Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Jonny 290 posted:

what about a rotary encoder strapped to a stepper with a shitload of shaping so that it provides adjustable, software controllable even drag/resistance or software detents. force feedback i guess

I'm qwertin here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

really expensive audio gear has the best knob feel, that's why the naim muso won the 2015 knob feel award for best knob

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Which one of you is name changing to audiophile knob feeler

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Jonny 290 posted:

what about a rotary encoder strapped to a stepper with a shitload of shaping so that it provides adjustable, software controllable even drag/resistance or software detents. force feedback i guess

feels like cheating imo

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
has anyone said "you can feel my knob, op" yet

because you can feel my knob, op

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
lotta knobophiles itt

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

Which one of you is name changing to audiophile knob feeler

i like it

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
my logitech computer speakers have little knobs with feel comparable to much larger ones. very impressive knobfeel for the size and especially price. 4.3/5

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
u know how some people (spies for example) can feel how many bullets are in a gun by the weight of it? my knobs feel like that

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

i can dig it

• Locked thread