Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, I'm not sure if I'd say it's a whole game case, but that exchange does feel very 8-4 (the localization team for Shadow Dragon), and the same sense of humor tends to show up in their other work.

Did they do Days of Ruin, too? The one mook that was astonished that people managed to field a sizable armed force on the wing of a giant aircraft ("Sweet corn casserole, they have ROCKETS!!!") was probably the best part of that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

(also he's voiced by DC Douglas)

(insert a long winded story about a snail here)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Tier 2 is the Whitewings, by the by.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I say give Maria a chance. Lena is a severe disappointment this run.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

: Who is Chris? I don't know any Chrises, I'm Steve.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

Ah gently caress I avoided it for this long.

On the other hand, Tomas has an actual character trait now: he's awful with names.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

Fun fact I watched the whole first season of this dang show, partially because last time people kept referencing it in the thread and I would have liked to give a response other than "uh".

It was pretty fun, does not change my "I don't like anime" stance but it was good. I liked Speedwagon.

Each season has a completely different tone and cast - depending on what you qualify as "the first season" it might even qualify within them - so it's not inaccurate to say it's more like four shows.

Liking Speedwagon is good though.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

Sorry, I guess by first season I meant the first two "parts"? I left off when Joseph's story ended.

Ah, all right. For what it's worth SDC is kind of halfway between adversary-of-the-week and Around the World in 80 Days, but it ended up being so long it's two seasons (although D'Arby the Gambler is one of the best things in all of anime). Diamond has weird pacing in that it's a successive series of manhunts within a single town but the plot just takes weeks off for things like a girl getting a crush on one of the main characters, or going to an Italian restaurant (also one of the best episodes).

(Don't feel bad, the way that panned out was legitimately a little complicated to discuss.)

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

It took me way too long to decipher this and I'm not proud of myself. To be fair though, Specter of Torment is mostly contributing.

I wonder where scythes are on the weapon triangle, if not above it.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

BlazeEmblem posted:

A bit late, but I have the answer for this!

Scythes are strong against Swords, Lances, and Axes; and they are neutral against Bows, Rods, Lumps, other Scythes, and Books. They are not weak to anything.

That's what I meant by "above it". I just didn't remember the rest of all that.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Camel Pimp posted:

She's trying, give her a break

well I know what I'm manipping tonight

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

I just watched someone spend 130 stockpiled Heroes Orbs trying for an Ike and never getting one, so this is getting sent to him immediately.

This was basically me, anyway.

I even already have a Linde (but no sources of Aether to put on her).

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I like how the anime cover actually says "based on the hot video game" at the bottom. Despite no American at the time knowing that there was a video game.

Zero Skill is what I'm saying is happening there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Sjs00 posted:

DUDE! That's avatar level poo poo right there
just without the text cuz' that's goign over my head

That's this

• Locked thread