Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Doc Morbid posted:

Episode 15: Marvelous Dragonfly

If you stage a combat-related accident for Gao, like falling down a flight of punches, I'll replace the inductor on the Dragonfly and we can fly away! What do you say?

Best line right there :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

PopeCrunch posted:

Okay so the dudes at the inn are obviously cannibals. They're cannibals, right?
They're totally cannibals.

They're only cannibals if they're also human.

I doubt they're actually human.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

I am also getting the distinct feeling that Henpecked Hou's wife... IS booze.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

gently caress Highfort Week was a blast.

Now if only the dude had gotten something more than a jackass monkey :argh: (and a complete LP :allears:)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

That play plot was kind of interesting. There's just the right amount of ambiguity to it: was the script changed to try and draw attention to the Lotus Assassin's so that the populace 'wakes up' in regards to how they're pretty much controlling everything, was it changed by the Lotus Assassin's to stage a bunch of 'arrests' or was it changed by someone else to get them to do those 'arrests' and reap benefits from it?

Interesting.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

GDI Fong this is the what, 3rd, 4th daughter we've had to bail out of some life trauma because you died early in life? Did you die from a heart attack because of too many mistresses at once or something I mean jeez.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Commander Keene posted:

Okay, so there's nothing left preventing Master Shin from falling down a flight of punches, right?

Except for this Golem Press at the top of them.

E;fb

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

They are the third most competent people you know though (next to yourself and your companions of course.)

Normally I'd say there's something there about how the rank and file have grown overconfident by coasting on their reputation yadda yadda but really, this is just how Bioware does evil organizations. I have to keep checking that we're not on Korriban again.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Kang isn't too shocked or awed at being Lord Lao, why should anyone else be? :v:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Robindaybird posted:

Honestly, even with knowing Bioware's love of Sudden but inevitable betrayal tropes, this one took me off guard.

I half-expected the gem to corrupt/influence Sun Li, not Sun Li setting us up for a fall.

This one is especially notable because it's a long con. A really long con. A 'I rescued you and took you in as a baby and taught you martial arts that specifically has flaws only I can actually exploit so you can beat up my big brother who's a giant jerkface and keeping all of the power to himself' long.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

IT WAS ME FANTASY CHINA

It was me all along!

Vote Angry Old Man stare for Fantasy China Dynast, 1956.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Glazius posted:

Why were they even bothering with golems? I imagine not getting the emperor personally involved with the creation of the army might be kind of worth it.

Probably to try and put all those wandering dead ghosts to a productive use.

Then they figured out that freshly tortured souls were better for what they wanted.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Poil posted:

She wasn't dead when the emperor came knocking on her temple. There's no way she didn't spot that way before they stood outside the door. Just lounging around and oh someone's here to murder me, steal my powers and upset the natural order of the entire world possibly breaking the whole thing? Eh, it's fine. After I'm done yanking on this protagonist chain I'll give them another ten years of drought just to gently caress with them some more lol.

This is the Celestial Bureaucracy. She was standing there, waiting as the functionary stamped her forms one at a time, all ten of them for each soldier attacking her temples so she could get permission to defend herself from them when the Emperor ripped out her crystal power majigger thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

"If it can die, I can kill it."

:allears:

• Locked thread