banner (0 rainbows though :( ) so I'm not super familiar with a lot of the characters. I plan to keep 4 or 5 of each 6*-capable unit, and all of the units with top-tier TMs, but a bunch fall in a spot where I'm unsure if it's better to keep a full team or just combine down to 2 or 3 right away. Any advice would be appreciated!

8 Chizuru (2 maxed, 6 new)
7 ExDeath (3 maxed, 4 new)
5 Garland (all new)
5 Edgar (all new)
5 Edge (all new)
5 Mercedes (all new)
5 Freya (all new)
5 Vaan (1 maxed, 4 new)
4 Cecil (1 maxed, 1 high 5*, 2 new)
4 Firion (1 maxed, 3 new)
4 Ludmille (all new)
4 Gaffgarion (all new)
4 Mustadio (all new)
4 Xiao (1 maxed, 3 new)
4 Kefka (all new)
4 Arc (1 maxed, 3 new)
4 Tellah (1 maxed, 3 new)
4 Celes (1 maxed, 3 new)
4 Golbez (2 maxed, 2 new)
3 Terra (1 maxed, 2 new)
3 Zidane (all new, 1 TM mastered, 2nd TM at 25%)
3 Medius (all new)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

deathbagel posted:

Really though, unless you need the space I'd keep most of them for now.

Awesome advice, thanks so much! :) Glad to hear about the quality of those equipment TMs, guess I'll keep most of the characters and buy more space or use cactuars and pots more expediently.

I do have several other solid-enough characters (in terms of stats or TMs), but only 1-2x each so I wasn't as concerned about keeping them all versus combining:

2x Cloud of Darkness, Agrias, WoL, Lenna, Sazh
1x Bartz, Maxwell, Snow, Vanille

Unfortunately none of my tickets got me a Refia so I'm really lacking in the healer department. Cecil helps a bunch though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

MrLonghair posted:

Gave up, downloaded Nox, Earth Shrine entry macro running, already feeling less gimped. (only one crash in 60 minutes, too) (four and a half days with refreshes constantly running and that's a team of TM from 0%-100% going by my calculations.)

What's the best character I can give the ELT players for when the event goes up? Utilitarian though Holy damge-less Noctis or ExDeath with whatever's best against Dark Fina ELT damage and debuffs? Could boost up a CoD but poo poo for gear and TMs. Can bring a beefed up Vaan for break+focus, can throw a WoL in. Hm.

Were you on Memu before? I started trying this out yesterday and it's been crashing after a few minutes at most, but my laptop is fairly out-of-date. If Memu -> Nox helped you out then I'll give it a shot too.

• Locked thread