Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
I know you're going Open Palm for the main run, but will you be showing off the Zither of Discord side quest? It's just about the only time Closed Fist is written properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Doc Morbid posted:

Unfortunately, the guy who gives you that quest just tells you to gently caress off if you're Open Palm. :saddowns: I'll at least make sure to talk about the quest when we get there.

Yeah, I was hoping I could persuade you to do a side run to show it off, though I guess doing an extra run through a decent chunk of the game just to show one sidequest would be a bit of a chore.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
I've only ever set her up with the carpenter (who I figure is the "right" choice) so it'd be great if you could also show off the others.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Glazius posted:

I think what the Closed Fist path is really missing here is that when you fight someone to stop them from doing a thing and you lose, the take away is not that somehow they didn't fight you the secret right way so you got cheated out of a victory. No, even if you lost, the mere fact of what happened validates your belief, that applied violence solves problems.

It's a pretty good self-reinforcing spiral, up until the climactic confrontation with the final boss whereon some drat Open Palmer completely disables them by sheathing their sword the right way.

The Closed Fist path here really ought to have taken more inspiration from the Zither of Discord quest. Side with Smiling Hawk, destroy Master Radiant and kill First Brother and Fourth Brother, then turn on Smiling Hawk (why would you stop at testing your strength against one master when you could test yourself against two?) and kill him and Third Brother, then congratulate Fifth Brother on his promotion to master. And tell him he has a year to develop his own Black Leopard style before you'll come back to kill him.

• Locked thread