Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Did you guys miss the part where a person must be approved by their (battalion equiv.) commander? No, of course nobody will authorize PFC Fucknuts to carry. Time and again, people trot out this idea that concealed carry will be abused by idiots to settle petty disputes, and yet it still almost never happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure everybody here knows that crazy guy who did the thing that time.. it happens, yes. My point is that it's not a common occurrence, and, not to discount your own personal experiences, anecdotes are just that.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

Yeah because Battalion Commanders never make terrible character decisions anymore, and have the time to get to know all the Soldiers in the battalion.
Yeah, because commanders never effectively delegate decision authority by requiring their subordinate commanders to sign off on things before ever even looking at them. There are always often a whole bunch of signatures required to make anything like this happen.

Incidentally, somebody mentioned personal weapons in arms rooms, and all that was needed in my troop was to get a hand receipt from the armorer (always E-4/E-5) for whatever poo poo you stored in there. Source: me.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 23, 2016

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I ain't gonna argue that.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

I completely forgot about how popular cheap taurus are with junior officers and junior enlisted a lot. A lot of people bought that shotgun pistol back in 2009 after the Hassan shooting, from the same place Hassan got his guns even.
The Judge? There was one in my unit that made its way around through an increasingly complex series of trades involving peoples' boats and trucks. A section leader in my troop started out with a lovely, leaky bass boat or something and traded it to another dude for a Judge, a bunch of other back and forth happened with that same pistol, and he ultimately wound up with a really nice boat and a truck. The thing might be a lovely pistol, but I guess it's not entirely worthless. :confused:

Like that story about the dude who traded up a paper clip to a house, but way, way more enlisted.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 24, 2016

• Locked thread