Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Please don't talk about Neville it makes me very sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Baron Corbyn posted:

loving Neville fans and their stupid loving opinions. Hey Neville fans, here's an idea: stop talking about Neville all the time.

The only reason I've shut the gently caress up about Neville is because they gave Sami a storyline and I don't want that to happen to Neville too.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suplex Liberace posted:

Please don't talk about Neville it makes me very sad.

Neville and Sami sucks!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bradzilla posted:

Speaking of people who should gently caress off, can Mick Foley go away already? He loving sucks and forgot what the Universal title was for like 10 seconds last night. Also I hope Goldberg wins the Rumble and decides to go for the World title instead of the dumb strawberry belt

What's this about? I don't feel like fast-forwarding through all of RAW later to find a segment where Mick looks dumb, but am interested in seeing this clip where Mick looks dumb.

I'm guessing Brock either is also in the Rumble or just shows up to eliminate Goldberg to setup a Wrestlemania face-off which will be 100% less enjoyable than the Survivor Series match.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phenix Rising posted:

What's this about? I don't feel like fast-forwarding through all of RAW later to find a segment where Mick looks dumb, but am interested in seeing this clip where Mick looks dumb.

https://fat.gfycat.com/DeepPaltryBrahmancow.mp4

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sami's story is good because as everyone knows, the best wrestler story is amplified real life and Sami is a loser nerd IRL, so making him a loser nerd in-story is perfect.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Neville and Sami sucks!

They are bad.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm sorry, this is an example of Mick looking great.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Mick came out to make the title match and he said something like "for the.... ..... Universal Title"

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Baron Corbyn posted:

loving Neville fans and their stupid loving opinions. Hey Neville fans, here's an idea: stop talking about Neville all the time.

Agreed

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

jackofarcades posted:

Mick came out to make the title match and he said something like "for the.... ..... Universal Title"

And you can see and hear Owens yell "you forgot that, didn't you!"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baron Corbyn posted:

loving Sami fans and their stupid loving opinions. Hey Sami fans, here's an idea: stop talking about Sami all the time.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sami Zayn is really good and should get all of Neville's screen time and also sheamus's

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

This is amazing.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The crowd had two separate "you still got it" chants going; one for every badass spear at Survivor Series 2016.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Someone please fire Mick Foley

out of a canon

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm guessing Brock either is also in the Rumble or just shows up to eliminate Goldberg to setup a Wrestlemania face-off which will be 100% less enjoyable than the Survivor Series match.
Not sure if :thejoke: but that was the exact setup for their WM20 match, but I sure wouldn't rule out the possibility because of that!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

so is this the WWE trying to do the underdog thing again with Sami? Because I don't think feeding Sami to Braun is cutting it by any means.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Venomous posted:

so is this the WWE trying to do the underdog thing again with Sami? Because I don't think feeding Sami to Braun is cutting it by any means.

according to Dave yes, and it's totally not working

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

They think he's Daniel Bryan, but oddly enough if you try to bury someone to make them hot, instead of burying someone who is already hot, it doesn't loving work.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
It could still work if he can get a win back or put up a really good fight over Braun. It won't happen because that makes sense though

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Sami had the best match on the main roster (Zayn vs. Owens Battleground) and arguably NXT this year (DIY vs. Revival might have beaten out Zayn vs. Shinsuke) and now they're feeding him to Braun.

Braun needs someone like Zayn to work with because he's still pretty green, and overall it will probably make him a better wrestler. But this program is going to hurt Sami, especially with his last two PPV showings being losing to Jericho for no reason and losing to The Miz with stupid heel bullshit that's honestly getting a little tired (I'M GETTING WORKED AAAAAA).

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vaguido posted:

Sami had the best match on the main roster (Zayn vs. Owens Battleground) and arguably NXT this year (DIY vs. Revival might have beaten out Zayn vs. Shinsuke) and now they're feeding him to Braun.

Braun needs someone like Zayn to work with because he's still pretty green, and overall it will probably make him a better wrestler. But this program is going to hurt Sami, especially with his last two PPV showings being losing to Jericho for no reason and losing to The Miz with stupid heel bullshit that's honestly getting a little tired (I'M GETTING WORKED AAAAAA).

But the Miz is great and he should be IC champ untill a red hot babyface is ready and he should not drop the title again to Dolph loving Ziggler.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
So are the cruisers gonna work Raw mondays and still travel to film 205 Live after the Smackdown tapings? Or did that arrangement get changed.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Venomous posted:

we completely buried this guy that was insanely hot, why doesnt anyone like him anymore?!?!?!!?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Minidust posted:

So are the cruisers gonna work Raw mondays and still travel to film 205 Live after the Smackdown tapings? Or did that arrangement get changed.

Cruisers currently have to do the following:

Raw
205 Live after Smackdown (at Smackdown)
House Shows
NXT Tapings
NXT House Shows

Not all cruisers have to do NXT stuff but there are more than a couple pulling double duty.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Minidust posted:

No, cruisers are still on Raw and also have 205 Live, their own show. It's entirely possible, though, that they just won't use the same people on a given week unless it's necessary. (LOL wishful thinking, WWE doesn't give a poo poo about rigorous travel schedules LMAO)

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Vaguido posted:

Cruisers currently have to do the following:

Raw
205 Live after Smackdown (at Smackdown)
House Shows
NXT Tapings
NXT House Shows

Not all cruisers have to do NXT stuff but there are more than a couple pulling double duty.

3 years of this and they might make as much money as Brock did in 85 seconds.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Neville and Sami sucks!

DoctorGonzo posted:

But the Miz is great

This mans taste in wrestlers has always been bad!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
That Shinsuke jacket that Jericho was wearing looked really comfortable. How is it?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

But the Miz is great and he should be IC champ untill a red hot babyface is ready and he should not drop the title again to Dolph loving Ziggler.

who is left, though? unless they rocket Tye Dillinger into SD (they won't) who is left? Miz hasn't had any interaction with the Wyatts, might as well start that program so you can give Bray his first belt maybe? that's if he doesn't feud with AJ first.

p.s. bray wyatt is a face and has been since the bray+roman tag team

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

He should have lost to Zayn so Zayn would have something besides being killed to do and so Miz could move on to the world title scene

As is, now both won't progress for a while, Dean will get 3 more shots that go nowhere, and Braun will get a toy that isn't a belt

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

who is left, though? unless they rocket Tye Dillinger into SD (they won't) who is left? Miz hasn't had any interaction with the Wyatts, might as well start that program so you can give Bray his first belt maybe? that's if he doesn't feud with AJ first.

Whoa I just realized Bray hasn't held anything.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Bray has held the FCW tag titles with Bo Dallas, but I believe that he was still Husky Harris at the time. Other than that, yeah, he needs to do something with a belt. He deserves it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lou Parper held the IC belt for a hot minute, but that was around the time the belt was slingshotted back and forth between him, ambrose, ziggler, and miz or whoever else was there.

I still wish Sanity was just brought in outright as more Wyatt swampmen and sprinkled throughout both brands to create a feeling of "holy poo poo this man's cult is going to rule over everything"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

That was the only time Bray was a face.

They should turn the Wyatts face and have Bray/Orton vs. AJ and whichever one they don't go with against Miz.

But I think Smackdown has to turn either the Wyatts or AJ because they have a severe lack of credible faces right now. Cena and Taker don't count since they don't work full schedules.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

exactly, no need to complain about Goldberg because he owns and loving KO/AJ/Samoa Joe/Nakamura are the top mens in this company. Goldberg is a way cooler Final Boss and whoever takes him out is going to get monster heat in the Rumble.

Judging by history and his current push trajectory I'm gonna say it's Bray and his ilk, much like how he dumped Bryan out years ago and also hosed up Brock (which lead to nothing) at the Rumble.

If it's not Bray Wyatt then let us have our Cesaro / Goldberg fight

Not to mention the tier below the tippy top includes Ambrose, Rollins, Jericho, Roode on NXT, Asuka and Becky among the ladies... the only indy darling who is truly getting poo poo on while deserving better right now is Sami.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Minidust posted:

Not sure if :thejoke: but that was the exact setup for their WM20 match, but I sure wouldn't rule out the possibility because of that!

I didn't realize that at all. I checked out around WM20 so I know the big pieces of the puzzle, like Mania, but wasn't paying attention for the finer details.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

MinibarMatchman posted:

You know, Nakamura has had quite a history with Intercontinental Titles...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I have to say it's quite smart gradually turning New Day into shithead annoying heels just as people started getting sick of them. The whole thing about desperation to cling to the titles to beat the record by any means necessary is a lot of fun at a time when they were getting really stale to me.

• Locked thread