Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swissmercenary
Nov 28, 2012

gentlemen, shall we?

All I see is the AI either blocking your shots or not reacting to xenos at all. Will wait for more online videos, so far this appears to suck, but at least the price is ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Zephro posted:

Can you have multiple of each class on a run, or are you limited to one each?

Don't know if you can pick your allies in single player. But multiplayer can have 4 librarians or any class combo. Thankfully enough people seemed to like the apothecary in the beta you usually won't end up with 3 assaults as gun-ho teammates.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Have they said when this is supposed to release today? I've got slow rear end internet currently, and since there was no preload I'd rather get the download started while I'm at work. I figured it'd be wen the sale was shown as ending (which was about half an hour ago) but now it just shows as Coming Soon and the sale ending January 2nd.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Should be out in like 20 minutes.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I have no idea what anything does.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
Well, it was developed by Streum On... So its matching up with expectations?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

If anything this makes me want to play Vermintide some more, this first mission seems to have no guidance or anything

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
yeahah i want to take termy armor into the garden of morr

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

anyone else getting lag spikes that freeze your screen for like 5-10 seconds at a time playing this?

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Did they fix the extreme loading times from the beta?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

CaptainAssholay posted:

Did they fix the extreme loading times from the beta?

The only long load I encountered was when you first start the game, afterwards actually loading maps only takes about 20 seconds for me.
Performance still seems pretty spotty, jumps between 30 to 60 FPS depending on what's going on.

Got an i5, 970GTX, and 8gbs of ram and everything but view distance(max) on high and 2x AA.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Percelus posted:

anyone else getting lag spikes that freeze your screen for like 5-10 seconds at a time playing this?

Don't say that, that was literally my only problem in the beta and made the game near unplayable. If they didn't fix that in their "performance tweaks" I'll probably cry.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so your character doesn't transfer between SP/MP like EYE?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Deakul posted:

Beta felt like a pre-alpha.
Ran like poo poo on my i5 w/ 970 and 8gbs of ram.
UI's pretty bad, shooting is merely ok, and it just honestly doesn't feel like what I expected a Space Hulk FPS to play like at all.

Still not optimized that well. My CPU usage jumps between 95 and 100 all the time (i5 4670K overclocked to 4,1 GHz) and the game stutters like crazy. During heavy action it's a loving slideshow, and I've got a GTX 1080 in here.

I know what you mean about the feel. The storm bolter feels like a normal assault rifle, the melee is clunky and Terminators running just feels weird. Beyond that the UI work is fairly awful. The fonts don't fit the 40K feel at all, as they're either generic futuristic fonts or something that suspiciously like Arial. All the UI elements like maps and whatnot are too crisp, too flat and too static.

And yes, the AI is fairly awful.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Haven't come home yet from work and mainlined it but from what the devs said there's no permanent progress in MP. Each mission starts you with 0 XP.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
A poorly thought out and half finished 40k game? Why I never...

Renwick Customer
Aug 19, 2008
Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

Haven't come home yet from work and mainlined it but from what the devs said there's no permanent progress in MP. Each mission starts you with 0 XP.

Just played with a couple friends in MP. I thought the fast levelling was due to it being beta? No, that's game design. Host's game crashed twice during play, losing all minor progression. Finished mission only to lose progression. Did not have a nice time.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Check out "Codex Mode". Sounds like that works around the leveling each match thing.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Anyone try SP? Does that work any better?

Anyway, think I'll hold off on buying this one for now though I hope it gets fixed soon.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Werix posted:

Check out "Codex Mode". Sounds like that works around the leveling each match thing.

These devs obviously care about the game so I think I might actually stick around for the long haul and see how they handle post-release support.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the tutorial and first glance at SP worked fine for me but i'm trying to join a friend for MP and no luck

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Deakul posted:

These devs obviously care about the game so I think I might actually stick around for the long haul and see how they handle post-release support.

Yeah, if you played E.Y.E. it is more than clear that 40k was a big influence on them. This likely was a passion project for this team, more so than other 40k game developers.

Passion might not translate to aptitude at game development, but I think you're right that they will stick with it and try their best, assuming Focus Home Interactive lets them.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Werix posted:

Yeah, if you played E.Y.E. it is more than clear that 40k was a big influence on them. This likely was a passion project for this team, more so than other 40k game developers.

At the same time at times EYE is shining through a bit too brightly, and giving the game an un-40K feel. Like hacking. What the gently caress is hacking doing in a 40K game? You couldn't come up with a better term / mechanic?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Werix posted:

Passion might not translate to aptitude at game development, but I think you're right that they will stick with it and try their best, assuming Focus Home Interactive lets them.

Vermintide's devs seem to loving adore warhammer fantasy and that's finally really seriously paid off, so I'm hopeful it'll get better from here.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

xthetenth posted:

Vermintide's devs seem to loving adore warhammer fantasy and that's finally really seriously paid off, so I'm hopeful it'll get better from here.

They seriously do. I was over to take a look at a pre-alpha version of the game before they announced it, and like 90% of the people at the studio play, paint and seriously care about the game -- even the guys in payroll!

The studio was covered in armies, their cupboards were full of scenery and stuff, and we probably spent more time talking about obscure Warhammer books and lore than Vermintide. It was 100% a dream project for them, which they pitched to GW with the expectation that they'd get told to gently caress right off, but when it came off it was literally the culmination of everything they got into games for.

Honestly, I don't think Streumon can match that :)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Played a game, felt really, really boring so far.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Der Shovel posted:

At the same time at times EYE is shining through a bit too brightly, and giving the game an un-40K feel. Like hacking. What the gently caress is hacking doing in a 40K game? You couldn't come up with a better term / mechanic?

Yeah but "coaxing the machine spirit" doesn't mean poo poo for people who aren't hip deep in the fluff. Also I couldn't think of a better term you can say fast to communicate to other players

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Deakul posted:

For E.Y.E., Streum On released some major patches over the course of a year and released another substantial update 2 years after launch. For as much as you want to rely on that record, but they ultimately did a pretty decent job of fixing the technical issues with E.Y.E., such as long loading times.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Okay, tried multiplayer with a buddy for about 40 minutes and it wasn't a positive experience.

Enemies and enemies with loving ROCKET LAUNCHERS right out of the god damned gate for Chapter 1, network errors, and load screen lock ups.
There's definitely a really loving cool game in there but I'm probably going to stick with singleplayer or something for now.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Deakul posted:

Okay, tried multiplayer with a buddy for about 40 minutes and it wasn't a positive experience.

Enemies and enemies with loving ROCKET LAUNCHERS right out of the god damned gate for Chapter 1, network errors, and load screen lock ups.
There's definitely a really loving cool game in there but I'm probably going to stick with singleplayer or something for now.

Said buddy reporting.

I hit Quick Match once, thinking it was a tab that'd let you customize your preferences or something. NOPE! Instantly dropped into the middle of a firefight. While I kept attempting to join Deakul's game, I'd be thrown from loading screen into multiplayer and then IMMEDIATELY into another match--servers who's games I didn't even click on! Two out of four times I got a network error between loading screens in Deakul's game.

Beyond that, it's a flood of enemies unseen in the SP version. Just plain old arbitrary enemy floods.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Der Shovel posted:

How about a Servo Skull with a welder accompanying you, like JACK in the Gears of War games?

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
This is fun but multi is still really buggy. I think I've only been able to finish one map and I've played 8-10 games so far.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

multiplayer seems to be unplayable poo poo atm :negative:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Playing SP (as God intended) and digging it, but word of advice: if you die (like, say, at the end of the first level), don't press Restart, press Load. Restart means Restart The Entire Level, and you can't skip cutscenes You've already seen.

:negative:

e: oh, and if your healer runs out of the healing-charges it gets, you can Psi-gate back to resupply.

v: uh, duh. The only issue I've had with the command interface is the degree of precision I needed with my mouse to select the right thing.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 15, 2016

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Playing a squad based FPS by yourself is the proper way to play it, eh?

I'd agree if the squad mate AI wasn't awful and if the command interface was any good.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
And getting the same random 100% of CPU using spikes that I got in the beta, even on lowest graphics settings. It is really loving aggravating since I will have my performance monitor open on my other screen, it is is usually at 50-60% CPU then suddenly 100% and a 5 second freeze.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'm playing it on normal just to see the story and since mp is hosed. anything harder with retarded ai that stands next to enemy spawn points and face tanks swarms is going to be frustrating af. hopefully they mp fix soon :jerry:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Everyone's bitching but once you unlock more powers and weapons the game gets real fun.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Gonna wait for a patch or two but this game is pretty fun when it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Nanomashoes posted:

Everyone's bitching but once you unlock more powers and weapons the game gets real fun.

I think most people are bitching because the game runs like poo poo and the AI is brain-dead. But I guess unlocking some sick upgrades will fix that?

• Locked thread