Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

Kuvo posted:

even though i knew Chad would give me that look HE IS SO JUDGEMENTAL AND WATCHES GARBAGE LIKE RUROUNI KENSHIN GOD WATSUKI-SAN COULDNT EVEN KEEP KAORU DEAD)

Chad sounds like a good man. I have another friend named Roger who also has good taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I read about this game in a Game Informer from like 1996 (TWENTY loving YEARS AGO), I really wanted it but I couldn't because I didn't have any money.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

tiistai posted:

The weirdest thing I see here is three dots meaning slow message speed

Increases the amount of ellipses inserted into their speech.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
also kuvo do you want the secrets behind my xng so your thread can have a cool starry background like mine

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3690484

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
hold on let me start up dreamweaver

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
I watched an embarassing amount of Rayearth as a teen and the way the VA is mispronouncing names has me slightly bothered. Sprite work is gorgeous though.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Ahahahahaha the video's been blocked again

This is magical

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
drat you right to hell youtube.

Have you considered dailymotion or vimeo?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

coleman francis posted:

drat you right to hell youtube.

Have you considered dailymotion or vimeo?

Vimeo instituted a "no LPs unless they're art" policy back when Viddler tanked and YouTube had length limits.

This IS art, but I don't think they'd agree.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
сказали мне что это место хорошое для «ЛП», но сейчас я не могу смотреть этот видео-файл

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I'll fix it in a bit.

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?
Magic Knight Rayearth was part of my childhood and this thread is already the best tribute I could ask for.

(I don't know what this game is about but Rayearth is so bad you guys, you're in for a treat.)

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
I will say it's a huge shame they didn't keep that one girls ridiculous southern accent, it was so good.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
:five:

Please continue.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I have no idea what Rayearth is, and maybe never will since the video is blocked, but this:

Kuvo posted:

expect it in a few hours cus i know moms gotta call my aunt in a few mins and that screws up the modem

This dredged up some memories of the bad old days, long forgotten.

There I'd be in my bedroom on the family 33.6 dial-up modem, gradually dredging through... I dunno, reviews of Quake 2/Half-Life "singleplayer episodes", probably (since the term "mod" wasn't really around yet), when I'd hear my mother's footsteps in the hall, moving with purpose towards the phone.

Surely she'd notice the ten metre phone extension cord trailing out of my room this time, right? Since she had to step over it to reach the phone? Surely this time she'd remember that picking up the phone would break my connection?

A faint -kerchak- from the other room as she picked up the phone.

The lights winking out on the modem, one by one, as the connection stalled and dropped.

My mother's voice from the other room:

"[Teenage Antistar], are you on the Internet?"

"... Well I was." I'd reply, massaging my temples.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

When I was young, a Suncoast visit was an every other week, good grades reward thing.

I generally picked one-off tapes at random because they only ever stocked one per series installment so it was hard to complete anything.

This was how I found out the same team that did Rayearth did an all girl version of Alice in Wonderland that's extremely creepy and gay.

I used to long for a laser disc player, because those giant discs had BOTH audio tracks on them.:aaa:

And then in high school someone had a tape copier, so we freely traded copied tapes of poo poo like Ranma 1/2.

What I'm saying is the 90s sucked.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Anoia posted:

What I'm saying is the 90s sucked.

finally someone else gets it

NeruVolpi
Apr 23, 2016
:stare: those gifs... The nostalgia... :staredog:

Can't watch the video though... Can we have a megaupload link to the .rm file?

I heard of this site, newgrounds, maybe you can do a flash version snd upload it there!

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

NeruVolpi posted:

Can we have a megaupload link to the .rm file?

:golfclap:
Or rapidshare?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
if someone sends me the file I'll put it on my irc fileserv

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

if someone sends me the file I'll put it on my irc fileserv

I keep asking the file bot for it but it just posts Smashing Pumpkin lyrics at me

Someone get a goat, we'll resurrect the old Viddler

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Convince a down-on-their-luck :filez: anime site to host the videos

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i found a copy on kazaa, sending it to ebaumsworld.com and failblog.com now

inverts
Jul 6, 2014
This thread is glorious. I feel like I'm 14 again. Which is terrible, but also incredible.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I feel that this is going to become a Vaporwave thread by the time we're done.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Video's re-encoding.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
ANNOUNCEMENT

I have provided thru this link alternative download of the rare and out of print first episod

e.✮ FILE IS 200mb, HUGE FOR SOME✮

. It is an AVI file, but quality animation must be kept at extremely high bitrate of just under 1mbps
(huge I know but this game beautiful in animation style of CLAMP) and 240 resolution
You may need a new video card to play this! It runs full 30fps! Sound also of hi quality
THIS WAS RIPPED STRAIGHT FROM THE JAPAN-ONLY LASERDISC!!!!

And I’m still mad at that prick from Games and James who dinged my car at the Hyatt during Otakon last year. I know who you are!

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

if you risk a 200mb donwload i DEFINATELY recommend a download manager like go!zilla

also im more than willing to mirror this on my site if host gator my dad will let me

Geop fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 25, 2016

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Robert Denby posted:

ANNOUNCEMENT

I have provided thru this link alternative download of the rare and out of print first episod

e.✮ FILE IS 200mb, HUGE FOR SOME✮

. It is an AVI file, but quality animation must be kept at extremely high bitrate of just under 1mbps
(huge I know but this game beautiful in animation style of CLAMP) and 240 resolution
You may need a new video card to play this! It runs full 30fps! Sound also of hi quality
THIS WAS RIPPED STRAIGHT FROM THE JAPAN-ONLY LASERDISC!!!!

And I’m still mad at that prick from Games and James who dinged my car at the Hyatt during Otakon last year. I know who you are!

dude i told you i was uploading it already!!1

(this encode is amazing)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Anoia posted:

This was how I found out the same team that did Rayearth did an all girl version of Alice in Wonderland that's extremely creepy and gay.

Everything CLAMP (caps for ???) does is creepy and gay. And stupid.

MKR was like the best of the bunch for not being massively creepy, or really dumb. Everything else has at least one massive moment or plot thread that is like "Jesus Christ, what the gently caress were you thinking?" CCS had a relationship between a teacher and an elementary school student, Chobits had the vagina button and all that entailed for the main character, and Tsubasa had a point like 3/4ths of the way through the 30+ volume series where everyone was revealed as their twin out of loving nowhere. And those are just the ones I read, from what I heard, or picked up in other books, X was super hosed up, Tokyo Babylon ended up hosed up (which lead into X), Wish basically pulled a Star Wars (and was dumb on top of it).

I remember Angelic Layer was not that hosed up, but I could swear there was something in it that just... Oh god, it was the prequel to Chobits, so now that I remember that it casts a totally hosed up light on the idea that all those people are basically testing out the prototype for Chii. Which means they were basically beta testing a gently caress robot under the guise of medabots.

I remembering why I stopped buying and watching anime now, for a while it was a lot of this and harem poo poo like Sister Princess (which apparently inspired Taro Yoko for some of Drakengard's story, mostly the "It is bad to gently caress your sister," stuff.)

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Geop posted:

if you risk a 200mb donwload i DEFINATELY recommend a download manager like go!zilla

Excuse me, I think you meant BonziBuddy.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

:siren: :siren: my uncle came over today so him and my dad can build the rest of our tree fort, but he also gave us a bunch of zip disks and a copy of video toaster :xd: :xd: :xd:

:sotw: :slick: i tried my best to fix the opening so the first episode doesnt get removed again :sweatdrop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MsWPqEr7Kk&hd=1</embed></body></html>

actually kuvo is reuploading the file to the ANIME NITE SHRINE and will be back on the homepage shortly~~~

MiniFoo fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 26, 2016

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Where is the codec for the download I can't hear the Glorious Nippon or Amazing OST!!!?????

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

11/25 UPDATE

ok thanksgiving was ysterday and my uncle was there. hes super cool and works at nintendo gave us a copy of video toaster so pat spent the whole day editing the video so heres an updated version

Ep 01 - The Expositing Game VERSION 2 (google video beta)

i tried to show my cousins some anime but they just wanted to watch wrestling. theres these two guys caled austin and hart and they hate each other and one of them (idk which) punched the other and spit beer so i guess its alot like son goku and vegeta in dbz .

they evnetually watched the second episode with us of rayearth which is here

Ep 02 - Trap Sprung (google video beta)

(c) 1997 original website do not steal

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
This is still the era where games came with manuals and you were expected to read 'em for backstory.

It was even more of a cold opening on the snes version, it didn't have the tokyo tower part, it threw you into magic land right away.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I'm impressed by the quality of these videos after you recorded them on your Saturn using a VCR, then recorded to your camcorder, then plugged into your computer, then compressed in Windows Movie Maker, and uploaded to Kazaa.

Toma
Jul 18, 2011

Behold my elaborately animated eyes.
Now that I think about it, I think the violet haired boi is also in Little Big Adventure.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
So what do I gotta do to join your webring

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I don't know whether I hate this or love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Early announced-last released fits Working Design's M.O. Lunar SSSC (#1's remake) got delayed so, so, SO many times.

As much as I love their work, "timely" isn't in their skillsets.

• Locked thread