Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I don't think you'll match TenaCrane's lust for blood or whatever that guy was called.

But I'm looking forward to this LP. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

There are some pretty tough flyers in this game but loving archers in this game feels like a personal preference thing. They're really important in the harder difficulties, I hear, but I don't play them.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, early growths were pretty low. Stat caps were also lower back then. Stat growths had just been going up until FE11 which was a huge shock and probably another reason it was so disappointing. I mean, the Dawn Brigade gets growth totals of 380%. They're pretty high compared to other characters but 380% is crazy when compared to the ~300% of FE7. Nino comes in 310% and she's known for crazy growths.

Meanwhile, Shadow Dragon's growths rates are a hell of a lot lower. I'll leave it to the OP if he wants to actually drop the growths for each character later.

Also, Radiant Dawn has some odd growth patterns. It almost looks like the growths in Fates, with them being so skewed.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

10 has loads of specific conversations even though the english script cut out things. I remember Fedule showing off a lot of them in his LP of 10, but it's been a while.

And we haven't even got to the best generic yet. I'm looking forward to seeing him again! :allears:

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

If you play on Hard, it's just assumed that Frey will be the sacrifice. So playing Hard doesn't avoid the sacrifice, it just forces Frey into the role.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Ogma probably had that hair in FE3 as well. The FE3 art looks a bit like the anime art to me.

Also Gonzales > Ross.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, the term Prf comes from the GBA games, I think. Or at least the english term would've, since we started with 7. Eliwood's Rapier has a Prf rank. Also, Eliwood's Rapier is way better because it has 8 Mt, so Marth's rapier is really disappointing coming from the later GBA games.

RF2 is honestly just more of RF1. If he feels up to showing off another RF game, I'd love to see him try RF3.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Vulneraries are great because you can heal without needing a healer around. So if you have some units that need to heal but the healer can't get to them or it's too dangerous for them to be there, vulneraries are very nice . Try playing with an unit composed of units with higher move, like more Paladins/Draco's.

SoV's probably has something like supports. We've seen something that looks like support bonuses, we've seen the red heart things for Fates/Awakening. But we haven't seen any pair up in it. So there's a good chance they meant "no pair up or dual attacks" when they said "no battle supports". Plus, they've given some characters conversations before battle, so I think they're trying to avoid how FE11 has a lot of units that never get a chance to express themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

FE12 doesn't do dynamic growths, no.

Neat thing about those is that if you get a level in Priest and then reclass to a class that would normally leave you at 0 res growth, you can still get a point of Res. Not useful but it's possible.

• Locked thread