Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So if Brock was the final boss of wwe, Goldberg is the secret boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

sticklefifer posted:

And wrestles like 3 times a year, if he feels like it, so how long between defeats hardly indicates anything at this point.
He pops in when he feels like it sure, but when he's there he's always been in a high profile match and in two of his matches this year he beat the poo poo out of Randy Orton and John Cena and left them bleeding. Since beating the streak Lesner has always been carried as being the biggest thing in the WWE, more important than championships and beating him was the biggest bragging right since the end of the streak (Except for the Ambrose feud into Wrestlemania which was a lovely match and lovely build)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

Who were these pissed people in the subway? The cheers for Goldberg's win were overwhelming and continued all the way through his celebration. Was it a John Cena thing where he comes out for the Rumble and everyone loses it, but then later they remember "Wait, my emotions are lying to me, I actually hate this!" or what?

There was a small contingent of anti-Goldberg people (including the guy next to me who was super into Roman and hilariously screaming "You cheer for Goldberg but you boo THIS????" ) who were probably concentrated in the subway and the lines to get out. The Goldberg pop and chant in the ACC itself was unreal and super cool.

Oh yeah and on our way out, a clearly-lost and still in his gear Randy Orton wandered out from a hallway and looked extremely pissed. Randy is a pretty man.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Spikeguy posted:

Goldberg is the Shin Akuma to Brock's M. Bison.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spikeguy posted:

Asuka's that low level Boss you assume will be a pushover and then you get your rear end handed to you time and time again for gently caress's sake Giant Ornstein stop being such a cheating gently caress :negative:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jetfire posted:

Goldberg is the Shin Akuma to Brock's M. Bison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDFTNRD3rhU&t=1m5s

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I don't know why people are complaining, this makes perfect storyline sense.

This isn't "WWE YOU loving MORONS YOU WASTED THE RUB ON loving GOLDBERG", this is "Brock didn't take this seriously and it cost him in the worst way."

Let's look at Brock's singles losses since he returned.

-First was to John Cena. This was later semi-retconned as Brock still suffering from diverticulitis. Supposedly when he faced Cena at full strength, well, we got Summerslam 2014.
-Next was Triple H at Wrestlemania. Real life helped there, in a sense: he suffered a concussion and HHH still barely beat him. When he tried to prove it the next month in a steelcage match Brock smashed him again.
-Undertaker at Summerslam 2015. Undertaker tapped, ref didn't see it, and Brock didn't tap to lose, he just passed out. In their third match in Hell In A Cell, Brock won decisively.

Everything else has either been screwjobs, him not taking the pin, or dominant wins. Or in Big Show's case, he didn't care so he just beat him to paste with a chair instead of wrestling.

You can very easily storyline spin this as Brock took all those matches seriously, but not Goldberg. Why would he? So the match starts, he powers Goldberg into the corner, Goldberg pushes him down. Look at Lesnar's facial expressions. He's basically going "Okay you got some piss and vinegar in you old man it won't change anything". Watch how he gets up. He rolls and briefly turns his back to Goldberg.

I'm not an MMA fan, but my friend is, and he told me, in boxing and in MMA, its not the punches you see coming that knock you out, it's the ones you don't see coming. Lesnar turns around right into the spear. That was the punch he didn't see coming. It completely knocked him off kilter and Goldberg hammered on that fact as hard as he could in two giant bursts of offense and Lesnar ended up never able to regain his bearings.

Of course, this is WWE, so we're probably going to get all the roster sucks and this 50 year old man rules, but drat it, THIS BOOKING MAKES SENSE AND CAN BE EASILY EXPLAINED.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Spikeguy posted:

I just said as much in the discussion thread; Goldberg is Ultima Weapon, so it's fine for him to win. Everyone else still needs to be the #1 top guy to have any sort of chance against Lesnar though, or at least a plucky group of misfits whose villages were destroyed.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cornwind Evil posted:

This isn't "WWE YOU loving MORONS YOU WASTED THE RUB ON loving GOLDBERG", this is "Brock didn't take this seriously and it cost him in the worst way."

Let's look at Brock's singles losses since he returned.

-First was to John Cena. This was later semi-retconned as Brock still suffering from diverticulitis. Supposedly when he faced Cena at full strength, well, we got Summerslam 2014.
-Next was Triple H at Wrestlemania. Real life helped there, in a sense: he suffered a concussion and HHH still barely beat him. When he tried to prove it the next month in a steelcage match Brock smashed him again.
-Undertaker at Summerslam 2015. Undertaker tapped, ref didn't see it, and Brock didn't tap to lose, he just passed out. In their third match in Hell In A Cell, Brock won decisively.

Everything else has either been screwjobs, him not taking the pin, or dominant wins. Or in Big Show's case, he didn't care so he just beat him to paste with a chair instead of wrestling.

You can very easily storyline spin this as Brock took all those matches seriously, but not Goldberg. Why would he? So the match starts, he powers Goldberg into the corner, Goldberg pushes him down. Look at Lesnar's facial expressions. He's basically going "Okay you got some piss and vinegar in you old man it won't change anything". Watch how he gets up. He rolls and briefly turns his back to Goldberg.

I'm not an MMA fan, but my friend is, and he told me, in boxing and in MMA, its not the punches you see coming that knock you out, it's the ones you don't see coming. Lesnar turns around right into the spear. That was the punch he didn't see coming. It completely knocked him off kilter and Goldberg hammered on that fact as hard as he could in two giant bursts of offense and Lesnar ended up never able to regain his bearings.

Of course, this is WWE, so we're probably going to get all the roster sucks and this 50 year old man rules, but drat it, THIS BOOKING MAKES SENSE AND CAN BE EASILY EXPLAINED.

Brock's booking before and after Undertaker are really obviously two different things, and they more or less asked you to forget about everything before and booked him completely differently.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Cornwind Evil posted:

THIS BOOKING MAKES SENSE AND CAN BE EASILY EXPLAINED.

They almost certainly won't explain it that way, though

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I just got home, read the spoilers, are any of the hour long matches actually worth watching or should I just wait for highlights and/or the Dave Meltzer review? And hour is a loving longass time for a wrestling match.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

AlmightyPants posted:

I just got home, read the spoilers, are any of the hour long matches actually worth watching or should I just wait for highlights and/or the Dave Meltzer review? And hour is a loving longass time for a wrestling match.
Highlight clips should do for all the matches tbh. There were a lot of great moments in the Men's Smackdown vs Raw match, but there was also a lot of drag.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
honestly i'd say only the tag and cruiserweight matches are entirely skipable, the men's match kinda straddles the line but eh i enjoyed it and didn't even notice it was an hour long until it ended

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AlmightyPants posted:

Watch Goldberg/Brock on loop for an hour.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
sami v miz was a really good match and the only people whining about it are loving marks

that and the men's survivor series were the only must-see stuff, imo. women's was solid, I missed most of the tag match but it seemed like you could get highlights for it, cruiserweight match was bland bland bland and then hilariously dumb

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Sorry but this is awful footage of what happened. Here's a clearer cut of what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYmrVQS-G3E

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

That was about 9 moves too many, but other than that yeah everything checks out

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the undertaker rub is exchanged like a sexually-transmitted disease and now goldberg is infected

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

If you didn't like how Brock-Goldberg went down then you're just a big silly.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
I was definitely sports entertained by the ending and I don't really care about the streak or implications but I'm still having a hard time buying that Old Guy Who Hasn't Wrestled In 12 Years completely destroyed Actual MMA Fighter Brock Lesnar in under two minutes. If elections are rigged I bet these matches are rigged too.

Cornwind Evil posted:

Ok I just saw this post and that's a good enough explanation for me.

sonicice fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Nov 21, 2016

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hey, folks. I'm chiming in from the universe where Brock/Goldberg went 20 minutes, and you're all complaining about stupid WWE was to give those two guys more than two minutes and how Goldberg should've just destroyed Brock right away like he did to just about everybody when he was booked well.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

LividLiquid posted:

Hey, folks. I'm chiming in from the universe where Brock/Goldberg went 20 minutes, and you're all complaining about stupid WWE was to give those two guys more than two minutes and how Goldberg should've just destroyed Brock right away like he did to just about everybody when he was booked well.

And the universe where Brock won has everybody complaining that WWE never does anything the fans want and could have delivered a true feelgood moment instead of further pumping up Brock for a match with Roman nobody wants and a rub that won't get Roman cheered. Funny old multiverse, ain't it?

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

LividLiquid posted:

When you're right you're right

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I've said all along that Goldberg is one of the few people in wrestling logic who can beat Brock and I've never enjoyed any one single moment of wrestling more. gently caress armchair booking; I got to see one more vintage Goldberg squash, and we've finally gotten past the huge story speedbump of Lesnar never losing simply and clean.

I've teared up at wrestling twice: when Bayley pinned Sasha, and just now watching Goldberg pin Brock. gently caress the complainers, I'm 12 years old again.

ed: rest of the show blew though, so I'm still glad I didn't bother to watch live. Thank gently caress for on-demand fast-forwarding.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
It made me happy when the crowd would chant 10 every time some kind of count was involved.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

keevo posted:

It made me happy when the crowd would chant 10 every time some kind of count was involved.

I'm curious if the crowd does it tonight as well, if 3 nights in a row is enough to spread it to Ottawa. Then maybe even outside of Canada??

It could be the new "WHAT"

Or WWE could book a 3 hour Raw with zero ref counts tonight to nip it in the bud

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Sanguinia posted:

Who were these pissed people in the subway? The cheers for Goldberg's win were overwhelming and continued all the way through his celebration. Was it a John Cena thing where he comes out for the Rumble and everyone loses it, but then later they remember "Wait, my emotions are lying to me, I actually hate this!" or what?

A lot of dad-aged dudes who were complaining that the big match they paid to see lasted 2 minutes. I don't think they were mad Goldberg won, I think they were mad that the show ended like a half hour earlier than they usually do and the main event was 2 minutes

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WrasslorMonkey posted:

That was about 9 moves too many, but other than that yeah everything checks out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w42tdKR9Rec

E: Time: 0:27

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The Berzerker posted:

A lot of dad-aged dudes who were complaining that the big match they paid to see lasted 2 minutes. I don't think they were mad Goldberg won, I think they were mad that the show ended like a half hour earlier than they usually do and the main event was 2 minutes
They should be happy because most WWE events run too long and make you have an existential crisis

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Cornwind Evil posted:

You can very easily storyline spin this as Brock took all those matches seriously, but not Goldberg. Why would he?

As someone who fell off the wagon super hard for the last few months, this is exactly the impression I got from the video package and Brock's facials during the match. Brock's entire run has been "Of course I beat the Undertaker, of course I beat John Cena, of course I bloodied the hell out of Randy Orton, why WOULDN'T I?" So when someone comes in who's a legitimate threat, he's too arrogant to see it. My only complaint is I really wish that kind of match was given to Samoa Joe because he owns, but goddamn if I didn't have the biggest grin on my face after that match ended.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

CascadeBeta posted:

As someone who fell off the wagon super hard for the last few months, this is exactly the impression I got from the video package and Brock's facials during the match. Brock's entire run has been "Of course I beat the Undertaker, of course I beat John Cena, of course I bloodied the hell out of Randy Orton, why WOULDN'T I?" So when someone comes in who's a legitimate threat, he's too arrogant to see it. My only complaint is I really wish that kind of match was given to Samoa Joe because he owns, but goddamn if I didn't have the biggest grin on my face after that match ended.

Doing this for Joe would be a good long term move, so of course they'd never do it.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

triplexpac posted:

Or WWE could book a 3 hour Raw with zero ref counts tonight to nip it in the bud

That would mean an entire 3 hours of DQ gently caress finishes and they'd never do that hahaha

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

That would mean an entire 3 hours of DQ gently caress finishes and they'd never do that hahaha

Jesus, I can't tell if I should watch Raw tonight or not just to see if they try this.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Fast finish -> good(ish)
Goldberg ever winning anything -> very, very, very bad

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Spikeguy posted:

Who is Emerald Weapon in this scenario

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

OldTennisCourt posted:

Who is Emerald Weapon in this scenario

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

I am sure you meant to say

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Went to sleep confused, woke up accepting and glorious seeing a Goldberg/Lesnar rematch 12 years after the fact

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

TUS posted:

Went to sleep confused, woke up accepting and glorious seeing a Goldberg/Lesnar rematch 12 years after the fact

I wouldn't go this far. I'm just mad it's being compared to Hardy/Sting. One of these was a conscious booking decision, the other was Jeff Hardy doing probably two or more different kinds of drugs. You might as well have called it a Montreal Screwjob with Goldberg making a heel turn for hitting Lesnar in the back, kinda.

I'm mad about wrestling please send help friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i hope shane o mac is ok :(

• Locked thread