Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
I loved this game when I was younger, though I never got very far - pity the steam port is (by most accounts) horribly broken, or I'd buy it to play again now I'm not so awful at video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013

Doc Morbid posted:

I'm actually playing the Steam version here. It should work pretty well once you manage to get it to launch without the "Can't find Steam" error message (which involves copying the steam.dll file from your Steam folder to the Jade Empire folder, after that it should be fine). The PC version in general has always been a bit wonky, I also have the physical DVD release where the autoplay is broken and you need to actually go click on the installer.exe. Oh, and the spine on the steelbook case reads "Jade Emipre". :v:

I'm always kinda nervous about trying out fixes like that, because I don't trust myself not to gently caress up everything somehow, but maybe if it's on sale at some point I'll pick it up and see if I can convince it to work, because I always thought this was a solid little game with a neat story and some fun world building.

And one incredibly hammy line of voice acting in a side quest that my brother and I quote at each other to this day despite the fact that it is probably not nearly as funny as we found it at the time.

• Locked thread