Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

quoted for new page

Kuvo posted:

12/29 UPDATE

sorry for the lack of updates, mom took away my internet privlages after she figured out end of evangelion isnt actually a christian movie

Ep 10 - Toss MY salad (google video beta)

(c) 1997 original website do not steal

MiniFoo fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Dec 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
What do you mean End of Evangelion isn't a Christian movie? It's full of angels and crosses, and it even has Rapture!

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Good job getting that past the censors, dev team!

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Shei-kun posted:

What do you mean End of Evangelion isn't a Christian movie? It's full of angels and crosses, and it even has Rapture!

Clearly the symbolism was too subtle and nuanced for mainstream western audiences.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

current "we're never going back to the loving wuzuzu scam shop" tally: 3

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Fuu's diary page is just going to be a ten minute reddit post about how guys only like skanks, and not 'nice-girls' like her

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

fuckin CLAMP

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?

um?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

hahaha holy poo poo how did we overlook that

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Nobody has shown up in a ridiculous dress yet and i've not seen any implied homosexuality either so frankly Clamp hasn't even gotten started being Clamp.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

MiniFoo posted:

hahaha holy poo poo how did we overlook that

It was on screen for about a quarter of a second. :v:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Until you get to Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles, where they do the Stephen King thing of tying all of their past stories together in one dimension-hopping romp where you forget what the plot is by the time you get to the parts that are supposed to explain it, you haven't hit peak CLAMP.

Also, while I'm sure there are plenty of differences to make the plot fit a game more, this is pretty much how I remember the anime version playing out. One of the characters even mentions that the whole thing is pretty much an RPG. The armor and weapon upgrades are straight from the original story.

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

Apparently this game was translated by people used to trying to sneak things past censors, so they included a lot of sacrificial gags, only to discover it's a 90s video game, and no one cared.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MR. J posted:

It was on screen for about a quarter of a second. :v:

its almost like someone blows though the dialog prompts too fast

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So is the game going to turn into Super Robot wars after the girls get their mechs online and fully operational?

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?

Nidoking posted:

Until you get to Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles, where they do the Stephen King thing of tying all of their past stories together in one dimension-hopping romp where you forget what the plot is by the time you get to the parts that are supposed to explain it, you haven't hit peak CLAMP.

Man gently caress TRC. I appreciate CLAMP's manga for the artwork but TRC was the breaking point for me. Funny how it took clones and timeloop shenanigans for me to realize they're all a bunch of hacks, not the unified CLAMP-verse premise itself apparently.

Pharohman777 posted:

So is the game going to turn into Super Robot wars after the girls get their mechs online and fully operational?

You just reminded me that I'm interested in knowing how the gameplay will change (if at all?) once the girls get their mechs.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Kaasen posted:

Man gently caress TRC. I appreciate CLAMP's manga for the artwork but TRC was the breaking point for me. Funny how it took clones and timeloop shenanigans for me to realize they're all a bunch of hacks, not the unified CLAMP-verse premise itself apparently.

Plus the sister series, XXXholic, was miles better anyway.

quote:

You just reminded me that I'm interested in knowing how the gameplay will change (if at all?) once the girls get their mechs.

You'll get an animated cutscene of them shooting a laser together to destroy something big and bad and then NOTHING ELSE. I'm willing to put money down on that.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

/thread

dimenticon
Jun 16, 2014

Me irl, whatever, who cares
As far as I'm concerned CLAMP's biggest contribution to the world is the one true magical girl series Cardcaptor Sakura (creepy student-teacher wish fulfilment implied relationship notwithstanding).

Magic Knight Rayearth is shaping up to be a pretty big contribution as well, if only for the fact that this game exists because of it.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

1/4 UPDATE

we're living in the future now! where are the flying cars? i was scared my pc wouldnt work but i guess that service patch i spent all night downloading fixed everything. thanks bill

this episode was boring. the girls were stuck in a cave and there were no skeletons to fight

Ep 11 - Boinga Boinga (google video beta)

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Growing up, I had two friends with Saturns, both of which claim they wern't the person I lent this game to.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I came into this expecting a dumb anime game, but ended up getting a dumb anime game I unironically want to play

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

drat it, we're up against palette swaps. :saddowns:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Danaru posted:

I came into this expecting a dumb anime game, but ended up getting a dumb anime game I unironically want to play

Yup. The moment one can pre-order that Saturn flash-cart is eagerly awaited.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Danaru posted:

it's charming as h*ck, imo

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
It really feels like the people making this game actually cared about the project. It's not as common as one would hope, and especially not with games based on other media.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

It really feels like the people making this game actually cared about the project. It's not as common as one would hope, and especially not with games based on other media.

I'm not gonna gush about it much more but drat it.

Working Designs had many flaws but they really cared. They put so much TLC into their games.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Working designs doesn't make games

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Hivac posted:

Working designs doesn't make games

In that they had to recode and cobble together whole parts of this game themselves to make it happen they definitely had a part in "making" this game.

But I guess you're right in every other case. I guess it's better to say Working Designs didn't localize bad games.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

https://twitter.com/MiniFoo/status/818360419253260289

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

1/10 UPDATE

snuck out with some friends last night and tagged some stuff, dont tell my parents!

Ep 12 - Guy Ferio's Inside-out double-down Escudo with double baked pasta (google video beta)

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

It's not really a surprise Guy Fieri is an enemy of Zagat

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I'm pretty sure they actually meant waif, as in "a homeless and helpless person, especially a neglected or abandoned child".

"Waifu" wasn't a thing until after Azumanga Daioh got popular, which was a few years after this game.

edit: unless :thatsthejoke:

sincx fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 10, 2017

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Thanks for the LP!

From what I remember about the game, the jewels are not actually used up when you use them to get items in the shop, so there is no need to save up for something. (I think.) Nevertheless, I don't think you have one of each color yet.

Also, I find it funny that no one uses charge attacks.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I liked that parallax scrolling in that fight.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Adios, girls!

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??