Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The Landstander posted:

Does Brock have a shirtless son?

goldberg and brock's fat shirtless sons must TEAM UP in a HANDICAP ELIMINATION MATCH against heath slater's kids

survivor series 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I forgot this was on tonight, went back and watched Goldberg/Lesnar cause it's all I really cared about

lmao

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Abroham Lincoln posted:

goldberg and brock's fat shirtless sons must TEAM UP in a HANDICAP ELIMINATION MATCH against heath slater's kids

survivor series 2017

2 vs. 50.031 doesn't seem terribly fair and might be tough to book, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Was there live. Main event ruled. Some people were pissed the match didn't go longer, why would anyone want to see old man Goldberg flail around for 20 minutes? This was all I wanted.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Haha people are salty as gently caress on the subway ride home from SS and it's redeemed that whole thing. I don't know about y'all but I enjoyed the gently caress out of that card.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Was there live. Main event ruled. Some people were pissed the match didn't go longer, why would anyone want to see old man Goldberg flail around for 20 minutes? This was all I wanted.

Word. Did people think they were going to get an Ishii match out of an oldass Goldberg?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Other than the gently caress finishes I enjoyed that PPV. It set up a bunch of stuff I'd like to see

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

flashy_mcflash posted:

Word. Did people think they were going to get an Ishii match out of an oldass Goldberg?

They didn't expect Sting/Hardy at Victory Road 2011 again, that's for sure.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Haha people are salty as gently caress on the subway ride home from SS and it's redeemed that whole thing. I don't know about y'all but I enjoyed the gently caress out of that card.

I hated the CW finish but otherwise : agreed:. Dudes We were there, what was the reaction like for the Shield spot?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
HOLY poo poo IS THAT BOBBY ROODE IN NXT????????

Why didn't I watch this first. :psyduck:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

This was basically what a Golberg match should have been 12 years ago, never mind now. Nobody should have ever booked Goldberg, win or lose, for long matches.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I hated the CW finish but otherwise : agreed:. Dudes We were there, what was the reaction like for the Shield spot?

It was huge and awesome. We were booing Roman all night but as soon as we saw reunion was coming we freaked out

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

BGrifter posted:

Just wait until you get to the Tag Championship match

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

BGrifter posted:

how did you not know that by now

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Writer Cath posted:

2 vs. 50.031 doesn't seem terribly fair and might be tough to book, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

it'll be like cena and orton vs the raw roster, it'll be great

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BGrifter posted:

Now you get to see a really good show and a genuine MOTYC :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BGrifter posted:

Watching NXT first is like reading the book before the movie. Even if the movie is good you're still disappointed because it couldn't ever live up to the book.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

how did you not know that by now

I bailed on wrestling after the brand split, found an old email in my box offering me free WWE Network from now till February and blindly stumbled on Survivor Series starting in 20 minutes. So yeah, tonight has been full of fun surprises like Heath Slater holding belts with Fat Rhyno in TYOOL2016. :dance:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

BGrifter posted:

he's pretty good in nxt. some would use a g-word to describe him, actually.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

BGrifter posted:

I bailed on wrestling after the brand split, found an old email in my box offering me free WWE Network from now till February and blindly stumbled on Survivor Series starting in 20 minutes. So yeah, tonight has been full of fun surprises like Heath Slater holding belts with Fat Rhyno in TYOOL2016. :dance:

Slater and Rhyno's run to the tag titles is the feel good story of the year

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Dangerous Person posted:

Other than the gently caress finishes I enjoyed that PPV. It set up a bunch of stuff I'd like to see

Yeah, they overbooked it, but each one seemed to have a purpose at least. Even.. vaguely the CW championship bullshit.

Spark That Bled posted:

They didn't expect Sting/Hardy at Victory Road 2011 again, that's for sure.

But that's not what they got. They got a Goldberg match. Like, had they stalled this the gently caress out like the Sting/Hardy match, with Eric Bischoff changing the stipulations and etc etc, then yeah, I'd see where people were coming from. But everyone should have expected it to be short. Maybe not as short as it was, and I was expecting Brock to get in more offense, but I definitely didn't expect it to take 35 minutes or anything like that. I was expecting maybe 3-4 more minutes, Brock hitting an F5 or a few germans before Goldberg going full Goldberg.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

flashy_mcflash posted:

I just got off the subway and totally agree. That was my first live WWE in almost 20 years and I had a good time. I didn't care much either way about the main event but I did enjoy how fuckin piiiiiissed everyone around me was

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Don't bring this sort of weaponized dog gif into here please, I can't handle it!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

thelazyblank posted:

Yeah, they overbooked it, but each one seemed to have a purpose at least. Even.. vaguely the CW championship bullshit.

But that's not what they got. They got a Goldberg match. Like, had they stalled this the gently caress out like the Sting/Hardy match, with Eric Bischoff changing the stipulations and etc etc, then yeah, I'd see where people were coming from. But everyone should have expected it to be short. Maybe not as short as it was, and I was expecting Brock to get in more offense, but I definitely didn't expect it to take 35 minutes or anything like that. I was expecting maybe 3-4 more minutes, Brock hitting an F5 or a few germans before Goldberg going full Goldberg.

I don't think people were expecting the special appareance 40 year old to win this over the unbeatable monster of WWE, and that's why people are shocked. It being a short match ain't got much to do with it.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

triplexpac posted:

:hfive:

It was a Goldberg match. Worked for me.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

tonight between shane and goldberg it really proved that if you are not at least 45 years old you just can't cut it.

loving LOVED main event :coolfish:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'm watching some bits of the Network stream now, they muted the gently caress out of the boos in Romans entrance.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Evil Canadian posted:

tonight between shane and goldberg it really proved that if you are not at least 45 years old you just can't cut it.

loving LOVED main event :coolfish:

Shane is likely dead

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

triplexpac posted:

I'm watching some bits of the Network stream now, they muted the gently caress out of the boos in Romans entrance.

It was nonstop booing any time he did literally anything, from where I was sitting.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

The Berzerker posted:

It was nonstop booing any time he did literally anything, from where I was sitting.

Oh yeah totally. It was deafening and I loved it

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

Can confirm.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oh if you watch it back after shane gets hauled off you can see randy orton go over to his family to reassure them he's not paralyzed/dead what a thoughtful young man

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the mic muting couldn't even cut out the boos, good work Canada :canada:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dias posted:

I don't think people were expecting the special appareance 40 year old to win this over the unbeatable monster of WWE, and that's why people are shocked. It being a short match ain't got much to do with it.

I hoped he'd win and thought there was a decent chance of it, but yeah nobody at all expected the "in 85 seconds" part

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Shane died to Roman's vicious self-DDT.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Word on the street is that old Bill Goldberg got diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and has 3 months to live. Vince and Brock got together and agreed to the squash to give Bill's kid one last good memory to go out on. Brock is a hero. :rip: Goldberg.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I took a shower during the tag team survivor match. Did anything of note happen during it

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Sheamus/Cesaro and the Usos had a pretty good little match that made me wonder why they wasted time with the rest of that match

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Berzerker posted:

I just got off the subway and totally agree. That was my first live WWE in almost 20 years and I had a good time. I didn't care much either way about the main event but I did enjoy how fuckin piiiiiissed everyone around me was

Who were these pissed people in the subway? The cheers for Goldberg's win were overwhelming and continued all the way through his celebration. Was it a John Cena thing where he comes out for the Rumble and everyone loses it, but then later they remember "Wait, my emotions are lying to me, I actually hate this!" or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Blaise330 posted:

Well when the guy who broke the streak hasnt been pinned in like 30 months...
And wrestles like 3 times a year, if he feels like it, so how long between defeats hardly indicates anything at this point.

• Locked thread