Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

One of the transformation styles is REALLY good though and let's you beat up demons with ease. It's quite a while before we see it however, not until closer to the ending. So it's best to forget about it until we see it. :v:

Toad is okay. Not great but I believe it has a decent area attack that would have been a lot better if you weren't so slow and easy to hit while getting your frog on. As long as you're not fighting a terribly hard fight you can just :getin: and bash away to get some variation in combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It also helps that he is voiced by John Cleese.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

So the candidates for playing match maker are:
-Arrogant jerk in the tea house in need of a broken nose.
-Soft carpenter needing someone with a firm hand and a head for business.
-Big dumb guy who wants a hard worker and lots of children for a farm.

Have I missed someone?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Minister Sheng is the kind of person that if faced with the end of the world would worry that it would be blamed on him. :v:

Also it really is a terrible business idea to keep the drat open. How much gold does he think people have stashed away to spend on his wares or that the sailors simply won't beat him over the head and just take the stuff?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm not sure if I ever seen any beheadings before since I just punch all the time if I can. :v:

Using the sword drains that bar and I might need it later.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I've beaten this game twice and I didn't know about the combos. :stare:

Also I didn't know the newer swords cost more focus to use. Not that I would've used the old one over sweet extra damage, but still.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Combat-related accident.

Doc Morbid posted:

According to the wiki, you still have to fight Xianshi even if you kill Gao beforehand. I guess Gao's death doesn't undo the binding spell.
Probably some "guard my treasury against anyone except me until I release you" kind of binding.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If you die in demon horse form do you explode and damage enemies around you? :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

I love the whole "GAZE UPON OUR PERFECT FORM" [transforms into a horrible midget] part.

Also, with the whole CELESTIAL BALANCE, doesn't killing the Mother just mean that another evil demon is going to get her job sooner or later? Or is the Celestial Bureaucracy only concerned with STARTING things in balance, and then doesn't give a poo poo if it's disrupted later?
It seems like something they would do yes. But it'll be a while until the forest is too far over to the good side and they appoint one. They might wait until the water dragon is back on balance first too. Also the paperwork might take even longer than that. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It's so edgy it's causing me physical pain. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Cangelosi posted:

That's essentially why they called the good/bad system as Paragon and Renegade. Paragons rely on reason and morality, Renegades rely on results and rudeness. Although unarmed, the Krogan WAS threatening you, and in the end it created a badass moment for you. Paragons sit and wait out the pithy speeches, Renegades say screw it and shoot at the explosive tank to shut the idiot up.
It's really rude to interrupt the villain's speech. :colbert:

Also if you're good enough you don't need the sissy renegade advantages. :smug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Building on that, maybe Hou actually really wanted to become sober and retire to become a baker so he invented the wife. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

No one misses the princess for the hours/days she's out and about?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't know, more beheadings sounds like a pretty good thing to me. But I've never put any points in the two sword style myself. It's hard to tell if a new style is better than what you already have since it has no points invested in it and you have less experience using it. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Did KOTOR have a Black Whirlwind?

I remember one upcoming arena fight which kick my rear end. It's much harder than the actual boss fights and last time I waited until I had the last transformation style which is bonkers overpowered and put the maximum ranks into it. Somehow I always end up getting hit by stuns and swamped by enemies. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The GoG version runs a lot better.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I does for me, no idea why. Oh, by a lot better I mean it actually starts reliably.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You made that long fight against everyone seem so easy.

So many styles to keep track of now, how many do we have?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

Every Bioware game in existence would be considerably removed by the excision of all romance dialogue and subplots.
Nooo, we need all that gay elf sex Bioware provides. :(

It could stand some serious improvement however.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oh gods, his face. :roflolmao:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe all spirit monks had amulets like it and had been causing problems for centuries and it was the real reason for them being wiped out.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I wonder what the casualty rate is for the acolyte-assassins.

Anime Reference posted:

I'm guessing it involves a lot of kicking puppies.
Or just a lot of pointless murder.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Doc Morbid posted:

"I've been here for six loving hours, what the hell is taking them so long!?"

How does nobody notice him sneaking around in his brightly colored robe?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You really can't spell assassin without an extra helping of rear end.

Maybe it has something to do with their moronic indoctrination process messing up their self preservation. On one hand it's good that they're not too scared to follow dangerous orders but on the other hand if they all die jumping from a tall tower armed with only their sword they're not being very useful. No wonder they're being replaced by golems. Equally dumb but so much easier to train and replace.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It's not over yet! We'll haunt the palace as a ghost and put too much salt in all his meals. :argh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Makes you wonder about Gao the Lesser, how much was he used? Surely the great strategist included him in his plans. Not just revealing himself so the pirates would come and kidnap him but also during all those years of training. Way back Dawnstar made a comment on how Gao's punishments never corrected his behavior and surely that must have been intentional as well. All according to plan.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Welp, so much for defeating Death's Hand.

Good thing we certainly don't mind being lied to, deceived, manipulated, betrayed and freaking murdered for some shiny blue lady who's supposedly so powerful yet utterly incapable of taking care of herself. :argh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

resurgam40 posted:

She's dead, dude! Cut her some slack!
She wasn't dead when the emperor came knocking on her temple. There's no way she didn't spot that way before they stood outside the door. Just lounging around and oh someone's here to murder me, steal my powers and upset the natural order of the entire world possibly breaking the whole thing? Eh, it's fine. After I'm done yanking on this protagonist chain I'll give them another ten years of drought just to gently caress with them some more lol.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I thought Princess Silk Fox was the same age as the protagonist.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

This is the Celestial Bureaucracy. She was standing there, waiting as the functionary stamped her forms one at a time, all ten of them for each soldier attacking her temples so she could get permission to defend herself from them when the Emperor ripped out her crystal power majigger thing.
But surely this has led to tons and tons of more paperwork? But I guess bureaucracy doesn't care. Wait a second. Can she even lose her powers without getting those forms stamped as well, in triplicate?

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 9, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

painedforever posted:

So, he would've been like Bishop from NWN2?
Thank the gods they changed him then. Couldn't stand that rear end trying so hard to be bad. But it did lead to a funny moment in MotB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Thanks for making this LP, it's been a lot of fun to follow it. :)

Blackwhirlwind's ending was really fitting but I've never seen that Kang's ending before, as I never bothered finishing the machine.

• Locked thread