Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

why would you not want to get updates? Do you block security updates as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

~see my amazon wishlistu~
firefox 0day; bump

Smythe posted:

Never had this happen. Literally. You're holding it wrong.

speaking of 0days, windows 10 will reboot without warning when applying out-of-band security updates. this happened to me once while i was executing a time-sensitive IT change, very cool

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Boiled Water posted:

why would you not want to get updates? Do you block security updates as well?

Every time I get automatic updates it breaks my laptop monitor. It keeps setting it as a regular external LCD instead of a laptop LCD and because of that the brightness controls stop working as well as the setting I have where my laptop locks when the lid is closed.

Not to mention the update on my desktop PC that somehow managed to break sleep mode.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
tfw computers are good as gently caress because you use Apple products

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I blocked Windows 10 updates via some group policy setting but I still get full screen popups telling me to get new updates. Is there any way to disable this poo poo

You're holding it wrong and loving it up. You're making it, and your life, Worse.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
My standard tier gaming rig with Win10 home on it updates invisibly and seamlessly. It boots from cold in under 3 seconds and is lightning fast. The UI is fast, clean, and efficient. Computing has never been better and it's all thanks to Windows 10.

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

actually, it's bad

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Smythe posted:

My standard tier gaming rig with Win10 home on it updates invisibly and seamlessly. It boots from cold in under 3 seconds and is lightning fast. The UI is fast, clean, and efficient. Computing has never been better and it's all thanks to Windows 10.

Same op

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

macs are gay

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

was thinking about max headroom today, and since we don't have one of him despite it being well more than 20 minutes into the future of the 80s, i shall bump this thread

pram
Jun 10, 2001

flakeloaf posted:

was thinking about max headroom today, and since we don't have one of him despite it being well more than 20 minutes into the future of the 80s, i shall bump this thread

we have max headroom, it happened, but its a singing virtual anime girl srry

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

are computers good yet? bump if not true

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

pram posted:

we have max headroom, it happened, but its a singing virtual anime girl srry

well if that ain't two reasons to bump this thread right there, i couldn't guess at better

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

flakeloaf posted:

the max headroom tv show had amanda pays :swoon:

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

prefect posted:

the max headroom tv show had amanda pays :swoon:

The lead was Edison Carter, who was a reporter for Network XXIII. This is the genesis of my username.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

netwerk23 posted:

The lead was Edison Carter, who was a reporter for Network XXIII. This is the genesis of my username.

Wow, thanks for telling us your origin story, frequent YOSPOS poster. I've been wondering for a long time!

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

Citizen Tayne posted:

Wow, thanks for telling us your origin story, frequent YOSPOS poster. I've been wondering for a long time!

bump

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Excuse me?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

bump

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

it's friday evening, computers are actually okay right now, bumping anyway

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

macbook doesn't have the correct ports for me to gently caress and cum in

bump

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Skim Milk posted:

macbook doesn't have the correct ports for me to gently caress and cum in

bump

no, they're much too large for a good fit for you

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

bump every time win10 restarts for another update and u can't delay it

never happens on mine

e: efb

That Robot fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 5, 2016

TheToxicEuphoria
Feb 26, 2008
My computer runs Windows 7 so it is Only Good.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Good post toxiceuphoria

my computer also runs windows 7, so computers are good this morning. Posting anyway because there are still macs out there, somewhere

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

safari refuses to load any web page for about 90 seconds after opening my gloriously thin display lid

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

sometimes wifi also says its connected but no packets actually are sent and i have to turn wifi on and off to get the internet working again

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
can't use safari or app store on Mac os sierra if there are more than 640 characters in your proxy bypass list

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

windows 10 resumes from sleep and then sits there for a minute and a half waiting for the hdds to wake up

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

flakeloaf posted:

waiting for the hdds to wake up

checks out; bad computer

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

LOG OFF

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I've been slacking on bumping this thread but here goes

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

carry on then posted:

no, they're much too large for a good fit for you
ohhhhHHH!!!! HOH HOOOOOOHHH!!! OHHH

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
just checked with the boys down in the lab: computers are still bad, folks.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

boys down the station think computers are bad

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
boys down in the bathhouse think computers are bad

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

boys in the bright white sportscar think computers will be bad

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

boys in the hood are always hard start talking that trash and they'll pull your card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

today i found out that if you cancel the windows 10 upgrade tool installation process when it was done downloading then it would download it all again. i am reasonably confident that it did not delete the old files.

okay that's my story thanks for reading please click"like" and subscribe! it really helps me out a lot

• Locked thread